Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 6 of 71 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    that is some ****.

at least they go spooked by something and we only lost my wifes jewlery...and a door and lock.

I don't know if its the huge trophy right above the jewlery box that said "World Bench Press Champion" on it that did the trick but more than likely it was the neghbors dog making noise or they noticed the alarm on the wall and thought it was going off (we forgot to turn it on that day )
    Did they get caught? no?

2. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Did they get caught? no?
    nope. but they go spooked. there was tons of stuff they didn't touch. for example i had a pile of high end paintball guns on the floor in same room worth a couple G's and a $1000 cash sitting on the desk they didn't see...let alone all the normal stuff lying around.

they just grabbed a box of plastic jewlery (only a couple items worth anything at all) and ran.

The door is the worst part of it...and the stressed wife.
    •   

3. Ahhh a stressful week. Some stuff I’ve talked about others I have not. Health, Work, Robbery, and House Remodel Planning. Had to let a long-term employee go today, who had lots of personal ties to work.

Missed my preworkout meal for the first time in 6 months dealing with issues at work. Had a big lunch however.

BW upon waking 245.0

Speed Squat (140lbs in bands- 2sets #3bands)
    Warmup then
    420x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 YouTube - speed squat 6/22

Still some bad technique but I thought much better than last week. Better upper body position but still some rounding of low back when on the box.

Pulldowns to front
    #1 bands +50 x12x12

Pulldowns behind neck
    #1 bands +50 x10x10x10x10

Shrugs/Grip work with 1.5” fat trap bar
    295x12
    385x20
    495x16 wraps no straps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Face Pulls & side laterals superset
    FP #1’s+50 x12x12x12
    SL #1’s x12x12x12

Standing band resisted crunches
    #3 band x12x12x12

4. That sucks about your house man. Luckily they didn't get any of your good stuff.

5. Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    That sucks about your house man. Luckily they didn't get any of your good stuff.
    If you ever find those guys....crush their skulls for me, k?

6. Busy weekend with starting my house remodel, and not enough eating so I was light Monday morning. Deloading this week and just doing some repetition work. I’ll post up the next 6 week training cycle by the end of the week.

BW upon waking 243.4. I gain approx 4lbs daily upon rehydration.

Bench
    50x15
    100x15
    230x30 YouTube - light bench

Incline Dumbbell Bench
    85x12x10x10

Skull Crushers
    80x16
    100x16x16

Hammer Curls
    30x12
    45x12x12x12x12

Followed by some furniture moving...Love training people so that i have them available for the "after workout cooldown excercises" of quick help on projects
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

7. It looks like the 2lbs I lost over this weekend are not coming back on.

BW upon waking 243.6

Its SUPPOSED to be deloading week. But somehow we got in a rep war today. For me my Stamina at the moment seems to be horrid so that kept me somewhat in control from overexerting myself.

Squats
    50x20
    140x10
    230x5
    320x5
    410x16 knee wraps & belt YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    stamina…and bar sliding off back. Depth looks shallow from front vid but it is parallel.

Zercher Squats
    230x6
    230x16 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    arms started failing on that one.

Reverse Hyper
    #2 bands x10
    #2 bands+75 x10x10x10

Standing Band Resisted Crunches
    #3 band doubled x20x20

I was going to do one more set of crunches…but while picking up a weight my lower left ab spasmd on my bringing me to the floor in a little ball. LOL. Luckily all training partners had left at this point so no one saw the embarrassing moment. Remember this is only my second week of hitting my abs..and the high reps squats didn’t help.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

8. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post

I was going to do one more set of crunches…but while picking up a weight my lower left ab spasmd on my bringing me to the floor in a little ball. LOL. Luckily all training partners had left at this point so no one saw the embarrassing moment. Remember this is only my second week of hitting my abs..and the high reps squats didn’t help.
    Where's the youtube video for this one?

9. Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    Where's the youtube video for this one?
    negged ...just kidding.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. Yea, i get those cramps a lot. i just lie on my back for a minute and it will subside. then it comes back right after my next set.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Yea, i get those cramps a lot. i just lie on my back for a minute and it will subside. then it comes back right after my next set.
    first for me.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

12. One more day of light work!! Can’t wait to lift heavy again!

BW upon waking 242.8 :-(

Speed Bench (4 diff grips all super close grip)
    50x12
    140x12
    245x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/20-30 seconds between sets

Dumbbell Military Press
    50x12
    65x12
    85x12
    105x11 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Need to incline seat as I kept sliding…and although embarrasing weight i was happy as I have not done these for approx 2 years.

Lying Dumbbell extensions
    30x12
    45x12x12x12

Hammer Curls (non alternating)
    45x12x12
    50x12x12

that’s all.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

13. you're nuts man.

light day my ass.

14. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    you're nuts man.

light day my ass.
    aw come on man. as soon as it got hard i didn't even push it and dropped the wieghts. an 10+ rep DB work is not very taxing on CNS.

i've been somewhat good this week. heaviest ive gone on upper body as 245 and 410 for squats.

i'll be primed and ready for next week!

buts yes.......I'm Nuts.....there is no denying that.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

15. If you say so. I understand what you are saying, but thats still more than I can lift.

16. This will be my training cycle for next 6 weeks starting on monday. It’s a 3 week cycle that repeats itself twice. All the empty spaces are for entering data when lifting.

880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

17. Today almost brought the suck and I didn’t even know what I was going to do until the weights were on the bar. Last minute my training partners dropped which automatically cut out some lifts I had planned…. then as I’m walking out the door at work I got caught and ended up spending an hour doing some life coaching with a struggling team member (just a little draining).

Well, may not have been the best choice as I’m going to spend the weekend bent over ripping out the floors in the upstairs of my house…but I needed to get a quick workout in and loosen up my inner thighs, which were a little sore from Tuesday.

BW upon waking 244.8

Sumo Deadlift - belt and straps for last set only.
    50x12
    140x3x3x3
    230x3x3
    320x3
    410x3
    500x17 YouTube - Deadlift 500x17
    Feet kept sliding and I dropped it on my toes like 3 times. AHHH! Talk about distracting.

Did a couple conventional pulls @500 afterwards and tried to do a double overhand with no straps but I was shot by this point.

Bent over Dumbbell Laterals (strict)
    30x12
    45x12
    50x12x12x12

Short and sweet…and the end of Repetition Week!
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

18. BW upon waking 243.8

Close Grip Bench
    50x12x12
    140x6
    210x3
    280x3
    350x3
    410x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47844AiQ6UM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    440x3 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7R0Ql4afE"]YouTube - CG Bench 440x3[/ame]

Board Presses (shirted)
    3bd 500x3
    2bd 570x3 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axX_7uk8o6c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    board presses felt real good tonight and I’m sure I had a lot more…but patience it will happen in due time.

Rack Lockouts – Holding bar at lockout for 3 count on each rep
    500x5
    550x5
    600x3

Supra Pressdowns
    100x12
    125x8x10x12x10x10

I’m cutting out a lot of the band tension on assistance exercises that is normally seen over the next 6 weeks.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

19. Yeah Baby! I’ll buy a round of PR’s for the House!

BW upon waking 244.0

Raw Box Squats (17” box)
    50x12x12
    140x6
    230x3
    320x3
    410x3 belt on
    500x3
    570x3
    620x3
    650x1 first was easy but I just didn’t keep it tight for the second.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTji22fzz7k"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Suited Squats…just getting used to suit for depth
    640x1
    700x1 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDym7e_YUf0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    wasn’t entirely happy with form but its better. And that is the most I can safely load on the bar till my new Texas Squat bar arrives.

Back Raises
    #4 band x20x20 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5a981mHCQM"]YouTube - Back Raises #4 band[/ame]
    last rep or two was pretty weak

Reverse Hyper (set of #2 bands on all sets)
    25x12
    75x12x12x12

Standing band Crunches
    #3 band x20x20x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

20. updated highlights page. first post in this log
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

21. BW upon waking 245.0

Speed Bench (155lbs in bands)
    Warmup then
    265x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/20 seconds rest between sets
    last set [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl06joc3lU"]YouTube - Speed Bench 7/5[/ame]

Dumbbell Military presses
    65x8
    85x8
    115x9 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLUOqAFKPw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    need to double up on the spring clamps next time!

Skull Crushers
    80x16
    130x12x12x12

Front Raises
    #1 band x12x12x12x12x12

Hammer Curls – non alternating
    45x12x12x12x12x12

Last two exercises were supersets
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

22. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    BW upon waking 245.0

Speed Bench (155lbs in bands)
    Warmup then
    265x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/20 seconds rest between sets
    last set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl06joc3lU

Dumbbell Military presses
    65x8
    85x8
    115x9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLUOqAFKPw
    need to double up on the spring clamps next time!

Skull Crushers
    80x16
    130x12x12x12

Front Raises
    #1 band x12x12x12x12x12

Hammer Curls – non alternating
    45x12x12x12x12x12

Last two exercises were supersets
    Love the ending on those military's ....

As always bro --- your lifts are just sick...keep it up!

23. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Love the ending on those military's ....

As always bro --- your lifts are just sick...keep it up!
    that was my first time using those DB as i just bought them so had something to learn.

I was happy with the set as its my second week of doing these now...in like 1-2 years since i incorperated them last.

Also had some new wrist wraps today...right as i was loading the DB's for that set the wife came down stairs with a FedEx delivery which had my ATP ZRV-Pro Wrist and Knee wraps...i couldn't help myself from testing them out.

They are the BOMB!!!
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

24. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    that was my first time using those DB as i just bought them so had something to learn.

I was happy with the set as its my second week of doing these now...in like 1-2 years since i incorperated them last.

Also had some new wrist wraps today...right as i was loading the DB's for that set the wife came down stairs with a FedEx delivery which had my ATP ZRV-Pro Wrist and Knee wraps...i couldn't help myself from testing them out.

They are the BOMB!!!
    glad you enjoyed them and got some new goodies. jesus i cannot wait to shoulder press 100lbs or more

25. You are absolutely amazing. You should be proud of your incredible internal fortitude. I'm blown away by your strength.

26. Sorry to hear about the break in but seriously talk to people about a replacement door with Lever 3 point hook bolting my father has one of these on his house in England. This door is vicious. You basically lift the door handle ( lever ) to lock and two hooks top and bottom hook into the frame as well as your regular deadbolt in the middle. It's freaking awesome.

Keep up the good lifts bro!@

27. thanks. sounds like a killer door. we already have a new one on order.

i think just putting a sign by the back door stating the house has an alarm...and then actually setting the alarm should do the trick.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

28. Nice pics in the other thread btw, don't put yourself down either, alot of people would be happy for a physique like that!

29. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Nice pics in the other thread btw, don't put yourself down either, alot of people would be happy for a physique like that!
    yeah...but being a cocky bastard isn't a good trait either

Thanks for the comments.

i'm happy with were i'm at (in a sense) as i'm at my desired bodyweight. I plan on recomping from here as I put on more lean mass. I would like to be 250lbs @ 10%...that would be hella competive amount of muscle to deal with in 242class.

weigh ins are typically the night prior so dropping 8lbs of water and rehydrating back to 252 for competition. :bruce3:
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

30. congrats on the pr's U da man

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4