Gains featuring Randoja

Page 2 of 21 First 1234 ... Last

  1. So it's another supplement that's a "must have?" How many do we need? I'm starting to re-evaluate all my supplements as far as what I really "need" to help me achieve my goals.


  2. Is your goal to gain strength in the big three? If so 1 month is a SHORT time to think about progression. Esp with a horribly programed layout such as yours. If your goal is to gain strength pick something easy to start like 5/3/1 and run it for 6 monthes to a year. Id prefer a year at the very least. Next step would be to buy the 5/3/1 book, yes buy the book. Also you may wanna not think about sessions as muscle groups but as movements since hypertrophy is in muscles and strength is in movements.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike
    I heard that using Arachidonic Acid really increases DOMS...anyone else have insight on this.
    Yea it intensifys the bodys normal response to weight training
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Yea it intensifys the bodys normal response to weight training
    so maybe combat this with bcaa's possibly glutamine...im thinking of giving it a go but damn gonna be like 90 bucks for a honest run...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Just my strength progression cycle, Wk 1 is 5x5, 2 is 4x4, 3 is 3x3, 4 is attempt new PR. I felt like I was working hard the whole month and then it comes time to max and I put 5lbs on bench, 10 on Mil press, and 15 on DL, no progression on squats. Just makes me feel like WTF have I been doing in the gym? Might be time to switch to 5/3/1 or something. Or say fk strength for a month and go all hypertrophy.
    gains are still gains, whether it's 5lbs or 50...keep up the hard work Randoja

  6. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Is your goal to gain strength in the big three? If so 1 month is a SHORT time to think about progression. Esp with a horribly programed layout such as yours. If your goal is to gain strength pick something easy to start like 5/3/1 and run it for 6 monthes to a year. Id prefer a year at the very least. Next step would be to buy the 5/3/1 book, yes buy the book. Also you may wanna not think about sessions as muscle groups but as movements since hypertrophy is in muscles and strength is in movements.
    Gaining strength in the Big 4 is one of my goals yes. OHP DL Bench Squat. It's not as if I've worked out for the one month, thinking my lifts are going to skyrocket, I just would like to see progression over the month. This is the first month that a lift hasn't progressed and it was only 1 lift. I've been progressing quite well actually, even with my horrible layout. I already have the 5/3/1 book.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Gaining strength in the Big 4 is one of my goals yes. OHP DL Bench Squat. It's not as if I've worked out for the one month, thinking my lifts are going to skyrocket, I just would like to see progression over the month. This is the first month that a lift hasn't progressed and it was only 1 lift. I've been progressing quite well actually, even with my horrible layout. I already have the 5/3/1 book.
    If that is your goal then id view every session as a mean to increase those movements. Bench day would not be chest day in this situation. It would be bench day where your assistence work would follow as triceps, delts, and lats. If nothing else read the 5/3/1 book. Itll give you some percents to use, how to reset your maxes when not progressing, and explain the value of training economy. Best of luck in your goals.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    If that is your goal then id view every session as a mean to increase those movements. Bench day would not be chest day in this situation. It would be bench day where your assistence work would follow as triceps, delts, and lats. If nothing else read the 5/3/1 book. Itll give you some percents to use, how to reset your maxes when not progressing, and explain the value of training economy. Best of luck in your goals.
    Thanks man, strength gain isn't my only goal but it's definitely a priority. I am also trying to build mass and density which is why I'm doing the split and rep range as far as acessory work goes. This is also why I'm not already using a 5/3/1 protocol.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Thanks man, strength gain isn't my only goal but it's definitely a priority. I am also trying to build mass and density which is why I'm doing the split and rep range as far as acessory work goes. This is also why I'm not already using a 5/3/1 protocol.
    5/3/1 would work perfect for mass and density. If i were to use it for that id do something like.

    4 days a week
    mon-press
    tues-deadlift
    wed-off
    thurs-bench
    fri-squat
    sat-off
    sun-off

    Press
    5/3/1 sohp+chins (do chins between all sets of sohp including warm-ups, aim is 100 total a week)
    triceps/delts/chest-example would be dips, rack *******s, board presses, db presses, floor presses, banded bench, bench with chains ect 3-5 sets of 8-15. If doing dips id do 50 total reps of weighted dips and 100 total bw
    upper back-example any kind of row, prefer chest supported 3-5 sets of 8-15
    triceps/biceps-superset 2 isolation lifts. 50-100 reps total.

    Deadlift
    5/3/1 deadlift
    bilateral quad work-example box squat, leg press, front squat, zercher squat, squat 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
    hamstring/post chain lift-example ghrs, reverse hypers, hypers, sldl, rdl, gm, leg curls, banded gm 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
    abs 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps

    Bench
    5/3/1 bench+chins (same as sohp, try to get 100 total for the WHOLE WEEK, not one session)
    triceps/delts/chest-example same as above, different lift. 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
    upper back work-example rows, free standing such as bb row or db row. kroc rows also. 3-5 sets 8-15 unless its kroc rows then 1 set of 20-40 reps.
    triceps+upper back-superset an iso tricep lift with any of these upper back lifts: scarcrows, facepulls, pullaparts, seated db power cleans, rear laterals. 50-100 total reps.

    Squat
    5/3/1 squat
    hamstring/post chain lift-same examples as above 3-5 sets 8-15 reps
    unilateral quad work-example bulgarian split squats, lunges, step ups, leg press 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
    abs 3-5 set of 10-20 reps

    this would be training economy, youll be focusing on everything needed to increase your big 4 lifts with enough volume for growth. Number one mistake ppl make is they think they need to do something for everything.

  10. Skipped my chest deload session today due to sunburn, I'm just gonna start my deload tomorrow. Got my fat squeezed and weighed in today, up 5 lbs 176-181. Gained 1 lb of fat. Up to 9.3% BF. Makes me feel pretty good about this last month, also kinda makes me feel like a little bitch whining about my squats last week.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  11. 7-10-12 Chest, Triceps Deload/Sunburn Session

    Bench 5x5@135
    Incline Bench 2x5@135
    Mil Press 4x5@95
    Pec Dec 4x8@60
    V-bar Push down 4x8@50
    Dips 2x10@BW

    Good deload session today. Sunburn was still pretty hot doing bench lol.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  12. 7-11-12 Legs Deload

    Squat 25@135
    SLDL 5x5@135
    Leg xt 16@80--2x8@80
    Calf Raise 4x25@185

    The squats were relatively normal paced and the rest was very slow.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Skipped my chest deload session today due to sunburn, I'm just gonna start my deload tomorrow. Got my fat squeezed and weighed in today, up 5 lbs 176-181. Gained 1 lb of fat. Up to 9.3% BF. Makes me feel pretty good about this last month, also kinda makes me feel like a little bitch whining about my squats last week.
    Awesome man, those are nice gains!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike View Post
    Awesome man, those are nice gains!!
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate you checking out my log!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  15. 7-12-12 Shoulders Deload

    Mil Press 5x5@95
    Arnolds 4x8@20
    Lateral Raise 4x8@12.5
    Front Raise 4x8@17.5
    CBL Face Pull 32@60

    Pretty quick and easy shoulders deload.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  16. 7-13-12 Back, Biceps Deload

    Deadlift 5x5@225
    BB Row 4x8@95
    Lat Pulldown 4x8@70
    T-bar w/chest support 4x8@25
    DB curl and Hammer curl superset 4x16@17.5 I actually got the most outrageous pump from this somehow lol.
    DB reverse curl 4x8@12.5

    Ready to go heavy on Monday for sure.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    7-13-12 Back, Biceps Deload

    Deadlift 5x5@225
    BB Row 4x8@95
    Lat Pulldown 4x8@70
    T-bar w/chest support 4x8@25
    DB curl and Hammer curl superset 4x16@17.5 I actually got the most outrageous pump from this somehow lol.
    DB reverse curl 4x8@12.5

    Ready to go heavy on Monday for sure.

    Keep killing it Randoja!!

  18. 7-16-12 Chest Triceps

    Bench 5@135--3@185--5@215--5@215--5@215--(4+1)@215--(3+2)@215 (4+1)=4 by myself 1 spotter asst.
    Mil Press 2x5@115--2@115
    HS Incline 6@150--6@130--8@110--7@110
    Pec Dec 4x8@90
    Chest Concentrations 4x8@45
    V-bar pushdown 4x8@80
    Dips BW 9,8

    Good chest workout, phenomenal pumps. I was soaked and exhausted by the end.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja
    7-16-12 Chest Triceps

    Bench 5@135--3@185--5@215--5@215--5@215--(4+1)@215--(3+2)@215 (4+1)=4 by myself 1 spotter asst.
    Mil Press 2x5@115--2@115
    HS Incline 6@150--6@130--8@110--7@110
    Pec Dec 4x8@90
    Chest Concentrations 4x8@45
    V-bar pushdown 4x8@80
    Dips BW 9,8

    Good chest workout, phenomenal pumps. I was soaked and exhausted by the end.
    Lookin strong broha
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  20. Thanks a bunch bro, happy my deload is over for sure.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja
    Thanks a bunch bro, happy my deload is over for sure.
    U running anything?
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    U running anything?
    LG Form-X log on another site, currently playing with x-gels a little, and should have my Purple wraath log up within the week, just waiting on UPS.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

    LG Form-X log on another site, currently playing with x-gels a little, and should have my Purple wraath log up within the week, just waiting on UPS.
    How's xgels
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    How's xgels
    Today was the first day that I've actually dosed them correctly since SNS had their SNAFU with the amount of ArA per capsule, but as a vasodilator it worked great today, I had some serious pumps. I'll have to wait till tomorrow probably to see the full inflammatory properties with DOMS but even while I was deloading I got a little on some days with less than half the dose, so I'm hoping my chest and tris are on fire tomorrow. I'll definitely let you know.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

    Today was the first day that I've actually dosed them correctly since SNS had their SNAFU with the amount of ArA per capsule, but as a vasodilator it worked great today, I had some serious pumps. I'll have to wait till tomorrow probably to see the full inflammatory properties with DOMS but even while I was deloading I got a little on some days with less than half the dose, so I'm hoping my chest and tris are on fire tomorrow. I'll definitely let you know.
    Ya Def bro I'm interested but a bit skeptical
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Ya Def bro I'm interested but a bit skeptical
    I hear that.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  27. 7-17-12 Legs

    Squat 5@135--3@225--4x5@315
    SLDL 5@135--5@185--3x5@225
    Leg XT 4x8@170
    Calf Raise 20@180--20@225--20@270--20@225--20@180

    Solid leg day, I skipped my 5th set on squats cuz another dude was waiting for the rack. I still feel really good about getting 4x5 though last cycle at 315 I went 5,4,4,3,2 then did 1,1,2,3 I feel like this is good progress for sure. Legs were absolutely jelly after this one.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    7-17-12 Legs

    Squat 5@135--3@225--4x5@315
    SLDL 5@135--5@185--3x5@225
    Leg XT 4x8@170
    Calf Raise 20@180--20@225--20@270--20@225--20@180

    Solid leg day, I skipped my 5th set on squats cuz another dude was waiting for the rack. I still feel really good about getting 4x5 though last cycle at 315 I went 5,4,4,3,2 then did 1,1,2,3 I feel like this is good progress for sure. Legs were absolutely jelly after this one.
    thats a nice leg workout man, i love the DOMS from leg day, reminds me i'm alive!! Your crushing it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/212177-diary-madman-sd.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike View Post
    thats a nice leg workout man, i love the DOMS from leg day, reminds me i'm alive!! Your crushing it.
    Thanks man, I'm definitely expecting to be sore from this one!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  30. 7-19-12 Shoulders

    Mil Press 5@45--3@95--2x5@135--4@135--3x2@135--4x1@135
    DB Arnold 4x8@40
    DB Lateral Raise 4x8@25
    DB Front Raise 4x8@35
    CBL Face Pull 4x8@100
    Rear Delt Machine 4x8@105

    My front delts were still super sore from bench on Monday. I really had to grind my way through the Mil press, but it's 20lbs more than my last 5x5 and I feel like if I wasn't sore would have had it no prob. Really starting to see some nice progression on shoulders 135 was my 1RM not long ago and today it went up 25 times.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  31. Your getting stronger, keep it going, dont lose this momentum!!

  32. Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike View Post
    Your getting stronger, keep it going, dont lose this momentum!!
    Thanks bro, shoulders are by far my weakest link after breaking my collarbone a few years back. It's really nice to see progression like this, especially because I know it will directly transfer into bench progress as well. Definitely gonna keep the momentum going with some deadlifts tomorrow 5x5 @ 385, I'm even thinking about recording a set. Thanks for following along bro.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  33. subbb budd
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  34. Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    subbb budd
    Thanks bro! I appreciate it.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Thanks bro, shoulders are by far my weakest link after breaking my collarbone a few years back. It's really nice to see progression like this, especially because I know it will directly transfer into bench progress as well. Definitely gonna keep the momentum going with some deadlifts tomorrow 5x5 @ 385, I'm even thinking about recording a set. Thanks for following along bro.
    sounds good man, thank you for working out and longing it so I i am able to follow :-) i broke my collar bone in high school and yeah it sux, coming back and losing like 70 pounds on all lifts...but i stayed with it and in a year i broke my pr's prior to injury, and it looks like your doing extremely well too. Rest well, deadlifts are killer.

  36. yupppers!!! us logggers gotta stick together, it isnt anyone fun if noone tags along
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  37. 7-20-12 Back, Biceps

    Deadlift 5@135--3@225--3@315--4x5@385--3@385
    BB Row 4x8@135
    Lat Pull 4x8@140
    T bar supported row 4x8@45
    DB Curl 4x8@35
    Hammer Curl 3x8@35

    Deadlifts were exhausting today, after I finished them (short 2 reps) I was already smoked but just tried to push through and end the week strong.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  38. Great Deadlifts buddie, nothings better than going heavey with them!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  39. Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    Great Deadlifts buddie, nothings better than going heavey with them!!
    Thanks bro, I seriously could have won a wet tshirt contest with how sweaty I was. Well maybe not won but these beautiful b cups would have placed lol.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  40. Those are the days those, when i carry a towel with me and have to wipe down everything from my forehead to the dumbells.. Thats why i never wear white ts because i dont want anyone staring at theses a's
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Another PCT question, featuring forma/daa
    By TryHard23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 10:29 AM
  2. StimX - featuring 1-MeTIQ - Come Get Some!!!
    By T-AD in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 02:30 PM
  3. Pmiller's SNS Log featuring TTA-ATD-CEE
    By pmiller383 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Log in
Log in