10 Curcumin Products Tested

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
At the end, they list the 3 OEM's that had the best of the 10:

Table 6 shows that all 10 tested commercially available tablets and
capsules contain varied quantities of curcumin, DMC and BDMC.
However, as previously mentioned, the therapeutic efficacy that
curcuminoids generate through anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
properties appear to be much more pronounced in curcumin and DMC
compared to that of BDMC. Therefore, supplements 6, 9 and 10 may
provide a more substantial therapeutic effect due to their curcuminoid
compositions. These supplements were purchased from Life Extension
(Dolcas-Biotech, New Jersey, US), HealthSpan (HealthSpan, Guernsey,
UK) and Schwabe Pharma (Schwabe Pharma, Bukinghamshire, UK),
respectively.
Opens a .pdf > https://www.esciencecentral.org/journals/purity-determination-of-three-curcuminoids-found-in-ten-commercially-available-turmeric-dietary-supplements-using-a-reverse-phase-2329-6836-1000244.pdf

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife was taking curcumin for inflammation, but found the taking glutathione and NAC worked much better. I started taking glutathione and found that due to the ability to stop break down of nitric oxide, that pumps from any type of activity are much longer lasting. A single serving of my l-citrulline and agmatine in the morning has me vascular all day and simple things like writing with a pen has my forearms looking like they will explode.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
My wife was taking curcumin for inflammation, but found the taking glutathione and NAC worked much better. I started taking glutathione and found that due to the ability to stop break down of nitric oxide, that pumps from any type of activity are much longer lasting. A single serving of my l-citrulline and agmatine in the morning has me vascular all day and simple things like writing with a pen has my forearms looking like they will explode.
I'm sticking with my bulk 95% Curc and Bioperine, but Glutathione has some good data on actually working in athletes, orally ? Where else but Suppversity ?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dose are you using?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sticking with my bulk 95% Curc and Bioperine, but Glutathione has some good data on actually working in athletes, orally �� Where else but Suppversity ��
Sure, I wasn't trying to sway opinion. Just interesting information that I wasn't really aware of until I started talking more with my wife's internist.

600mg NAC 2x daily
250mg glutathione 2x daily

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Sure, I wasn't trying to sway opinion. Just interesting information that I wasn't really aware of until I started talking more with my wife's internist.

600mg NAC 2x daily
250mg glutathione 2x daily
Nah, I know you weren't trying to sway ? Just confirming Glutathione was good.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
In this animal model http://www.annexpublishers.co/articles/JNH/3205-Strong-Anti-Inflammatory-Effects-of-Curcumin.pdf
"Curcumin C3 complex 95% (Sample #1) was purchased from Sabinsa (Sabinsa Corp., East Windsor, NJ, USA), curcumin powder 65% (Sample #2) and curcumin 94% (Sample #3) from Sigma, Curcumin 95 (95%, Sample #4) from Jarrow Formulas (Los Angeles, CA, USA), and curcumin 95% (Sample #5) from Orcas Naturals (Landing, NJ,USA)"

"The aim of this study was to directly compare the biological effects of five various samples of curcumin. Based on our results,
sample #1 (Sabinsa) was consistently the most active sample, followed by sample #3 (highly purified sample from Sigma). We can conclude that despite the fact that curcumin truly represents a biologically active natural molecule, its activity differs widely based on the type of sample. Clearly, not all curcumins available were created equal"

T

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
thats really interesting

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Basically, Life Extension BCM95 is the way to go?
I don't know man :D The info on C3 and BCM is sparse, even on the OEM site (Dolcas and Sabinsa). Here is Dolcas:

http://dolcas-biotech.com/products/bcm95/composition/

I would highly recommend that you try out a bulk 95% extract with Piperine first, to try to save money. I had an actual "ouchy" that I could tell was "cured" when I started using that combo ^ - maybe you'll get lucky too? I don't really have an opinion on all the patented stuff - I'd just go off the research.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know man :D The info on C3 and BCM is sparse, even on the OEM site (Dolcas and Sabinsa). Here is Dolcas:

http://dolcas-biotech.com/products/bcm95/composition/

I would highly recommend that you try out a bulk 95% extract with Piperine first, to try to save money. I had an actual "ouchy" that I could tell was "cured" when I started using that combo ^ - maybe you'll get lucky too? I don't really have an opinion on all the patented stuff - I'd just go off the research.
Oh, I was just going by what you posted. I've already tried Curcumin + Bioperine (Biotest, Swanson, etc) as well as Meriva Curcumin (Phytosome Curcumin) and all have been effective. How effective? Not sure, mostly because I don't suffer from joint issues/injuries.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oral Glutathione has very poor bioavailability and isn't doing much/if anything more than NAC.

If you go with Glutathione, try sublingual, which has a much higher absorption rate, with injection being highest.

Basically, Life Extension BCM95 is the way to go?
Certainly one of the best options.

P

pbandy1

Awards
I thought curcumin didn't do anything anymore because it is a pan-assay interference compound? At least according to that new study - The Essential Medicinal Chemistry of Curcumin (2017, can't link)