Recent content by Dustin07

  1. Dustin07

    Segansational's Motivation Log

    if I go home from a squat session without bruises on my obliques I feel like I didn't even squat and I tell my wife it was arms day. dude I can't even imagine. this is why I always put my belt on a couple sets before I need it so that I have confidence I can get out of it without passing out.
  2. Dustin07

    Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

    hell I can do that you guys live in such a cool region when it comes to travel. actually you and @MrKleen73 honestly have a sweet setup being able to go either direction fairly easy. I was listening today to JR talk about how Ron White moved to TX and said the travel was a big part of it...
  3. Dustin07

    GP’s Old Man With A Plan Log

    probably true. when I got started lifting all I knew was bodybuilding. I mean I came from wrestling/football, etc but as an adult, you were on animal supplements training bb style. when I was deep into xfit social wasn't anywhere near the impact it is today, but it brought me into oly lifting...
  4. Dustin07

    KLEEN LIVING - A log about Life, Training, and Nutrition.

    JFC dude thats so impressive. people post that kinda stuff and I'm like do you even realize how big a deal that is?? 40lbs in 6 months. thats 6.6lbs per month and 6 months of legit hard work and consistency. anyone can do it for a week or 2, but 5-6 months of legit work and lifestyle change is...
  5. Dustin07

    Journey of a newbie lifter

    almost everyone notices around week 3-5 that their workouts get a little more aggressive/intense. its a good product to give at least 2 months at a time on since we always notice it towards the end of the first bottle.
  6. Dustin07

    Kat and Puccah's Strong is the new sexy log

    50 pullups in one session probably makes you the single session pull-up winner of the week around here lol we keep going in and out of pull-up kicks around AM like a shiny object but it never seems to stick haha.
  7. Dustin07

    GP’s Old Man With A Plan Log

    thats a good one! I have really liked it in the past- as much as xfits' change in the past decade has disappointed me, there are still some legit hardcore athletes in it and they definitely get what it means to see a woman hoist that much weight! love it or hate it, xfit definitely did wonders...
  8. Dustin07

    Building Back Up

    Ironically I just got back on about 2 weeks ago myself, realized I had an old tub from Steve and basically I lost 2lbs lol.
  9. Dustin07

    Building Back Up

    204.2 this morning.
  10. Dustin07

    Slicin' and Dicin'

    OHP 5 x 75, 95 3 x 115 3 x 135, 155 5 x 170 BBB 5 x 10 x 120 DB laterals 12 x 27.5, 30 SS with DB forwards 12 x 27.5, 30 Notes Weight belt back down to hole #2 despite being 205lbs this morning so that's a weird slimming. My obliques have been a little sore lately (not today) so maybe...
  11. Dustin07

    Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

    Still wrapping my head around this, its just crazy awesome. and what a rad location with that view. What phenomenal results for all her hard work!! you must have been going a bit nutty 10 days out from your last squat session lol.
  12. Dustin07

    Segansational's Motivation Log

    This is a way better approach, it seems like the amount of time (20 seconds) to strip down the bar and go through round 2 for everyone would be negligible to traditional rising bar. Last couple events I did were rising bar but again... over a decade ago at this point.
  13. Dustin07

    Slicin' and Dicin'

    man my playlist is all over the map right. I just pulled it up for example: Warren Zeiders - outlaw Shinedown (new album) Black Label Society Sevendust Sean Stemaly (less outlaw, but outlaw country) Rise Against Alice in Chains, STP White Zombie and yes I admit, it even shows some Kelly...
  14. Dustin07

    Slicin' and Dicin'

    FWIW, I'd expect to take some lifetime PRs on bench and possibly OHP if I properly warmed up to chase a new 1RM. its also possible with squats, but I'm not confident that my deadlift is in that 490-500lb realm yet which would be the next technical lifetime PR on pulls for me. 485 being my best...
  15. Dustin07

    Slicin' and Dicin'

    I go back and forth on some ideas. Next week is week 3 of the 4 week 531 cycle. Week 4/deload of this cycle (6th cycle) would be week one of age 44 for me. So I've been thinking about taking week 3 as RX'd with singles, maybe doubles, but no insane AMRAPs then possibly attempting some new...
Back
Top