Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

Page 7 of 107 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Go for it. The slight incline was killin me. I have steeper parts I can work up to. I will check out your vids when you put em up of course and we will all critique if you ask for it.
    Once I figure out some way to setup my phone in the gym at a good angle, I'll definitely be putting some vids up and linking them on my main log.

I'm serious about using my Z71, that joker would be a great workout, hahaha. Thanks for offering to critique the vids, whenever they get posted.

Looks like you've got the Jeep pull pretty much on point, I can tell when you start building that forward momentum, it looks like you're not having to work AS hard. Awesome stuff though!
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.

2. Yeah, well there is a TON of weight pulling from the hill. If I park there in neutral it rolls downhill pretty well. Without the front rope I can't even pull it... it pulls me backwards. So it's definitely hard getting it moving and keeping it moving is not easier either. Try it on a slight incline if you can and you will be blown away. The amount of force required to start it moving forward is a lot more...

basic physics. Pulling flat you only have to break the friction coefficient of the normal force times the friction between tires and road, basically. You add even a 2* incline, you are increasing how much force required is added from the friction. I haven't had physics in a little over the year, but from a physics point of view you aren't even doing "work" unless you are moving up or down. The amount of force required to start the movement is not only higher, but also to keep the object moving.

So if you want to impress people, pull flat. If you want a workout, pull up a slight incline.

Go for it man.

3. Foam rolling quads two days after you get back to squat HURTS. Holy crap. Bench today now. I think 260 is my heavy set. I like.

4. I'm going to post a list of my heavy set numbers from my 4/5 cycles of 5-3-1 as I got them. Then list starting # and PRs. Should be interesting.

Decent bench day til my left shoulder got pissed at me for doing decline bench. I pounded out a nice set of 260x5 on the flat though. 265x5 is my PR I believe, and 260x6. So not bad. I had to do an AM workout today because of work, which is like automatic -10% strength for me... ah well.

5. Funny, I only train in the morning.

6. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Funny, I only train in the morning.
    You must be super human. Everything always hurts in the morning, and I'm always tired no matter what. Could be because I lifted at the same time for years though.

7. I won't be counting some of my early squats because they were not to full depth, and were just above parallel before I grew a set. Starting BW 183. Ending body weight 193. I did lose some pages out of the crappy note bad I was using... so some stuff will look off as far as cycles.

Back as far as my current book goes(start of second cycle):

Bench - 235x7, 250x5, 295x1, 240x6, 185x10(D), 250x6, 265x3, 185x10, 240x8, 255x6, 270x3, 245x9, 260x5

Dead- 390x8,415x6, 525x1, 405x6, 315x3(D), 425x7, (page fell out), 225x7, 550x1, 430x7, 455x7, 420x9

OHP- 120x7, 125x10, 150x1, 120x3(Deload), 125x7, 130x7,140x7, 95x7, 135x8, 120x10, 130x10, 130x11,

Squat-320x8, 335x4, 360x2, 275x5(D), 330x5, 345x3, 325x3(started going deeper), Time off, 290x5, more time off, 365x1(new max, proper depth)

What do these numbers tell me? My bench has gotten stronger, particularly my reps at medium weights. I would guess my max has gone up 10-15 pounds, mostly in the past month or two. I have finally gotten into a better bench groove. My deadlift has improved tremendously. Overhead press has improved, I added 20 pounds to my 7 rep PR in a little under 2 months. I have refocused my squat form and took some time off to let an upper back issue heal. Although it is not resolved I am starting to squat again with better form and an adjusted grip which causes less pain/irritation. I need to focus on my bench and squat numbers, keep hammering form, and put solid work in. I gained 10 pounds from my lightest weight the first week to my heaviest this week. As of 3 weeks ago I had only gained 4-5 pounds. I believe I am holding more water weight from increased creatine intake and adding in the natadrol, in addition to carrying more food and water weight from upping my diet. I can still see my abs although I do notice a slight increase in lower belly fat. It is nothing I am worried about. I believe once my upper back is completely healed I will be able to push myself more and make more progress in the bench and squat. I would like to see how my numbers increase on this stack over the next 2 months.

8. Well... today was NOT a PR, killed it, awesome day. It was one of those tired, grueling, back breaking, test of will kind of days. Started out with something that hindered me starting my lifts on time and I ended up getting warm and then waiting 20+ minutes to even get into my working sets, about an hour after my PWO. not only did it mess me up physically, but also mentally. I wasn't feel top dog today anyways, but this didn't help. No excuses. Worked up to 440, and only got it for 5 reps. I was pissed so I did it for an extra set and got 5 again. I can pound 455x7, so 440x5 is garbage. Not a bad lift by any means but not my best. I worked in some solid strict form bi work, some lat pull downs, back extension, and killed my abs. I made up for it.

Weight still holding at 193.

9. Some days getting in and getting work done is the best you can do. I like to push my assistance harder when I don't stack up to my expectations.
    Training log:

10. ^Good call

some days judt going thru the motions leaves me feeling a sense of disappointment/already stoking the fire to up my game next time

11. The weight just felt HEAVY. 225 felt heavy. I was pushing hard, just something was wrong. I did hit legs hard for the first time in almost a month, back squatting again, on friday. I think maybe I was just worn out from hitting a 1 RM on squat and some hard work sets and that might have had me weak/tired. I'm sure I will be back at it next week. Just a bummer having an off day. But I know I can't have PRs everyday, and that the solid work on off days still brings improvement. Thanks for the kind words guys. You're definitely right.

12. Had some pain in where my delts/traps connect in the general shoulder area... Might need to back off the overhead work a tad bit. Had to back off a little on the over head assistance but made up for it with my back work and cable flys.

BW down to 189.5 today... thank goodness. I thought I was gona turn into a balloon. I worked outside all day yesterday and didn't eat quite as much as usual. That probably has something to do with it. Next few weeks will be less food overall but more clean and quality meals.

13. Look, a full update today. I want you guys to check my depth on my squats. The last set was definitely my most shallow set. Keep in mind that The camera is at head height looking down. Looking at myself I am pretty sure these were the deepest squats over 300 I have ever done, and the pain in my quads agrees. I love it. Less weight but I am doing it right and I can feel it. I played with a wider stance today. I need new shoes, mine have too much height at the heel.

D4W2C5 Squat BW 192.5

Squat - barx 7 atg, 135x5 atg, 225x2 250x3 (DEEP) 275x3, 320x3, 225x 3(test),7(work) both barefoot

Leg press (accelerate through reps aka sam byrd squat tech on squats and LP) - 310x7,7,7 400x7,7

Leg curl- 110x8,8,10,8,8

Arms Supersets - DB skullcrushers and seated DB curls - 25x7+5"Js"w 35x7, 25x13 w/ 35x10
    OH cable pushdowns and preacher curls - 12x12,55x12, 12x20, 55x19

Abs - weighted situps on decline bench - 25x20, 45x12

My squats blow. First rep was pretty good I'd say then I started to half goodmorning it because my legs are weak little ***** twigs. I think new shoes should help. I did a few barefoot sets and felt MUCH more stable.

14. Yup kick those shoes off. You need a stable sole (chucks, addidas sambas, whatever chuck knockoff, pending stance-oly shoes)

Your knees are the first part to move. Try sitting back with your hips, opening them and your knees up.

As for depth, was kinda hard to tell. Could possibly pass in comp. Might be a tad shy.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

15. Hello.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

16. I know looked shallow as heck in the vid, I wish the person would have held the camera level. I think it was just borderline for passing, surely not too deep. Thanks sean. I did try to sit back more but I feel like my ankles lock up and I think that is partly because of the shoe I am wearing tilting my whole body forward, I run out of flexibility. I am gona work on stretching my ankles too to increase mobility.

I did work on opening my knees and with a wider stance today and trying to sit back. Felt really good til I hit that heavy set and the weight just felt too far forward. I also didn't focus on opening my hips and knees when pushing on the way back up. I hate when my hips rise by themselves at the bottom of the rep when I try to come up. Obviously weak quads and just bad form/mechanics on my part.

I am gona try to open up more and start doing light squats just for form work on my DL days. max of 225 for weight on those days. Today the cues I focused on were sitting back, neutral head/packed neck, drive through the heels and push with the quads. I needed to keep my chest a little bigger. This is only the second time I have squated in the past 5 weeks so I feel like form and weight will come back with time as I focus on the movement more.

I'll be taking squat notes from you and some of the other guys this week and watching some good vids to focus. I changed my hand and elbow placement and it has helped my back pain and stability a ton up top. I just need to get the right shoes and get comfy down low and get used to sitting back and my hips/knees opening.

I actually almost fell back warming up w/ 225 I was exaggerating the "sit back" so much. had to step back and catch myself.

How vertical should my shins stay? I feel like I get a ton of angle there. Also I know low bar is gona get my more angle and bend at my back, would I be better off trying high bar or stick with low and just keep practicing form with a little less weight while I get the hang of getting in the hole and getting to full depth.

Thanks again for the tips man.

Hi swan!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Yup kick those shoes off. You need a stable sole (chucks, addidas sambas, whatever chuck knockoff, pending stance-oly shoes)

Your knees are the first part to move. Try sitting back with your hips, opening them and your knees up.

As for depth, was kinda hard to tell. Could possibly pass in comp. Might be a tad shy.
    I was going to say something about the shoes too, I wear a pair of Adidas that are essentially chuck taylors, but leather. Definitely help me with deadlift and squat compared to my running shoes.

I thought the form looked great though, lol
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.

18. If new shoes help my dead I will be pulling insane numbers, lol.

I will be looking for shoes.

19. Honestly thought your form would be much worse based on how much you wrote about it.

Depth wasn't too bad, especially considering you are working on it. Like mentioned arch that lower back, push the hips back, then shove your knees out as you go down. It is hard to tell from the side, but pointing the toes out slightly could help with the knee tracking when you push them out on the descent.

Definitely get some stable shoes. Idc if they are flat soled or Oly shoes, but I will never be able to go back to anything that isn't super stable anymore on squats. I love how "secure" my feet feel when in some better shoes and it radiates up and makes locking in form easier when you aren't worried about your feet.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science:

20. Thanks for the critique man. Yeah I like to go hard on myself haha. I do have trouble getting my back arched. I can keep it flat forever but aching is hard because of the crap I injured a few years ago it doesn't like to cooperate. I really need to work on mobility and just get healthy so I can do it though instead of just letting it go. Definitely something to address. Toes were out a little but I am still playing with the stance.

21. Day 1 week 3 cycle 5. Bench. Weight 185(real) at home scale, 193(normal weighing) at gym.

Had to bench in the power rack because some jack hole and his kid were doing BP super setted with db curls for 30 minutes w/ 115 and 25s...

Bench- barX12,10, 135x10,5, 215x5, 245x3, 275x3+1(need a spot on 4th)

DB bench - 70x5, 90x5, 100x7,4, 85x8

cable fly- 3x10,10,(double) 8,8,8 (singles)

BB row 135 fast reps OHx7,10, UH 10,15, pullupsx5

DB skulls -35x8,7,7 25x7,8 (becoming my new fav. tri exercise)

All in all a great workout... back hurt like hell yesterday and today, so I was surprised I put together such a good bench workout. That's my current PR for a triple, and the triple was easy. I should have got the fourth but I was doing slow reps. Not as slow as a pause but, to the chest, touch, explode. zero back arch. My old PR for a triple was 285. So I am getting close.

I'm pulling 465 for a ton of reps tomorrow... I WILL. already mentally prepping myself to kill it. I felt amazing today once I got in the gym. Bench felt lighttttt. I think the natty/ghen is finally kicking in. Put down some steak and taters tonight w/ a shake for diner. Awh yeah. steak for breakfast tomorrow too.

22. Nice session man. I hate having to use the lower rack to bench. Happened to me last night.

Gun be some strong pulls brother
    Training Log
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

23. Yep. I was going to do my working sets on the regular bench and just warm up, but they were there when I got there and were still on it even after all my sets... so whatever. If I would have benched bad I prob. would be more pissed.

Thanks! Yeah I am hoping. I am working outside on my jeep all day so hopefully don't get too tired out. It's a hot one.

24. New 5/3/1 ebook out today.

25. buying it

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    buying it
    Scribd it! Wife has my wallet in her purse and I can't use Paypal.

27. Ill have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up man. Off to kill deads.

28. Legit weight 184.8 at home. Well see what the gym scale says.

29. Day 2 week 3 cycle 5 Deads BW - 190

Dead - barx4, 135x3, 225x3, 320x1, 370x5, 410x3, 465x6

Back xtn - 150x10,10,10,10,10

Core - leg lifts - 15,15,15
    sit up +25lbs - 15,20

Bis- Preacher = 65x10,12,15

Some of my weights are funny because not all of our "45" plates are that weight. They range from 44 to 51 and were individually weighed. This is stupid because if I load up 4 45s that actually weight 50, I ended up with 20 extra pounds. So you will see numbers like 410 instead of 405 taking in account of these off-plates.

Dead vid coming in a bit. I wanted 7. 6 was alright. I was working on my stance as I have felt off lately. I didn't eat right today, overslept, then worked outside and did a bit of welding in jeans and 85 degree temps. I may have been a little dehydrated. Overall a good workout and I am happy. I did feel off at the start of my DL but put that out of my head and just hit my set. Watching the vid of my form rep 2 was the best If I remember correctly, but my toes were just barely too narrow. Stance was about perfect width wise. I need a little more neutral head. And more leg drive. My quads are still sore and tight as hell from squating friday... once I am back used to squating again my deadlift should bump back up a little and be more productive as far as gains. I feel like adding that movement back has bad short term affects on DL but in the long run obviously carries over.

Skip to 2:20 if it hasn't finished trimming yet:

30. Just something to look at.

Compare the beginning of 0:02 and watch throughout 0:03 until the bar breaks the floor. Then at 0:04 you leave your back to do a lot more work. I saw that on most the reps. You can see yourself round (between 2-3sec). You definetly have the tightness but then loose it at the last second. Not terrible. Def big weight to be repping. But that's what I observed. Bet I'd you tightnes up your PKC you'd be pulling that weight up a lot easier. Like you said, you realized the first rep was the worst of them, which is the one I noticed that issue with the most.

Good liftin bub.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Doc getting huge with Xcel and EBF!
    By DocBrown in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  2. Something to stack with Erase and DAA
    By BigGame84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
  3. Getting lean with the help of USPLabs and PES
    By Jonbero in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37