breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

Page 51 of 230 First ... 4950515253 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    5/15/13

    I'm having a busy day, but enjoying a solid carb up. My muscles didn't look as full as I would've liked after last week's, so I'm upping the carbs a little. I should finish the day having consumed around 550g.

    This morning's back session went well. Strength, focus, and endurance were all on point. I had my first taste of Blue Raspberry OxyELITE ProŽ Super Thermo Powder(TM), which I thought was great. The rest of my supplementation remains the same.

    Meadows Rows
    2 warm-up x8
    100x8
    100x8
    125x8

    -25lb plates used for increased stretch/ROM

    Banded Supported T-Bar Rows (explosive)
    1 warm-up x6
    90x6 (+ band resistance)
    90x6
    90x6
    90x6

    Stretch Pulldowns
    200x8
    200x8
    200x8

    DB Shrug
    120x12
    120x12
    120x12

    -3 sec hold at top (this lights up my traps)

    Explosive Deadlift
    2 warm-up x3
    315x3
    335x3
    355x3
    355x15 (to failure)

    Reeves Deads (slow stretch)
    95x10
    95x10

    Stretchers
    120x10
    120x10
    120x10

    -I threw these in because I had a little extra time. It felt great ending the session with a good stretch.

    HIIT
    12 mins: treadmill
    Are you doing touch and go for that set of deads, or are you resetting each rep
    Either way that's impressive


  2. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Are you doing touch and go for that set of deads, or are you resetting each rep
    Either way that's impressive
    Thanks ace. It was touch and go for most of it. Around the 10th or 11th rep, I had to start slowing down. The last few probably had a 5 sec rest between them. It was awful; high rep deads are the worst lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Screwwwwwww those high rep deadlifts. My best rep max ever was 395x12 and I set it down and left the gym right after that. Never doing that again. You're just the animal that does it at the end of a workout..and then some. More power to ya.

    My short arms can't so Reeve's..I gotta stick with snatch..grip that is
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Thanks ace. It was touch and go for most of it. Around the 10th or 11th rep, I had to start slowing down. The last few probably had a 5 sec rest between them. It was awful; high rep deads are the worst lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Screwwwwwww those high rep deadlifts. My best rep max ever was 395x12 and I set it down and left the gym right after that. Never doing that again. You're just the animal that does it at the end of a workout..and then some
    Yeah I hate High rep deads, especially when I get to touch and go my technique goes to ****.

    Ass and hips shoot up, and then I basically sldl it up

    I find it's better for me to just get reps of five, eight max

  5. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Yeah I hate High rep deads, especially when I get to touch and go my technique goes to ****.

    Ass and hips shoot up, and then I basically sldl it up

    I find it's better for me to just get reps of five, eight max
    I've implemented snatch grips off blocks for reps, they make me their bitch but not as brutal as straight Deads
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Screwwwwwww those high rep deadlifts. My best rep max ever was 395x12 and I set it down and left the gym right after that. Never doing that again. You're just the animal that does it at the end of a workout..and then some. More power to ya.

    My short arms can't so Reeve's..I gotta stick with snatch..grip that is
    Haha I sat there in rough shape for about 5 mins before thinking about doing anything else. I rarely did high rep anything in the past. Meadows routines always seem to have deads, squats, and bench at or towards the end of a workout.

    Lol you could try doing the Meadows variation with a shorter bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Yeah I hate High rep deads, especially when I get to touch and go my technique goes to ****.

    Ass and hips shoot up, and then I basically sldl it up

    I find it's better for me to just get reps of five, eight max
    Yeah, I prefer lower rep as well. I was supposed to end the session with an "annihilator set".
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Thanks ace. It was touch and go for most of it. Around the 10th or 11th rep, I had to start slowing down. The last few probably had a 5 sec rest between them. It was awful; high rep deads are the worst lol.
    Hahaha I have to do this on about the 3rd set of 4x35 rear peck decks every week. I swear that last set takes me 3 minutes it feels like lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    I've implemented snatch grips off blocks for reps, they make me their bitch but not as brutal as straight Deads
    I've done snatch grip pin pulls, but I'd bet the blocks are better, allowing for an even wider grip

  9. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Thanks bud. I can't wait for the beach...I don't care much about showing off my physique though. I worked outside last summer and was the only one that kept their shirt on haha.

    PB Choc is my favorite. Vanilla and C&C were pretty good as well.

    For you or anyone else looking to grab protein, USPlabs OxyELITE Protein™ is being released to the InnerCircle members next Tuesday, May 21st. As always, the deal will be ridiculous.

    You can sign up for the InnerCircle using the link below:

    http://www.usplabsdirect.com/innercircle


    I've been sampling it this week and am thoroughly impressed (as are the other testers). I think the taste and consistency are awesome. It's very creamy and the thickness is exactly what I look for. I think the Milk Chocolate flavor has a creamy cocoa taste, which reminds me of homemade chocolate milk or Nesquick. The Vanilla Ice Cream flavor has an awesome frosting/cake batter taste to it IMO.
    Staying humble, gotta respect that.

    I deleted all my subscriptions and was having a hard time remembering which subforum this one was in haha finally found it.

  10. High rep deads leave me breathless literally and disoriented. Respect for anyone who gets deads at over 8 reps at 300+
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Hahaha I have to do this on about the 3rd set of 4x35 rear peck decks every week. I swear that last set takes me 3 minutes it feels like lol
    Haha yeah, there are a few exercises that feel like they'll never end...incline db swing "destroyer set"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Staying humble, gotta respect that.

    I deleted all my subscriptions and was having a hard time remembering which subforum this one was in haha finally found it.
    Thanks Jiigzz. Physique changes are great, but they're only one of many motivating factors. I just love to train and challenge myself.

    Glad you made your way back. I should probably "clean up" my subscriptions as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post
    High rep deads leave me breathless literally and disoriented. Respect for anyone who gets deads at over 8 reps at 300+
    Thanks fumoney. Yeah, sitting down was a must as soon as I finished. I probably would've went down involuntarily if I didn't lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. It's a beautiful morning and I'm heading to the field for some HIIT.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    It's a beautiful morning and I'm heading to the field for some HIIT.
    It's a gorgeous day, enjoy bro...

    ...should be a good game tonight.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    It's a gorgeous day, enjoy bro...

    ...should be a good game tonight.

    Sure is. It was a sunny 72 degrees when I got to the field.


    Go BRUINS!



    5/16/13

    Here's what I got accomplshed:

    Track
    1 lap: jog
    4 laps: sprint straightaways/jog corners

    Field
    5x 100yd shuttles (25yd x4) w/20sec rest periods
    12x 50yd sprint/50yd jog into walk

    Track
    1 lap: jog
    1 lap: walk
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  15. I found this interesting (not sure if anyone else will lol), as it relates to my current training and a lot of my food choices. I was surprised to find out that he recommends tracking progress with one "fattest area" caliper reading, which I do as well...belly fat is down ~5mm from the start of this log.

    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I found this interesting (not sure if anyone else will lol), as it relates to my current training and a lot of my food choices. I was surprised to find out that he recommends tracking progress with one "fattest area" caliper reading, which I do as well...belly fat is down ~5mm from the start of this log.

    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V627l-_uz0E&feature=player_embedded
    Like you have belly fat. Ha !!!

    Got some cookie butter at Traders Joes near work. Giving it a shot tomorrow AM.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

    Like you have belly fat. Ha !!!
    He's modest and measuring skin.

  18. Solid vid. That is similar to what I do for fat loss tracking. I do my three worst sites.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  19. Is it normal to have a leg reading be 1/2 of you abdominal fold?


    Ugh.....
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  20. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

    Like you have belly fat. Ha !!!

    Got some cookie butter at Traders Joes near work. Giving it a shot tomorrow AM.
    Haha I'd like to lose some more. I think the lighting in the pics at the start of the log made me appear leaner than I was.

    Nice, let me know what you think. I got some of those roast chicken patties that you mentioned and will be using one in my egg creation today.

    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

    He's modest and measuring skin.
    Haha gotta make sure I'm going in the right direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Solid vid. That is similar to what I do for fat loss tracking. I do my three worst sites.
    I thought so as well. I used to do that, but switched to strictly abdominal every 3-4 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Is it normal to have a leg reading be 1/2 of you abdominal fold?

    Ugh.....
    You'll be back strong soon enough.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Haha I'd like to lose some more. I think the lighting in the pics at the start of the log made me appear leaner than I was.

    Nice, let me know what you think. I got some of those roast chicken patties that you mentioned and will be using one in my egg creation today.

    Haha gotta make sure I'm going in the right direction.

    I thought so as well. I used to do that, but switched to strictly abdominal every 3-4 weeks.

    You'll be back strong soon enough.
    I think you will like them - chicken patties. They are actually good just as is, but I am sure you will go chef Boyadee on them. Pop in microwave for 2 min and they are good to go. Nice 50gm of protein in that package. Well seasoned also.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

    I think you will like them - chicken patties. They are actually good just as is, but I am sure you will go chef Boyadee on them. Pop in microwave for 2 min and they are good to go. Nice 50gm of protein in that package. Well seasoned also.
    Yeah, they look delicious and would be great when I'm short on cooking time as well. I'll let you know what I think.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. You guys and your Trader Joe's ... saw on google there is a facebook page to bring Trader Joe's to Canada lol. Mind you I salivate everytime you guys going shopping there.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    You guys and your Trader Joe's ... saw on google there is a facebook page to bring Trader Joe's to Canada lol. Mind you I salivate everytime you guys going shopping there.
    Haha. I used to live Whole Foods, but they became too popular and got way too expensive. Trader joes is definitely a better alternative. Hope you see one in your area soon. I am sure Toronto would be one of their target markets.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  25. Sale on the EliteFTS SS Yoke bar...I may cave this time since everyone in the world has one in their logs.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Sale on the EliteFTS SS Yoke bar...I may cave this time since everyone in the world has one in their logs.
    I may be usin that exact bar here in an hour. The handles on it are nice
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I may be usin that exact bar here in an hour. The handles on it are nice
    You like it? Not cheap but man I think it would be useful for a ton of stuff (myself and others).
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  28. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    You like it? Not cheap but man I think it would be useful for a ton of stuff (myself and others).
    Yeah it's a good bar. The handles let me pull on them to get some back tightness when squatting with it.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    You guys and your Trader Joe's ... saw on google there is a facebook page to bring Trader Joe's to Canada lol. Mind you I salivate everytime you guys going shopping there.
    Haha hope it works out for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Sale on the EliteFTS SS Yoke bar...I may cave this time since everyone in the world has one in their logs.
    Go for it man. They look great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    I may be usin that exact bar here in an hour. The handles on it are nice
    Jealous. I can't even find the correct padding for the one I use.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  30. too expensive!

    Even on sale lol.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
  2. Check my food log this week and tell me what you think
    By dankone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
  3. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:49 AM
  4. join the gym, or buy supplements and home train?
    By Kurruptive in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
  5. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Log in
Log in