DW Off-Season 2012-2013

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout sucked today, weights were down but diet has been sloppy and I've been awake for going on, 65hours? idk what's wrong with me. I never feel tired. I'm not taking stimulants right now so I'm a loof. If I don't sleep tonight, I'm going to the DR.

Maybe it's my body telling me it's time to drop the carbs, lol. Which I've decided I will start Saturday of this week.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. For me, it's the only way to grow and stay lean. I had really gotten away from it this last year and that won't happen again.

He does? Man, I need to become a national level competitor and write a book about what I do, lol. I'm the only person I know that does this (I'm sure there's others) ill include you boss, need a powerlifting branch, of course haha.

2014?!?!?!?
Haha ok. Shelby and Justin Harris were known for using carb cycling.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=3735
He touches on it in that book and has a bunch of articles floating around too.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Off day. Prepping for dropping the carbs....

I wanted to share about Versa-1 (the supplement formally known as Patented Anabolic). It's being dropped to the IC January 8th, and the deal should be sick!!!! You can sign up, for free, at http://www.versa-1.com/

Perfect for PCT or a stand alone natural alternative.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Look up carb cycling. Its pretty popular. I believe Shelby Starnes has a good book about it.
I did carb cycling for my contest worked awesome for me.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Thanks. They're awesome for reference, as I'm sure know with your own.
Haha ya man I was watching some old video posts I had its nice seeing the progression. I like seeeing old PRs that are just standard lifts now

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha ya man I was watching some old video posts I had its nice seeing the progression. I like seeeing old PRs that are just standard lifts now
Your last one was hilarious. Not because of you, but the guy curling behind you. I even commented on your video about it lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout was ok today. I think the lack of carbs is getting to be but it's only temporary. Weights were up slightly on the first few sets but was about a rep or two short on the last set of each exercise. Any water I had is gone, I look A LOT leaner than I did on Thursday. I think I slept funny bc my left shoulder is clicking, I'll start some work tonight.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet was perfect today with ample avocados. Didn't really track calories but I had to be close to 250gr of fat? I had 5 avocados, lol.

Lowered carbs in my shakes by taking 1 scoop Flurry with 1 scoop ON Egg. Now only 7 down from 12 (each bit helps) with about 40gr fat (mostly MCT oil) doing those twice a day. I'll try and get a video update on my diet.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work on keeping the diet on track. If by flurry you mean that protein powder man I can't stand the stuff. Bought some because it was on sale and regret it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work on keeping the diet on track. If by flurry you mean that protein powder man I can't stand the stuff. Bought some because it was on sale and regret it.
I sold my second tub today for $20 to a guy at work. Yes, I agree. I won't purchase again. It just doesn't mix well when mixing two scoops, plus it gave me some serious bloat (concentrate in guessing)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Battled through my workout today. My mid/lower back had a HUGE pump, not really sure why. I felt horrible after so that means 1 of 2 things....
1.) I'm getting sick
Or
2.) Im depleted of carbs

I'm hoping the latter. Strength was about the same but I'm trying to limit my rest between sets to under a minute. Up the intensity and cut cardio back to 4 days in the morning (mon/tue & thur/fri)

I'm about maxed out on dead stop DB rows. We only have up to 125 and I hit the 120 today for all my reps. Guess I'll stay at 120 and start to hold the squeeze & rest less between sets.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I sold my second tub today for $20 to a guy at work. Yes, I agree. I won't purchase again. It just doesn't mix well when mixing two scoops, plus it gave me some serious bloat (concentrate in guessing)
What flavor did you guys get? I like the chocolate, but I've got tubs of cookies and strawberry that I can't wait to see disappear. I've been trying to finish at least one of them before I crack open Pronom 23.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vanilla. I wish ON made their egg Vanilla Custard in big containers (or at least in haven't seen) I friggen love it
I'll have to give it a try then. Its been years since I've bought any ON protein.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Got word today. My last day as an employee at my current employer will be jan 15th. Nows the time To move onto bigger and better things!
congrats man. also cant pm right no for some reason but your all set package is on its way to you

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats DW! :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. I think that company is about to tank. Along with myself (I'm not really that big of a deal :lol: but I did implement some huge things in my department) there's some other key players at the company that have left or plan to leave very soon. I think the owner is legitimately going crazy, some of his ideas in our meetings just made you scratch your head.

I got my year in, in management so that will help me out down the road, without question. Saved up enough to go back to school and finish my teaching certification (4 or 5 classes) super excited. So yes ladies and gents ole DW will be molding the future of America :D :USA:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. I think that company is about to tank. Along with myself (I'm not really that big of a deal :lol: but I did implement some huge things in my department) there's some other key players at the company that have left or plan to leave very soon. I think the owner is legitimately going crazy, some of his ideas in our meetings just made you scratch your head.

I got my year in, in management so that will help me out down the road, without question. Saved up enough to go back to school and finish my teaching certification (4 or 5 classes) super excited. So yes ladies and gents ole DW will be molding the future of America :D :USA:
That's awesome that you're able to go back and finish school man. It's a great feeling and accomplishment. Having the year of management on the resume is definitely a plus too. I see big things for DW in 2013!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome that you're able to go back and finish school man. It's a great feeling and accomplishment. Having the year of management on the resume is definitely a plus too. I see big things for DW in 2013!
Thanks for the support boss! I already have my bachelors in History but it's kind of a pointless degree without a Masters or Teaching Certification, IMO. Not a whole lot you can really do in the field unless you have a journalism or English minor & mine was poli sci lol.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That's Mr. Distilled Water to all the youngins'! :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the support boss! I already have my bachelors in History but it's kind of a pointless degree without a Masters or Teaching Certification, IMO. Not a whole lot you can really do in the field unless you have a journalism or English minor & mine was poli sci lol.
No problem brother. The certification should definitely open up a bunch of new opportunities for you. I got my bachelors as well, but wish I would've chosen a different major. After 5 years working in finance, I'd had just about enough.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inarius, I trained in a large shirt today. I forgot my gym clothes and went to the gym right after work. It was my t-shirt from work, I did have some sweat pants in my car. It was sweatpants, work boots and a Large shirt. It was arm day and I stretched the sh!!!!!!!!t out of it :lol:

Workout went well, went super high volume today. 12 sets for bi's & 15 sets for tri's. threw in 6 sets of abs to cap it off. I'm desperately looking forward to my "carb up" Saturday. Today was out Christmas party at work and there were carbs galore.

Tomorrow is an off day but I may be going to a 5day split. I'm really kicking up the volume so it may take a toll on me. My highest volume days are on the weekends so I'll have plenty of time to train & recover (aka do nothing). Right now I'm on 4 with chest/shoulders together and I'm responding pretty well but I'll be hitting close to 30sets together. That's crazy talk in my book lol. Chest Sunday and shoulders Wednesday

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What flavor did you guys get? I like the chocolate, but I've got tubs of cookies and strawberry that I can't wait to see disappear. I've been trying to finish at least one of them before I crack open Pronom 23.
Chocolate and I'm having trouble drinking it. Like DW says it doesn't mix well at all. Almost like a phlegm consistency. Makes me choke up.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Inarius, I trained in a large shirt today. I forgot my gym clothes and went to the gym right after work. It was my t-shirt from work, I did have some sweat pants in my car. It was sweatpants, work boots and a Large shirt. It was arm day and I stretched the sh!!!!!!!!t out of it :lol:

Workout went well, went super high volume today. 12 sets for bi's & 15 sets for tri's. threw in 6 sets of abs to cap it off. I'm desperately looking forward to my "carb up" Saturday. Today was out Christmas party at work and there were carbs galore.

Tomorrow is an off day but I may be going to a 5day split. I'm really kicking up the volume so it may take a toll on me. My highest volume days are on the weekends so I'll have plenty of time to train & recover (aka do nothing). Right now I'm on 4 with chest/shoulders together and I'm responding pretty well but I'll be hitting close to 30sets together. That's crazy talk in my book lol. Chest Sunday and shoulders Wednesday
Damn man. I can't squeeze into a large. Its really 2xl for me and that's it. I do not like tight shirts especially when i am training. Its gotta be kind of loose at least or sleeveless for me to be any where near comfortable. I did put a few 3xls on my xmas list. Time to grow!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man. I can't squeeze into a large. Its really 2xl for me and that's it. I do not like tight shirts especially when i am training. Its gotta be kind of loose at least or sleeveless for me to be any where near comfortable. I did put a few 3xls on my xmas list. Time to grow!
Tis the season....grow season that is! youre doing it too my man. You're part giant bro so picturing you in a large makes me laugh. I'd imagine is probably like a belly shirt.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chocolate and I'm having trouble drinking it. Like DW says it doesn't mix well at all. Almost like a phlegm consistency. Makes me choke up.
I guess the scoop size doesn't match up with the actual serving size, which is probably part of why its mixing that way. There was a thread saying that 38g (1 serving) is a little more than half a scoop.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess the scoop size doesn't match up with the actual serving size, which is probably part of why its mixing that way. There was a thread saying that 38g (1 serving) is a little more than half a scoop.
Could be why I started getting some stomach issues. I was doing 2 scoops, that's near 100gr if protein!!!!! O'well....

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's Mr. Distilled Water to all the youngins'! :)
Hahaha you're darn right! It'll feel kind of odd though.

Admittedly, when I was coaching at the college level, when guys would yell "hey coach!" From across the quad...I was like..."wait what? Oh crap that's me!"

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be why I started getting some stomach issues. I was doing 2 scoops, that's near 100gr if protein!!!!! O'well....
Haha yeah, might've had something to do with it. I didn't find out until I'd almost finished a tub. I probably should've realized that there wasn't 60 giant scoops worth of powder in there.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha yeah, might've had something to do with it. I didn't find out until I'd almost finished a tub. I probably should've realized that there wasn't 60 giant scoops worth of powder in there.
Lol yeah no kidding! How the hell did I miss that. Man, that means I was eating like 500gr of protein for a few weeks. Well up until this past Tuesday, when I sold my last tub.

Hmm, I think it's time for update pics then. I feel like I took some measurements but idk where they're at. Maybe put some of this "how many protein per lbs of bodyweight?" debate to rest.

Wow breezy, we just accomplished a superb experiment with no knowledge at all! Lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol yeah no kidding! How the hell did I miss that. Man, that means I was eating like 500gr of protein for a few weeks. Well up until this past Tuesday, when I sold my last tub.

Hmm, I think it's time for update pics then. I feel like I took some measurements but idk where they're at. Maybe put some of this "how many protein per lbs of bodyweight?" debate to rest.

Wow breezy, we just accomplished a superb experiment with no knowledge at all! Lol
Lol. Indeed we did my friend!...I was probably getting ~600g lol.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lmao!! Thought it was pretty damn big! Wtf!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Tis the season....grow season that is! youre doing it too my man. You're part giant bro so picturing you in a large makes me laugh. I'd imagine is probably like a belly shirt.
Haha yeah. I really hate when shirts shrink and they lose their length. Makes it a pain being a taller guy.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap, after laying down after work. My arms & forearms are sore as all get out. Same with my abs. I think I'm semi-dehydrated though. I've got 11 days off work, I'll be heading back east to visit my dad for the holidays so idk if I'll be at the gym much next mon-fri.

Carbs 2maro & looooots of em

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap, after laying down after work. My arms & forearms are sore as all get out. Same with my abs. I think I'm semi-dehydrated though. I've got 11 days off work, I'll be heading back east to visit my dad for the holidays so idk if I'll be at the gym much next mon-fri.

Carbs 2maro & looooots of em
Safe travels bro! I've got 11 days off as well. Can't wait for some R and R.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Luckily, I don't have to travel anywhere. My whole family is within a 20 mile radius which is super convenient during the holidays.

And as promised bro...

Here's the link to the new log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220496-inarius-goes-infinit.html
Sweeeeet.

My family used to kind of be like that but once the economy started tanking (I was in Michigan) everyone started branching out. We stretch from CA to FL up to MI down to south TX. with a few spots inbetween.

We still see each other but it's not as often and were not always all together at once.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My legs are dead, literally. I was sitting at the sushi bar and got up and would fell over if I wouldn't have grabbed my chair. hahaha

This higher volume is no joke but doing DB stiff deads at the end gave me a huuuuuge lower back pump. Made it very uncomfortable to do, I'll have to look at some videos and break down my form.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My legs are dead, literally. I was sitting at the sushi bar and got up and would fell over if I wouldn't have grabbed my chair. hahaha

This higher volume is no joke but doing DB stiff deads at the end gave me a huuuuuge lower back pump. Made it very uncomfortable to do, I'll have to look at some videos and break down my form.
Haha I'm in the same boat as you brother. I decided to do fairly heavy ATG squats for the first time in a while yesterday...I can't move. Loved it though.

I'm gonna have to add in some DB stiff deads too. I can't remember the last time I gave those a try.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I'm in the same boat as you brother. I decided to do fairly heavy ATG squats for the first time in a while yesterday...I can't move. Loved it though.

I'm gonna have to add in some DB stiff deads too. I can't remember the last time I gave those a try.
You ever look into Mountain Dog training boss, method by John Meadows?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You ever look into Mountain Dog training boss, method by John Meadows?
I have not. I'm actually looking to start something new though and will definitely check it out.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not. I'm actually looking start something new though and will definitely check it out.
I'm pretty hard headed when it comes to changing my ways with diet/training. I'm really happy with my results thus far. Making me second guess going with DC as my base program this off-season. Which has happened once before in 8 years, lol.

Frank hooked me up with some links of his, I can pass them along if your like. Just let me know...

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty hard headed when it comes to changing my ways with diet/training. I'm really happy with my results thus far. Making me second guess going with DC as my base program this off-season. Which has happened once before in 8 years, lol.

Frank hooked me up with some links of his, I can pass them along if your like. Just let me know...
I'm the same way, but I've just been doing my own thing for months and could use a little more structure in my training...hit me with them links hoss!

I'm starting to consider competing as well. I've never really thought about it before, but without playing sports competitively, I feel like I could use some form of competition. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you if I decide to go that route.