Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 18 of 71 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Ouch, hope everything is okay in time for the big competition. It's amazing how a slight lack of focus or minor mental error can really **** up a heavy attempt.
    agreed.

icing it again right now. still can't lock it out without pain. i'll give it a few days before i get worried.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. That's s**t.

Man i'm very sorry because of your injury,how is posibble that you didnt concetrate your self better with that weight...

Next time be more carefull,i hope you will recover soon.
    •   

3. i can lock out knee now without pain. progressing well.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

4. Light day and last training session prior to meet done Sunday Morning.

TKE’s right knee only
    #1x20x20

DE Box squats
    Warmup then
    385x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

DE Bench (varying grips – Close to super close)
    Warmup then
    225x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3

Next two Superseted

Wilson good Mornings
    #5x20x20x20

Face Pulls
    75x12x12x12

Body Weight went up to 260lbs on Friday eek: I didn’t even binge eat on Thanksgiving. Dropped back to 255 on Saturday, and hardly ate on Sunday. BW this morning was 248.6 which will put me about 252 during the day. I would like to be down another 2-3lbs by Thursday before I drop to 242 for weigh ins on Friday.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

5. Lost 12 lbs from Fri to Mon morning.....thats crazy man! Thought I was the only one who could do it.

6. Well its looking like this weekend will not be happening. I’m subbing out the sheetrock work on the new floor I added to my house and will be able to have them get started this week. Been busting ass since Sunday to finish up some of the framing and misc items that have to be done before they start. The impact is that I was not planning on doing this till later in December so I’m having to stretch the finances to come up with a few thousand dollars right now. Not sure that I can afford to be out of town right now let alone another $500 in fuel, hotel room, food (for me and handler), entry fee, ect. I will talk it over with wife tonight but I just don’t see it happening.

There will be competitions nearly every month between March-August next year so I will have plenty of opportunity to get that big total on the board.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

7. That blows man, but I guess you have to have your priorities. I guess it will give time to get that 1k squat for next one.

8. got all my work done on the house i needed to. Drywall is starting to go in tonight and they seem to have a good handle on things. so not much else for me to do for next couple days,.....

may as well go test my abilities.

Bags are packed. Still 250+ so 8-10lbs to drop 2morrow before 6pm. Got my recomp goodies all packed up (hope i'm heading right direction as i have not done this before...sweet and salty). 1lb salty torltilla chips, 1lb chips ahoy, 1lb cheez its, 2lbs sweetened yogurt, 64oz gatorade, and a bunch of banana's. Not sure what all i'll get down. try to sqeeze a dinner and breakfast in as well
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

9. Meet report.

Overall bombed but I would call the meet a success for me as it was an experimental meet and I wanted to see how some things played out. Wanted to learn a few things more and get some more meet time under my belt before this next year. I only last minute decided to continue with meet after finishing up work on house I needed done and getting sheet rockers lined out, so I ended up not being prepared for meet.

I’ll save the lessons learned till the end.

Weighed in the low 251-252 upon bedtime at 10pm the night before weigh ins and made weight the next day at 5:30pm at 241lbs. and probably dropped another 1lb within a half hour after that. Back at 250lbs by 10pm for bedtime that night without dumping any further wieght.

Squat…couldn’t hit depth.
    825- just not enough weight
    870 – missed twice. Should have been able to hit depth but I kept freaking out every time I got close to that position I dumped the weight in my last workout. Simple lack of confidence as the weight felt like absolutely nothing on my back. Felt crazy easy. ****in head!!!

Bench
    570 super easy
    610 miss due to raising but
    630 slow lock but got it. Meet PR!

Deadlift – First competition Sumo and only second time doing a max sumo pull.
    630 supa easy
    690 successful but nearly dropped it as I did the same thing at last comp and forgot to really grab the bar! I was holding it with 2 fingers in my right hand and they did not give me quick down call. judge was flickin me crap afterwards telling me that was the strongest 2 fingers he has seen!!! PR
    720 right to very end but couldn’t pull hips through. Did remember to grab the bar however.

If I had sunk one of my squats I would have had a 2190 or greater total.

Lessons learned.

Weight Loss – dropping and recomping 10-12lbs in a short period of time is easy but uncomfortable. I took some diesel fuel caps (caffeine +) the day I cut to suppress appetite, diuretic aid, and energy. I did not take into account I was taking these on a completely empty system and should have gone with a minimal dose, if any at all. I was dry heaving by weigh in time (excessive caffeine and nervousness does this to me) and struggled all evening with getting food down afterwards. I easily regained all my weight but wasn’t able to super compensate.

Preparedness – I need a checklist. And FOOD is of the utmost importance. Like I said this was last minute and I planned for the recomp but not for meet day. And basically did not eat the day of the meet!!! Felt solid on squat but by the afternoon when it came to benching and deadlifting I was really depleted and I could feel it affecting my strength levels. THIS WAS A MAJOR FAILURE. My stomach is a mess in the morning and I was only able to get down a few pieces of fruit and part of my pancakes. I did bring along some fixins for PBJ’s but didn’t have time to make one till 3pm prior to the Deadlift. So I basically went 2 days with only a couple hours of eating in there. I also forgot baby powder, singlet, battery for drill, batteries for camera, toothpaste, ect…you get the idea.

Training Program – felt stronger and that my strength peaked about 3-4 weeks ago. Need to evaluate my training program leading up to the meet.

And I missed not having my wife there
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. Great work man. Lots of lessons learned I see. That is still some sick weight your throwing around.

How did you place?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Great work man. Lots of lessons learned I see. That is still some sick weight your throwing around.

How did you place?
    thanks BJ. i wasn't focused on a big total for this one. i got what i needed from it.

the big total comes next year.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

12. Band TKE's
    #3 x20x20x20x20 for each knee

Standing Band ab crunches
    #3 x20x20x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

13. rough outline of next 6 weeks.

more focus on bench and deadlift

880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

14. I love your lessons learned section. That you missed your wife is priceless Sounds like you have all the pieces lined up to take the next meet!

15. I'm beginning to really like Buki... he seems like a really nice guy, but don't tell him how I feel because I want to keep up my tough guy appearance around him. I like to make him feel I keep him in check.

sshhhhhh

16. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I love your lessons learned section. That you missed your wife is priceless Sounds like you have all the pieces lined up to take the next meet!
    i have to say that or the beatings will worsen.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

17. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I'm beginning to really like Buki... he seems like a really nice guy, but don't tell him how I feel because I want to keep up my tough guy appearance around him. I like to make him feel I keep him in check.

sshhhhhh
    LOL. no worries i feel the man love. Still waiting on you to drop by for dinner and

And that avvy really holds up the tough guy appearnce as well....course you must of missed the video's of me deadlifting to portishead
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

18. repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    Band TKE's
    #3 x20x20x20x20 for each knee

Standing Band ab crunches
    #3 x20x20x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

19. another light day...one more to go tommorrow then back to training.

BW upon waking 246.6

Face Pulls (did these in between bench warmups since rear left delt was TIGHT!!)
    #1x20x20x20

Speed Bench (160lbs in bands)
    warmup then
    280x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3
    could not believe how fast these were moving today. It was insane.

Incline DB presses - done at highest incline setting
    50x12
    85x12
    115x12x12

Rope Pressdowns pulling wide
    75x8x8x8x8
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

20. was supposed to train on Friday but just wasn't feeling up to it so i took that as a signal to make sure i had a full weeks rest off after the meet and took the night off.

Sled flat kicked my ass tonight (been a month for sled and very little training in 3 weeks)
    First minute was through wet ground around my house.
    135x12minutes
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

21. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Sled flat kicked my ass tonight (been a month for sled and very little training in 3 weeks)
    First minute was through wet ground around my house.
    135x12minutes

WTF???

You were actually running 12.minutes with 135pounds?

MAN YOU ARE A BEAST!!!

That would be problem for a real runner.Is this one minute running,than rest and again or all together for 12.minutes.

22. walking. pulling a flat steel sled weighing 135lbs behind me.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

23. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    walking. pulling a flat steel sled weighing 135lbs behind me.
    And it feels like you're pulling it through mud after 5 minutes.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    And it feels like you're pulling it through mud after 5 minutes.
    i'm interested to see the results after some time. I have not worked on GPP or cardiovascular in over 5+ years.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

25. bw upon waking 245.4

First day back training heavy. felt good but misjudged my strength levels and picked to heavy working weights as i was looking at my PR board on the wall to pick wieghts and not at peak strenght now.

Close Grip Bench
    45x6x6x6
    135x6
    205x4
    275x4
    345x3
    405x4
    385x5x3

Dumbell Military - 90deg bench
    50x12
    105x8x8

Supra Pressdowns
    125x12x12x12x12x12

Face Pulls
    100x12x12x12

Curls - palms out non alternating
    35x10x10x10x10
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

26. BW upon waking 245.0

Need to get my work capacity up. Was winded during tonights work but felt pretty good afterwards as soon as i had some food in me.

Squats (200lbs in chain)
    55x6x6
    155x6
    245x5
    435x5
    525x5
    615x5
    675x5x4 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrkOiiOSzY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Good Mornings - close stance
    245x8x8

Glute Ham Raise
    x8x8x8x6 - first time hitting 3 sets of 8!

Pull Throughs - really focusing on driving hips through and squeezing glutes
    #6 x12x12x12

Band Ab crunches
    #3 x20x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

27. Big numbers Kabuki, nice work. I hope I can figure out those GHRs one day.

28. I came pretty close to buying a GHR. SB had linked me to a Craigslist listing for one that was for sale by a Laker's trainer. I think it was for 500 or so.. That was around the time I was building my gym Buki.. when I was dropping lots of duckets on the bars and weights.

I kind of regret not buying it. Didn't you build yours?

29. yep i built mine. bought the pad from the company that builds the equipment for elite but built the rest. i didn't want of the standard ones that are sometimes desinged to make it easier.

I'm hoping to put a significant amount on my deadlift during next 12 weeks by using it. that and the SSB i will be building in next few weeks.:good:
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

30. i plan on being a real powerlifter...GHR, Sled work, SSB...fixin up all the **** i been neglecting.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:47 AM