Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 13

Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 13 of 53 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    They are practically giving away all the Get Diesel products with the sales @ Nutraplanet.
    i saw that. those prices are freakin INSANE! Chuck has to be giving them a discount beyond normal wholesale for them to be running a sale like that.

i just stocked up a little while ago.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. Senior Member

No energy to train :-( . Still cutting pretty hard but body is having no response right now, which is quite unusual for me. Quite unusual. Diet was way down last 2 days and it showed in my energy levels tonight.

BW upon waking 247.2
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ZC4qpIqLk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

CG Bench with Chains (140lbs in chain)
    45x15
    145x6
    195x6
    265x3
    345x3
    385x3
    425x5x3
    I only hit it for a triple last week so that was positive.

Bench with Shirt
    550x1
    600x1x1x1xmiss

really struggling with slow lockout due to lack of top end work. Also had skinny guy so I had to do most of lift off and shirt was not fitted 100%. Still no excuse for just plain lack o’ strength.

Band Pressdowns
    #3x16x16x14x14

Facepulls
    100x12x12x12x12
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

as always some insane weight being moved

couple things i wanna ask or point out..

1. your close grip bench on these are my normal bench width lol.

2. does your butt come off the bench? i cant tell and was wondering today while doing inc db benching if its good or bad i always try and keep it planted

3. going to bed lol
    •   

4. Senior Member

close grip is relative. Its closer than your normal grip. For me its hands inside rings versus on outside of rings.

Butt coming off bench is bad. Admittidly mine does a little, but i am limited with foot placement being inside the rack and that plays a major role on it for me.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Do you think that your energy levels could be a result of an overtaxed CNS from the deadlifts?

Or maybe all that work on your truck, Big Dogg.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Do you think that your energy levels could be a result of an overtaxed CNS from the deadlifts?

Or maybe all that work on your truck, Big Dogg.
    LOL on the truck

It definetly could be deadlifting 3 times in one week even though i only did 1 of those heavy. or that 905 squat.

good point.

also hitting two sets above my previous bes on benching with chains directly prior taxed the old triceps as well.

Have to wait and see how it all pulls together at the meet.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  7. Senior Member

Nothing exciting. Body is definitely ready to back down next week. Next week I just do my opening weights and start cutting back on assistance. Might go heavy on bench but that is it.

BW upon waking 247.6. That puts me at 252 after rehydration in morning and still 10lbs overwieght. I wanted to be 5-6 lbs over for an easy water cut.

Squats w/Chain (200lbs in chain)
    55x6x6
    100x6
    245x6
    335x3
    425x3
    515x3
    605x1
    695x1 briefs on
    785x1 suit on
    875x1
    965x1 wraps on
    Last one wasn’t clean or hit depth so it’s a MISS.

Just didn’t have it mentally as I had a weak spotter. Wasn’t planning on pushing it hard anyway just wanted to prime CNS for handling heavier weights.

Finally put together my Glute-Ham Raise this weekend and took it downstairs. Damn I could feel on the first rep that I NEED to be doing these. Also good thing I didn’t make it 2” taller. Posted vid to critique form.
    GHRx8x7x7
    Last set: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0Sq3JnEDY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Some sort of Bastard Good Morning. GFK please weigh in. I was trying those Wilson GM’s but added dumbbells.
    #4 +50DB’s x12
    #4 +85DB’s x10x10
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xJPu-QOdE"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Pull Thru’s
    #4x12x12

also good news today is i found out they will have a monolift at the meet!
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  8. Elite Member

Nice workout. The GHR's looked good to me. You seem like you would be a lot of fun to work out with. Strong guy, that doesn't take himself all seriously, the effort noises you make are hilarious. I still go back to the modified on the ground GHR video for a good laugh every once in a while. It's hard to find a good workout partner/spotter. My friends act like I'm asking them to wipe my ass or something when I ask them for a spot. Never seen that type of GM, looks like it might work the upper back nicely as well as glutes/hams/lower back.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post

Some sort of Bastard Good Morning. GFK please weigh in. I was trying those Wilson GM’s but added dumbbells.
    #4 +50DB’s x12
    #4 +85DB’s x10x10
    YouTube - some weird good morning
    interesting indeed.. trying to figureout why the band is needed at all all it does is maybe help keep balance? but doesnt appear to add any negative or harder resistance
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    interesting indeed.. trying to figureout why the band is needed at all all it does is maybe help keep balance? but doesnt appear to add any negative or harder resistance
    the band makes it hard to pull the hips forward. I'm doing a hip thrust at the same time as the GM. sqeeze the cheeks at the top.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  11. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Nice workout. The GHR's looked good to me. You seem like you would be a lot of fun to work out with. Strong guy, that doesn't take himself all seriously, the effort noises you make are hilarious. I still go back to the modified on the ground GHR video for a good laugh every once in a while. It's hard to find a good workout partner/spotter. My friends act like I'm asking them to wipe my ass or something when I ask them for a spot. Never seen that type of GM, looks like it might work the upper back nicely as well as glutes/hams/lower back.
    thats a nice thing about lifting at my place...i can make any noises i want to.

Need a good partner myself. Work issues have pulled out 2 of my lifters right now, and another one is injured. I have an occasional guy that shows up on squat day so i emailed him on monday to verify he would be there for tuesday's workout. Tuesday afternoon he calls me to tell me he cant make it...I answered the phone with "You can't do this, your going to be there tonight wether you lift or not".

I may have been an ass but you've got to hold your commitments. If he had told me monday he wouldn't make i might have been able to recruit another spotter.

Same **** happened right before last meet. all of a sudden no one to make it to train.

WTF is wrong with people.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

thats a nice thing about lifting at my place...i can make any noises i want to.

Need a good partner myself. Work issues have pulled out 2 of my lifters right now, and another one is injured. I have an occasional guy that shows up on squat day so i emailed him on monday to verify he would be there for tuesday's workout. Tuesday afternoon he calls me to tell me he cant make it...I answered the phone with "You can't do this, your going to be there tonight wether you lift or not".

I may have been an ass but you've got to hold your commitments. If he had told me monday he wouldn't make i might have been able to recruit another spotter.

Same **** happened right before last meet. all of a sudden no one to make it to train.

WTF is wrong with people.
    thats horrible bro, move to nyc, ill be there for u everyday !
  13. New Member

I saw that 905 squat,respect from me bro,for going under that you need to be brave like hell.
    At competition what is your record?

While i was liveing in big city there was one gym,not elite just hardcore gym,you had 2racks for squat,and more 3 pairs of stalks for squats which you could move where you want.Big 15metars long podium for deadlift,8-10 bench presses,two machines for shoulder(free weight),lot of olympic weight and bars plus all machines...there was only 3bikes and few stepers...

It was full at night,but because all train the same-for strength,you didnt have to wait,from 17:00-22:00 you didnt need to think about things like spoters,and if you ask anybody to spot,it was his obligation,you couldnt see on his face that he is scared or "why me",he didnt ask anything...yeah everyone there knew how to spot,and they all have guts...

The rest of the day(it work from10:00-22:00),there was at least 10people,and 3-5 persons who worked there.

But even it was mans gym it was all the time full with chicks,mostly atletes but also there where those who were curious to see that devil place and see how real man train.

I wish i could return there,litlle clip:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjAb8Zt7tA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  14. Senior Member

looks like some good intensity and a good place to train.

although those 2 man bench press bounces kill me.

806 is the best i've done in competition. i'm just starting to compete again. shooting for a 900+ in a few weeks at next comp.
    Last edited by kabuki; 11-15-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  15. Senior Member

Missed both sled pulling sessions this week. So much for my consistency.

Missed Sunday because I was putting together my GHR and organizing my gym.

Missed my sled pulling last night because I was installing a new fireplace insert to make wife happy. And she was when she came home to a beautiful warm fire that night

Anyway….I was not planning on doing any pulling the week of the meet. Should I start pulling again next week then to stop pulling the week after? Any input is appreciated.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  16. Senior Member

Well I was pretty much doing a BBer workout today and no training partner so I thought I would take some time and do some BBer activities such as taking pictures and measurements. Hehehe. I’ll save that till the end.

BW upon waking 245.2….down a couple lbs but I was back up to 252 by training time again. I think I’ll be fine making weight from this 247-245 morning weight. That will give me 12hrs to drop only another 3-6lbs. And hopefully be around 250-255 next day for comp.

Workout was unimpressive as strength has been plataueing this last week so hopefully timing is perfect as I start deloading over next two weeks.

Repitition Bench
    135x20x6
    225x30x20 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H04dEJ7m8ec"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Band Pressdowns
    #3 x20x16x12

Curls palms out non alternating
    25x12
    30x12
    35x12x12x12

Kabuki band pressdowns
    #3’s x16x16x16

Front Delt Raises
    #1+10lbs x12x12x11x11

First time I’ve ever taken arm measurement after doing curls or flexing. Not bad considering the very little to nil curling I do. 18 1/8” while hanging and 19 7/8” flexed. The flexed measurement was done after curling and the hanging was done before curling.

Here is a couple pics. You can see I have stayed lean and maybe even leaned out this last 6-9months as I’ve added 6-8lbs of BW.

Sponsored by USPLabs
  17. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

booooooker..

Love the new avy bro, your pics look DAMN good bro. Way better than I kinda saw you in my minds eye. Nice work on leaning out.

huge arms too bro.

Just plain impressive man, all the way around. seriously...
  18. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    booooooker..

Love the new avy bro, your pics look DAMN good bro. Way better than I kinda saw you in my minds eye. Nice work on leaning out.

huge arms too bro.

Just plain impressive man, all the way around. seriously...
    My big stomach in my squat and deadlift vids throws a lot of people off. a lot of stomach muscle combined with pushing out.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Looking good, Kabuki. You're built a lot like one my training partners for strongman.

What powerlifting association/federation are competing in? 900+ at 242 has to be a record just about anywhere. I'll be excited to see your competition numbers this time.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

looking leaner and less ghastly white.

I didn't know you were packing guns under those BB.com shirts.
  21. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    looking leaner and less ghastly white.

I didn't know you were packing guns under those BB.com shirts.
    I think the changes may just be the photo. I’m still Ghastly white. Also checked a couple measurements this morning and my waist line is .5-1” larger than earlier this year when I was 10-12lbs lighter. Also measurement on Supurliac was 2mm larger at 8mm now instead of the 5-6mm I was down to at my leanest. Then again I’m taking creatine (Ether 2010) right now along with a lot of dairy (Weekly totals – 2 gallons organic whole milk, 3 quarts cottage cheese, 5 cups organic yogurt) so that could be causing a little water retention bloat around waistline. I think.

Either way I’m in much better position than I was the previous spring when I was 5-8lbs heavier than I am now but bloated and fat with 20+mm on supurliac.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  22. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

(Weekly totals – 2 gallons organic whole milk, 3 quarts cottage cheese, 5 cups organic yogurt) so that could be causing a little water retention bloat around waistline.
    Yeh, that is def. going to contribute to a little bloat around the waistline.
  23. New Member

looks like some good intensity and a good place to train.
    although those 2 man bench press bounces kill me.

806 is the best i've done in competition. i'm just starting to compete again. shooting for a 900+ in a few weeks at next comp.
    It is a good place.
    Yeah those two guys are hillarious,but they are strong.

I saw that 806,it was out of competition yours 4th lift for record.Good luck with training for competitions.

Man!!!you look dangerous on those pictures and very impressive,very good for powerlifter.

Do you have support from your wife and your framilly for this what you are doing,did you meet your wife before powerlifting or after,what did she say whan she find out what are you planing/training???
  24. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Man!!!you look dangerous on those pictures and very impressive,very good for powerlifter.

Do you have support from your wife and your framilly for this what you are doing,did you meet your wife before powerlifting or after,what did she say whan she find out what are you planing/training???

Thanks for your compliments.

I've been up front with my wife from the beginning that this is who i am and is part of my life. I know it frustrates her at times but she allows me to do what I do. She even let me take over the room in the basement for the pit. However i will have to make some compromises when we have a child.

My family is proud of my accomplishments in life in general and accepts my many unique traits and habits. That is support enough for me.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  25. Senior Member

nice volume and intensity tonight

BW upon waking 246.6

Speed Squats
    55x12
    155x6
    155+greenx3
    245+greens x3
    335+greens x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 (all done in 6minutes)

back still sore from rep benching last night

DB Rows and grip work
    65x12
    115x12x12x12
    dumbell pulled up beside torso

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    185x8x8x8

Glute Ham Riase
    x8x7x7x7

Shrugs & Grip with Wide Grip Fatbar trapbar
    315x20x20x10

Wilson Good Mornings
    Blue band x20x20x20
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  26. Senior Member

aahhhh! leftovers must a gone bad. spent all afternoon running to the restroom. Including multiple trips while warming up on bench. luckily I held it in while I had my shirt on . Sucks I’ll be raw for squatting tomorrow.

No vids tonight as i mad my first trip into a commercial establishment in over a year to train with some old partners.

BW upon waking 246.6

Close Grip Bench
    140x12x6
    230x6
    320x3
    410x3
    440x3
    shirt on
    550x1 clean beautiful and fast!
    590x1 Clean and beautiful
    630x1 clean and beautiful
    660x1 clean off chest but threw it back a little to soon and missed locking it.
    last one felt doable but not supprised i didn't lock it as last week was my first time holding 600lbs since the meet in August.

Couldn’t get full width grip on these benches. Tried with 630 and crushed my pinky and had to go back to little closer grip for 660.

Lockouts w/6 second pause at lock
    410x6
    500x6
    550x3
    600x3

Pressdowns – w/wide grip supra attachment
    110x16x16x12

Last Heavy bench before meet. Settled on 570 opener now.
    Tomorrow I work up to meet opener on squat and last heavy squat session.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  27. Senior Member

Interesting night.

BW 244.8 light due to sickness yesterday.

Focus just was not on tonight and I wasn’t really hitting my groove on some of my warmups…which is rare for me.

55x12x6
    155x5x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x3 belt on
    495x1
    585x1 breifs on
    675x1
    765x1 suit on
    860x0 wraps on – Dumped it. Plans was to hit a double.

My old TP were here today whom I really trusted so I was just focused on hitting it as deep as possible and just didn’t even keep it tight in the hole. Got to the hole and basically relaxed my everything (WTF?) and just lost it.

First squat I’ve ever lost.

Was kind of locked into squat bar and right knee buckled as it went to the safety pins. Popped a few times but feels fine.

GHR
    bwx8x8x7

Wilson GM
    #5x20x20x20x20

Last heavy day before the meet on December 1st.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  28. Senior Member

camera giving me fits tonight and didn't feel like ****ing with it.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  29. Senior Member

Backside of knee where outside of hammy ties in started throbbing a little. Woke up this morning and couldn’t straighten out knee, and had to hobble around a bit. However after a hot shower I could walk around with some decent mobility. No blood pooling evident so likely just some micro trauma. Sure wish I had some IGFLR3 handy.

Anyway, took an icepack to work with me today and will use that multiple times, along with some LIGHT stretching be its use.

Did some BW squats this morning after the shower and just felt a little bit when locking the knee out.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Ouch, hope everything is okay in time for the big competition. It's amazing how a slight lack of focus or minor mental error can really **** up a heavy attempt.
  31. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Ouch, hope everything is okay in time for the big competition. It's amazing how a slight lack of focus or minor mental error can really **** up a heavy attempt.
    agreed.

icing it again right now. still can't lock it out without pain. i'll give it a few days before i get worried.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  32. New Member

That's s**t.

Man i'm very sorry because of your injury,how is posibble that you didnt concetrate your self better with that weight...

Next time be more carefull,i hope you will recover soon.
  33. Senior Member

i can lock out knee now without pain. progressing well.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  34. Senior Member

Light day and last training session prior to meet done Sunday Morning.

TKE’s right knee only
    #1x20x20

DE Box squats
    Warmup then
    385x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

DE Bench (varying grips – Close to super close)
    Warmup then
    225x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3

Next two Superseted

Wilson good Mornings
    #5x20x20x20

Face Pulls
    75x12x12x12

Body Weight went up to 260lbs on Friday eek: I didn’t even binge eat on Thanksgiving. Dropped back to 255 on Saturday, and hardly ate on Sunday. BW this morning was 248.6 which will put me about 252 during the day. I would like to be down another 2-3lbs by Thursday before I drop to 242 for weigh ins on Friday.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  35. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Lost 12 lbs from Fri to Mon morning.....thats crazy man! Thought I was the only one who could do it.
  36. Senior Member

Well its looking like this weekend will not be happening. I’m subbing out the sheetrock work on the new floor I added to my house and will be able to have them get started this week. Been busting ass since Sunday to finish up some of the framing and misc items that have to be done before they start. The impact is that I was not planning on doing this till later in December so I’m having to stretch the finances to come up with a few thousand dollars right now. Not sure that I can afford to be out of town right now let alone another $500 in fuel, hotel room, food (for me and handler), entry fee, ect. I will talk it over with wife tonight but I just don’t see it happening.

There will be competitions nearly every month between March-August next year so I will have plenty of opportunity to get that big total on the board.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

That blows man, but I guess you have to have your priorities. I guess it will give time to get that 1k squat for next one.
  38. Senior Member

got all my work done on the house i needed to. Drywall is starting to go in tonight and they seem to have a good handle on things. so not much else for me to do for next couple days,.....

may as well go test my abilities.

Bags are packed. Still 250+ so 8-10lbs to drop 2morrow before 6pm. Got my recomp goodies all packed up (hope i'm heading right direction as i have not done this before...sweet and salty). 1lb salty torltilla chips, 1lb chips ahoy, 1lb cheez its, 2lbs sweetened yogurt, 64oz gatorade, and a bunch of banana's. Not sure what all i'll get down. try to sqeeze a dinner and breakfast in as well
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  39. Senior Member

Meet report.

Overall bombed but I would call the meet a success for me as it was an experimental meet and I wanted to see how some things played out. Wanted to learn a few things more and get some more meet time under my belt before this next year. I only last minute decided to continue with meet after finishing up work on house I needed done and getting sheet rockers lined out, so I ended up not being prepared for meet.

I’ll save the lessons learned till the end.

Weighed in the low 251-252 upon bedtime at 10pm the night before weigh ins and made weight the next day at 5:30pm at 241lbs. and probably dropped another 1lb within a half hour after that. Back at 250lbs by 10pm for bedtime that night without dumping any further wieght.

Squat…couldn’t hit depth.
    825- just not enough weight
    870 – missed twice. Should have been able to hit depth but I kept freaking out every time I got close to that position I dumped the weight in my last workout. Simple lack of confidence as the weight felt like absolutely nothing on my back. Felt crazy easy. ****in head!!!

Bench
    570 super easy
    610 miss due to raising but
    630 slow lock but got it. Meet PR!

Deadlift – First competition Sumo and only second time doing a max sumo pull.
    630 supa easy
    690 successful but nearly dropped it as I did the same thing at last comp and forgot to really grab the bar! I was holding it with 2 fingers in my right hand and they did not give me quick down call. judge was flickin me crap afterwards telling me that was the strongest 2 fingers he has seen!!! PR
    720 right to very end but couldn’t pull hips through. Did remember to grab the bar however.

If I had sunk one of my squats I would have had a 2190 or greater total.

Lessons learned.

Weight Loss – dropping and recomping 10-12lbs in a short period of time is easy but uncomfortable. I took some diesel fuel caps (caffeine +) the day I cut to suppress appetite, diuretic aid, and energy. I did not take into account I was taking these on a completely empty system and should have gone with a minimal dose, if any at all. I was dry heaving by weigh in time (excessive caffeine and nervousness does this to me) and struggled all evening with getting food down afterwards. I easily regained all my weight but wasn’t able to super compensate.

Preparedness – I need a checklist. And FOOD is of the utmost importance. Like I said this was last minute and I planned for the recomp but not for meet day. And basically did not eat the day of the meet!!! Felt solid on squat but by the afternoon when it came to benching and deadlifting I was really depleted and I could feel it affecting my strength levels. THIS WAS A MAJOR FAILURE. My stomach is a mess in the morning and I was only able to get down a few pieces of fruit and part of my pancakes. I did bring along some fixins for PBJ’s but didn’t have time to make one till 3pm prior to the Deadlift. So I basically went 2 days with only a couple hours of eating in there. I also forgot baby powder, singlet, battery for drill, batteries for camera, toothpaste, ect…you get the idea.

Training Program – felt stronger and that my strength peaked about 3-4 weeks ago. Need to evaluate my training program leading up to the meet.

And I missed not having my wife there
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  40. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Great work man. Lots of lessons learned I see. That is still some sick weight your throwing around.

How did you place?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:47 AM
  4. A little Political joke for yah!