Country Gets HUGE with 5-3-1, Erase and DAA.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4 W1 C3 Squat BW - 182.2 (no food/glass milk and a mini muffin... lol)

Squat - barx7 137x7, 225x3, all explosive. Some mobile stretching between to get warm. I'm always weak and cold in the morning but I had to lift in the AM today.

250x5, 290x5 (both deep and explosive, some of the best squats I have ever put out) 330x5. This was a struggle. Squeezed #5 out.

Leg press - 410x10,10,10,10,10 (nearly threw up on these, so heavy, fast intensity, like 2 min breaks)

Leg curl - 90x10,10,10,10,10 (these felt great, I think my sprints are really strengthening my hams.

Abs - 15 leg lifts+20 sit ups, (on decline bench), 12+20.

Stretchout. Low back/left SI, where my injury was, has been really painful and tight since deadlifting 2 weeks ago. Gona work on getting that taken care of.

Overall a good workout. legs were vascular as hell, I felt strong despite it being the AM. those squats were perfect form, despite my back getting a little low on the last few reps. If it were the afternoon I would have crushed like 7+ I feel like.

I did hit some carbs late last night because I knew I would be lifting AM with little breakfast. Turns out I barely woke up for my 8am class.

2 caps erase left. I did 1 AM 1 Pre WO because I didnt wana take 3 w/ in 2 hours of eachother. I will take 2 tomorrow AM to finish them off. or 1 this afternoon and 1 tomorrow AM. I have DAA for another week or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGJoP8e0n7E

I really killed my first two sets, so I might have lost some there, plus no spotter. I was gona go for 1 more if I had a spotter, but he was shooting the video... lol. Oh well. I definitely feel like squating is the most challenging of the lifts for 5-3-1 to keep up with, I just have strong 1 rep strength in my legs I guess. I need to build more volume, but 5-3-1 should work that out on it's own.

1 question, what happens if I do start getting behind. I just stay at the same working max?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good man. Those workouts are on point as well. I'm pretty sure if you get stuck you start the cycle over again.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The whole cycle? What if all the other lifts I can kill, but just one is holding me up. Would I only start the cycle over for that day, or for everything? What counts as "stuck". All questions I need to answer, but have no time for thanks to finals. lol.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only had one run with a similar program but it was mad cow so I can't tell you honestly. Google it!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do. Like I said I think I can put out more in the afternoon after 2 good meals are in me, so I might just have to workout at the right times to keep growing. Otherwise I am really happy with the leg progress I have made since I have reformed my squats and those look 100x better than they used to.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waiting on that squat critque :box:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just watched. That depth won't count for competition unfortunately, though its still deeper than most people do in the gym. Looks like towards the end you had a bit of lean and you tried to "good morning" it up slightly.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's what I have been saying. I squat with a much narrower stance than you powerlifters do, and I feel like I can't hit any lower without the back dropping. I could start working on a new stance, but as far as my goals I don't really see it. Also you know I don't PL but have considered it... stuff like this is why I haven't yet. Still a lot to learn and a lot of progress to make. What would you suggest to work on? I feel like I hit parallel, what was bad about it from your stand point?

I have thought about bringing the knees out wider, but I feel like I get the most quad activation and less knee/hip pain over time with the stance I use now. I am always open to try new things though, especially if they are likely to benefit me.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I squat just as narrow as you bud. Open your knees up to get your belly between your thighs.

Bad competion depth, ya gotta be below the knee in competition

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I had the skill I would put a "how you doin?" caption in the side view pic lol.

Solid work in here man. I also squat in an athletic narrow stance. Sean is right on in pushing out with your legs. I also try and push my butt back while keeping chest straight. I'm still working at it but it helps to get low enough. That or some TNG low box squats could possibly help get a depth perception.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I had the skill I would put a "how you doin?" caption in the side view pic lol.

Solid work in here man. I also squat in an athletic narrow stance. Sean is right on in pushing out with your legs. I also try and push my butt back while keeping chest straight. I'm still working at it but it helps to get low enough. That or some TNG low box squats could possibly help get a depth perception.
Haha I'm glad you don't. I feel like I need to do more of a low back squat and that the weight just gets out over me too much. But because I have that trap/rhomboid issue it's more comfortable to do high back. I will work on opening my knees up but my back still doesn't work right. I mean I basically destroyed the entire left side of my SI which bears all the weight of the squat. Lol.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vid wasn't too bad. It would be helpful to get a front view as well to see stuff like the knees caving in, etc.

Overall, depth could be better, but was just above what would be needed for competition. I feel your overall "tightness" is what seemed needing the most work. This was apparent in some of your lean as the fatigue of the set creeped in but overall not too shabby. I'd start with working on really getting a tight set up on the back when you first take the bar and the guys in here already hit some other nice points as well. :)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the further input guys. I think the first thing I need to do is go to the doc and figure out if my back issue is disc related or muscular, and address it. I can't get comfortable under the bar Until then. As far as knees, They are really steady. I will get you a shot if I can, but there isn't a place for the camera in front at the gym unless you guys want a close up of my nuts when I am racking. I point my toes about about 5-10 degrees and the knees follow the point of my toes and keep in line. I will work on staying tighter, obviously on my heaviest set my form is gona break down a little towards my end. On a 1 rep max I wouldn't have any of the break down, ideally. I played around with my stance, grip, bar position etc today between GM's and couldn't really get comfortable. My back it tight and hurting like a MOFO today.

I actually had a solid workout. I need to update which I will do later tonight.

Again thanks for all the constructive criticism guys. It's hard to judge yourself on form, especially when you can't see what your doing (other than the odd video). I feel like between my bad left hammy and bad left lower back, my body just needs worked to support the weight my legs can actually handle. So I will be hammering the accessories and trying to get my low back and hams up to par.

So the erase is all gone, a little bit of DAA left, and it's finals week. Lots of stress. lol. Still good workouts so far.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay yesterday bench, d1w2c3, BW 183,

Bench - 135x10, 195x3, 225x3, 250x6

Floor Bench - 135x5, 225x12, 10

Incline DB - 80x9,9,9

Bent BB row - 135x12, 185x12,20

Tri cable OH pushdown - 8x10, 10x10, 12x10, 8x15

Today Deads, BW 183.4

dead - 135x5,5 225x5, 330x3, 375x3, 425x7

GM - 135x7,7,7

leg lifts - 15,15,15
Abs - situps on decline - 20

DB curl - 45x7, 65x2 (good) 55x5, BBx10 slow, hard contract.

stretch.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty impressive numbers on them there deads buddy.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit arms yesterday, needed a break from studying for finals. I was also going to run sprints but we got a thunderstorm on my way to the gym.

DB preacher curl - 35x10, 40x7,7

BB buddy curl - 1 up to 7 down to 1, w/ 65 pounds.

focus curl - 65x10

DB skulls - 25x7+4Js, 30x7+4Js, 35x10+5Js

tri rope push down - 6x10, 8x10, 10x7

cable kickbacks - 2x10,10,10

steady state cardio, 10 mins @ 2.5 then 3 mph, full incline (15*). 100 cals burnt.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
D3W2C3 OHP BW - 185.2

OHP - 45x7 + lots of stretching, 100x3, 115x3, 130x7

DB single standing press - 50x7, 60x7, 50x7

cable fly (single) 4x7,7,7,10 (double) 5x10

chin/pull ups - wide ohx7, reg ohx7, uhx7 (all SS together w/ partner) then neutral grip behind head x7, then 4 "around the worlds"

stretch, eat.

Weight is up, last two days have been the heaviest I have been in over a year. Strength feels good. My tris were weak today because of arms yeterday, but not too bad. nice chest pump.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the 531 programming I think you just reset what isn't progressing.

Very nice deadlift numbers.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the 531 programming I think you just reset what isn't progressing.

Very nice deadlift numbers.
Thanks man. I just about missed my squat yesterday, but was feeling really weak. Not sure why. Might leave squat alone as far as training max.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pulled 550 today. New PR. Haven't had a PH in me in for months, and haven't touched anything other then protein, creatine (about 5g a week) and Condense since erase/DAA ended. A little fenugreek and stinging nettle but only the past 2 days since I found them in my stash.

body weight is right around 185. I was 186.5 today with shorts/sweats, phone shoes etc.

I probably won't be logging much anymore before I feel like it was more a waste of time than anything, and my time is better spent reading than posting, or actually training. Life is busy. I will be posting around and updating, but not regularly. Still w/ 5-3-1. After my deload, my back issue has felt a little better. I have really been working at healing it.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. 3 times body weight on that pull, finally got to my goal. Time to focus even more on bench and squat.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id like to break my plateau and hit 350 at around 195 in a year or so. Short term I want to get back to 315, my old max and work from there. I'm focusing on growing my tris and getting my form dialed in for now.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I started subbing hack squats in for back squat. Felt some sick activation in my quads and stayed strict. The. Hit heavy weight on leg press as deep as I physically could while getting inside the machine.

I guess I'll cross my fingers and keep taking care of my back. I am almost certain it is a lower trap minor tear. Felt good and the leg sets had my head spinning. I hit 225 for 2 sets of strict 7 reps. Crapped out on the third because I couldn't keep my butt down because legs were shot. They are an awesome exercise for the legs I feel until your legs get tired because form breaks down to equal something like a behind the legs deadlift. Which isn't terrible but not my goal for leg day. Considering how much my dead dwarfs my squat. I plan on healing up, really overhauling my form thanks to some advice here and other places, and coming back into the back squat healthy and ready to smash some PRs. Also plan on running some natadrol and ghenerate later this summer because its cheap, I respond awesome and always make gains. With no sides. Still dropping a load of cash on my wrangler an trying to finish up and prep for a big wheeling weekend trip in July.

Also weight is up to a leanish 187. Leaner than when I left school I feel. My more controlled and healthy diet at home has obviously really helped me gain cleanly.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
270x3 easy on bench yesterday and worked sets up to 100x7 on Db which is good for me. Making progress finally.

Pulled 255x7 today and had more in the tank. Idk why I stopped.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm getting 3 bottles of natty and a Bottle of ghenerate for when I get back from vacation which is next week. It also happens to be my Delia's week so that's perfect. I've never run 3 bottles. I can do 6 a day for 8.5 weeks... Should be unreal. That takes me into August close when I will be headed back to school. I have been seeing awesome gains and thickness over the past month or two all natty... So I can't imagine what's about to go down. I'm excited. Hopefully beast my bench up and get back on the back squat after this Deload.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like natadrol might be hard to get very soon... only 10 left on amazon where I was buying it. I was waiting on a gift card I was supposed to get to clear but was worried so I ordered now... I would order more and stock up if I had more spare cash. I don't like this because natadrol is probably my favorite supp of all time...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
could be time to venture out and try some new stuff...I'm trying xgels out for the first time tomorrow

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will next time around. I do really really good on it. I have tried quite a few other things and never saw results even close. And for the price... 8 weeks for under 70 bucks.

What are these xgels of which you speak? I need to do some reading but it's hard to keep up on everything I do.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So excited for Monday. Have my 5-3-1 tailored and adjusted, going to absorb some methodology and philosophy from the cube and then eventually all out run the program. Natadrol is here. Gona make 1 more order then roll. Have been mentally prepping for better bench and squat technique and I'm hyped. Nothing like going into a training day, week and cycle with a great attitude and mental focus. Lots of rest and food this week on vacation, so I should be ready to kill it.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So excited for Monday. Have my 5-3-1 tailored and adjusted, going to absorb some methodology and philosophy from the cube and then eventually all out run the program. Natadrol is here. Gona make 1 more order then roll. Have been mentally prepping for better bench and squat technique and I'm hyped. Nothing like going into a training day, week and cycle with a great attitude and mental focus. Lots of rest and food this week on vacation, so I should be ready to kill it.
Hell yeah. Sounds like things are going well for you. Keep your head up and lift some heavy stuff.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lookin forward to seein what ya got planned
Minor things for now. Adding in more leg/light squat work on dead days as accessory and adding bench work in on standing Shoulder press day because they are weak. Slightly more volume and hopefully get my sprints in each week, and going to put together some type of make shift sled or do car pulls with a truck and a belt/harness. Well see what I come up with. Want to incorporate some more strong man type lifts for explosiveness. I wish I had better assess to a real sled or a prowler at all.

Hell yeah. Sounds like things are going well for you. Keep your head up and lift some heavy stuff.
That's the plan man! Thanks.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Minor things for now. Adding in more leg/light squat work on dead days as accessory and adding bench work in on standing Shoulder press day because they are weak. Slightly more volume and hopefully get my sprints in each week, and going to put together some type of make shift sled or do car pulls with a truck and a belt/harness. Well see what I come up with. Want to incorporate some more strong man type lifts for explosiveness. I wish I had better assess to a real sled or a prowler at all.
Buy one lol.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buy one lol.
Yeah that requires me not being on a college budget LOL. I really wish. In a few years that would be an option. I have plenty of things to use , and might be able to get ahold of the sleds at my old HS we used for track, at least when I'm home. At school is where it gets tough for me training wise. Even if I could buy one I wouldn't to only use it 3-4 months a year.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Old tires work
I have one of these laying around. Pretty heavy. I'm trying to get some tractor tires for the house from the farm.

Tire would be good for throws and drags to run.

I can probably weld up something to use similar to a prowler if I want.

Belt tied to my jeep pulling it uphill on my driveway sounds fun to. Just gota find someone to ride in it.

Attachments

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pic from about a month ago. I don't upload a lot of pics but this way you guys know I'm not actually wasting away to nothingness behind my keyboard.

I'm looking a little chubby right now but might try and do pics for before and after this little mini log. Will be running 3 bottles natadrol 6x a day split Into 3 doses 2 am 2 pre and 2 at diner. And 1 bottle ghenerate normal dose pre and before bed.

Pics at the end of the 2ish cycles of 5/3/1 or 8/9 weeks or whatever. I feel light I'm over 190 now after this past week. I bulked hard and will continue to do so. Starting to feel sick of food and definitely need to lift to burn some calories up. I'm super motivated to eat and just finish reading the cube so I will hopefully be doing something with that in the future. Gona read it again for sure.

Attachments

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just weighed in since vacation... 192+

I guess eating like I'm lifting without lifting makes a difference... Let the bulk begin.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back when I said I pulled 255x7, I meant 455x7, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCSM9QmC0U

I feel like I will be pulling 575 in my third week, or wait another cycle and go all out for 600 towards the end of my natty depending how I feel... That 550 went up hard in my mind, but went up fast in that video I posted.

I am eating CLEANNNN for the next month at least, but lots of food, to get rid of this nasty bulk fat I may have put on... or to at least clean up a little and get good nutrients/cals from quality food to make the most of the cycle... Just gota be a little more strict with myself.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am trying to decide if I should stop this log or not. I think I will finish it out while I am still on 5-3-1, and start a new one for The Cube stuff when I get there.

Today is bench day. I intend to kill it. Over and over.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 caps natadrol down and felt good.

Hit 245x9 on bench and added a set of 225x10. Not a bad bench day. My spotter said I had another rep on 245 and shouldn't have stopped.

Got some good core and triceps work in after my DB work.

Can't wait to pull tomorrow.

Back felt good til I got home and I have an ache behind my shoulder blade again. Gona keep stretching. Not sure if I will back squat this week or not. I was finally feeling somewhat better today pre workout.

Just downed 140 grams of protein in my lunch. Oh yea.