Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 10 of 71 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. was supposed to do my last heavy squat training session before meet last night. But i didn't have anyone to train with so I will have to push it out a couple days. hopefully this doesn't screw me up to much for meet.

worked late on big open hole in house again. I told the wife i wasn't going to be doing any work on remodel next week. Rest and Relax.

but this week i don't have any time to spare and have to drag myself out of bed each morning. getting exhausted, and dropping a bit of weight.

Bw upon waking 240.6
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. Well….i’m certainly not doing the right things to prep for the upcoming meet. But that’s why its called my “****ed up Log” because I make some poor or unconventional choices at times…but I’m quite happy with that.

Been stressfull working on getting that 30x12ft hole in the top of my house framed and closed in before it rains. Been working on it every night and have lots of work to do this weekend before the roofers come next week. Losts several pounds over the last 2 weeks.

Got my second and final workout for the week in tonight. I will have one more speed workout next week on Monday and that’s it. I would like to be doing a bit more work at this time…but with everything else it would quickly run me under. As it is my strength levels are down.

BW upon waking 239.4

Squat
    50x10x6
    215x3x3
    305x1
    395x1
    485x1
    575x1 suit(light straps) and light wraps
    665x1 suit(light straps) and tight wraps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    715x1 suit(tight straps) and tight wraps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

felt very slow out of hole but I feel better now after watching vid and confirming I went deeper than I needed to. Will have an old training partner who is also a judge at times calling depth for me at meet…so I’m stoked about that :-)

Speed bench – super close alternating grip
    50x6x6
    190x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/30 seconds rest between sets

Face Pulls
    75x12
    100x12
    125x10x10

also found an old Z-suit I used to wear in the 198…maybe 220 class. I was able to squeeze into the bottom. I think I’m going to cut the top off of it and use it as briefs in this meet. Any input on doing this?? I can wear a single ply brief in the class I’m competing in.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    •   

3. great squats !!!

4. thanks man...felt heavier than they should have however.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

5. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    thanks man...felt heavier than they should have however.
    exactly how i felt with my benching 205 today lol. stupid barbell always causing me to kill my ego
    •   

6. Well, I busted ass all weekend to finish up some stuff before the roofers come and the structural inspectors. BW dropped to 239 for my end of day weight on Saturday…no good!!! That’s almost a 10lb drop in 3 weeks…right before competition. Did my best to start loading some weight back on, and told the wife I was relaxing all week. Remodel will wait.

Brought my BW back up to 241.8 upon waking today. Mmmm….deserts, stout floats, and lots of other good eats.

Last workout before Saturday meet.

Box Squats – no belt or wraps
    Warmup then
    325x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 w/45-60 seconds between sets

Bench – Super close grip alternating grip
    Warmup then
    190x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/ 30 seconds rest between sets

Deadlift – belt 2 notches 2 loose
    Warmup then
    415x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1 w/45 seconds between singles

everthing was good and explosive…course it was all light.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

7. Good luck with the meet brotha! Kick some ass for us all!

8. Can't wait to hear how this turns out bro...I am real excited for you...good luck with EVERYTHING...you can do it!

Btw, some stuff been happening---havn't been in a gym much --- good reasons obv. bc I don't miss gym time...once I can get back on my feet I we need to get together again..I'll hit you up...

Tear **** up!!

9. Thanks for all the support guys!!

i really need it as it has been a stressfull week with work, and at home with the housing inspector visits, contractors, etc....not to mention i stepped through the cieling of the living room...AGAIN. wife not to happy.

Been a ball o stress this week. But i'm relaxed now and starting to get my game attitude on:bruce2:
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Thanks for all the support guys!!

i really need it as it has been a stressfull week with work, and at home with the housing inspector visits, contractors, etc....not to mention i stepped through the cieling of the living room...AGAIN. wife not to happy.

Been a ball o stress this week. But i'm relaxed now and starting to get my game attitude on:bruce2:
    hells yaaa brotha

11. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kabuki again.

12. From my APA meet yesterday 8/18/07 in Lake Oswego Oregon

This is my first meet in almost 3 years, and my first total in powerlifting. Previously I did years of 2 lift meets.

YouTube - My first Meet Total

Interesting meet. The most challenging circumstances I have lifted under for sure. It was this feds first meet in Oregon and they were breaking in a new crew, and I talked to Scott afterwards and he plans on having his act together for next year. I also left him my number in case he needs some equipment, bars, or help that has meet experience.

I will not discuss a lot of the problems but just mention a few of the very challenging aspects that hit me hard.

* Lifting on a hard wood platform. Feet were actually sliding out while setting up and performing the lift!!!
    * No leg drive at all on bench for the same reason with slick hardwood platform. However I did finally find some stickum spray for my final bench.
    * The advertised Okie Deadlift bar was just a standard Powerbar so that was unanticipated.

I’ll just leave it at that because I know they will do better next year.

SQUAT:
    Went up to 806lbs for my fourth attempt on the squats for a world record in my class. Most of these were filmed from a kneeling position from the front by my wife. And those that film squats know that this position causes them to look shallow on film. However a couple audience members did track me down and I saw footage of my lift from side and I definitely went below parallel even on the 806. Not to mention the 3 whites on all four.

BENCH:
    Since I didn’t have a lot of time in the new Bench shirt before the meet I did a token raw lift as an opener, which turned out to be good thing as I missed my shirted lifts. Should have been wise and stuck with my old shirt that I’ve been regularly hitting the heavy weights in even though I was concerned it was about to blow due to age. I should have just used my old shirt that I’ve been hitting 620-630 with fairly regularly in the gym…oh well.

DEADLIFT:
    Well right before the Deadlift they called me in to help tell them which bar was the Okie dead bar. As noted above outside the Squat bar they only had two powerbars, and I did not have enough time to send my wife home to grab my Okie bar. With the time spent looking at the different bars I only time for a couple singles to warm-up before the flight started. Which was probably fine as I was pretty damn shot at this point.

I hit an easy 630 opener. Then bumped it to 670 which flew off the floor, however I only grabbed it with my fingertips so I could only hang on to it for so long…which wasn’t long enough. I would normally have gone for the 670 again, but I was already out of the running for the WR total record. So I bumped it the 700, which I’ve wanted for awhile. The weight flew off the ground but just came to dead stall prior to locking it. I need to be working a lot of Band resisted pulling into my next training cycle as it felt as if I could handle in the mid 700’s off the floor.

Oh yeah, even after giving up 280lbs between the Bench and Deadlift I still had the best total by formula. It was a small venue.

Additional Notes:
    I had a blast! Met a lot of lifters and was able to help many and watch them get immediate results. Also have a couple athletes lined up for when I expand my training center this winter.

As many of you know this last two weeks has been a struggle for me. It was great to have the weights in my hands and on my back again testing me to see what the recent neglect has done. I’ve only been able to workout a couple times and have dropped from 249 to 241(not intentionally as I had planned to cut water and recomp) with working every evening and long weekends trying to frame in and seal up the center third section of my upper floor of my house that I cut out.

I had a lot of anxiety building up without being able to get under the bar like I wanted to. It felt oh so good to feel the joy of victory and pain of defeat in the never ending battle with the Iron again on Saturday.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

13. ur the man !

14. Kapoopi, as I said at MMI, I'm proud of you.

Your dedication and personality is one of the best I've encountered on these forums. Congrats.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Kapoopi, as I said at MMI, I'm proud of you.

Your dedication and personality is one of the best I've encountered on these forums. Congrats.
    Thanks Ubi. your definetly a very solid member to hear that kind of praise from.

solid member
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

16. From post # 2 in this log
    Best Lifts in Competition
    Squat 806 in 2007
    Bench 578 in 2005
    Deadlift 650 in 2003

Goals – Short Term
    Bring my Body composition to 250lbs @ 10%bf
    In competition Bench 650, Squat 750 complete 8/18, Deadlift 700.

Goals – Long Term
    Bench 700+
    Squat 900+
    Deadlift 800+
    yep....its time to spend some serious time on deads...long time since i've moved up....and i think i'm poised on some good numbers if i train it.

Also super close on achieving short term goals right now...except body comp:spank1:
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

17. buki nice performance even with all the distractions of your remodel. Was that a pr for you on that squat, and did it count as a world record. Great job at the meet.

18. Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    buki nice performance even with all the distractions of your remodel. Was that a pr for you on that squat, and did it count as a world record. Great job at the meet.
    thanks, yes, yes
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

19. BW upon waking 240.6

Sick today have very sore throat and no energy.

Dumbell Bench - deep with palms facing
    50x16
    85x8
    115x8
    135x8
    50+#2 band x8
    50+#3 band x8
    50+#4 band x10x10

Supra Pressdowns w/#1 band doubled
    50x12x12x12x12

Front Raises
    #1 band x12x12x12x12x12

also did a couple example zercher squats with the bar for partner....damn i am still sooore!!!
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

20. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    From post # 2 in this log

yep....its time to spend some serious time on deads...long time since i've moved up....and i think i'm poised on some good numbers if i train it.

Also super close on achieving short term goals right now...except body comp:spank1:
    To get to 250 @ 10%, you're either gonna have to sacrifice a good amount of strength, or run an entirely SICK cycle! Test/Tren/Halotestin or something of the like.

21. Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    To get to 250 @ 10%, you're either gonna have to sacrifice a good amount of strength, or run an entirely SICK cycle! Test/Tren/Halotestin or something of the like.
    yeah...that one might have to move to a long term goal. at this point i have not doine anything besides some PH cycles.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

22. yesterday sucked. said i was feeling ill on tuesday. Wednesday my lymph node on my left side of my face swelled up. Pain there and in my throat as well as a painfull cancor sore in the back of my lip. Some sort of infection...i was beat...went home and slept for 12 hours. Started taking some amoxcillian i had lying around and some oral antiseptic.

Swelling went down quite a bit today, but throat stilll hurt just not as bad, and energy levels were better but still run down.

BW upon waking 240.6

Speed Bench (no bands) Super Close varing grip
    warmup then
    250x3x3x3x3x3x3x3

Band Resisted Bench Setups (Lats and rear delts for those not familiar) 3 count holding at contraction
    3x5

Lying Dumbell tricep extensions
    30x12
    45xx8x8x8

Wide Grip Pulldowns (#1 band doubled)
    100+#1x12
    125+#1 x10x10x10

Side Laterals
    #1 band x10x10x10x10

I have my next 8 week training program pretty much laid out right now, but will have to make some adjustments because i'll probably have a meet right in the middle of it on Sept 29th. Will be starting to train heavy again next week.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

23. wow bro, that sounds like a pain in the ass...get better man...

24. Great log. I love the videos. I'm looking to pick up strength so I'm using your videos as something new to try to wake things up a bit.

25. thanks!

i'd hand out some reps to ya all but i've got to pass em around first.

Crader...glad i can inspire others to do something different. I get a lot of satisfaction from that. Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions.

feeling almost 100% now. hitting the amox for breakfast and lunch and calling it good. Will be training tonight of course.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

26. You took your weight class that past meet, right?

27. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    You took your weight class that past meet, right?
    yes...and best lifter of the meet.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

28. Nice, can't wait to see what happens when you get your true bench #'s in there...

29. Not to sound cocky but we will be rockin on a national level once that is dialed.

PI…I never noticed you’re a USP labs rep before. Love your guys stuff. AP is a staple and whenever I have injuries I always jump on the SuperCissus when I have an injury as well as recommend it to others for same reason.

Just finished up a bunch of bulk powerfull as well….and starting to use Pslin starting this week.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

30. Probably cuz I just started like a week ago...

Glad to hear you like the stuff though. I've been toying around with repping and talking to different companies for a few months. But I couldn't do it for a company I didn't really believe in, ya know? Glad I found one.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:47 AM
  4. A little Political joke for yah!
    By tommy36p in forum Politics