A Tornado of Trisets :)

runnerschick

Awards
So here's the first day of my new programme, started yesterday :). My goal is to get to 60kg through lean muscle gain, whilst staying lean, getting stronger. My current weight is 56.8kg, and I'll be doing this workout for 6 weeks. Really keen to smash this and go beyond and physical and mental limits :).

Day one:Torso
Triset 1:4 sets, supersetted...
DB bench press 5-7 reps
4x7x12.5kg each hand

DB Flye 10-12 reps
4x10x5kg each hand

Dips (assisted...for now)
1-10 reps
4x10x15kg assisted

Triset 2:
Neutral grip pull up (assisted) 5-7 reps
4x7x15kg

Ez bar bent rows 10-12 reps
4x10x25kg (light weight to start off to establish technique)

Seated cable row 1-10 reps
1:10x15kg
2:10x18kg
3:10x21.5kg
4:10x21.5kg

Arms were jacked like crazy throughout this workout due to the 1.5 scoops of jack3d micro I had preworkout, and they were shaking at the end :). Awesome first day, can't wait till day three tomorrow, arm day :)

Also did a 60 min dance class tonight, fast paced and had me sweating buckets!

runnerschick

Awards
My thought of the day courtesy of Rosie chee :)

62868_592584280752960_1376451787_n.jpg

runnerschick

Awards
Just finished arms, n killed it! Arms are jacked like crazy, n saw a big vein coming through both biceps during hammer curls. Full run down asap..

runnerschick

Awards
This morning's workout, day three: arms.
Had one scoop of Alphamine mixed with one scoop jack3d micro 30 mins preworkout, had my arms blown up like crazy!
Triset one:
Incline close grip BB press 5-7 reps (4 sets)
1:7x20kg bar (first time I've done this exercise, so started light to establish technique)
2:same
3:same
4:6x25kg

Reverse french press 10-12 reps
4x10x12.5kg

EZ skull crusher 1-10 reps
1:10x12.5kg
2:12x12.5kg
3:10x15kg
4:10x15kg

Triset two:
EZ preacher curl 5-7 reps
1:10x12.5kg (got carried away with reps lol)
2:7x15kg
3:7x15kg
4:5x20kg

DB cummerford curl 10-12 reps
4x10x7.5kg each hand

Incline hammer curl 1-10 reps
4x10x7.5kg each hand (these last two exercises were where I saw two big veins popping out in the biceps :) )

Really enjoyed this, arms were hard to lift after this workout, so I know I worked hard lol. Soccer training tonight which will include a lot of sprint work and skill building. Keen for day 4, will weigh in tomorrow as well, and will give you guys a food intake update tonight as well if I can.

Musical motivation for today: The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus :)

Hope everyone is well :)

runnerschick

Awards
Still buzzing for some reason. Keen to get freaking crazy at the gym tomorrow morning! Any feedback from my am friends is welcomed ..
Goodnight all

runnerschick

Awards
Absolutely exhausted after this mornings workout, arms n abs pushed to the max. I will NEVER give up, I will NEVER stop smiling.

318733_598972380114150_130298077_n.jpg

runnerschick

Awards
This morning, cranked out:
Standing lateral raises
4x7x5kg each hand

Cable rope high pulls
4x12x17.5kg

Seated dumbbell shoulder press
4x8x10kg each hand

Triset two..
3x10 swiss ball crunches
3x10 garhammer raises
3x10 Schwarzenegger raises
(Will increase by a set each week)

Felt strong and energized throughout the workout, every day my body and mind are growing in strength and determination :)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Diggin the motivation

Keep it up!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
She does train hard Scotty

runnerschick

Awards
Absolutely annihilated my legs this morning...theyre still shaking lol. Details to follow asap..

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Absolutely annihilated my legs this morning...theyre still shaking lol. Details to follow asap..
That was Tuesday for me. Took the wife with me (we usually go in separate cars or at separate times). It was lower body day and all we really did were squats and stiff leg deads... Still sore...

runnerschick

Awards
That was Tuesday for me. Took the wife with me (we usually go in separate cars or at separate times). It was lower body day and all we really did were squats and stiff leg deads... Still sore...
Yeah legs can be a killer, I enjoy the shakey feeling after heaps of squats n deadlifts though lol :)

runnerschick

Awards
Thought of the day courtesy of Rosie Chee :)

388395_587779284566793_1369609229_n.jpg

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
I'm also in on this!! Keep it up, doing great so far

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
^^^what up Irish?

Love the trisets. Good stuff so far. Trying for what, 6-7 lbs? You up yer cals yet?

runnerschick

Awards
^^^what up Irish?

Love the trisets. Good stuff so far. Trying for what, 6-7 lbs? You up yer cals yet?
Thanks mate :), yeah that's the aim :)..Chris has set me up with specific intakes with slightly higher cals so I do it lean and not dirty.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Thanks mate :), yeah that's the aim :)..Chris has set me up with specific intakes with slightly higher cals so I do it lean and not dirty.
Yeah sounds good. I know for bulking the best way to do so is to eat a high, clean protein intake diet. Not all the carbs in the world like a lot of people like to do haha

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah sounds good. I know for bulking the best way to do so is to eat a high, clean protein intake diet. Not all the carbs in the world like a lot of people like to do haha
Exactly.

Carbs around workouts super clean...
Slightly above maintenance

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
What's a bulk if you can't have a cheeseburger now and then... Lol

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I know we're in completely different time zones, let alone hemispheres, but I need my morning moto quote !!!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
I know we're in completely different time zones, let alone hemispheres, but I need my morning moto quote !!!
Fine I'll do it...
The slack hand impoverishes, and the hand of the diligent enriches. --Proverbs.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Fine I'll do it...
The slack hand impoverishes, and the hand of the diligent enriches. --Proverbs.
Lol. Nice quote but thats more along the lines of common sense not motivation! The words are appreciated though :D

runnerschick

Awards
Our team just won our morning football game :), two workout posts to come, been killing it this week n loving it! Here's a motivational thought for the day :)

3645_599411916736863_476014743_n.jpg

runnerschick

Awards
Yesterdays workout :)
Day one:Torso
Triset 1:4 sets, supersetted...
DB bench press 5-7 reps
1:7x12.5kg each hand
2:same
3:5x14kg each hand :)
4:6x14kg each hand...felt great to push out that 6th rep

DB Flye 10-12 reps
4x10x5kg each hand

Dips (assisted...for now)
1-10 reps
4x10x15kg assisted

Triset 2:
Neutral grip pull up (assisted) 5-7 reps
4x7x15kg

Ez bar bent rows 10-12 reps
2x10x25kg
2x10x30kg

Seated cable row 1-10 reps
1:10x18.75kg
2:10x18.75kg
3:10x21.5kg
4:10x21.5kg

Plus 4x10 swiss ball crunches and one and a half unassisted pull ups on the rings..with some help from Chris to get me up there cos I'm short lol :)

Great workout! Can't wait for day 3 again tomorrow!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
You really weren't joking around with your tri set log title haha

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is a really hard workout

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
She busts her butt with training...she is dedicated

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
She busts her butt with training...she is dedicated
You guys lift together too? Nice :D

I try to get my wife to go with me as much as possible but man oh man she's just impossible sometimes

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just once a week. I also check her form out and iron out any instability or form issues then.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Def a killer workout. Couldn't imagine how much this would burn

runnerschick

Awards
Def a killer workout. Couldn't imagine how much this would burn
Thanks for following along, all of you :) I thrive off the burn lol, that way I know I'm building up strength...great way to start off my mornings :)

joeblow1

Awards
Ok so I'm looking through your log and I see that your an athlete looking to improve for your sport. But then I look at the workouts and these aren't targeted for sport performance. They are more of general fitness type training. If your an athlete your goal should be to increase strength, speed, endurance, and explosiveness. Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I'm seeing are exercises aimed at improving the look of a physique and not the performance. Basically what it's looks like is, your slapping a coat of paint on your race car instead of fine tuning the motor. I'm not trying to bash you or anything I'm just suggesting you rethink your game plan.

runnerschick

Awards
Ok so I'm looking through your log and I see that your an athlete looking to improve for your sport. But then I look at the workouts and these aren't targeted for sport performance. They are more of general fitness type training. If your an athlete your goal should be to increase strength, speed, endurance, and explosiveness. Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I'm seeing are exercises aimed at improving the look of a physique and not the performance. Basically what it's looks like is, your slapping a coat of paint on your race car instead of fine tuning the motor. I'm not trying to bash you or anything I'm just suggesting you rethink your game plan.
Appreciate your advice and feedback, what I havent mentioned I suppose is that I am playing soccer for fun and recreation, rather than pure competition, and am really looking to build lean mass and strength. I also do sprints and work on my speed as well, but I may have been slack and haven't posted this at times, which I can understand would be a bit confusing on my log. Really enjoying my workouts and will continue to do so as I push myself further :).
Thanks again for the feedback, my apologies if the aims of my training have been confusing. Strength and yes, a change in my muscle mass are my main aims, but not so much for sport, but to improve strength and fitness in general :). Sorry again if I was unclear :)

joeblow1

Awards
Appreciate your advice and feedback, what I havent mentioned I suppose is that I am playing soccer for fun and recreation, rather than pure competition, and am really looking to build lean mass and strength. I also do sprints and work on my speed as well, but I may have been slack and haven't posted this at times, which I can understand would be a bit confusing on my log. Really enjoying my workouts and will continue to do so as I push myself further :).
Thanks again for the feedback, my apologies if the aims of my training have been confusing. Strength and yes, a change in my muscle mass are my main aims.
Ok I see. I thought you were purely training for the purpose of being a better soccer player. I didn't catch the part about it just being recreational. That's why I was so thrown off by the type of workouts you were logging. I was thinking you need to fire your strength coach lol. Anyway, you seem to have a strong work ethic and I'm sure you will reach your goals. Good luck

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't fire me....

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Dang yer a lucky dude there Chris :)

runnerschick

Awards
Ok I see. I thought you were purely training for the purpose of being a better soccer player. I didn't catch the part about it just being recreational. That's why I was so thrown off by the type of workouts you were logging. I was thinking you need to fire your strength coach lol. Anyway, you seem to have a strong work ethic and I'm sure you will reach your goals. Good luck
Sorry for misunderstanding, thanks for support. Would never "fire" my boyfriend who's gives me all my training programs, help and support :)... Forever grateful for everything he does.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm paid with alphamine lol