1 Andro first time user (on TRT)

BoogieG

Awards
Just signed up to the forum & thought I’d inquire about 1 Andro. I received a bottle of Steel Supplements 1Andro from a buddy & am considering taking it. I’m a 30yr old male with cystic fibrosis that has been on doc prescribed TRT for a few years. I have I’d say 15yrs of on & off training under my belt (on & off due to many cystic fibrosis hospital visits but am the healthiest I’ve been in years).

I’m realistic with my expectations if I was to use it, my goals are just to recomp a little bit & possibly get a little strength boost. My question is regarding safety in combination with the TRT (I take 200mg a week split over 2 shots) & what some of the more experienced users here can recommend for cycle safety/support/ etc.

I know the steel website recommendeds a natural test booster product to use post cycle, but with the TRT & being naturally suppressed already isn that no issue? Just continue with my dose as usual after the 4-8wks of the Andro is complete?

I run a bit high BP wise (140/70) but that’s largely due to the CF & pulmonary hypertension due to years of chronic lung issues/lung damage

I apologize for rambling but I thought I’d give a broader picture for those who are willing to chime in. I’m here to learn so I’m all ears for suggestions. Thanks again & hope everyone is well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey, man-cystic fibrosis is a serious illness---you should have a very serious talk with your primary physician before adding anything to your prescribed trt.

good luck brother!!!

GOD BLESS

BoogieG

Awards
hey, man-cystic fibrosis is a serious illness---you should have a very serious talk with your primary physician before adding anything to your prescribed trt.

good luck brother!!!

GOD BLESS
I appreciate your reply, bro. CF is an ugly bitch but in many ways it’s made me who I am & I wouldn’t change that. My doctors are a picky bunch, very pharma forward & in years past have done me more harm than good. An example was being put on a transplant list in 2015 (I was hospitalized for 9 months that year) & was told I’d never workout again due to my lung function being in the toilet. Against their advice I went to the gym & fought my way off that list & never needed a transplant. They ignored my testosterone deficiency issues for so many years prior to me starting TRT. They just said it was CF related lethargy & finding a good endocrinologist getting my hormones in order made me bounce back like I could have never imagined. I started a gene therapy drug a little over a year ago that has changed my life; I no longer am on antibiotics, hardly do breathing treatments & haven’t been hospitalized since pre covid.

Before the vaccines came out for covid I had to take a calendar year off of the gym & just did what I could at home. I’ve been back training for about 2 months & am starting to hit a nice stride again. I know I could continue to do fine just doing what I’m doing, but I have this bottle of Andro here & thought what the hell? Maybe it’ll progress my back to the gym rebound a little better. Aside from the TRT I haven’t ever used anything anabolic (although I swear in the early 2000s I was taking something in the OTC supplements I was buying..I was stronger at 15yrs old than I am now at 30 lol)

I haven’t ruled out using a little extra with the TRT, like anavar or something, but maybe the Andro would be an easier start than a compound like anavar would. Just throwing ideas & hypotheticals around

Sorry I can be long winded. I get talking CF stuff & I don’t stop lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck, i wish you the best!!! :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I appreciate your reply, bro. CF is an ugly bitch but in many ways it’s made me who I am & I wouldn’t change that. My doctors are a picky bunch, very pharma forward & in years past have done me more harm than good. An example was being put on a transplant list in 2015 (I was hospitalized for 9 months that year) & was told I’d never workout again due to my lung function being in the toilet. Against their advice I went to the gym & fought my way off that list & never needed a transplant. They ignored my testosterone deficiency issues for so many years prior to me starting TRT. They just said it was CF related lethargy & finding a good endocrinologist getting my hormones in order made me bounce back like I could have never imagined. I started a gene therapy drug a little over a year ago that has changed my life; I no longer am on antibiotics, hardly do breathing treatments & haven’t been hospitalized since pre covid.

Before the vaccines came out for covid I had to take a calendar year off of the gym & just did what I could at home. I’ve been back training for about 2 months & am starting to hit a nice stride again. I know I could continue to do fine just doing what I’m doing, but I have this bottle of Andro here & thought what the hell? Maybe it’ll progress my back to the gym rebound a little better. Aside from the TRT I haven’t ever used anything anabolic (although I swear in the early 2000s I was taking something in the OTC supplements I was buying..I was stronger at 15yrs old than I am now at 30 lol)

I haven’t ruled out using a little extra with the TRT, like anavar or something, but maybe the Andro would be an easier start than a compound like anavar would. Just throwing ideas & hypotheticals around

Sorry I can be long winded. I get talking CF stuff & I don’t stop lol
Many over the counter "supplements" in the early 2000's were steroids that slipped under the radar and are now banned. Superdrol is probably the strongest or at least top 3 strongest steroids ever made and you can buy it at GNC for 15 bucks in the early 2000

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not a fan of 1 Andro, a lot of people find it makes them lathergic and has a negative impact on sex drive/sexual function that trt may not be enough to counter those side effects.

I also really don't know how different steroids, prohormones, supplements ect. Effect cystic fibrosis so I don't feel comfortable making any suggestions. If anything I would say score yourself some extra testosterone and bump up the dose but you gotta leave yourself enough time to let it clear and get back in range before your next bloodwork with the doc

BoogieG

Awards
I'm not a fan of 1 Andro, a lot of people find it makes them lathergic and has a negative impact on sex drive/sexual function that trt may not be enough to counter those side effects.

I also really don't know how different steroids, prohormones, supplements ect. Effect cystic fibrosis so I don't feel comfortable making any suggestions. If anything I would say score yourself some extra testosterone and bump up the dose but you gotta leave yourself enough time to let it clear and get back in range before your next bloodwork with the doc
I have plenty of test cyp to increase my dose for a bit. I’ve thought that may be the easiest way to try something “new” while still being a compound I am familiar with. Despite my lack of experience with aas I like to think I’d do the least amount with the most to gain. Say 300mg a week & see what happens. In my experience with talking to other CF patients who have utilized AAS they’ve always been a lot healthier than the average CF patient. The more active the patient, the healthier they are generally, & I’ve seen people with my condition thrive while using things much harsher than I would ever consider using (I knew a guy with Cf using tren which blows my mind).

The 1 Andro I would probably only run for a 4wk cycle just to see how I react to it if I used it. From what I read online it seems to be a relatively weak compound compared to some of the other Andros, so I figured maybe a good starting point.

When it comes to more bang for your buck results wise while keeping sides down, would you guys say the increase of test cyp would provide a better gain than the TRT dose combined with the 1-Andro?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have plenty of test cyp to increase my dose for a bit. I’ve thought that may be the easiest way to try something “new” while still being a compound I am familiar with. Despite my lack of experience with aas I like to think I’d do the least amount with the most to gain. Say 300mg a week & see what happens. In my experience with talking to other CF patients who have utilized AAS they’ve always been a lot healthier than the average CF patient. The more active the patient, the healthier they are generally, & I’ve seen people with my condition thrive while using things much harsher than I would ever consider using (I knew a guy with Cf using tren which blows my mind).

The 1 Andro I would probably only run for a 4wk cycle just to see how I react to it if I used it. From what I read online it seems to be a relatively weak compound compared to some of the other Andros, so I figured maybe a good starting point.

When it comes to more bang for your buck results wise while keeping sides down, would you guys say the increase of test cyp would provide a better gain than the TRT dose combined with the 1-Andro?
300mg of testosterone is much stronger then trt with 4 weeks of 1 Andro.

You wanna run the Andros for more like 6-12 weeks to see results. 1 bottle is never enough. That's another reason I don't mess with the Andros too much, to use them correctly you need a couple bottles and it gets expensive. I'd much rather double my trt dose for 8 weeks then use 1 Andro, especially if it's only for 4weeks. But at the same time if your only going to use 300mg test for 4 weeks it's kinda a waste too. It takes time to build muscle. Even guys on grams of gear are lucky to build more then 10lbs of actual muscle tissue in a year, nothing that happens in 4 weeks is really muscle, it's just cosmetic and we'll go away quickly.

I mean think about it, you heat stories all the time about guys gaining 20 to 30 lb of muscle on a cycle. But it's not muscle it's mostly water. If you really could build that much muscle on a cycle then in like 2 years you would put on over 100 lb of muscle and look like Ronnie Coleman lol.

4 weeks on a Andro might produce 10lbs gains but you would be lucky if more then a lb of that was actually muscle

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Again, I don't know if these things have consequences that will effect your medical condition so I'm not suggesting you do anything I mentioned.

BoogieG

Awards
300mg of testosterone is much stronger then trt with 4 weeks of 1 Andro.

You wanna run the Andros for more like 6-12 weeks to see results. 1 bottle is never enough. That's another reason I don't mess with the Andros too much, to use them correctly you need a couple bottles and it gets expensive. I'd much rather double my trt dose for 8 weeks then use 1 Andro, especially if it's only for 4weeks. But at the same time if your only going to use 300mg test for 4 weeks it's kinda a waste too. It takes time to build muscle. Even guys on grams of gear are lucky to build more then 10lbs of actual muscle tissue in a year, nothing that happens in 4 weeks is really muscle, it's just cosmetic and we'll go away quickly.

I mean think about it, you heat stories all the time about guys gaining 20 to 30 lb of muscle on a cycle. But it's not muscle it's mostly water. If you really could build that much muscle on a cycle then in like 2 years you would put on over 100 lb of muscle and look like Ronnie Coleman lol.

4 weeks on a Andro might produce 10lbs gains but you would be lucky if more then a lb of that was actually muscle
If Im going to increase the TRT dose I’d do it for 8wks & then taper back down to the TRT dose once that’s complete. I know that a 4wk increase wouldn’t do much, so you clarifying that gives me reassurance not to do that lol. I’ve long considered upping the dose of test for a legit beginner cycle to see how I respond. On my TRT currently I have no side effects (acne,hair loss, gyno, etc) & although the 300 would be an increase I don’t think I’d become a walking pimple volcano because of it. I appreciate your answers & will start a log here regardless of what I do just incase another CF patient comes here with the same thoughts/questions I did

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If Im going to increase the TRT dose I’d do it for 8wks & then taper back down to the TRT dose once that’s complete. I know that a 4wk increase wouldn’t do much, so you clarifying that gives me reassurance not to do that lol. I’ve long considered upping the dose of test for a legit beginner cycle to see how I respond. On my TRT currently I have no side effects (acne,hair loss, gyno, etc) & although the 300 would be an increase I don’t think I’d become a walking pimple volcano because of it. I appreciate your answers & will start a log here regardless of what I do just incase another CF patient comes here with the same thoughts/questions I did
There's no need to taper doses down, that's what the half life does, it tapers itself down when you slowly decrease the dose it just takes that much longer to get back to your trt levels.

If I'm blasting say 600 mg of testosterone and my cycle ends week 12, I won't pin anything for 3 weeks and then just continue with my normal trt protocol. If I was to go from 600 down to 400 down to 200 etc it would take like 2 months before my testosterone levels were back in trt range.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have no knowledge on CF or anything related, so I wouldn't be advicing you to take anything.

Just to touch on a few things said in this thread;
1-Andro is not weak compared to other Andros, it's the strongest of the Andros (anabolic wise). And you'd typically start to really see the effects of 1-Andro in the 3-5 week mark, so 4 weeks would most likely be a total waste.

I'd also estimate the 300 mg of test to be more anabolic, than a proper dose of 1-Andro in most cases, and testosterone being a bioidentical compound, test to be more safe/less harmfull too (again, with the CF in the picture, I don't know SH1T about what's safe and what's not).

Setting your medical condition a side for a second, if on TRT, I'd just do the the cycle with higher dose of test and after the blast jump to my normal TRT dose and let the esters taper down to my normal levels.

Again, not encouraging you to do any kind of playing around with hormonal products, since I know jack sh1t about your medical condition.

Be smart and be safe, brother.

If you choose to not run any kind of a cycle, but want some refreshing ideas on training, feel free to send me a PM. I can't proclaim to be an expert on that avenue either, but we all have our own views and I've been doing sports my whole life and lifting for 14 years and I've had some good succes 'coaching' few of my friends. That's all, lol.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I want to throw this out there and urg the op to look Hardin to some research on how these things can affect his condition.

Not anabolic related but If I'm not mistaken cystic fibrosis is what my buddies brother died from and I remember the last three or four years of his life he had to tow it around an oxygen tank and could barely leave the house because he was so susceptible to getting sick.

Not a fun way to go out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That guy embezzled over a million dollars from the company he worked for and he was so sick at the end that the judge didn't give him jail time because they said his health would be a burden on the system

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I want to throw this out there and urg the op to look Hardin to some research on how these things can affect his condition.

Not anabolic related but If I'm not mistaken cystic fibrosis is what my buddies brother died from and I remember the last three or four years of his life he had to tow it around an oxygen tank and could barely leave the house because he was so susceptible to getting sick.

Not a fun way to go out
see post #2

BoogieG

Awards

Not a fun way to go out
I appreciate all the replies & information! Before I even got on my TRT I was researching it for a long time & had a few CF friends routinely cycling various compounds with a lot of success. Sure doctors are not really into the bodybuilding lifestyle, but they can’t deny that something is working when hospital time is nonexistent, weight either stays or goes up (most CF patients really struggle gaining any weight & need feeding tubes), & lung function improves from all the exercise.

Since I started my gene therapy medicine I’ve been extremely healthy & haven’t been hospitalized in this entire calendar year (huge achievement for me since before the gene meds I was in there every few months).

I increased the test to 300mg yesterday (doing 150mg twice a week) & I’m gonna do that for an 8wk period. I was thinking about maybe doing a short anavar cycle along with it but I’m gonna hold off & just see how well I do on the 300mg & be super consistent with the dieting. Right now I’m doing DC style training & have been progressing the log book every week & am having fun.

I’ll hold off on the 1 Andro for maybe my 2nd go around with a cycle if I feel like doing a mini blast again. I’m probably a big puss compared to you guys doing more effective cycles & for longer durations but hey we all start somewhere *shrug* lol

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
First off I have much respect for you, hitting the gym, battling like a warrior and beating what the doctors said was possible. But I can't stress enough how terrible your plan is. Your medical condition aside, it's not even a good plan. Look at it this way. If you continue to workout for the next year. At the end of the year how much difference do you think it would have made if you upped your test dosage for 8 weeks and/or ran 4 weeks of an oral? The best case scenario is very little. You are taking a big risk for very little to no reward. Whatever you do I wish you the best brother.

BoogieG

Awards
First off I have much respect for you, hitting the gym, battling like a warrior and beating what the doctors said was possible. But I can't stress enough how terrible your plan is. Your medical condition aside, it's not even a good plan. Look at it this way. If you continue to workout for the next year. At the end of the year how much difference do you think it would have made if you upped your test dosage for 8 weeks and/or ran 4 weeks of an oral? The best case scenario is very little. You are taking a big risk for very little to no reward. Whatever you do I wish you the best brother.
I appreciate the kind words & respect. I’ve always carried a chip on my shoulder & it’s served me well so far, without it I probably would have given up long ago.

I have to ask though, what would be a better plan in your opinion? Is it the duration that isn’t long enough for a return of gains, or just the uncertainty because of my medical status? If you could curate a plan for someone on TRT looking to maximize things for a cycle while keeping things as safe as possible, what would you do? I’m open to suggestions & information.

In terms of my expectation for my boost in TRT is just to recomp my body a bit & maybe gain some strength. I know most hop on gear for a large return in gains, but I’m not particularly interested in a large gain in weight. That’s why I thought the rather reserved increase would be a decent choice for me & my goals..but like I said, I’m here to learn & am open to any info I can gather

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appreciate the kind words & respect. I’ve always carried a chip on my shoulder & it’s served me well so far, without it I probably would have given up long ago.

I have to ask though, what would be a better plan in your opinion? Is it the duration that isn’t long enough for a return of gains, or just the uncertainty because of my medical status? If you could curate a plan for someone on TRT looking to maximize things for a cycle while keeping things as safe as possible, what would you do? I’m open to suggestions & information.

In terms of my expectation for my boost in TRT is just to recomp my body a bit & maybe gain some strength. I know most hop on gear for a large return in gains, but I’m not particularly interested in a large gain in weight. That’s why I thought the rather reserved increase would be a decent choice for me & my goals..but like I said, I’m here to learn & am open to any info I can gather
It's a combination of all the factors you mention. Gear isn't really something you can jump on reap some quick benefits and then move on. Even with a clean bill of health it's serious business. I've never ran a cycle without getting bloodwork done midway through. There are unavoidable side effects and I'm not talking about the side effects that some get and some don't. It effects you no matter what, and in ways only bloodwork can show. Are you aware that it will increase your hematocrit, hemoglobin and red blood cells? That's on top of hormonal changes, you have to make sure estrogen is under control, BP, lipids, etc. Even a on a short cycle. Most of us need to donate blood a couple times on cycle just to keep hematocrit and hemoglobin under control. A host of other drugs and supplements are often used as well to combat sides.

On your TRT dose you could probably progress and recomp just as well with proper diet and nutrition. It takes time. It's a long game, a marathon not sprint regardless of using gear or not. There is no overnight path to quick results. That's a myth some of the fitness industry wants us to believe.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I agree with this. I have run 1 Andro pills and transdermals while on TRT. There was some strength gains and slight recomp, but I will not be using it again, ever. The cost and negative impact on sexual function for me far outweighed any gains made using it. We are all different though, so I don’t condemn the products, just not for me anymore.

Good for you though Boogie, that’s awesome that you’ve been able to improve your health and stay out of the hospital. Keep up the good fight!

BoogieG

Awards
It's a combination of all the factors you mention. Gear isn't really something you can jump on reap some quick benefits and then move on. Even with a clean bill of health it's serious business. I've never ran a cycle without getting bloodwork done midway through. There are unavoidable side effects and I'm not talking about the side effects that some get and some don't. It effects you no matter what, and in ways only bloodwork can show. Are you aware that it will increase your hematocrit, hemoglobin and red blood cells? That's on top of hormonal changes, you have to make sure estrogen is under control, BP, lipids, etc. Even a on a short cycle. Most of us need to donate blood a couple times on cycle just to keep hematocrit and hemoglobin under control. A host of other drugs and supplements are often used as well to combat sides.

On your TRT dose you could probably progress and recomp just as well with proper diet and nutrition. It takes time. It's a long game, a marathon not sprint regardless of using gear or not. There is no overnight path to quick results. That's a myth some of the fitness industry wants us to believe.
I have my last lab work I could post here if you’d like to see it & give some recommendations based on that. I’ve always been aware of my hemoglobin/hematocrit because of my CF, I’ve always been anemic, on my 200mg dose I’ve never had to donate blood in the couple of years I’ve been on.I’ve inquired about donating but they told me I didn’t have to because it wasn’t high enough. I Also have had major issues with vitamin D absorption & despite taking tons of it, the CF makes it very hard to absorb. Certain inflammation markers are elevated because of my issues as well, & no matter what I do I’m not sure those will ever go down. The lipid panel I’m trying to improve, I started taking citrus bergamot to see if I can improve the markers a bit.View attachment 209818View attachment 209819View attachment 209820View attachment 209821

Last edited:

BoogieG

Awards

The nutrition aspect of the equation is one a definitely need to get better at. I typically eat quite clean, but I don’t measure my food & know that my body has changed once I started my gene therapy meds. Prior to that I would struggle to gain weight because I spent so much time coughing; I never did cardio or ab training because I’d always be sore from coughing so frequently & would remain under 10% body fat year around regardless of what I ate. I could eat 4000+ Cals & burn through it just from coughing & also doing the nebulizer treatments (albuterol) which kept my body like a furnace.

Once I started the gene meds I really don’t cough anymore, which is a blessing, but now I actually have to do cardio & watch what I eat a bit closer. I have a lot more fat to lose now since before I got back training in September I wasn’t able to workout because of covid precautions. Once I got the vaccines I was able to get back to “Normal life” if such a thing exists anymore. I’ll post a few photos of how I looked prior to the gene therapy meds so you get an idea

IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking lean and strong in those pics! Dig the veins in the biceps and shoulders. Keep on rocking brother!

BoogieG

Awards
Looking lean and strong in those pics! Dig the veins in the biceps and shoulders. Keep on rocking brother!
I appreciate it. It would take some strict dieting for me to get that lean again. It’s wild that I was able to maintain that just from endless coughing lol. I’ll take the thicker version of me with good lungs over the lean version who coughed 24/7 any day.

In terms of my lab work I posted, would you recommend I get another set done since it’s been a few months? I think if my labs look good after another set it would put my mind at ease a bit when it comes to doing the 300mg cycle

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Always good to have a baseline and then some lab work mid cycle to see how it's effecting you. Test cyp or Test Enanthate will take some weeks for the extra amount to build up.