Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Just curious, why do you prefer to squat high bar?

Also, have you looked into Smolov training? It's extremely challenging for anyone at any level, here's a good read:

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-add-10...-squat-smolov/
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31 View Post
    Lol don't listen to those guys, skies the limit! Never miss a day and you'll be a star!
    I hope this is a troll.You might be motivating this guy to hurt himself in the long run
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post

Also, have you looked into Smolov training? It's extremely challenging for anyone at any level, here's a good read:

I questioned this as well.OP low bar is infinitely better especially if you have a lower back injury.It is really important no matter what you choose that you keep your back healthy
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump

I once looked into the smolov squat routine. Haven't done it yet. It look intense to say the least.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump

Have you ever did this? If so what were your results
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Here is program #2.

M - Squat (heavy set of 3) + Deadlift (MAX)
    T - Squat (heavy set of 2) + Zercher Squat (MAX)
    W - Squat (MAX) + Front Squat (MAX)
    T - OFF
    F- Squat (heavy set of 3) + Deadlift (MAX)
    S- Squat (heavy set of 2) + Zercher Squat (MAX)
    S- Squat (MAX) + Front Squat (MAX)
    M- OFF
    T- Repeat.

How does this look. Please please don't tell me about CNS fatigue because i have lifted heavy for a while and every day. Taking 2 days off in this phase will make my recovery twice as good.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Or i could do something like this...

M - Squat (MAX) + Deadlift (MAX)
    T - Squat (MAX) + Front Squat (MAX)
    W - OFF
    T- Squat (MAX) + Deadlift (MAX)
    F- Squat (MAX) + Zercher Squat (MAX)
    S- OFF

S- Repeat.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

Are the secondary lifts assistence work to the max lifts? You could stand to have more hamstring work id say esp if you wanna deadlift the way you do.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Are the secondary lifts assistence work to the max lifts? You could stand to have more hamstring work id say esp if you wanna deadlift the way you do.
    i thought the way 9i deadlift is fine. Its just a stiff legged deadlift which involves more of the hamstrings and less of the quads?

Anyways, yesterday i didn't eat anything pre workout. Im drinking some milk right now and eating an apple. Then im going to the gym. I will report back. I woke up feeling really fatigued................Squat at least 430. I want 450!! lol
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

2/15/12- SQUAT YEA BUDDY!!!

I hit 500 for 1. YES! although it was a slow grindy rep, that is exactly how 450 x1 felt a couple weeks ago. I am so happy. Ive been dreaming of this for a while. I am now going to start lowering to weight and working multiple reps a day for a percentage. So something like 465 for 2 reps for 2 weeks. Then move up the weight from there. I am going to start working my weaknesses. I know this was a slow rep but it was all the way down and i am excited. If you guys can help me out with my next program i would love that. Considering im not in a rush anymore! Wehn i started the workout i felt so good. Things were flying up. I hit 415x1 and i was like Thats to easy. And i thought to myself, why not just go up. you feel good. Take advantage of today. And i did. You guys have to unerstand this has been my goal for 3 months now and i have practically dreamed of squatting 5 plates on each side. Sorry if i offended any of you by my greediness. I am sure this excitement will pass but not for a while. Improvement is still ahead. now for reps with it.

VIDEO! Squat 500x1
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    2/15/12- SQUAT YEA BUDDY!!!

I hit 500 for 1. YES! although it was a slow grindy rep, that is exactly how 450 x1 felt a couple weeks ago. I am so happy. Ive been dreaming of this for a while. I am now going to start lowering to weight and working multiple reps a day for a percentage. So something like 465 for 2 reps for 2 weeks. Then move up the weight from there. I am going to start working my weaknesses. I know this was a slow rep but it was all the way down and i am excited. If you guys can help me out with my next program i would love that. Considering im not in a rush anymore! Wehn i started the workout i felt so good. Things were flying up. I hit 415x1 and i was like Thats to easy. And i thought to myself, why not just go up. you feel good. Take advantage of today. And i did. You guys have to unerstand this has been my goal for 3 months now and i have practically dreamed of squatting 5 plates on each side. Sorry if i offended any of you by my greediness. I am sure this excitement will pass but not for a while. Improvement is still ahead. now for reps with it.

VIDEO! Squat 500x1
    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kwTwqzerFw&feature=yo utu.be
    Good work bro! Glad you got it
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

No hate this time bro.I'm happy for your progress.Use this experience as a way to learn to listen and then incorporate it into your own goals.

Your growing on me you know that
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

thanks guys. Im making a new program. Ill post it here when im done. Id like all your input. I am still going to lift 7 days a week , but the percentages are going to vary and im going to be doing more assistance work. Ill get it up in a couple hours or so. Im still very happy. Its a great day today
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.29%

Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    Have you ever did this? If so what were your results
    No I'm just alternating between 5/3/1 and linear progression depending on how I feel.

I wanted to do a smolov squat cycle recently because I have a shoulder injury, so I thought I could focus on my squat instead, but squating isnt' helping the healing process of my shoulder so I just stopped training for now altogether. I recently tore my pec major slightly, where it attaches at the top, tore my lat a bit + teres major, and tweaked my subscapularis pretty majorly... no fun.

Before I stopped training a couple weeks ago, I was doing 5/3/1 + Periodization Bible assistance but was squatting 3 times per week (linear progression) to improve my squat.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

OPTION 1- Workout program

Monday
    Squat (93%x2)
    Front Squat (2 sets of 2-3 reps..HEAVY)
    Farmers walks (2-3 sets of long grindy walks. punish the legs. Not to complete failure but work them good.)

Tuesday
    Squat (93%x1)
    Zercher Squats (2 sets of 2-3 reps..HEAVY)
    Bench Press (2 sets of 2-3 reps..HEAVY)

Wednesday
    Squat (93%x2)
    Farmers walks (2-3 sets of long grindy walks. punish the legs. Not to complete failure but work them good.)

Thursday
    Squat (93%x1)

Friday
    Squat (93%x2)

Saturday
    Squat (93%x1)

Sunday
    OFF

*** REPEAT ON THE NEXT WEEK (but the next week add pounds or reps onto the squat) (always progressing with every exercise)

I will do this until i reach a point when im not as sore while doing this over and over again. To the point when i can do all of this and still feel fresh. Once that happens i will add in agility + Conditioning work on top of this 3-5 times a week.

Mobility work will be done. Stretching will be done. Recovery is going to be as good as i can make it. Also. Deadlift is not in there. I think it is to taxing now that i think of it. And i think it will increase by itself with all the lower back work im doing. The Zerchers really target the lower back and i think that will help bump it up well.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _
    So guys this is option 1. option 2 is listed below. Tell me what you think is better and why. and any adjustments you think i should make.
    OPTION 2

Monday
    Squat (93%x2)
    Farmers walks (2-3 sets of long grindy walks. punish the legs.)

Tuesday
    Squat (93%x2)

Wednesday
    OFF
    Thursday
    Squat (93%x2)
    Farmers walks (2-3 sets of long grindy walks. punish the legs.)

Friday
    Squat (93%x2)

Saturday
    Squat (93% x2)
    Specialty (From sled pushes/drags to walking lunges to farmers walks again to just something to change it up and confuse the legs while still blasting them..maybe deads..? maybe some swimming?)

Sunday
    OFF

*** Same thing. All exercises are progressed on and squats increase in either weight or reps the following week. I will also add in conditioning and agilty probably on Monday Thursday and Saturday. Thats things like cone drills, footwork, hill sprints, tabata things, sprints, box jumps, ect...
    Bicep curls and dips and GRIP and lats and shoulders will all be mixed in throughout the week depending on how i feel on each day. I most likely will hit 4 sets each of what i listed right here. They won't be heavy because the compound lifts are what is going to increase them. But they will be tough and activate the muscle tissue enough.
    ______________________________ ______________
    THOUGHTS? i doubt anyone will read this.

also, on each off day i will still get some light streching/walking/active recovery in. very light though. All bodyweight. Nothing on the weights.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.29%

Do you have access to a prowler & GHR machine?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

no. I wish i did. Those are 2 things that would really help me. I thought the farmer walks could be a legit replacement for Prowler. Not completely, but somewhat. And a GHR machine is something i def want and need but probably won't have. Its horrible how they make such expensive equipment.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

although i coudl just hold off on the farmer walk bars and save more for a prowler. It would take longer though. If its worth it i will. but i know i need something that i can walk/run with. I was also looking into a safety squat bar because it sits well on your back and doing lunge jumps with it and running with it. I think that would be good.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

Iron_Will I'm gonna help you out brother.You want a GHR.When I went looking for my one I stumbled onto an American site.Now I'm Irish so it wouldn't ship to me but this will help you out big time and its cheap

http://orlandobarbell.com/finally-a-...raise-machine/

Don't say I never did anything for you

BTW a couple of sets of pull-ups would be pretty good in your routine.Keeping those lats strong will only help your DL and Bench Press out
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    Iron_Will I'm gonna help you out brother.You want a GHR.When I went looking for my one I stumbled onto an American site.Now I'm Irish so it wouldn't ship to me but this will help you out big time and its cheap

http://orlandobarbell.com/finally-a-...raise-machine/

Don't say I never did anything for you

BTW a couple of sets of pull-ups would be pretty good in your routine.Keeping those lats strong will only help your DL and Bench Press out
    thats actually pretty expensive. Do you think that would be better than a prowler/farmer walk bars. i could also walk backward to work the glutes with the farmers walks bars. Im just wondering if a GHR machine is the best thing to buy. Its still expensive, but i can save a little more for it.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Also what about this? This is the same thing right? Wayfair always has good deals as well. Also am i allowed to post links? If not, I will just type it in for you..

http://www.wayfair.com/Yukon-Fitness...FYeK4AodnkNL5w
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    thats actually pretty expensive. Do you think that would be better than a prowler/farmer walk bars. i could also walk backward to work the glutes with the farmers walks bars. Im just wondering if a GHR machine is the best thing to buy. Its still expensive, but i can save a little more for it.

My home gym is decked out lol.I'm an equipment freak.

Personally I think a GHR is a great way to help your squatting strength.There are always ways to build a homemade sprint sled.A prowler may be overkill but it is up to you.As for the famers walk bars there are loads of ways using pvc piping to rig them up.Its never been a desire of mine to train like a strongman or for conditioning but if thats a priority for you try and build one yourself and if your unable to then buy some farmers walk bars.

I'm not a powerlifting or weightlifting equipment expert.My interests are in the bodybuilding field
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    My home gym is decked out lol.I'm an equipment freak.

Personally I think a GHR is a great way to help your squatting strength.There are always ways to build a homemade sprint sled.A prowler may be overkill but it is up to you.As for the famers walk bars there are loads of ways using pvc piping to rig them up.Its never been a desire of mine to train like a strongman or for conditioning but if thats a priority for you try and build one yourself and if your unable to then buy some farmers walk bars.

I'm not a powerlifting or weightlifting equipment expert.My interests are in the bodybuilding field
    alright. i will think about it.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    Also what about this? This is the same thing right? Wayfair always has good deals as well. Also am i allowed to post links? If not, I will just type it in for you..

http://www.wayfair.com/Yukon-Fitness...FYeK4AodnkNL5w
    You could rig it for glute hams, though the build and positions are slightly different.

At the very least, I would suggest some rows or weighted pull ups at least twice a week since you're pressing often (even following the press). Also, you could RDL or perform weighted bridge/hip thrusts for hams, glutes, and lower back. RDLs won't be as heavy as a dead lift, but they'll add strength to your posterior chain. Loading on the bridges will also be lower (I was doing 100kg for my last 3x5) but they will hit your glutes hard.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

LOL, i just made some equipment.

1) Farmer walk handles - I took one of those adjustable dumbbell sets i got from dicksportinggoods and hook one end of a chain to each side. Screwed on the end caps so it hold the chains in. BOOM! did 2 of those. I also have fat gripz to attach to them. 150 bucks worth for free just by lookin!

2) Power Yoke bar (THIS THING: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-.../dp/B003GX1Y2Q)....What i did was took my bicep curl bar i never use. I stuck a squat bar pad on it (for when i bought it when i was like 16 and a boitch and couldn't squat without it..girly boy). So i just stuck it on this thing (not for comfort, but just to make it look legit), and i attached wraps (for deadlift grip strength) and looped them around the outside. And it looks exactly like the one at amazon. Only the safety squat part of it is wraps. Pretty awesome as well. It can hold up to i think... 3 45's on each side. Which comes to 270lbs + 15pounds bar weight? I think.. But im not going to be putting a lot on it. It will be for walkinglunges/power lunge jumps/single leg jumps.

Im still trying to formulate a program. Im looking am my weak areas ect.. im still not sure what im going to do. but im figuring it out. Im also thinking. and that is if i should go play sports or just go straight to a powerlifting club. I want to do something that im best at. Not sure...
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

MONDAY:
    Squat (455x3) (91% of MAX)
    SELECTION #1: Front Squats or Power Lunge variation (Jumps, Step ups, Sprints, Backpedaling)
    SELECTION #2: Bench Press or Dips
    ASSISTANCE: GRIP (Crushing + Pinching + Wrist/Forearm) + Pull ups

TUESDAY
    SELECTION #1: Good Morning or Zercher Squats
    ASSISTANCE: Farmers walks

WEDNESDAY:

THURSDAY:
    SELECTION #1: Front Squats or Power Lunge variation (Jumps, Step ups, Sprints, Backpedaling)
    ASSISTANCE: Bicep Curls (any variation) + Neck Harness

FRIDAY:
    SELECTION #1: Good Morning or Zercher Squats
    SELECTION #2: Bench Press or Dips
    ASSISTANCE: GRIP (Crushing + Pinching + Wrist/Forearm) + Pull ups

SATURDAY:
    OFF

SUNDAY:
    Squat (RE-MAX) (FIGURE OUT NEW 91%) (RE START MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)

*** Make sure your alternating the SELECTION 1 and 2 exercises. For example: good morning on Tuesday. Zercher Squats on Friday...
    *** Stretching to be done after each workout.
    *** Progress never stops.

EXPLANATION OF EACH LIFT:
    Good Morning: 2 sets of 2
    Zercher Squats: 2 sets of 2
    Front Squats: 2 sets of 2
    Power Lunge variations: Pick 2 total variations. progress on either reps/weight/time. Do not kill yourself.
    Bench Press: 3 sets of 2
    Dips: 3 sets of 4
    Bicep curls: 2 sets of 8 with any exercise
    GRIP: Work for no longer than 15-20 minutes. don't kill yourself
    Pull-ups: 2 sets of 6-8
    Farmers walks: 3 sets of walks total
    Neck Harness: 2 sets of 12-15

GUYS I THINK THIS IS THE PROGRAM IM GONNA DO. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. IM THINKING THIS IS THE ONE.

Thing is, im not sure if 93% is to much or not enough. Granted the other exercises are going to help my squat like you guys said because it will improve my weaknesses. But should i increase or decrease the squat percentage. Maybe go down to 90% or up to 95% (which i think is to much..95% for 5 days straight is imo, reason is because of all the assistance work)
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.09%

LOL, i just made some equipment.

1) Farmer walk handles - I took one of those adjustable dumbbell sets i got from dicksportinggoods and hook one end of a chain to each side. Screwed on the end caps so it hold the chains in. BOOM! did 2 of those. I also have fat gripz to attach to them. 150 bucks worth for free just by lookin!

2) Power Yoke bar (THIS THING: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-.../dp/B003GX1Y2Q)....What i did was took my bicep curl bar i never use. I stuck a squat bar pad on it (for when i bought it when i was like 16 and a boitch and couldn't squat without it..girly boy). So i just stuck it on this thing (not for comfort, but just to make it look legit), and i attached wraps (for deadlift grip strength) and looped them around the outside. And it looks exactly like the one at amazon. Only the safety squat part of it is wraps. Pretty awesome as well. It can hold up to i think... 3 45's on each side. Which comes to 270lbs + 15pounds bar weight? I think.. But im not going to be putting a lot on it. It will be for walkinglunges/power lunge jumps/single leg jumps.

Im still trying to formulate a program. Im looking am my weak areas ect.. im still not sure what im going to do. but im figuring it out. Im also thinking. and that is if i should go play sports or just go straight to a powerlifting club. I want to do something that im best at. Not sure...
    Yes.Now we're ****ing talking man.I made a pair of 18 inch dumbbell handles for myself about 2 years ago.Still working like a charm.I used a lot of welding and saw a regular straight bar in quarters.I had to add the curved end of otehr standard dumbbells to it.Cost me about 15.

You might have enough for that GHR now mate.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.93%

Killer 500 squat, dude! That definitely did not look as ugly as my squat grinders do, hahaha (it mostly just looked slow).
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

I powerlifting club may rip your routine a new one as many here did, just keep that in mind when you go. Also your squat is not of powerlifting style.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

I powerlifting club may rip your routine a new one as many here did, just keep that in mind when you go. Also your squat is not of powerlifting style.
    How far do you think i could get? In terms of winning against everyone?
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Not far. As said many, many times, your technique is freaking awful and you will get injured at some point. Plus, there aren't many squat only competitions and your template is incomplete for the 3 main lifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

Depends on what fed your compete in. The apf raw records at 181lbs is a 550 squat, 363 bench, and 588.5 deadlift with a 1507 total. It all depends on your other lifts. Since powerlifting is a 3 lift sport.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Not far. As said many, many times, your technique is freaking awful and you will get injured at some point. Plus, there aren't many squat only competitions and your template is incomplete for the 3 main lifts.
    To my knowledge there or no squat only comps, he would have to go full power and take token lifts in the other two.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Depends on what fed your compete in. The apf raw records at 181lbs is a 550 squat, 363 bench, and 588.5 deadlift with a 1507 total. It all depends on your other lifts. Since powerlifting is a 3 lift sport.
    is that with gear (knee wraps/suit)? If so i think everything would be over other than deads. Which would take some time to develop.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    how is my technique awful? My deadlift is not great. But my squat i have everything in check. The only thing is my upper back and hammys need work which is the reason i start leaning forward. considering i was doing a MAX attempt. Lets see your max attempt. please. Show me. Im sure your form is ****ing flawless.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

is that with gear (knee wraps/suit)? If so i think everything would be over other than deads. Which would take some time to develop.
    APF raw is just, raw, no knee wraps or suit
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

how is my technique awful? My deadlift is not great. But my squat i have everything in check. The only thing is my upper back and hammys need work which is the reason i start leaning forward. considering i was doing a MAX attempt. Lets see your max attempt. please. Show me. Im sure your form is ****ing flawless.
    In terms of powerlifting everything from your set up to walk to rep is bad. There is so much that needs to be changed to become a great powerlifter in terms of squating. Which is what rodja is refering to i believe. I could be wrong, however I dont oly squat so I cant comment on that type of lift. The two are different.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Your upper and lower back round, your glutes disappear at the bottom, your knees shoot forward, and your weight shifts throughout the movement.

There's obvious weakness in your core, glutes, and hamstrings and that's all that can be seen from that particular angle. There could be more as you can't see your feet and if your knees are moving inward.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.58%

In terms of powerlifting everything from your set up to walk to rep is bad. There is so much that needs to be changed to become a great powerlifter in terms of squating. Which is what rodja is refering to i believe. I could be wrong, however I dont oly squat so I cant comment on that type of lift. The two are different.
    ya. whatever. Its different though. I think hes mad at me for putting this log up or something. Seems like he has a bad hate towards me. Also i think walking it out further is harder. I do it so if i drop it it can roll behind me. Also if my back bent too far forward you never know. I don't want to bar to hit the rack and bounce back at my knees. Trust me. i know its dangerous and i have dropped it before , but i know what im doing.
    APF raw is just, raw, no knee wraps or suit
    oh. well im close on squat and the bench is pause correct? if so im under by probably 30lbs.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%

ya. whatever. Its different though. I think hes mad at me for putting this log up or something. Seems like he has a bad hate towards me. Also i think walking it out further is harder. I do it so if i drop it it can roll behind me. Also if my back bent too far forward you never know. I don't want to bar to hit the rack and bounce back at my knees. Trust me. i know its dangerous and i have dropped it before , but i know what im doing.

oh. well im close on squat and the bench is pause correct? if so im under by probably 30lbs.
    Ok well I understand why you walk out so far BUT there are still changes that need to be made, and rodja has pointed some out as well. And hes not mad at you, its immature to think so. He is a very bright man who has helped me many times. I suggest listening to him and drop the attitude. He can and will help you if you allow him too. And yes the bench is paused. However a meet is a totally different environment from training and you numbers may or may not produce at one. That is the beauty of comps vs gym lifts. Once you compete no one cares what your gym lifts are, its all about your meet lifts from then on.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ::: bLacKjAcK's Lifting Heavy Log :::
    By bLacKjAck. in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 04:36 AM
  2. Single Best Song for lifting.
    By planetfuzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM
  3. Lifting heavy while dieting...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6