11 Weeks Out Current Diet

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Hey, been awhile since I posted on here life has been pretty hectic (graduated from college/new job/got married/new baby) whoooo lol Anyways, one of my friends convinced me to do my first natural competition and I wanted some opinions of my current diet. Here is what it looks like currently with all macros:

Breakfast (8:00)CalsCarbsProtFat
1 Cup Oatmeal30054106
1 Cup Egg Whites1335260
5 Fish Oil Capsules50005
Shake (10:30)
2 Scoops Whey24018402
Lunch (12-1245)
1/2 cup grits2605861
6oz. Chicken Breast1650335
1 Cup Spinach or Broccoli30420
Shake (3:30)
2 Scoops Whey24018402
Dinner (6:00)
1/2 Cup Grits1655865
5 Fish Capsules50005
Workout (8:00pm.)
1 Tbsp. Gatorade501400
Post-Workout (9:00pm)
1 Cup Oatmeal (Dry)30054106
5 Fish Oil Capsules50005
Before Bed (11:00pm)
1 Cup Large Curd 2% CC2166269
5 Fish Oil Capsules50005
[TR]

I also am taking:
6g AAKG Daily (3g Pre-workout/3g before bed)
Multi twice daily
200mcg Chromium Picolinate with Breakfast and Lunch

I am not currently doing any creatine but am considering adding some in. I also am going to add some Yohimbine HCL at Week 6 to start cutting. My metabolism is fast but has slowed down a bit in the last few years.

My workouts are as follows:
Day 1: Chest/Triceps
Day 2: Quads/Calves/Stairs
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Shoulders/Hamstrings/Stairs
Day 5: Back/Biceps
Day 6: Abs/Stairs/Cardio
Day 7: Stairs+Bike (Cardio)

Current Weight is around 185lbs, 5'9"

11weeksout.jpg

Thanks!-

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Sounds fairly good to me. Typically I do the bulk of my carbs around workouts or cardio and first thing in the morning. (do not do fasted cardio). Depends how many carbs one eats tho, if eating a lot then you would spread carbs a bit more. As long as youre losing weight slowly, like 1-1.5 lbs a week, and your strength is staying decent, you should be good. Don't eliminate lifting heavy during your cutting too, good luck

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Sounds fairly good to me. Typically I do the bulk of my carbs around workouts or cardio and first thing in the morning. (do not do fasted cardio). Depends how many carbs one eats tho, if eating a lot then you would spread carbs a bit more. As long as youre losing weight slowly, like 1-1.5 lbs a week, and your strength is staying decent, you should be good. Don't eliminate lifting heavy during your cutting too, good luck
Yeah I usually do cardio twice a week right now but I'm going to up that as I think I need to be losing fat a little quicker. I try to do carbs around workouts but since I'm working 9-5 and my workouts are usually late evening, I don't usually get that luxury. Still lifting heavy an I think I'm lifting heavier now than I did before I started dieting since I have more of an end game or goal.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
The time of day doesn't matter...if youre lifting or doing cardio you need carbs before and after. That's what your body should be using for energy an this will spare muscle from being metabolized for energy. You will also need them to have the energy to lift heavy

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
The time of day doesn't matter...if youre lifting or doing cardio you need carbs before and after. That's what your body should be using for energy an this will spare muscle from being metabolized for energy. You will also need them to have the energy to lift heavy
True,I try not to consume that many carbs close to bed because if I do, I tend to store them as fat easier. I also have never noticed any real difference eating a lot of carbs close to workouts versus eating them earlier in the day but of course everyone is different as far as how they utilize energy.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about carbs at night, it's a myth. If you're depleted from training your body will utilize them not store them. I'd recommend at least doing an occasional carb refeed

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Stil lifting heavy rocked out 405x10 on deadlifts felt pretty hood about that.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
grits dude-corn product, totally worthless, should be eating more fibrous veggies that are complex switch that to black beans

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
grits dude-corn product, totally worthless, should be eating more fibrous veggies that are complex switch that to black beans
Yeah started eating blackbeans and brown rice and occasionally black eyed peas.