Gains featuring Randoja

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6-25-12 Chest, Triceps

Bench 5@135--3@185--3x3@225 Had a spot on the last set, it wasn't all me.
Mil Press 6,6,5,3,4,3@115 Fought for like 35 seconds to lockout left arm on set of 3, missed 4
HS Incline 7,7,6,5,4@140
Pec Dec 3x8@90--8@100
Chest Concentrations 4x8@45
V-bar pushdown 8,8,7,6@80
Dips 10

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6-28-12 Shoulders
Mil Press 5@45--3@95--3@145--(2+1)@145--(2+1)@145 145X1 Was max for last cycle
Bench 5@135--5@205--3x4@205--3@205
DB Arnold 4x8@40
DB Lateral Raise 4x8@25
DB Front Raise 4x8@35
CBL Face Pull 4x8@100
Rear Delt Machine 4x8@100

Great workout today, put my old mil press max up 9 times. I was able to get in some decent benching which I've wanted to do all cycle on shoulder day but just haven't had it. Stuck with weight on all accessories and used really strict form. I'm extremely happy with this one today and I hope deadlifts tomorrow go half as well as today and I'm good.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6-29-12 Back, Biceps

Deadlift 5@135--3@225--2@315>straps,belt>3x3@405>raw>315x2--225x3 w/15 second hold
BB Row 4x8@135
Lat Pull 4x8@140
Wg bar, Seated cable row 8@130--8@120--8@110
DB Curl 4x8@35
Hammer Curl 4x8@35
DB reverse Curl 4x8@20

Great workout today!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In FTW! What's good Alpha

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In FTW! What's good Alpha
I repped so many people saying that they were invited to this exclusive thread. Bwahahaha. But seriously if you got suckered in here just sub, that's the best thing for everyone.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I repped so many people saying that they were invited to this exclusive thread. Bwahahaha. But seriously if you got suckered in here just sub, that's the best thing for everyone.
Naw I'm cool ;-)

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol nice.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this. Kill it!

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-02-12 Chest Triceps, Max week

Bench 5@135--5@185--2@225--1@255--4x1@225
Mil Press 4,3,2,2,1@135
HS Decline Press 4x8@180
Pec Dec 4x8@90
Chest Concentrations 4x8@45
Rope Pulldown 4x8@80
Dips 2x10
Dip Machine 2x10@275

Good workout, TBH I had prepared myself not to hit a new max today. I partied pretty hard this weekend and didn't get a ton of sleep. When I woke up this morning I felt super groggy. But when I hit the gym it turned out that my body was ready. I might try to push 260 next week during deload.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-3-12 Legs-Max week

Squat 5@45--5@135--3@225--1@315--2x0@375 Fck
DL 1@450
SLDL 5x5@225
Leg Xt 4x8@170
Calf Raise 2x25@180

I think I psyched myself out on squats today. All I've been able to think about since last week is this 375 squat. After failing twice I was disappointed and a bit confused as to where to go from there. Then like a light bulb turning on I thought "When in doubt, Deadlift!" Got the 450 I wanted thusly freeing up a slot for me to give 370 a try on squats friday. Gonna try to eat and rest extra big until friday, hopefully I can come in get 370 and then take another shot at 375.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man that's a strong DL! Nice job, I need to get back on em. Tweaked my back real bad a few months ago doing them and have been a little freaked out to start them back up.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn man that's a strong DL! Nice job, I need to get back on em. Tweaked my back real bad a few months ago doing them and have been a little freaked out to start them back up.
Understandable man. Thanks for reading, Enjoy the rest of your 4th.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-5-12 Shoulders Max week

Mil Press 5@45--3@95--1@135--1@155--0@165
Bench 5,4,4,4,4@205
DB Arnolds 4x8@40
DB Lateral raise 4x8@25
DB Front raise 4x8@35
Cbl Face Pull 4x8@100
Rear Delt Machine 4x8@105

Failed to get the 165 I wanted but no bother I'll take the 10lb increase. I realized today what my problem with squats was. If you have followed my training at all you know that for maxes I like to use the most powerful natural anabolic known to man during PR week. That is ham btw for those of you that are unaware. Just picked up a ham steak that I will be doing a loading phase with today and I will attempt a new squat PR again tomorrow.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on the squat pr attempt bro and that's a good increase on military! :)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
7-5-12 Shoulders Max week

Mil Press 5@45--3@95--1@135--1@155--0@165
Bench 5,4,4,4,4@205
DB Arnolds 4x8@40
DB Lateral raise 4x8@25
DB Front raise 4x8@35
Cbl Face Pull 4x8@100
Rear Delt Machine 4x8@105

Failed to get the 165 I wanted but no bother I'll take the 10lb increase. I realized today what my problem with squats was. If you have followed my training at all you know that for maxes I like to use the most powerful natural anabolic known to man during PR week. That is ham btw for those of you that are unaware. Just picked up a ham steak that I will be doing a loading phase with today and I will attempt a new squat PR again tomorrow.
Solid numbers brother

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid numbers brother
Thanks bro, an old broken collarbone has held me back on shoulders forever it feels like, but I'm rockin a solid 10lb progression in 1rm every lift cycle, which pleases me. Now its time to make 375 do what I tell it to on squats tomorrow.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-6-12 Back, Biceps

BB Row 4x8@135
Lat Pull 4x8@140
T-bar 2x8@35--2x8@45
DB Curl 4x8@35
Hammer Curl 4x8@35
DB Reverse Curl 4x8@20

Crap end to a garbage cycle, now comes and undeserved deload, then hopefully some real lifting.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-6-12 Back, Biceps

BB Row 4x8@135
Lat Pull 4x8@140
T-bar 2x8@35--2x8@45
DB Curl 4x8@35
Hammer Curl 4x8@35
DB Reverse Curl 4x8@20

Crap end to a garbage cycle, now comes and undeserved deload, then hopefully some real lifting.
What cycle was this you speak of? Just a routine cycle or what bro?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What cycle was this you speak of? Just a routine cycle or what bro?
Just my strength progression cycle, Wk 1 is 5x5, 2 is 4x4, 3 is 3x3, 4 is attempt new PR. I felt like I was working hard the whole month and then it comes time to max and I put 5lbs on bench, 10 on Mil press, and 15 on DL, no progression on squats. Just makes me feel like WTF have I been doing in the gym? Might be time to switch to 5/3/1 or something. Or say fk strength for a month and go all hypertrophy.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
U need to be logging for a company

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
U need to be logging for a company
I'm doing a LG form-x log on a different site right now. But after that I'm gonna do a non-sponsored recomp log with x-gels, Anabeta Elite, test booster, plus more haven't got the whole regiment lined out yet. After that maybe someone will want to throw some product my way for some more sweet log action :)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I'm doing a LG form-x log on a different site right now. But after that I'm gonna do a non-sponsored recomp log with x-gels, Anabeta Elite, test booster, plus more haven't got the whole regiment lined out yet. After that maybe someone will want to throw some product my way for some more sweet log action :)
Hell yea bro! Xgels

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yea bro! Xgels
For real I'm excited I snagged one of those cheap bottles last night, couldn't pass up the deal. I'll need 2 for my recomp but gotta get paid again to start assembling the rest of my supplement arsenal lol.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
For real I'm excited I snagged one of those cheap bottles last night, couldn't pass up the deal. I'll need 2 for my recomp but gotta get paid again to start assembling the rest of my supplement arsenal lol.
ARA?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Yeah the x-gels that were on sale for 29.99. Had to snag at least one for the price.
Hell ya what effects do they provide? Havnt researched on them much

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Make gains & keep em!!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I like that

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ok so I know yall might not know a lot bout it but would it be essential in pct?

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
I heard that using Arachidonic Acid really increases DOMS...anyone else have insight on this.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ok doin research its an essential omega 6 fatty acid that supports muscle growth through muscle anabolism. Inhances muscle size and strength. For optimal growth workout to stimulate inflammation and soreness. Also helps brain function.

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
i found this, looks like a gram a day for dose

"Arachidonic acid was the subject of a preliminary efficacy study at the Exercise and Sports Nutrition Laboratory in Baylor University (Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 3 (1)S1-S29, 2006). This study gave 1,000 mg of ARA or placebo to a group of 31 experienced resistance-trained men. During this investigation, arachidonic acid was clinically proven to increase Peak Anaerobic Power by 600%, a measure of the maximum force exerted during a power movement. The study also reported statistically strong trends of improvement in Bench Press 1-Rep Max (44%), Average Anaerobic Power (223%), and Muscle Endurance (250%). Subjects also noticed a reduction in inflammatory marker IL-6, demonstrating that ARA (in the context of resistance training) may help the body better control inflammation. These findings provide strong clinical validation and support for the use of arachidonic acid as a sports nutrition supplement."

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ordering... I gotta try this

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not interested. Hype overkill really turning me off. Product's been around for a while and now everyone's suddenly gotta try it?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Not interested. Hype overkill really turning me off. Product's been around for a while and now everyone's suddenly gotta try it?
The studies are pretty promising. Some knowledgeable people on here have approved as well

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
Looks like it's 50 days on 50 off from what im finding, kinda expensive to run, might be useful to bridge in between cycles after pct, if it works like its supposed too.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So it's another supplement that's a "must have?" How many do we need? I'm starting to re-evaluate all my supplements as far as what I really "need" to help me achieve my goals.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is your goal to gain strength in the big three? If so 1 month is a SHORT time to think about progression. Esp with a horribly programed layout such as yours. If your goal is to gain strength pick something easy to start like 5/3/1 and run it for 6 monthes to a year. Id prefer a year at the very least. Next step would be to buy the 5/3/1 book, yes buy the book. Also you may wanna not think about sessions as muscle groups but as movements since hypertrophy is in muscles and strength is in movements.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I heard that using Arachidonic Acid really increases DOMS...anyone else have insight on this.
Yea it intensifys the bodys normal response to weight training

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
Yea it intensifys the bodys normal response to weight training
so maybe combat this with bcaa's possibly glutamine...im thinking of giving it a go but damn gonna be like 90 bucks for a honest run...

MadmanMike

MadmanMike

Awards
Just my strength progression cycle, Wk 1 is 5x5, 2 is 4x4, 3 is 3x3, 4 is attempt new PR. I felt like I was working hard the whole month and then it comes time to max and I put 5lbs on bench, 10 on Mil press, and 15 on DL, no progression on squats. Just makes me feel like WTF have I been doing in the gym? Might be time to switch to 5/3/1 or something. Or say fk strength for a month and go all hypertrophy.
gains are still gains, whether it's 5lbs or 50...keep up the hard work Randoja :)

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is your goal to gain strength in the big three? If so 1 month is a SHORT time to think about progression. Esp with a horribly programed layout such as yours. If your goal is to gain strength pick something easy to start like 5/3/1 and run it for 6 monthes to a year. Id prefer a year at the very least. Next step would be to buy the 5/3/1 book, yes buy the book. Also you may wanna not think about sessions as muscle groups but as movements since hypertrophy is in muscles and strength is in movements.
Gaining strength in the Big 4 is one of my goals yes. OHP DL Bench Squat. It's not as if I've worked out for the one month, thinking my lifts are going to skyrocket, I just would like to see progression over the month. This is the first month that a lift hasn't progressed and it was only 1 lift. I've been progressing quite well actually, even with my horrible layout. I already have the 5/3/1 book.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gaining strength in the Big 4 is one of my goals yes. OHP DL Bench Squat. It's not as if I've worked out for the one month, thinking my lifts are going to skyrocket, I just would like to see progression over the month. This is the first month that a lift hasn't progressed and it was only 1 lift. I've been progressing quite well actually, even with my horrible layout. I already have the 5/3/1 book.
If that is your goal then id view every session as a mean to increase those movements. Bench day would not be chest day in this situation. It would be bench day where your assistence work would follow as triceps, delts, and lats. If nothing else read the 5/3/1 book. Itll give you some percents to use, how to reset your maxes when not progressing, and explain the value of training economy. Best of luck in your goals.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If that is your goal then id view every session as a mean to increase those movements. Bench day would not be chest day in this situation. It would be bench day where your assistence work would follow as triceps, delts, and lats. If nothing else read the 5/3/1 book. Itll give you some percents to use, how to reset your maxes when not progressing, and explain the value of training economy. Best of luck in your goals.
Thanks man, strength gain isn't my only goal but it's definitely a priority. I am also trying to build mass and density which is why I'm doing the split and rep range as far as acessory work goes. This is also why I'm not already using a 5/3/1 protocol.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man, strength gain isn't my only goal but it's definitely a priority. I am also trying to build mass and density which is why I'm doing the split and rep range as far as acessory work goes. This is also why I'm not already using a 5/3/1 protocol.
5/3/1 would work perfect for mass and density. If i were to use it for that id do something like.

4 days a week
mon-press
tues-deadlift
wed-off
thurs-bench
fri-squat
sat-off
sun-off

Press
5/3/1 sohp+chins (do chins between all sets of sohp including warm-ups, aim is 100 total a week)
triceps/delts/chest-example would be dips, rack lockouts, board presses, db presses, floor presses, banded bench, bench with chains ect 3-5 sets of 8-15. If doing dips id do 50 total reps of weighted dips and 100 total bw
upper back-example any kind of row, prefer chest supported 3-5 sets of 8-15
triceps/biceps-superset 2 isolation lifts. 50-100 reps total.

Deadlift
5/3/1 deadlift
bilateral quad work-example box squat, leg press, front squat, zercher squat, squat 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
hamstring/post chain lift-example ghrs, reverse hypers, hypers, sldl, rdl, gm, leg curls, banded gm 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
abs 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps

Bench
5/3/1 bench+chins (same as sohp, try to get 100 total for the WHOLE WEEK, not one session)
triceps/delts/chest-example same as above, different lift. 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
upper back work-example rows, free standing such as bb row or db row. kroc rows also. 3-5 sets 8-15 unless its kroc rows then 1 set of 20-40 reps.
triceps+upper back-superset an iso tricep lift with any of these upper back lifts: scarcrows, facepulls, pullaparts, seated db power cleans, rear laterals. 50-100 total reps.

Squat
5/3/1 squat
hamstring/post chain lift-same examples as above 3-5 sets 8-15 reps
unilateral quad work-example bulgarian split squats, lunges, step ups, leg press 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
abs 3-5 set of 10-20 reps

this would be training economy, youll be focusing on everything needed to increase your big 4 lifts with enough volume for growth. Number one mistake ppl make is they think they need to do something for everything.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skipped my chest deload session today due to sunburn, I'm just gonna start my deload tomorrow. Got my fat squeezed and weighed in today, up 5 lbs 176-181. Gained 1 lb of fat. Up to 9.3% BF. Makes me feel pretty good about this last month, also kinda makes me feel like a little bitch whining about my squats last week.