10 weeks to APF TX State

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    ****ing SMOKED both of them. How many boards? Video quality on my phone is bad.
    2 boards. I wanted to go for a double with each of them, but my lumbar had other plans.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Subbed, you know I am an addict for your training insights and also for the sport too haha.

Congratz on the bench Ryan!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   

3. Ah. Understandable. Looks like the rest of you was ready for it. The arch hasn't gotten easier for you as you've gone along? Mine has, even as I've gotten better at forcing my ass toward my scapula.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Ah. Understandable. Looks like the rest of you was ready for it. The arch hasn't gotten easier for you as you've gone along? Mine has, even as I've gotten better at forcing my ass toward my scapula.
    The shirt changes the arch and forces more pressure onto you. Gear amplifies the amount of tightness that you need or the shirt will fold you.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Killin it. Vids look good, but then again, I expected as much

6. DAMN BRO> Awesome bench brah!!!
    Independent Review

7. Whoa how long have you been lifting seriously??

8. Killed that bench!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

The shirt changes the arch and forces more pressure onto you. Gear amplifies the amount of tightness that you need or the shirt will fold you.
    True. The groove for my shirt with the back closed was mid-pec and even that tried to flatten me.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Whoa how long have you been lifting seriously??
    I've been lifting for 11 years not with the past 3 PL oriented.
    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    True. The groove for my shirt with the back closed was mid-pec and even that tried to flatten me.
    That was probably a single-ply as well. Depending on the cut and shirt type, some of them place more pressure on the chest and others on the triceps. One of the guys I train with uses a grid-stitched Inzer Rage X, which is puts all the pressure in the triceps and is extremely difficult to move.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

11. off topic...What did you specialize in for your Masters?
    Independent Review

12. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    off topic...What did you specialize in for your Masters?
    Exercise Phys. It's weird how much your overall interests change in just a few years. I originally wanted to get my PhD under Cordain at Colorado State to further the Paleo movement, but that was before I found powerlifting. Now, I'm looking at two main schools for my PhD: Texas and Kentucky as they have more of a S&C interest.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. 2/10
    Squat

Worked up to 615x1

Ab Wheel
    BWx10x3

This session was far from my best day. I was never able to loosen up my back and I had to call it at earlier than I had hoped. Most of the crew ended up having a ****ty day and one of the guys had to dump a weight, which hasn't happened to us in several months. This whole next week is going to be an underload with only briefs on lower and raw for upper.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. In for the insight
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Exercise Phys. It's weird how much your overall interests change in just a few years. I originally wanted to get my PhD under Cordain at Colorado State to further the Paleo movement, but that was before I found powerlifting. Now, I'm looking at two main schools for my PhD: Texas and Kentucky as they have more of a S&C interest.
    I always see the students in the grad program for ex/sci going everywhere and basically living in their gym clothes. Makes me jealous sometimes!
    Independent Review

16. I've been thinking about going to Texas as well. The Hazelwood Act allows me to go to school in the state so I'm looking at schools in Texas.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've been thinking about going to Texas as well. The Hazelwood Act allows me to go to school in the state so I'm looking at schools in Texas.
    Which particular schools and for what speciality?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've been thinking about going to Texas as well. The Hazelwood Act allows me to go to school in the state so I'm looking at schools in Texas.
    Hell yes to this^^^
    I'm always jealous of my Texan friends
    Independent Review

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Which particular schools and for what speciality?
    I have a little time before I can go.

Haven't looked much beyond UT as far as Texas schools, I spent a little time talking to Jason about it but haven't decided on a particular school.

I am looking for a degree in exercise physiology with a more performance or S+C focus, my goal is to work with wither HS or hopefully college athletes as a coach/trainer.

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I have a little time before I can go.

Haven't looked much beyond UT as far as Texas schools, I spent a little time talking to Jason about it but haven't decided on a particular school.

I am looking for a degree in exercise physiology with a more performance or S+C focus, my goal is to work with wither HS or hopefully college athletes as a coach/trainer.
    UT would be the top option. Texas State is getting there, but still needs some faculty improvements.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

UT would be the top option. Texas State is getting there, but still needs some faculty improvements.
    Would you recommend a masters or bachelors for that?

22. UT is a hard school to get into my friend. Good luck

23. Quote Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    UT is a hard school to get into my friend. Good luck
    I'm in UT and in top of my class for Manufacturing Engineering and it's not even a challenge...
    >SNS-Glycophase<

24. Quote Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    UT is a hard school to get into my friend. Good luck
    I have a buddy who's there.

My GPA from HS was a 4.5 so depending on what I get with my SAT it shouldn't be an issue. Also with the hazelwood act and prior military service it becomes a little easier.

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I have a buddy who's there.

My GPA from HS was a 4.5 so depending on what I get with my SAT it shouldn't be an issue. Also with the hazelwood act and prior military service it becomes a little easier.
    You'll get in and graduate no problem...I'm not kidding its easy as pie.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

26. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

You'll get in and graduate no problem...I'm not kidding its easy as pie.
    I wasn't too worried about it honestly. I don't really get worried about anything though lol.

27. That's sweet Austin is awesome. With that GPA I'm you'd probably get in any school.

28. With college you just have to do the work and put in the effort for your weekly assignments. I'm sad it took me so long to get back.

29. Quote Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    That's sweet Austin is awesome. With that GPA I'm you'd probably get in any school.
    A lot will depend on SATs obviously, I plan to take it soon. I have to make the appointment with education services first.

30. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Would you recommend a masters or bachelors for that?
    Undergrad is irrelevant since most of the load is basics and minor. By the time you'd graduate, the landscape could be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I'm in UT and in top of my class for Manufacturing Engineering and it's not even a challenge...
    UT-Austin or one of the affiliates? There's a world of difference.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10 weeks to get from 207 to 185-190
    By houseofpainhulk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
  2. My 10 Weeks to strength
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 04:21 PM