Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 11 of 53 First ... 691011121316 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes, he would be scary at the yoke carry. What's your best raw squat and deadlift?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yes, he would be scary at the yoke carry. What's your best raw squat and deadlift?
    5'9"

best raw dead is 660...it was pretty easy i just didn't go heavier. think the video is on my main page.

My raw squat is around 700, but i'm regularly going well into the 7's for reps with a little bit of hip support from a loose single ply inzer suit bottom on.

Thanks for the compliments guys. i've got a long ways to go to be compared to Chuck V...but i'll keep tryin.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

BW upon waking 245.4

arms were feeling better today.

Speed bench (160lbs in bands)
    warmup
    300x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/20 seconds rest between sets.
    i had an amazing amount of speed at that weight today...i was a little shocked.

Overhead Lockouts
    235x12
    325x10
    350x10
    405x6 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    325x12 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    first time in a long time so these were a little sloppy...and hard as hell breaking the first one without a little bump from TP

Chain Crushers...just playin around trying something new
    warmup then
    35+chain x9x9x9 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

i know workout was a little short again.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

also f'd up my knee Wed night. jumping up on ledges, landing on knees and hit something bad in my knee. severe pain. It doesn't hurt with any sort of movement but shooting pain when i touch it that last for about 5min afterwards. Its the bottom of the knee almost to the shin bone.

anyone know about this? if i'm still in pain on monday i'll see the doc. shouldn't bother me squating but no way in hell can i put knee wraps on.

no buising and some minimal swelling.

i've never had knee problems of any sorts so i'm in unfamilair ground.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

bw upon waking 248.4 and 254 at training...about that....wife is out of town for 2 days and i've been eating out.

Decided to step it up on my DE squat days and today was a good day to experiment as i won't be going heavy next tuesday.

Speed Squat (260lbs in bands 4xgreen mediums)
    warmup then
    505(245+260)x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 x2 w/15-30 seconds between sets
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    felt good excpet fatiguing and back was still beat from tuesday's PR squat and 505 stiff leg deads.

Went to go dumbell rows but as soon as my knee touched the bench it felt like i got a knife twisting in my knee. a few yells and a couple minutes rest and i was ok. Feels no better than when i hurt it on Wednesday...WTF

Supra High Rows
    150+mini x10x10x10x10

Bent over Raises
    50x12x12x12

Wide grip behind neck pulldowns
    150x10x10x10

Curls - first 6 palms facing front, second 6 as hammers
    40x12x12x12x12
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  6. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.36%

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Went to go dumbell rows but as soon as my knee touched the bench it felt like i got a knife twisting in my knee. a few yells and a couple minutes rest and i was ok. Feels no better than when i hurt it on Wednesday...WTF
    Youtube video please.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.45%

sounds normal to me kabuki welcome to my knee world lol

sometimes im walking and my knee just gives out lol

keep in there
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

kabuki, your childhood must have been a mess. you have overcome a lot of hurdles, a real inspiration to those of us who thought we had it rough. keep up the good work. if you ever make it to strongman, you got to write a book.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    kabuki, your childhood must have been a mess. you have overcome a lot of hurdles, a real inspiration to those of us who thought we had it rough. keep up the good work. if you ever make it to strongman, you got to write a book.
    thanks. we all have our challenges in different ways.

i almost thought about putting some links in to the articles that have been done on me on that subject. But I think that may not be the best choice.

EDIT: as far as strongman goes. I've got my training lined up for the spring/summer depending on events. they guy i'm training with is a little bit lighter than me but slightly stronger on the postierior chain (IE squatnig and deadlifting), however my upper body strength is greater. should be some good training sessions.

He's got 700-750 raw pull. and just missed a 900lb pull from 18". also seen him do 600lbs squat for reps raw...but he doesn't go as deep as me

like i said should be some good sessions...learn a lot...and have somebody at my level to push me :bruce1:
    Last edited by kabuki; 10-15-2007 at 06:03 PM.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%

thanks. we all have our challenges in different ways.

i almost thought about putting some links in to the articles that have been done on me on that subject. But I think that may not be the best choice.

EDIT: as far as strongman goes. I've got my training lined up for the spring/summer depending on events. they guy I'm training with is a little bit lighter than me but slightly stronger on the posterior chain (IE squatting and dead lifting), however my upper body strength is greater. should be some good training sessions.

He's got 700-750 raw pull. and just missed a lb pull from 18". also seen him do lbs squat for reps raw...but he doesn't go as deep as me

like i said should be some good sessions...learn a lot...and have somebody at my level to push me :bruce1:
    I cant wait to see some of the videos, good luck with the strongman. Just wondering if your gonna do any snowboarding this winter after the shoulder incident.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    I cant wait to see some of the videos, good luck with the strongman. Just wondering if your gonna do any snowboarding this winter after the shoulder incident.
    think i'm going to pass this winter. if the wife makes me go i'll just tool around and not do anything aggressive. That was a good scare last winter and i still have some residual problems.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Its time. Time I take some time off from heavy benching. My arms are in bad shape. Knots in forearms, knots in triceps, and my biceps are holding a lot of tension. Forearm and tricep problems are causing lockout issues as well as elbow pain. I made this decision shortly after doing my core lift.

Going to start working (tomorrow) on finding someone to do ART that is part of my health plan.

Guess I should be happy with what I got tonight considering…even though it’s a decent drop in weight.

BW upon waking 245.6

CG Bench
    45x12
    145x6
    235x3
    285x3
    335x3
    385x3
    425x3 YouTube - CG Bench
    450xmiss didn’t try to hard it hurt my elbows just trying to get my wrist wraps on.

3board Press
    465x2

Curls – first 12 palms out then second 12 as hammers
    30x24x24x24

On a positive note my knee is starting to feel a lot better so I’m not going to worry about checking it out. Must have been bruised real bad or something similar as it didn’t show any discoloration. The pain when I touch it has subsided to the point that I think I can get some wraps on. Wooohooo!
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

taking a week off.

started ART therapy on my left arm today. start working on right arm tomorrow, and another session on the left again on Friday. Practicioner said that i have the mose dense knots he's ever seen (i think he's been doing it for over 20 years). 'brutal' was his terminology.

i don't know if he is strong enough to break up what i've got, but he does know what he is doing. if i don't see a change quickly i'll try to find somene else.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

you need to start going for regular deep tissue massages.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.35%

I'm reading The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook Second Edition by Claire Davies right now. It's extremely enlightening. Perhaps you should look for it on the famous online store named after that large rainforest in the southern hemisphere.
    Last edited by Ubiquitous; 10-17-2007 at 12:38 PM.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    you need to start going for regular deep tissue massages.
    agreed. i'm going to set some money aside in my flex account at begining of year to cover for it. If my doc approves it (should'nt be prob) for medical reasons i can at least pay for it pretax.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I'm reading The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook Second Edition by Claire Davies right now. It's extremely enlightening. Perhaps you should look for it on the famous online store named after that large rainforest in the southern hemisphere.
    i will look for it.

I liked the ART therapy yesterday. It looks to be promising as you can really feel pushing that scar tissue apart as you pull your muscle under the pressure point.

however i am concerned due to the limited number of practicioners that i can find someone strong enough (not to sound cocky) to get through my very dense strong muscle. He really struggled yesterday and said he was applying force multiple times beyond what most people would take as unbearable to even get to the tissue.

we will see. Think i'm going to cancel my Friday session and get deep tissue done instead, and then do a couple more ART sessions early next week.

What really doesn't make any sense to me is the fact i've got the same problem in my biceps...which i usually only hit rarely...sometimes not for months at a time. And when i do its not heavy. Might be a response to having to deal with the tension in my forearms and triceps...and obviously they get a little work when doing back but nothing significant.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.45%

biceps get major work on deads even though most dont realize it

that massage sounds sweet man i hope to get it soon my family has given up trying to massage my back they just complain about it being too hard etc

you gotta realize bukki normal people are soo soft and squishy lol

reminds me of the videos ive seen of ronnie and jay i think getting deep masssages not sure what type
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

KICK Ass Day all the way around!

Started out bad. Had the morning off to have the rough plumbing inspection on the house. Filled all the drain lines up to 2ft above roof and discovered 3 leaks. Called boss and told him I would not be in today and called inspector and tried to reschedule but he said he was coming out anyway….SHVT! Busted ass and replaced all the leaky joints just as he arrived. He signed off plumbing inspection including my basement inspection which I was awesome as that was to legalize work done by previous owner and some inspectors had told me I might have to tear out some walls so they could see it.

Made it to work before lunch. At this point I had missed a few morning meals and was almost sick from going hypo (had a pslin In the morning with toast and juice was all before having to bang out that work). Got some serious carbs down.

Was able to finish writing four more reviews!

Got back to my place for my first training session in a week.

Squat
    145x6x6
    245x5
    335x5
    425x5 belt
    515x3
    565x1
    600x7 wraps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Cut it short on last rep but still think I had more in me. Patella tendon is still killing me when pressure is applied so it was a super loose wrap.

Stiff Leg Deads
    315x8
    315+chainsx8
    365+chainsx8x8
    pause with bar on floor for each rep to separate eccentric from concentric

Reverse Hyper
    75+#2bands x12x12x12x8
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

No training today. More ART therapy.

Seems to be working very well so far on my forearms, biceps and lateral tricep head. We started getting into the medial head real good today after i made some recomendations on different positions and direction of attack. The medial head has the largest mass of tissue affected with adhesions.

This is going to be a long road with the shear amount of adhesions in my arms. My practicionar keeps telling me he's never seen anything like this...whats sad is its better than it used to be as i was able to work most of them out of my forearms this last year.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

Out of curiousity, do you have any research on ART?

If not, can you give me the full, un-abridged name?

Thanks bookster.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Active Release Therapy. painfull but works very quickly, and heard nothing but extremely positive reviews from other strength atheletes

Active Release Techniques®

it will also search for practicioners in your neighborhood.

Below is taken from a writeup on IronGladiators.com
    IronGladiators

ART/MRT

The Basics: What used to be called Myofascial Release Technique is now a trademarked technique called Active Release Technique. In order for a doctor to advertise that they perform ART, one must be certified in the technique by taking several hundred hours of post-graduate study. However, most recent Chiropractic graduates learn this technique within their education where it is called Myofascial Release Technique. This technique is a specialized form of scar tissue/muscle contraction release most often used for sports injuries. It is also effective with low back pain or chronic headaches.
    How it Works: ART/MRT works on the principle that scar tissue is laid down on a criss-cross pattern. The technique is used to break up the scar tissue that is not running with the muscle belly or tendon matrix. It is particularly effective on shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, knee surgeries or hamstring tears. The tissue is broken up by slowly flexing, extending, rotating, or laterally bending the body part injured while the practitioner places his/her thumb or hand in front of the scar tissue. As the athlete moves the body part, the scar tissue moves under the practitioners thumb, thereby breaking up the tissue and allowing the muscle / ligament / tendon to move freely and often reports a feeling of “rice crispies” when the scar tissue is being broken up. There are stages of therapy for this technique and it is important that you find a person knowledgeable in anatomy and nerve function because of the specific movements required during treatments.
    The Pros: This is a quick fix for the problem, which helps the athlete “almost overnight”. The sessions can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes in duration depending on how many sites need to be addressed and the severity of the tear. The actual therapy itself is used with some sort of lotion, which is most beneficial if it is an analgesic cream to help dull the pain.
    The Cons: Finding a practitioner who is knowledgeable of MRT or certified in ART can be daunting, as this is almost an exclusively Chiropractic therapy. The sessions may also be prohibitive for athletes in the inflammatory stages of healing because it may actually cause more inflammation to the area if not performed correctly. Repeated treatments may also be necessary and it is virtually impossible to perform the treatments on your own, so it is best to find someone either certified in ART, a Chiropractor who has the initials CCSP, or a therapist knowledgeable in MRT. ART courses can be taught to any professional who deals with muscle work.
    Costs and Other Factors: Costs for individual sessions of ART/MRT can range from $25 per session for non-certified practitioners to well over $50 per session for certified ART practitioners. The good part is that most of the bill can go directly to your insurance carrier depending on what health insurance coverage you have. However, the doctor may want you to pay out of pocket for the extra time they put into the treatments. It has been my experience that a typical treatment duration is anywhere from 3-8 treatments. Treatments are best performed with one day in between visits to allow the body time to heal and deal with the inflammation.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

you da man. thanks.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    you da man. thanks.
    no prob. glad to help
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

bw at training 250.6

Bench
    warmup then
    235x25x15

Overhead lockouts
    warmup then
    375x8x8x8

Band pressdowns
    #3x20x13x12

Front Delt Raises
    #1bands stretched long x12x12x12x12

not feeling very well.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.35%

I've been breathing in smoke and fallout from all the fires lately, and I feel like ****.

Have you had the chance to check out that book i told you about? I just got a roller wheel for some solo work.
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

I've been breathing in smoke and fallout from all the fires lately, and I feel like ****.

Have you had the chance to check out that book i told you about? I just got a roller wheel for some solo work.
    That sucks man.

not yet. Told my wife i would be spending some mula on some books however. probably look at ordering it soon.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Friday’s session

BW upon waking 247.6

Speed Box squat (off 14” box versus 16” last time)
    Warmup then
    235+#3&#4 bands(200lbs) x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

DB Rows on flat bench
    65x12
    115x12
    165x8 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    115x12
    Patella tendon inflammation going down and was able to find position on bench that did not cause pain.

Pulldowns
    Warmups then
    210x8x8x8x8x8

Shrugs w/wide Fat trab bar
    No straps, working on grip
    300x20x20x16

Wish I had done more but that was it.

Saturday's Session
    First session of sled pulling.
    20-25 minutes of pulling done in 5minute intervals.
    working on finding right weight and distances. I’m out of shape…but at least not as bad as my Training partner. Loved how it worked as recuperative tool.
    Planning on 2x15minute sessions a week. Done the day after ME and DE squats.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%

Wait you pulled a sled for 5 minutes straight? I guess it depends on the weight that you use, but that's pretty crazy. You don't go halfway on anything, Kabuki.

I've pulled a truck and some sleds for around 60-70 s a couple of times, and my heart was about to explode.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Wait you pulled a sled for 5 minutes straight? I guess it depends on the weight that you use, but that's pretty crazy. You don't go halfway on anything, Kabuki.

I've pulled a truck and some sleds for around 60-70 s a couple of times, and my heart was about to explode.
    LOL. little different. Flat steel sled...probably 125-150lbs on asphalt. I need to drop the weight a little so i can pull for 15min straight.

Developing General Physical Preparedness
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.35%

Nice.. SB showed me how gnarly sled pulling can be, and we barely broke 10 minutes collectively. GPP work is one of my main goals now, with the BJJ and other fun little hobbies I have set up.

pulling the sled backwards just wrecked my legs too.
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Nice.. SB showed me how gnarly sled pulling can be, and we barely broke 10 minutes collectively. GPP work is one of my main goals now, with the BJJ and other fun little hobbies I have set up.

pulling the sled backwards just wrecked my legs too.
    i did 5min of pulling it backwards as well. I really enjoyed the it....but i love pain

You can really feel how it can get your conditioning up very high once you get ot long heavy pulls.

This is one of my main goals for this winter. will take it somwhat easy over next month as i have meet on Dec1st.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Good session

BW upon waking 245.8

Bench w/Chains (140 in chain but very little deloading)
    45x6
    185x6x6
    245x5
    285x5
    355x5
    425x5

Shirt Work
    500 no touch
    535 almost touch
    550x1x1x1x1x1 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    need some perfecting of form but that is what this routine is about. Check that last touch and go…after 4 singles and 2.5minutes it just flew up!

Rope Pressdowns
    75x12x12x12x12

Face Pulls
    100x12x12x12

Curls
    40x10x10x10
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%

LOL. little different. Flat steel sled...probably 125-150lbs on asphalt. I need to drop the weight a little so i can pull for 15min straight.

Developing General Physical Preparedness
    Ok. I was thinking on grass which would be much worse. Are you just walking with it then?
  35. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Ok. I was thinking on grass which would be much worse. Are you just walking with it then?
    yep. forward and backward.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

I can’t wait till I’m in better shape and workouts like that are a breeze…but it certainly wasn’t tonight…little shaky and breathless when done.

BW upon waking 245.8

Squat (w/200lbs in chain)
    55x6x6
    145x6
    255x5
    355x5
    445x3
    535x3
    625x1
    715x1
    810x1x1 wraps

Pause Squats
    385x5x5
    335x5
    first two sets were to heavy.

Stiff Leg Deads with Double overhand and no straps
    140x12
    315x10
    365x8
    375x8
    Holy Rounded back batman!!! I was so focused on working my grip my form went to **** and didn’t know till I saw vid.

Reverse Hyper
    75x#2bands x12x12x12

Didn’t know I hit a PR on squats by 5lbs tonight till I loaded videos and remembered it was a 55lb bar! No wonder I couldn’t hit that double I wanted to??

Sponsored by USPLabs
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

an 810 squat and no love

BW upon waking 249.6

Sled Pulling
    135x10min no breaks
    60seconds forward 30 seconds backward

Still a long ways to go but at least i've started.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.45%

an 810 squat and no love

BW upon waking 249.6

Sled Pulling
    135x10min no breaks
    60seconds forward 30 seconds backward

Still a long ways to go but at least i've started.
    i expected 820 sorry noob. try harder next time
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.35%

I have love, I just am silently applauding.
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

LOL NY and UBI

those put a smile on my face
    Sponsored by USPLabs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
  4. A little Political joke for yah!