DW Off-Season 2012-2013

Page 5 of 14 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    Dude, those heavy swings and that destroyer may bring you to tears. My shoulders are blowing up though man.

    Yeah, I was actually thinking about doing that with a sun/wed split to give my chest a chance to recover (chest sun & shoulders Wednesday)

    Sat:legs/abs
    Sun:chest
    Mon:back/abs
    Tueff
    Wed:shoulders/abs
    Thur:arms
    Friff
    I wouldn't be surprised if I shed a tear lol. I'm definitely going to make it through a week of everything and see what I think. I've always done and loved heavy compound lifts, so it's quite a change of pace.

    I was thinking about splitting them mon/thur.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  2. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I wouldn't be surprised if I shed a tear lol. I'm definitely going to make it through a week of everything and see what I think. I've always done and loved heavy compound lifts, so it's quite a change of pace.

    I was thinking about splitting them mon/thur.
    I hear you, thats what DC training is based around so i was in the same boat as you & super low volume. This stuff is a total 180 for me.

    I think that would also work, you know your body best brah. I just know I need an off day before legs. I've for to mentally prep for the brutality of the sessions now lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  3. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    I hear you, thats what DC training is based around so i was in the same boat as you & super low volume. This stuff is a total 180 for me.

    I think that would also work, you know your body best brah. I just know I need an off day before legs. I've for to mentally prep for the brutality of the sessions now lol
    Yeah leg days look pretty intense lol. I'll probably have an off day before as well. I'm trying to set everything up now, but the holiday is changing my first week a little.

    How heavy did you start on the swings and destroyer?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Yeah leg days look pretty intense lol. I'll probably have an off day before as well. I'm trying to set everything up now, but the holiday is changing my first week a little.

    How heavy did you start on the swings and destroyer?
    I went 30's with the swings (strapped up) and 50's on the destroyer (also strapped up)

    I didn't hit the reps on either. The swings, my last set turned into singles. With the destroyer I got into the 50 rep range, I literally couldn't move the weight anymore and dropped to 25lbs & same thing happened. Dropped to the 12.5lbs and the last 2 reps I didn't squeeze, bc I physically couldn't lol. Ahhh good times
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    I went 30's with the swings (strapped up) and 50's on the destroyer (also strapped up)

    I didn't hit the reps on either. The swings, my last set turned into singles. With the destroyer I got into the 50 rep range, I literally couldn't move the weight anymore and dropped to 25lbs & same thing happened. Dropped to the 12.5lbs and the last 2 reps I didn't squeeze, bc I physically couldn't lol. Ahhh good times
    Looks like I was gonna start way too heavy on the swings lol. I'm excited to see how this goes tomorrow. It should definitely be interesting.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Looks like I was gonna start way too heavy on the swings lol. I'm excited to see how this goes tomorrow. It should definitely be interesting.
    Haha, yeah if you're doing them after chest it's very humbling. I did about 5 reps with the 40's and thought "there's no way this is going to end well"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    Haha, yeah if you're doing them after chest it's very humbling. I did about 5 reps with the 40's and thought "there's no way this is going to end well"
    Haha. Thanks for all the help man. I'll let you know how it goes.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wheel pic I just took. Legs are still watery from training yesterday and sore AF!!!!!

    Name:  image-147464640.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  403.2 KB
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  9. Elite Member
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,391
    Rep Power
    6104653
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Wheel pic I just took. Legs are still watery from training yesterday and sore AF!!!!!

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72 148"/>
    Damn dude I'd be flexin those in the mirror too ha
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  10. Senior Member
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150945
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    92.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What workout routine are y'all referring too? Just read the whole log to get caught up hah.

    It's about time for me to get huge too this year, shooting for 215 up from 195 right now
    Always willing to learn :D
  11. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    2436765
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    23.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    Wheel pic I just took. Legs are still watery from training yesterday and sore AF!!!!!

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72 148"/>
    Godamn bro im jealous
  12. Senior Member
    HokiePride's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,292
    Rep Power
    587005
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    3.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Wheel pic I just took. Legs are still watery from training yesterday and sore AF!!!!!

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72 148"/>
    Nice leg development! I'll definitely will be following along!
    DW thanks for the comment! I'm looking to get more shredded like you and breezy. 2013 Lehgo!
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  13. Diamond Member
    LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,958
    Rep Power
    10744436
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    18.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Wheel pic I just took. Legs are still watery from training yesterday and sore AF!!!!!

    Name:  image-147464640.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  403.2 KB
    So beast man!
  14. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post

    So beast man!
    Thanks boss!

    Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post

    Nice leg development! I'll definitely will be following along!
    DW thanks for the comment! I'm looking to get more shredded like you and breezy. 2013 Lehgo!
    Thanks man, you'll get there too! Getting to you massive size & strength wasn't easy so you've got the makeup for what it takes. If I can help, lemme know.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post

    Godamn bro im jealous
    Why, you're physique. You could walk around with wooden planks as legs and your still be beast'n hahaha. Thanks man

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    What workout routine are y'all referring too? Just read the whole log to get caught up hah.

    It's about time for me to get huge too this year, shooting for 215 up from 195 right now
    Mountain Dog training. It's a method by John Meadows, it seems to be taking my leg development to the next level. I still have about 8 more weeks of it too!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  15. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice wheels boss man!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Nice wheels boss man!
    Thank you sir!

    Decision of the day...train back or just lay around? I'll be flying for the majority of the day 2maro and will be at my dads for a few days.

    I'm not very sore today (my legs are still crippled) so I'm thinking it maybe time to kill a back sesh...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Senior Member
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150945
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    92.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Couldn't find too much on MD training besides some leg sesh vids. Looked intense though lol
    Always willing to learn :D
  18. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    Couldn't find too much on MD training besides some leg sesh vids. Looked intense though lol
    I just PM'd you the links DW sent me.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    7615355
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I just PM'd you the links DW sent me.
    Can I get those?
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  20. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Can I get those?
    Just sent them.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  21. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    7615355
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Just sent them.
    Thanks man, it seems pretty interesting. I skimmed through the arms article, can't wait to read more on it.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  22. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Thanks man, it seems pretty interesting. I skimmed through the arms article, can't wait to read more on it.
    No problem. Yeah, its a lot different than anything I've done before. I just finished up a shoulder workout and did arms yesterday. So far I'm liking the change of pace.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  23. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thanks for shooting those PM's breezy. You're a scholar & a gentleman.

    How was shoulders? Back today was a cluster fukc. Gym decided to close earlier so I had about 35min for 16sets of back/trap work.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  24. Senior Member
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150945
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    92.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Thanks for shooting those PM's breezy. You're a scholar & a gentleman.

    How was shoulders? Back today was a cluster fukc. Gym decided to close earlier so I had about 35min for 16sets of back/trap work.
    Dang, sounds like SS city. We all about to get swole MD style! Haha

    Keep it up man your doing great
    Always willing to learn :D
  25. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Thanks for shooting those PM's breezy. You're a scholar & a gentleman.

    How was shoulders? Back today was a cluster fukc. Gym decided to close earlier so I had about 35min for 16sets of back/trap work.
    No problem sir. Thanks for sharing.

    Shoulders went pretty well...I failed to hit my target reps on almost every set though lol.

    I started with a couple warm up BB incline sets, then did 3x8 working up to 225. I tried using the 2-3 inches above chest/75% ******* approach. That got my shoulders going pretty good.

    On the swings I attempted 4 sets of 35. I completed the first set without much difficulty at 30lbs, came up short with 40lbs, did the same with 35lbs, and went back to 30lbs lol.

    I did 3 sets of reverse peck deck with exaggerated ROM/slight hold. I tried for 35 reps, but didn't quite make it on any set and finished 15lbs lighter than when I started.

    I went 50lbs/25lbs/10lbs on the destroyer set and couldn't hit the target reps on the first 2 by about 10. The last couple reps with 10lbs were pretty weak as well.

    Shoulders are feeling good now, but I'm not sure that'll be the case tomorrow. It was nice being able to make it through a shoulder workout without feeling like my joints were being destroyed.

    Back day sounds fun. I'll be putting my workout together for Wednesday.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  26. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    No problem sir. Thanks for sharing.

    Shoulders went pretty well...I failed to hit my target reps on almost every set though lol.

    I started with a couple warm up BB incline sets, then did 3x8 working up to 225. I tried using the 2-3 inches above chest/75% ******* approach. That got my shoulders going pretty good.

    On the swings I attempted 4 sets of 35. I completed the first set without much difficulty at 30lbs, came up short with 40lbs, did the same with 35lbs, and went back to 30lbs lol.

    I did 3 sets of reverse peck deck with exaggerated ROM/slight hold. I tried for 35 reps, but didn't quite make it on any set and finished 15lbs lighter than when I started.

    I went 50lbs/25lbs/10lbs on the destroyer set and couldn't hit the target reps on the first 2 by about 10. The last couple reps with 10lbs were pretty weak as well.

    Shoulders are feeling good now, but I'm not sure that'll be the case tomorrow. It was nice being able to make it through a shoulder workout without feeling like my joints were being destroyed.

    Back day sounds fun. I'll be putting my workout together for Wednesday.
    Sounds like our first days of shoulders went the same lol. I'm glad to hear it went well for you. The intensity is killer, look forward to hearing how back goes for you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  27. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    Sounds like our first days of shoulders went the same lol. I'm glad to hear it went well for you. The intensity is killer, look forward to hearing how back goes for you.
    Haha yup. Thanks man. Yeah I love the intensity. Do you repeat any exercises 2 weeks in a row?

    I'll give you an abbreviated version of back day lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  28. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Haha yup. Thanks man. Yeah I love the intensity. Do you repeat any exercises 2 weeks in a row?

    I'll give you an abbreviated version of back day lol.
    Yeah. Phase 1 is week 1-3 same workouts. Phase 2 is week 4-9 add volume every 2 weeks, I'll be doing an added exercise (but different routine entirely from phase 1). Phase 3 is Week 10-12 is lower volume but heavy paired with crazy intensity (kind of a mix of phase 1 & phase 2 workout) then deload/rest 13-14
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  29. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    Yeah. Phase 1 is week 1-3 same workouts. Phase 2 is week 4-9 add volume every 2 weeks, I'll be doing an added exercise (but different routine entirely from phase 1). Phase 3 is Week 10-12 is lower volume but heavy paired with crazy intensity (kind of a mix of phase 1 & phase 2 workout) then deload/rest 13-14
    Sounds good. I wasn't sure if you followed the sample workouts exactly throughout each phase or just used it as more of a guide.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  30. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Merry Christmas guys, hope it was a good one.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  31. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    2436765
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    23.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Hope.you.had.a great holiday.brothet
  32. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    The back workout felt more effective than any I've had in a while. My lats and lower back still have a decent burn going 4 hours later.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  33. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,624
    Rep Power
    7615355
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    The back workout felt more effective than any I've had in a while. My lats and lower back still have a decent burn going 4 hours later.
    Sounds awesome....
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  34. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Sounds awesome....
    It was. I did a couple exercises that I'd never done (or heard of) before and the way they hit my lats was great.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  35. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    The back workout felt more effective than any I've had in a while. My lats and lower back still have a decent burn going 4 hours later.
    Stellar, you scrap the stretchers?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  36. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    Stellar, you scrap the stretchers?
    I couldn't resist giving them a quick try and ended up loving it. I dropped the heavy pulldowns and will throw them in phase 2.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  37. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I couldn't resist giving them a quick try and ended up loving it. I dropped the heavy pulldowns and will throw them in phase 2.
    I'm jelly, wish I could get it down. Awesome to hear though
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  38. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    I'm jelly, wish I could get it down. Awesome to hear though
    I started light and it went a lot smoother than expected. I need to work on my positioning for meadows rows though. I think I was feeling them in my lower back more than I should've.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  39. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    2469152
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I started light and it went a lot smoother than expected. I need to work on my positioning for meadows rows though. I think I was feeling them in my lower back more than I should've.
    They take some skill. My advice is go light, extremely light to get it all down.

    I'm revisiting stretchers, gotta figure em out
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  40. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    4719755
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    They take some skill. My advice is go light, extremely light to get it all down.

    I'm revisiting stretchers, gotta figure em out
    Yeah, I already made a note in my training log to go lighter next week. They still got my lats pumped, but I knew I had to work on them.

    I'm sure you'll figure them out. I think I did a set with 60lbs to get the form down.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
  2. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
  3. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
  4. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 05:16 PM
  5. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 01:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in