Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the purpose of having a heels down only press?
The way some feds do things. Some feds have a squat command, others don't so that the unlimited gear guys don't have to waste an attempt if they tip over on a bad unrack. Some feds have three commands for the bench press, and don't let your head come off the bench. Some feds won't switch bars mid-meet. You just have to pick a Fed that lifts the way you want to.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some let your feet slide, some don't. Dumb.

Country, you bench in your Oly shoes already? If not, then that may help.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I do Sean.

I have okay dorsiflexion but long legs and a low bench usually screw me and I have to bring my legs/stance out a little wider to adjust. Not a big deal just a change ill have to make. My leg drive sucks right now anyways so it probably won't affect me much.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I do Sean.

I have okay dorsiflexion but long legs and a low bench usually screw me and I have to bring my legs/stance out a little wider to adjust. Not a big deal just a change ill have to make. My leg drive sucks right now anyways so it probably won't affect me much.
I have very mediocre dorsiflexion, but wrapping the ankle with a knee wrap and manipulating it Pretty aggressively before training these last few weeks has helped a ton especially on pulls. Even without that, I think oly shoes are just better for flat foot benching. And squatting, depending on your preference.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doing all three in my oly shoes but am Gona take a run at pulling in a flatter shoe again after this meet. I hated pulling in chucks.

Ill try out mobilizing the ankles a bit especially since ill probably lift in this fed again. Good tip.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have some kind of terrible cold so I'm trying to get over that. Didn't do anything today. Gona stretch here and do some mobility. Maybe light chest tomorrow if I feel better.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Commands and form work with 135 on all three tonight. Mobility, machine, scraping adhesions etc. still got the tail end of some cold or something that kicked my butt. Weight is right at 196. Can't wait for Saturday.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't believe Jesse did that 2015 without wraps at 198. Absolutely awesome.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well tomorrow is meet day. The other guy who was doing the full dropped out, I guess he just hurt his shoulder somehow last night which sucks. The other 4 guys from my gym are going. Sherm is only benching as usually. Bill has the torn ham healing up so still stuck bench only. And his son and Sherms nephew are both doing bench, we are starting them on squats and deadlifts in 2015.

I feel pretty good, feeding an hydrating today and keeping warm and loose. Getting my head focused. Being sick this past week really messed me up as far as meet prep and just not feeling good. I'm rested though.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Well tomorrow is meet day. The other guy who was doing the full dropped out, I guess he just hurt his shoulder somehow last night which sucks. The other 4 guys from my gym are going. Sherm is only benching as usually. Bill has the torn ham healing up so still stuck bench only. And his son and Sherms nephew are both doing bench, we are starting them on squats and deadlifts in 2015.

I feel pretty good, feeding an hydrating today and keeping warm and loose. Getting my head focused. Being sick this past week really messed me up as far as meet prep and just not feeling good. I'm rested though.
Best of luck to ya brother - Kill dat sheeeeeit!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make it happen, buddy.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Feel good right now. Hope I didn't gain too much weight being sick and laying around. I'm ready to go. Bed time soon. On the road at 6:15.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Scales heavy. 199.4. Need to drop .9 by 9

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lifting with the 220s today. They have a crappy bathroom floor on an uneven floor. Weighs around 3 pounds heavier than the calibrated one we use back home.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll still likely be very competitive in that class

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
445 good 3/3. Went a little conservative and left a few pounds on the bar. Warm up for bench.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/3 295 good. 300 no go on the chest my shoulder was burnt out and didn't wana grind it. I'm fine w that. Warm up for deads.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/3 on deads 525 565 good, 590 I quit because my hand issue and caught my knee sleeve. Dropping those for the next meet. 565 was cake. Full power meets definitely take a lot more energy. Overall I'm happy with today and know what to change and improve for next time.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1305 total and def left some on the board. Second best total of all lifters. Best was 1365 at 308. I had the second best dead and squat and was 10 pounds short on best squat and dead should have had my pull and could have gone heavier on squats. Bench sucks lol.

Gona work on some rep volume style for a few months an build my lifts up. I had a crappy prep for this meet being sick and could have change a lot. Overall I'm happy with my first full power meet and also a squat PR and my shoulder is holding up to benching! Time to build.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Great job country!!!!!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Hand is bruising up pretty good already. Just got a big meal at Cracker Barrel though with everyone. Def Gona get a doc to see about my hand now. Was in pain after 565 but it just shut me down on 590. Flew off the floor though. Not a bad total for my first meet especially all things considered being sick and my hand. Can't wait to do another, had a ton of fun, but want to get some training in and improve in the areas I learned from today and get healthy. Again thanks for all the support and encouragement. The guys on this forum are great.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One other guy missed weight today and 2 others were super close so it wasn't only me. I had 3 other people ask me about it too. Ah we'll didn't make a difference.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on your first total, man! A good place to start!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work man.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally got to see vid of my last pull. I buried the bar into my knee sleeves and it just dead stopped. I was going to take them off but decided not too. Lesson learned...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My fat ass could pull in sleeves because the bar never really gets in close to me. You, on the other hand... should've said something to you about it, I'm sorry for that.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My fat ass could pull in sleeves because the bar never really gets in close to me. You, on the other hand... should've said something to you about it, I'm sorry for that.
It's my own fault for not taking them off. I told myself I wanted to remove them. Told my team I was Gona take them off. What did I do? I left them on. Can't blame anyone but myself.

I ate about 5k calories last night between 3 and 9, chugged some water then slept for 12 hours. A bit sore and some pain behind my left knee and traps are pretty sore but no major DOMs yet. Gona plan out my 5/3/1 cycles based on this meet and tailor the program for me a little bit plus plan some other changes and resume serious training Monday next week.

I'm really happy with my squat because honestly they all felt light and I was amazed. Form didn't feel like it broke down and I had no issue with depth. I am Gona keep improving form and keeping my hips under me so I don't get into that compromised middle position I do when my butt pops out at times.

Bench I got to 295 and my shoulder doesn't hurt today. I count that as a win.

Deadlift has been a little stagnant, and I need to drop the sleeves and do some base building and form focused work for a few months and then peak with the heavy stuff for the next meet. My strength is there for 600, my technique is breaking down and is not there.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Sounds like u got a good plan

If I were u I'd hold off a week and get into anything too heavy I made that mistake I thought I was good and hit it hard the that following week and man was I hurting bad

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job at the meet Country.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like u got a good plan

If I were u I'd hold off a week and get into anything too heavy I made that mistake I thought I was good and hit it hard the that following week and man was I hurting bad
Definitely. Monday next week not tomorrow! Need a nice break.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good job at your meet, Country. Now it's time to build and come back and smash a big meet PR.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Are u alive I know u are cause I see that u were out cruising

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, I'm alive. School and training still.