Its about dominance

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. We did a series of lateral plyometrics. The first was a lateral depth drop and stick. I didn't get that one recorded. The next in the series was a lateral depth drop, stick, then lateral bound.

2. Lateral depth and lateral bound. Part 3 in progression:

•   

3. Linear single leg depth and lateral bound.

4. Double leg depth jump, react and lateral bound. What you do not see is my partner giving me signals to bound right or left as I stick the landing.

5. Twisting med ball throw

•   

6. Overhead med ball Keg toss. Great for triple extension.

7. Band resisted acceleration march. We did this prior to the 40's

8. Yesterday was the second squat day of a strength block.
    Worked up to a 3 RM on a below parallel box squat (355), then did
    4 x 6 band resisted GHR
    3 x 8 Dumbbell RDL @ 110 lbs
    3 x 8 RFE dumbbell Split Squat (80 lbs) superset with supine band resisted psoas march

Today we worked on linear plyometrics, first step quickness, and top speed maintenance. I dropped the ball on recording the plyometrics. We did:
    pulsing single side split squat jumps 3x3
    Single leg triple bound 4 x 3
    Single leg depth to box jumps 3 x 3 boxes.

Next we did tall, fall, sprint for first step quickness. 6 x 20m
    Then we did crossover step accelerate 6 x 10m (shown below)
    Finally we did 5 x flying 20's with a 20m acceleration zone

9. Yesterday I worked the vertical upper body.
    5 x 3 standing press with heavy bands
    5 x 5 pull ups with 25 pounds added
    4 x 6 half kneeling dumbbell over head press @ 60 lbs
    Depressed scapula pull downs
    Skull crusher
    Band pull aparts

Deadlifted today. Used the sumo style for the first time in a few years, did a few sets of 5 with 365.
    5x6 progressive heavy good mornings up to 215. I feel I may have let my pelvis rotate a bit posterior on the last few, but I'd like some feedback. (below)
    barbell glute bridge, single and double leg
    Hanging hamstring curls superset with prone bridge march

10. Today was a horizontal strength upper body day. The workout went as follows:
    Incline bench press 6 x 2
    Bent over barbell row 4 x 8
    "Close grip" flat dumbbell press 3 x 8
    Chinese cable row 3 x 10
    Prowler push followed by battle rope arm over arm sled pull 3 sets.

I recorded some of my warm up. Below is an activation for the serratus anterior.

11. I also did 3 sets of a medicine ball chest pass as a dynamic activation prior to the bench press:

12. I used these as a strength movement to activate and strengthen the middle traps and rhomboids between warm up sets on the incline press.

Prone dumbbell shrugs:

13. I finished things off with a prone bridge kettlebell swap. Its always nice to record and watch yourself because you can see things you miss, such as I am not keeping my quads tight during this movement.

14. I've started putting all my videos for warm ups, mobiilty and activations in the two threads started in the exercise science forum.

For lower body: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exerc...-mobility.html
    For upper body: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exerc...tivations.html

Yesterday was a lateral speed and first step quickness day again.
    We did some lateral heavy band towing (below)
    Followed by the plyometric circuit for lateral movement posted above.
    We then did the crossover drill
    We added onto the crossover drill by placing a 10m forward sprint at the end (next video)
    We finished things off with 6 x 40m out of a two point stance.

15. Crossover drill to forward sprint:

16. This week will wrap up the final working week of a strength block. I maxed out my parallel box squat today, followed by some GHR, split squats and supine hip flexion. I'll be maxing out the big three toward the end of next week.

395 lb parallel box squat went up pretty nice:

17. Let's just say that 405 went up. Most of my work leading up to this point were triples and doubles around 345-365.

18. 90 pound dumbbell RFE split squats to finish things off.

19. happy I stumbled across this...always gain something from your posts

20. Monday was lateral speed and first step quickness. Did a series of plyometrics, prior to some rapid reaction, acceleration, and finished up with about 8x20.

21. Lateral step, stick, concentric jump

22. Lateral step straight to explosive concentric jump

23. Rapid response to sprint.

24. Those one legged lateral box jumps are pretty impressive. Never thought of jumping sideways at all let alone like that.

Do you walk down the boxes on the other jumps for a specific purpose? Was wonder bc doing some box jumps yesterday had me thinking about impact on my knees coming off the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

25. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Those one legged lateral box jumps are pretty impressive. Never thought of jumping sideways at all let alone like that.

Do you walk down the boxes on the other jumps for a specific purpose? Was wonder bc doing some box jumps yesterday had me thinking about impact on my knees coming off the box.

I step down for that exact reason, the impact of jumping off a box is a tremendous force upon the knees and ankles, and unless you are using it as a reactive training (in which case you wouldn't drop for higher than 12-18", and would keep the volume to 3-4 total touches) can result in knee or ankle injuries. The most common is achilles tendon ruptures, which is starting to be a trend in crossfit injury.

26. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

I step down for that exact reason, the impact of jumping off a box is a tremendous force upon the knees and ankles, and unless you are using it as a reactive training (in which case you wouldn't drop for higher than 12-18", and would keep the volume to 3-4 total touches) can result in knee or ankle injuries. The most common is achilles tendon ruptures, which is starting to be a trend in crossfit injury.
    Hmm...I am gonna start stepping down. Thank you sir

Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

27. Today was all linear speed work. We started off with correctives and activations.
    We then did a few sets of band resisted hip pull through horizontal jumps (below).
    We moved on to do 3 x 3 single leg depth jump, stick, single leg horizontal jump (not recorded)
    We progressed into 3 x 3 single leg depth jump and react with a single leg horizontal jump (not recorded)
    We then did 3 x 3 single leg depth box jumps 6 to 12" (video)
    We then did 3 x 3 single leg depth jump and double leg box jump medley (video)
    We moved to the track to do some linear rapid response 2 x 10'
    We progressed into 3 x 5' linear rapid response with a 10 yard sprint at the end (video)
    And we finished the day off with 5 x 40 yards with full recovery.

28. Single leg depth box jumps

29. Single to double leg depth-box jump medley.

30. Rapid response react sprint

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Its about that time again..
    By ephedroman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
  2. Fatty thinks its about time...
    By jakesnake771 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 05:54 PM
  3. Its not about whats in it, its about the price