0 carbs

someonegood

Awards
I know this has been talked about but are there any lean and big bodybuilders or anyone here cycling on 0 carbs?

I gain naturally the same without eating carbs that eating them but when I cycled before I lost 10kg muscle, I was eating lots of peanut butter so most likely the MCTs contributed but it was a shame to have lost muscle while eating lots and lots and I don't want that to happen again.

Thanks

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fuk, I think I'd have to actually make it a goal in order to lose 10kg of muscle. Like, completely stop training, eat no protein, watch The Notebook on loop, etc.

I honestly cant fathom losing 10kg of actual lean tissue whilst NOT trying to lose muscle, ie whilst training, eating adequate protein, taking steronz,, etc. Fuk, 10kg of muscle is alot of muscle dude.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'll prolly find heaps of Fake Nattys on instagram who claim to eat 0 carbs.

And then theres guys who follow the Carnivore diet.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You lost 10 kg of muscle while on a cycle? Or after it? While working out? How much weight did you loose? You think mct contributed to your muscle wastage?? I personally don't think 0 or even low carbs is a good idea for active people.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You lost 10 kg of muscle while on a cycle? Or after it? While working out? How much weight did you loose? You think mct contributed to your muscle wastage?? I personally don't think 0 or even low carbs is a good idea for active people.
I’m still trying to figure out if OP is talking about carb cycling

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That 10kg loss would be a whole lot of glycogen and water, probably fat too imo. Especially if using a 0 carb diet

someonegood

Awards
Fuk, I think I'd have to actually make it a goal in order to lose 10kg of muscle. Like, completely stop training, eat no protein, watch The Notebook on loop, etc.

I honestly cant fathom losing 10kg of actual lean tissue whilst NOT trying to lose muscle, ie whilst training, eating adequate protein, taking steronz,, etc. Fuk, 10kg of muscle is alot of muscle dude.
I was eating 4000 calories at least, I was 88 kg solid muscle after a test and drol cycle and it went really nicely and then I gained 3kg muscle during the pct doing 0 carbs so I tried it on the next cycle, test and eq cyp and that is when the muscle went.

I was eating on some days 500g peanut butter and protein shakes and other food so the diet was not calorie lacking.

MCTs do speed up metabolism so maybe that.

It really was a demotivating thing to happen.

I want to do a test 500 and npp 200 cycle and I just want to make sure I don't waste it.

What do you and the others think?

Carb cycling to make sure I have carbs or lean diet with higher carbs.

I am an ecto hard gainer type, even now at 95kg I still look skinny.

someonegood

Awards
Yes on cycle, working out.

From 91kg to 82kg, 9 kg but it was maybe 10.

Training naturally I feel fine on 0 carbs and I don't feel weak or ill etc.

On carbs I struggle to eat enough as I eat slowly and so I have to eat fewer carbs and get not many calories.

someonegood

Awards
0 carbs is absolutely stupid.
Imo it is good for recovery, the high fat content keeps more than enough fats for good test production and less insulin means stable blood sugar.

I understand your opinion though.

I try to have lots of veggies to be healthy so blended olive oil, veggies and protein is pretty decen.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you say "Zero Carbs", you actually mean "low carbs", right?

Your Peanut butter and vegetables had some carbs, correct?
exactly...and even on carnivore the body will convert excess protein to glucose

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_4840.JPG

There’s 100g of carbs in the amount of peanut butter alone that you were eating. Plus the trace from your veggies. These are significant based on food selection or in high enough quantities even for lower net carb veggies.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fiber is typically counted as half towards net carbs. So some people exclude it entirely, but many would say that 30g fiber from the pb is about 15g for usability purposes.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
View attachment 204872

There’s 100g of carbs in the amount of peanut butter alone that you were eating. Plus the trace from your veggies. These are significant based on food selection or in high enough quantities even for lower net carb veggies.
Hyde im totally with you on the carb thing but all natural peanut butter (the kind that you stir) has nowhere near 100 grams of sugar...
edit: oops lol :geek:

Last edited:
Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hyde im totally with you on the carb thing but all natural peanut butter (the kind that you stir) has nowhere near 100 grams of sugar...
it actually says 45 grams of sugar. And that’s per 500grams of peanut butter. Probably pretty accurate.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean some guys with a ton of muscle can eat relatively crazy amounts of carbs and still remain in ketosis, allegedly, but 85 net carbs from pb alone plus lots of veggies is going to be over 100g daily minimum...most people need to remain under 20-50g net carbs daily to remain in ketosis.

I mean if the diet is dialed, you feel good, good bloodwork and it’s working for goals then by all means carry on. But the math wasn’t working out in my head so I just wanted to point that out