Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

Page 7 of 72 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Depth was right there, bud. Keep that chest up. Try to open the hips and get those knees out, that's what will keep your torso upright. Drive your head into the bar out of the hole, too.
    I was trying. The more I pushed my chest out the more my muscle cramped back there. I have been opening my knees and hips more each workout. My knees don't like it but they will learn the movement. I focused on pushing knees out on the way back up and it helped a lot. I like my hand and elbow placement a lot better now than before but still a little painful. Thanks for the advice man. It's definitely a work in progress.

Napalm, definitely man. And glad to have ya. It's actually a lot less than normal if you check out my older vids.

Sean, I'm working on getting wider and more open each workout. Just how wide should I be? I'm a bit wider than normal. I was keep knees tracking over feet. So to go wider my stance needs to go wider right? I agree opening my hips will let me sit down and back a lot better I believe.

I did switch the Shoes up today and it seemed to help. They could still be better though.

Thanks for the homo comments swan

About 1/3 of the way through my natty/ghen. Sad they quit making them both... I had more dreams the other night than I have had in the last year. Sleep has been awesome. I feel a little bit more aggressive and angry as well but have been trying to focus that in the gym only. I started getting the daily pumps I used to get a few days ago where my whole body just felt blown up all day. It's about to really kick in I think.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._supreme_squat

Video under tip 1. Wider stance is actually more difficult for me to spread my knees.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I feel like I hit midrange between those two pics. Ill read that tonight. Definitely keep working on knees out and opening hips.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

pic 1, depth is shallow but a good visual. pic 2 is good. you'll get it
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think that was an issue I had on Monday, I widened my feet out with the wraps and had issues spreading my knees.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

double that miniband around your knees and do some bodyweight squats
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    double that miniband around your knees and do some bodyweight squats
    I should definitely try that. Thanks for the tip.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I've been having success pushing my knees outside of my feet of late. Don't limit yourself, just push knees out hard. Do the monster band walks, band squats, band sumo pulls, all of that.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I have bad knees so that always worries me... But I will do it. Sean I meant the knee placement pics but I know what you are saying. Good stuff. I need to focus on staying stabil and strong into the hole, and keep my hips back and open but not let my back come down into the GM thing. I am used to lifting with my back from deads and I think that is working into squats and I need to stop that.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

That will be more comfortable on your knees than it is now
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I have bad knees so that always worries me... But I will do it. Sean I meant the knee placement pics but I know what you are saying. Good stuff. I need to focus on staying stabil and strong into the hole, and keep my hips back and open but not let my back come down into the GM thing. I am used to lifting with my back from deads and I think that is working into squats and I need to stop that.
    I have bad anterior knee pain, and jacking my knees out to the side saves them a lot. You'll get it. Another thing that should help your upper back is JTS's "Breathing 101" or something of that nature. It's on Chad Smith's youtubes.
    Training log:
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I have bad anterior knee pain, and jacking my knees out to the side saves them a lot. You'll get it. Another thing that should help your upper back is JTS's "Breathing 101" or something of that nature. It's on Chad Smith's youtubes.
    I like the sound of that. I'll have to check it out. I just need to heal but I don't want to cut out OH work or squats again... OH work is what causes most rhomboid injuries and I can tell it hurts a lot more after I do press every week.

That will be more comfortable on your knees than it is now
    Good to hear. Maybe once I nail this form down I can be a monster squatter like you

"One day when I grow up I want to squat like you".
  13. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Personally I feel a little more comfortable with a slightly more toe out angle than in those pics when I shove my knees out.

I think your depth looks solid on most of those reps tho. Keep working on the little things and you'll have that proper depth engrained soon enough.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Thanks my man!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

When I go for a max dead at the end of all this, do I go for 575 or 600... Thoughts?

My back feels like heal. F OHP and squats. So much cracking popping sore tense crap going on.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Back is still sore AF. I weed whacked about 4 hours this weekend. Worked on my jeep. Played some volleyball and overall didnt help my body heal at all. It's time for a Deload but I don't want one. I am thinking something like big and boring today. Deload my overhead press and see how I feel for squats but I think 225 should be manageable which is what I have planned. Tomorrow on DL I'm supposed to hit 425x5+ which will probably end up being 10. I was thinking 3 sets of 315 for 7 instead. But maybe ill wait til I get to the gym tues and decide. Pulling doesn't seem to Bother my back so I should probably just stick with it. I think I need to alter my overhead work for a month or so and just hit all bench and assistance flat or decline on that day. Squats just watch form and keep it lighter with high reps. And be smart.

That said I need to start planning what I want to max. My squat I don't care I want to keep working rep work. DL and bench I want to see where I'm at. I can't do that semi injured. So I think a real Deload after this cycle is due. But if I don't ill hit maxes on the last week of my natadrol. If I do Deload it will be right after I stop. So right now I'm looking at another 6 weeks until maxes. I want to do 305/315 on bench and 575/600 DL based on how I feel that day and over the next 6 weeks. I haven't maxed in like 2 months (4 for bench) so these maxes will be due. I've been nailing rep PRs left and right. I want to see a legit 405 squat by winter and 450 by spring, Long term. 650 DL by spring and 350 bench. That would be a modest 1450 raw at 181 or 198. I also need to find a reasonable meet for me to start competing sometime soon as well as pick up a leather belt.

Lately my thumb has been bothering me. Dislocated 2 years ago and it acts up sometimes w my grip. Something I'm trying to keep an eye on.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Anyone who cares:
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

How do you drive it like that?
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    How do you drive it like that?
    Not very far.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

There are a lot of meets out east, I'd say get healthy, get a 6-12 week cycle in, and get on that platform!
    Training log:
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

There are a lot of meets out east, I'd say get healthy, get a 6-12 week cycle in, and get on that platform!
    I'm down with that plan. I need to polish my squat up now that I am using real form and get healthy like you said. Anyways woke up today at 4:30 and headed to work. 8 hours later came home, worked on the jeep. I crapped like 5 times today pre-WO... WTF. anyways, gym time. I popped 4 Ibuprofen, heated, meshed, got a hot shower and headed to the gym. Felt eh, warmed up fast.

D1W1C5 Bench BW- 192.5

Bench - 135x5, 190x5, 225x5, 250x7(8 w/spot), 5, 5. 225x5 135x7,10

DB skulls (best tri pump ever) 35x7, 30x12,10,7

Single cable chest fly - 3x10,10,15

Fascia stretch pecs

Row machine- 150x 10 vert handle, 7 horiz. handle, 10 vert

I'm stupid with pull up chins ups so I call them overhand and underhand...

UHx5, OHx10, insane bi pumps. Arms and chest were dead. I figured out I am pulling my arms/shoulder blades up too high under fatigue and need to keep them wrapped down around my back and in, use my lats at cushion on the way down, and explode with my chest to start and finish with the tris. Whole body tension etc. I didn't get vid but will next week or else thurs if I do light bench instead of OHP.

Focusing on eating cleaner and leaner although I don't think I gained much fat. We had a pig roast sunday and I ate a ton... I think I am still carrying food weight. Tons of sugar/cards/junk, pork, desert, etc.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Getting ready to lift.... Co worker got hurt I got calls in to work... At the gym. So I brought my stuff and here I am. Gona kill it around 4:30 or 5. Hopefully it stays dead like it is. I'm supposed to pull today. Probably stick to my reps today.. Maybe I might try and do all my pulls 100% raw no straps. Maybe no belt. Probably belt though.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Crappy workout. Wasn't feeling it and lifted way later than usual because of work. Wasn't focused. Back hurt where it's been bothering me. I hit warm ups, 315x5 375x5 and 425x1. Was gona do rack pulls instead of reps of the heavy set but 500 wouldn't move. Finished with back extension and quick abs and I decided Im gona take my Deload and start back next Thursday. Do a week from today with all light weight 3 sets and stretching. Tight form etc. I need to heal.

That all said my pulls were alt grip which was uncomfortable because I never do it. May have thrown me off a bit. Grip was good though!

Wore different shoes which may have hurt me. I dunno. Well see in two weeks.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Alternating grip was weird to get used to at first for sure. I will go a couple reps then switch hands. I.still can't quite get the hang of hook grip

How often do you use straps?

Have you tried pulling barefoot?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Alternating grip was weird to get used to at first for sure. I will go a couple reps then switch hands. I.still can't quite get the hang of hook grip

How often do you use straps?

Have you tried pulling barefoot?
    I never do it. I pull overhand. I can handle 450-500 over hand no straps but haven't ever maxed. I used straps almost every workout for my heavy set and sometimes my medium set of 5-3-1. Grip is fine but when I'm on my last rep of a heavy set like 6 of 465 last week, I want to finish the lift not lose grip. I just need practice with alternate.

I haven't pulled barefoot is years. I actually like a heeled shoes for deads and flat for squat. I wore my shoes I squat in today to try them out and hated it. I've tried them before and thought it was just a bad day but it's been consistent.

I most likely just need my Deload and to not be stubborn. I'm human and nursing am injury. Lol.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Let that back heal dude. I want to see you pull 600.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Let that back heal dude. I want to see you pull 600.
    So do I!
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

Subd
    Training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254917-5-3-1-a.html
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Nice little deload workout.

warm up
    OHP barx7,7, 95x5,3,1
    Bench - 135x7, 185x5,3,1
    Chin up - 7 paused top/bottom, 5, 3
    push ups - 20, 15, 10
    db SK - 25x7,5,3
    absx20
    Stretch

All the drop sets were roughly 30 second breaks give or take. Felt really good. I did a ton of stretching last night, low back, hips, groin, glutes, quads, calves, ankles, neck, shoulders. Felt nice today. I am gona try and keep up a half hour of stretching every morning/night roughly. I also meshed a good bit last night and some today pre and post workout.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Happy Independence Day guys! Have a good one.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Happy Independence Day guys! Have a good one.
    Happy 4th brother! Have fun!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Enjoy the holiday brother!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I am enjoying it... our big picnic is tomorrow. So I spent this afternoon getting sunburnt and welding... lol. I hate being a pale scotish descended man.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Working 5-1 again today. Going to do some very lofty squats at some point. I didn't mention it Friday but my back, low thoracic, when squatting. I'm betting its because I never squat that low. You guys saw my sets I recorded and my back and form looked fine. I'm thinking I just had some bound up/frozen verts and they are gona loosen up now. Which I have had my back locked up pretty tight for a few months now. This could be a good thing. The pain isn't bad or severe. It's weird more than anything. Almost sickening and deep in my back that I know it's not muscular. I have felt a lot looser the past few days and seem to be getting some increased flexibility in my mid back.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Have you ever done the thoracic extensions on a foam roller/PVC? Those might help. Sit on the floor, put the foam roller under your back, and touch your shoulder blades to the floor. Pick them up, move the foam roller toward your head and repeat indefinitely.
    Training log:
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Have you ever done the thoracic extensions on a foam roller/PVC? Those might help. Sit on the floor, put the foam roller under your back, and touch your shoulder blades to the floor. Pick them up, move the foam roller toward your head and repeat indefinitely.
    You ol' Supple Leapord, you
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I've been soon those in a slightly different variation for a few weeks now. Other thing is I stretched a ton the other night. Woke up with more tight/sore muscles than in a while. I think I aggravated some underlying issues.

Btw my friend who "squats" 405 for reps is doing 225 and now 315 for quarter reps.... Ah yeah. You wish buddy.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Got pork?
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

You ol' Supple Leapord, you
    ;-)
    Training log:
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Deload. Squats. BW 193

squat - barx7, 135x5,7 185x3,3,3,3,3 All ATG

core - leg up - 20,15, sit up-25

Preacher curl - 55x10,10

db curl 35x7

Chilled today and caught up with an old friend. Squats were real good. focus on form.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Doc getting huge with Xcel and EBF!
    By DocBrown in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 01:28 PM
  2. Something to stack with Erase and DAA
    By BigGame84 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Getting lean with the help of USPLabs and PES
    By Jonbero in forum Supplement Logs