Road to OCT 10 SSA meet

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I am going to keep a log here. I give training advice so i would at least like to let people see who is giving them advice. It looks like i am going to be training for the Oct 10th SSA meet in NY. I will be lifting single ply since i don't want to worry about too much gear right now, not sure what kind of trainig partners I am going to have on squat day. SSA single ply rules are different then the USAPL/USPF in you can lift out of the mono in the squat, and you can tuck your feet and arch in the bench. I have no clue what i am shooting for, i will let that take care of itself. I will talk about my training plan a little more as i go.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
raw bench 355 2x5

single ply fury 405, 455, 495, 545 all withing around two inches of touching. All lightning fast. I was a little surprised.

Standing strict shoulder press 135 3x8

mini band pushdowns 25, 20, 15 limited time in between sets.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
single ply briefs parallel box squats with green bands
325 6x2

deadlift off 100lb plates 495x5

hip adductor, hip adbuctor 3x15

My squat/deadlift days look like this, this would be the first week of a 3 week cycle i will do a moderate weight 6x2, next week i will go a littel heavier to a box increasing weights on sets, and the third week will be free squats in a single ply suit, mostly straps down now. The first two weeks of the cycle i will pull, the third week i will not. This is just about the right frequency for deadlifting for me.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
upper body accessory

incline dumbells 130sx10, 140sx10

pulls wide palms facing each other 8, 7, 6

side delts 2x12

rear delts 6x12-15 various dumbell version

fat bar pushdowns 20, 15, 12

hammer curls 3x12

30 minutes cardio

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Dimmel Deads 225x10, 275 2x12

wide grip cable rows palms down 3x12

Back attack 12, 8

narrow grip lat pulldowns 3x10 (very uninspired by this point)

Reverse Hypers 280x10, 350 2x10

40 Minutes Cardio

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man! I saw you give some advise on another thread about deads for traps. On the high pin (about mid-thigh) what kind of reps are you shooting for for optimum trap growth? By the way, still on my way to 400lbs using your bench routine;);)

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man! I saw you give some advise on another thread about deads for traps. On the high pin (about mid-thigh) what kind of reps are you shooting for for optimum trap growth? By the way, still on my way to 400lbs using your bench routine;);)

I haven't done them in a while, i have problems where my traps will get too big. My training partner and i used to do them. We would both be rediculously sore the next day. I used to go up to about 700x15. It is a little much to be doing as i try and move deadlift higher.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done them in a while, i have problems where my traps will get too big. My training partner and i used to do them. We would both be rediculously sore the next day. I used to go up to about 700x15. It is a little much to be doing as i try and move deadlift higher.
So 3x15? Traps too big, not in my vocabulary Haha. I want to look like Goldberg :dl: I just started isolating traps a few months ago by doing barbell shrugs on the smith machine (the only thing I use it for). I'm thinking about doing both now for even better results.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
flat bench 365 2x5

tried to do some 3 brds but elbows were bothering me so i went to the 5 brd, did some band pushdowsn before though

light band pushdowns 3x25

5brd 405x5, 455x5

strict standing overhead presses 145 3x8

20minutes cardio

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
box squats green bands single ply briefs

325, 345, 375, 395, 415x2 these were all still submax, but weight is increasing nice

leg presses 3x12 first time i have done these in 6 years.

hip adductor abductor 3x15

Was supposed to deadlift yesterday but my back is still stiff and a i have a little sharp pain on one side. I get this from time to time and have learned it is best to let it go away instead of pulling. Started doing the horizontal leg press to help my starting strength on my pull. I also have no quads so it is not good to keep certain areas untrained.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
incline dumbells 50, 80, 100x20

incline flys 3x12 paused

chins 10, 9 then a set of wide grip palms facing each other pulls x5

rear delts 6x12

side delts 2x12

barbell curls 3x10

fat bar pushdowns 3x20

40 minutes cardio.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
incline dumbells 50, 80, 100x20

incline flys 3x12 paused

chins 10, 9 then a set of wide grip palms facing each other pulls x5

rear delts 6x12

side delts 2x12

barbell curls 3x10

fat bar pushdowns 3x20

40 minutes cardio.

Keep up the good work! What kind of weight were you using on incline flys?

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
jcp from MMI? If so, what up man!

Yes sir, how are you. This is a very active board with a lot of young guys. Since i have been drug free for years i thought it would be good to start learning more about supps.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Yes sir, how are you. This is a very active board with a lot of young guys. Since i have been drug free for years i thought it would be good to start learning more about supps.
It is a good board. Overall quality has lessened with the growth imo, but there are plenty of knowledgeable guys still on here. Good to see ya over here man.

I decided to bring my log over here as well.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
raw bench 375 2x5

single ply fury 495x2 not close, 545x1 about 2 inches. Back cramped up so bad i had to shut down. Not used to being in an arch with that much weight anymore.

light band pushdowns. 3x25

I didn't do my accessory work last workout as my lower back has been tight. Hopefully i will feel good wednesday as my squat suit just showed up.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
raw bench 375 2x5

single ply fury 495x2 not close, 545x1 about 2 inches. Back cramped up so bad i had to shut down. Not used to being in an arch with that much weight anymore.

light band pushdowns. 3x25

I didn't do my accessory work last workout as my lower back has been tight. Hopefully i will feel good wednesday as my squat suit just showed up.
You better get some taurine for that!! It's like a wise man once told me,"they can't all be great".

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
You better get some taurine for that!! It's like a wise man once told me,"they can't all be great".

haha, Yeah, i just asked about that on the supplements board. Maybe it is the halodrol i am taking. But the cramps had me on floor at one point.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
haha, Yeah, i just asked about that on the supplements board. Maybe it is the halodrol i am taking. But the cramps had me on floor at one point.
That doesn't sound like alot of fun. I feel ya though I'm definitely no stranger to back pain, that was a big part of my problem yesterday. Mowing kills my back, well its actually the trimming part that takes its toll. I guess if it weren't for the bad days, the good ones wouldn't be as good.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
tried to get my single ply squat suit on without suit slippers. This took an hour and just stopped about 2 inches from setting. I was gassed at this point and shut the squat workout down. Need to order the slippers and hopefully next time will be a little easier.

waited a few mintues to deadlift

off the 100 lb plates 515x5

done for the day.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
incline dumbells 100, 125x8 150x6 this was hard to balance, they get real long at this point and i was alone.

chins 3x8 this was bothering my elbows

side delts 2x12

rear delts 6x12

hammers 3x12

fat bar pushdowns 3x20

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
raw bench 385, 405x5

3brd 365x8 supposed to be 4

4 brd 405x8 i was pretty shot after the raw benching and called it here.

strict standing shoulders 135x15 135x10 this was alot harder than heavier sets. My shoulders are fried today.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
wide pullups palms facing each other 2x8

chins 2x8

wide grip palms down cable rows 3x12

rear delts 6x12

side laterals 2x12

tri pushdowns 3x12

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
did a little kettlebell stuff, i am way out of shape, lol.

did some swngs, high pulls, and snatches all in a row was sweating and breathing very heavy, back tightened up.

did a few sets of swings and some more snatches.

all of it was done with a 50 lb bell

hip addcutor, and abductor 3x15 each

leg raises 3x12

didn't kill myself as i am heading to the dropkick murphys concert in an hour.