Lifting Heavy every single day - LOG

diggyboo

diggyboo

Awards
Let me see if I can restate this:

You're young, inexperienced, and need to take a step back and listen. You currently have muscular imbalances and, without specific attention, this imbalance will become larger. A squat does not address a certain muscle because it is a compound movement and you will not become stronger at the squat by simply squatting. All you will do is use your strong areas and leave the weak areas behind. Now, you become better at the squat due to neural programming and improving technique, but that does not mean that you have become stronger from a muscular standpoint. I have seen someone add 50lbs to their squat overnight just from improving their setup under the bar. Did they magically become stronger from a muscular standpoint? No, but they addressed a specific weak area and they subsequently improved their numbers.

It takes years to master technique and you have shown that you need a **** load of work in this area, which should be your focus at your age, but what do I know? I only have a decade of experience and two degrees in the field.
Rodja are u a jujitsu man or a striker?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to hate the ground fighting but I've grow to love it. I love Anderson Silva he can do it all.
I HATE Anderson Silva. He's by far my least favorite fighter with Frank Mir behind him.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude you're taking too many steps back when you setup to squat. You would be able to lift more if you didn't do that. 1 step back is all you need, and no stepping side to side. I guess the more you lift, the more you'll figure this out on your own though. You want minimal movement before a lift, when powerlifting.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me see if I can restate this:

You're young, inexperienced, and need to take a step back and listen. You currently have muscular imbalances and, without specific attention, this imbalance will become larger. A squat does not address a certain muscle because it is a compound movement and you will not become stronger at the squat by simply squatting. All you will do is use your strong areas and leave the weak areas behind. Now, you become better at the squat due to neural programming and improving technique, but that does not mean that you have become stronger from a muscular standpoint. I have seen someone add 50lbs to their squat overnight just from improving their setup under the bar. Did they magically become stronger from a muscular standpoint? No, but they addressed a specific weak area and they subsequently improved their numbers.

It takes years to master technique and you have shown that you need a **** load of work in this area, which should be your focus at your age, but what do I know? I only have a decade of experience and two degrees in the field.
In other words...and to use an analogy:

You are building a sky scraper on an inadequate foundation without any supporting structures. Eventually, it is going to crumble to the ground.

And if you play on a decent college football team, the strength coaches will tear your muscular imbalances to shreds..you'll be doing all the things you should have been doing while the rest of the team is developing their squat and cleans.

Br

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
In other words...and to use an analogy:

You are building a sky scraper on an inadequate foundation without any supporting structures. Eventually, it is going to crumble to the ground.

And if you play on a decent college football team, the strength coaches will tear your muscular imbalances to shreds..you'll be doing all the things you should have been doing while the rest of the team is developing their squat and cleans.

Br
So tell me some ways i can improve. Im really itching to find out. Is it my Lowback/Hammys? I now understand you guys. Any advice on what exercises to correct my imbalances/what is weak. anything and everything. Because if you guys see it, it would be great for me to start training those.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's a ton of great articles on t-nation. I'm going through this myself and cleaning up form / mobility atm.

Optimize hip, thoracic-spine, and ankle mobility, and increase core strength/stability to watch your numbers likely shoot up

T NATION | Break Up Those Hips and Fix That Squat

This is another good article with a lot of helpful info:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_squat_good_exercise_gone_bad

Also, check out KStar's MWOD page

MobilityWOD

Besides this, I personally do a ton of assistance work for my posterior chain.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
There's a ton of great articles on t-nation. I'm going through this myself and cleaning up form / mobility atm.

Optimize hip, thoracic-spine, and ankle mobility, and increase core strength/stability to watch your numbers likely shoot up

T NATION | Break Up Those Hips and Fix That Squat

This is another good article with a lot of helpful info:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_squat_good_exercise_gone_bad

Also, check out KStar's MWOD page

MobilityWOD

Besides this, I personally do a ton of assistance work for my posterior chain.
So you think its a mobility issue? Not a weakness of something issue?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mobility issues generally also have some underlying muscular imbalance and weakness. I'll have to go back and watch your videos when I get some time. I think if you plan to lift heavy, then you should run some short blocks. One thing we do with the powerlifting team here is a schema like this

Week 1: 6 x 3 @ 88% 1RM
Week 2: 6 x 3 @ 90% 1RM
Week 3: 8 x 2 @ 93% 1Rm
Week 4: Unloading

We'll do that with our major lift, and then run a few complexes of ancillaries and core movements afterwards. It might be something like this:

Mon: Deadlift
Tue: Press
Wed: Conditioning and mobility
Thur: Squat
Fri: Bench press

Br

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People should really be just as passionate about doing mobility work on a daily basis, as they are with their lifting. Only then will you really be able to start getting towards your potential. If you floss your teeth, you should floss your muscles as well. Every person on this planet should be doing some sort of maintenance on themselves even if there is no real apparent 'issue' at hand. If you haven't already formed a mobility routine, you definitely should. It's game changing.

I just did a one month in-class 4 hour a week mobility intensive program, and it was only twice a week, which is a good start but not enough. I'm still learning. Not saying you need to do it for hours (it was an instructional class), but once you get the hang of things, you'll be doing mobility stuff daily here n there through the day. Before you lift, before bed, while watching TV, at your desk, on the plane, etc.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Mobility issues generally also have some underlying muscular imbalance and weakness. I'll have to go back and watch your videos when I get some time. I think if you plan to lift heavy, then you should run some short blocks. One thing we do with the powerlifting team here is a schema like this

Week 1: 6 x 3 @ 88% 1RM
Week 2: 6 x 3 @ 90% 1RM
Week 3: 8 x 2 @ 93% 1Rm
Week 4: Unloading

We'll do that with our major lift, and then run a few complexes of ancillaries and core movements afterwards. It might be something like this:

Mon: Deadlift
Tue: Press
Wed: Conditioning and mobility
Thur: Squat
Fri: Bench press

Br
Thanks for the info, but i think im going to continue my program. I think im going to add more mobility/stretching work. And im also going to change up the third exercise. so tomorrow i may do Good mornings in place of Suitcase Deads. Then the next day im going to do Bench. then the next ill do something else. Im also going to add some light core work. But nothing intense. I think im doing fine. I don't see the reason to stop if im making progress. If i have weak areas, so be it. I will work on them in WITH what im doing right now. But i feel strong. And i think improvement is really the only thing im looking for.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
People should really be just as passionate about doing mobility work on a daily basis, as they are with their lifting. Only then will you really be able to start getting towards your potential. If you floss your teeth, you should floss your muscles as well. Every person on this planet should be doing some sort of maintenance on themselves even if there is no real apparent 'issue' at hand. If you haven't already formed a mobility routine, you definitely should. It's game changing.

I just did a one month in-class 4 hour a week mobility intensive program, and it was only twice a week, which is a good start but not enough. I'm still learning. Not saying you need to do it for hours (it was an instructional class), but once you get the hang of things, you'll be doing mobility stuff daily here n there through the day. Before you lift, before bed, etc.
Im deff going to be adding some in.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow man all this great advice and your still gonna hard headed about this? Zir red and rodja are very knowledgable ppl with years of experience. They already pointed out obvious flaws in form, imbalances in muscles, and problems with your programing. Your so eager for progress yet your doing nothing for the future. The strength sport is a long term thing, if you put the work into your mobility and foundation the gains will come. They will also come with less injuries. But none the less you dont care bc in a few days you went from a sub par max triple to a near max triple, which to your is "progress". By all means charge down this path and you will see how far you get.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Wow man all this great advice and your still gonna hard headed about this? Zir red and rodja are very knowledgable ppl with years of experience. They already pointed out obvious flaws in form, imbalances in muscles, and problems with your programing. Your so eager for progress yet your doing nothing for the future. The strength sport is a long term thing, if you put the work into your mobility and foundation the gains will come. They will also come with less injuries. But none the less you dont care bc in a few days you went from a sub par max triple to a near max triple, which to your is "progress". By all means charge down this path and you will see how far you get.
so when i get 450, what will you say? that im weaker? use common sense. Im adding in some mobility and doing a couple things different. It seems like your doubting me with is ok. and thats the first time ive ever hit 415 for 3. In the past i could barely hit 2 and that was on a good day. So i see the volume and everything going well right now. Matter of fact, tell me how far you think i can go. tell me. i want to know. so i can prove you wrong. i can;t wait. just say it. how far.??? give a number

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so when i get 450, what will you say? that im weaker? use common sense. Im adding in some mobility and doing a couple things different. It seems like your doubting me with is ok. and thats the first time ive ever hit 415 for 3. In the past i could barely hit 2 and that was on a good day. So i see the volume and everything going well right now. Matter of fact, tell me how far you think i can go. tell me. i want to know. so i can prove you wrong. i can;t wait. just say it. how far.??? give a number
Your attitude is amazing, your age really shows. You say you dont have anyone to help you? I can clearly see why Mr. Know it all. All i was saying is your making a clear flaw of avoiding working on your base so that as you gain strength your form and technique improves and moves with your numbers. Look your first vids form was bad, and you added weight and it got worse. If you would step back do the work you should be doing that should never happen. But again, best of luck and I just hope you dont get injured.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
This is a serious question. Are you planning on hitting 450 in like 5-7 days?

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Your attitude is amazing, your age really shows. You say you dont have anyone to help you? I can clearly see why Mr. Know it all. All i was saying is your making a clear flaw of avoiding working on your base so that as you gain strength your form and technique improves and moves with your numbers. Look your first vids form was bad, and you added weight and it got worse. If you would step back do the work you should be doing that should never happen. But again, best of luck and I just hope you dont get injured.
Im not injured at all. my back is fine. sure, i see my back is getting weaker as i go up, but everything is going well. If i end up hitting 450 for 3 reps i guarantee you that the 415x3 will go up with ease. No matter how bad the 450x3 form looks.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
This is a serious question. Are you planning on hitting 450 in like 5-7 days?
honestly, hopefully in 2-3 days. I said i would only go up 10 pounds a day but you guys are firing me up. Expect a huge surprise tomorrow. Im gonna prove all you wrong. im hoping for 425x3 dead and 435 squat x3. I know it seems far fetched, but i could care less. BRING IT!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
honestly, hopefully in 2-3 days. I said i would only go up 10 pounds a day but you guys are firing me up. Expect a huge surprise tomorrow. Im gonna prove all you wrong. im hoping for 425x3 dead and 435 squat x3. I know it seems far fetched, but i could care less. BRING IT!
I'm not bashing you bro I hope you can do it. I was just wondering if I was understanding what your trying to do right.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I'm not bashing you bro I hope you can do it. I was just wondering if I was understanding what your trying to do right.
my goal is to progress. Once i hit 450x3 i will re-evaluate everything and go from there. Who knows. Considering what 415 felt like theres no way i could have hit 430 today. Tomorrow im going to hit either 425 or 430 or 435. Then im gonna go to 450 and finish this off in 2 days. Motor recruitment + A will to win = success. Once i hit 450 i think im going to start doing sets of 2 instead of 3. So recovery improves and volume lowers. I will also probably add a belt just because i will be lifting very heavy. My goal will eventually to hit 500 for 1 but thats a long term goal in which im not sure how long it will take. whether it takes 1 week or 1 month or 1 year i will hit it. But i know for a fact that by Saturday 450x3 will be up. 100%. BOOM!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im not injured at all. my back is fine. sure, i see my back is getting weaker as i go up, but everything is going well. If i end up hitting 450 for 3 reps i guarantee you that the 415x3 will go up with ease. No matter how bad the 450x3 form looks.
Right your not injured now, but thats the bad part about injuries, they dont always take time. And I dont think any here says you cant improve your numbers at this point. We all are saying that there are much smarter and better ways to go about this.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Right your not injured now, but thats the bad part about injuries, they dont always take time. And I dont think any here says you cant improve your numbers at this point. We all are saying that there are much smarter and better ways to go about this.
lol. really? So im being stupid? Sure im risking injury, but if i can squat 450x3 reps in 1 day compares to 1 month. iagine all the extra time i have to improve after that. ITS SIMPLE BASIC PRINCIPALS. take ph's. You can train more frequently, everything gains faster. Thats why people do them. im not saying im 100% right, but the way im progressing right now makes no sense to just back off and do things slow. just my opinion,. Really none of your opinions make sense in the fact that if i back down and work up to a perfect form. Or i go up and hit 450x3. i bet you money that i could drop down and hit 405x3 faster than if i went down and worked back up to 405. granted, it might not be the best long term decision due to other things but like i said. a 500lb squat/deadlift is all i want. anything after that is just pushing things to far. 500lbs is great imo esp. at ,my bodyweight.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didnt say you are being dumb, your attitude is just out there. Grow up for minute. And your form sucks no matter how much you lift at this point. And 500 is ok not great by any means. And if thats all your after why are you rushing so hard?

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I didnt say you are being dumb, your attitude is just out there. Grow up for minute. And your form sucks no matter how much you lift at this point. And 500 is ok not great by any means. And if thats all your after why are you rushing so hard?
grow up for a minute? huh? Im stating my opinion.; Sorry if it too STRONG for you. My form suks now? how does it suk/ tell me exactly why. and then ill respond. My back is dipping a bit but it doesn't suck. everything is in line. Knees slightly over the toes. back tight. Core tight. Head up. Weight on heels. cmon man. ur bringing nothing. 500 is ok at 180? what world do you live in? 455 is 2.5x my bodyweight. An in a sport you shouldn't be squatting more than even2x. I know guys like Adrian Peterson who goes in once a week and does 315 for 15 reps on the squat just to maintain because he feels strength is not as important anymore. Its more about reading and being quicker. The guy from Pittsburgh.. Palamolu i think does mar marinovich training with weights no heavier than 20lbs. hes amazing. Weight training builds a good base. but like i said. If i can maintain with 500 , so be it. but i was even thinking of maintaining with 405. We will see how this goes.

Im trying to get there as fast as possible because i am impatient #1. #2 is that im not going to sit around and be lazy. Im improving as fast as possible. Simple as that. And yes. I have been doubted before. I always prove them wrong. just watch tomorrow morning. c you later during the day. I have stuff i gotta do after my morning lift.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think your form looks pretty solid. Are there fixes needed? Probably - I would love to see Zir's input on this. It's possible a profile camera view would help/change *my* assessment. But looks over 90% right. I think the others are very much overreacting because what your routine is goes against most lifting dogma, and they're taking this personally. I do not know enough on either side to make much of a claim on this issue, but I will say that I raise an eyebrow at least at the overtraining aspect. The muscle imbalance is a very important point, though, and if you for some bizarre reason refuse to do assistance work to address this you have to at least use very sub-maximal weights on the squat to re-drill proper form. If you continue training with good form trying to hit max weights, you should not run into a problem. I totally disagree with the point that only squatting will increase muscle imbalances. That will happen if you have bad form, increase weight, and continue this progression until you plateau. Squatting with proper form and continually increasing will not do this. Maybe this might be a bad extrapolation because I'm not sure how clean and jerks and snatches train your body (in an academic sense), but Broz trainees only squat, deadlift, clean and jerk, and do snatches for their lifting, and they are proving to be some of the strongest out there. See Pat Mendes squatting 800 ATG in nothing but knee sleeves. (They do do conditioning in the PM and I don't know what that involves).

For the deadlift, I do think your form needs improvement, and Rodja nailed the problems there. And I think you WILL have to change your programming based on this and incorporate assistance work to fix it. You need to learn to fall back on the deadlift. Right now you lean forward at the start and lead the movement with your butt - this is incorrect. And you will plateau here. I recommend throwing in upper back work here and then reassessing. And saying that X is a weakness because that's where your form breaks down - is correct; but saying that it can't be fixed by working the same movement is not necessarily correct. It's just more "practical" I guess to use assistance movements that *target* the weak spot.

Lastly, a case for heavy lifting all the time: http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/Q_%26_A/Entries/2010/5/28_Central_nervous_system.html

S
ummation in case anyone here missed it: I think there's grounds for lifting heavy every day, it definitely can be done with success. But if your form is breaking down early on (like in the deadlift) it's time to address muscle imbalances as they're obviously not getting fixed by increasing your weight. Lastly, you don't seem to be in need of hip mobility work yet (but if you are feeling tight there please hit it up).

FWIW I increased my DL from 285 to 500 in 5 months by training heavy every DL day. Hasn't gone up substantially since, which happens to coincide with a change in training style (but honestly there are multiple factors at work here).

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I think your form looks pretty solid. Are there fixes needed? Probably - I would love to see Zir's input on this. It's possible a profile camera view would help/change *my* assessment. But looks over 90% right. I think the others are very much overreacting because what your routine is goes against most lifting dogma, and they're taking this personally. I do not know enough on either side to make much of a claim on this issue, but I will say that I raise an eyebrow at least at the overtraining aspect. The muscle imbalance is a very important point, though, and if you for some bizarre reason refuse to do assistance work to address this you have to at least use very sub-maximal weights on the squat to re-drill proper form. If you continue training with good form trying to hit max weights, you should not run into a problem. I totally disagree with the point that only squatting will increase muscle imbalances. That will happen if you have bad form, increase weight, and continue this progression until you plateau. Squatting with proper form and continually increasing will not do this. Maybe this might be a bad extrapolation because I'm not sure how clean and jerks and snatches train your body (in an academic sense), but Broz trainees only squat, deadlift, clean and jerk, and do snatches for their lifting, and they are proving to be some of the strongest out there. See Pat Mendes squatting 800 ATG in nothing but knee sleeves. (They do do conditioning in the PM and I don't know what that involves).

For the deadlift, I do think your form needs improvement, and Rodja nailed the problems there. And I think you WILL have to change your programming based on this and incorporate assistance work to fix it. You need to learn to fall back on the deadlift. Right now you lean forward at the start and lead the movement with your butt - this is incorrect. And you will plateau here. I recommend throwing in upper back work here and then reassessing. And saying that X is a weakness because that's where your form breaks down - is correct; but saying that it can't be fixed by working the same movement is not necessarily correct. It's just more "practical" I guess to use assistance movements that *target* the weak spot.

Lastly, a case for heavy lifting all the time: http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/Q_%26_A/Entries/2010/5/28_Central_nervous_system.html

S
ummation in case anyone here missed it: I think there's grounds for lifting heavy every day, it definitely can be done with success. But if your form is breaking down early on (like in the deadlift) it's time to address muscle imbalances as they're obviously not getting fixed by increasing your weight. Lastly, you don't seem to be in need of hip mobility work yet (but if you are feeling tight there please hit it up).

FWIW I increased my DL from 285 to 500 in 5 months by training heavy every DL day. Hasn't gone up substantially since, which happens to coincide with a change in training style (but honestly there are multiple factors at work here).
finally someone who i agree with. obviously my deadlift has always been like that though. is it bad that way? i honestly like it that way simple because its more of my hammys/back instead of my legs which to be honest aren't too powerful after doing squats

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
2/14/12: Squats ONLY.

Hey guys. Back with an update. Feeling like ****. I got 425x3 reps, and felt like crap. But i still got it and thats +10lbs. I still plan on hitting 450x3 by Thursday. But who knows. I am feeling under the weather today. After i gt done squatting felt like crap. I am ticked off at a lot of things right now. I think my body is getting pissed at what im doing, but im not going to stop. I did not do deadlifts. So yes. the program did change. but i still plan on doing them every other day. I think they are a bit more taxing and doing them every other day will help. considering i should feel stronger and more refreshed. So tomorrow i expect a big day from squats and deads. Hopefully 435 for squats and 425 for deads. Continuing the push it and its already tough. But without the deads every day and without the squats as a 2nd part of the day i should be doing good in the next week. I also plan on changing to doubles and wearing a belt once i go above 450. that should help me get to at least 475. then singles to 500. we'll see.

Squat 425x3: VIDEO
[video=youtube;ub29r5lPMkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub29r5lPMkI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
2/14/12: Squats ONLY.

Hey guys. Back with an update. Feeling like ****. I got 425x3 reps, and felt like crap. But i still got it and thats +10lbs. I still plan on hitting 450x3 by Thursday. But who knows. I am feeling under the weather today. After i gt done squatting felt like crap. I am ticked off at a lot of things right now. I think my body is getting pissed at what im doing, but im not going to stop. I did not do deadlifts. So yes. the program did change. but i still plan on doing them every other day. I think they are a bit more taxing and doing them every other day will help. considering i should feel stronger and more refreshed. So tomorrow i expect a big day from squats and deads. Hopefully 435 for squats and 425 for deads. Continuing the push it and its already tough. But without the deads every day and without the squats as a 2nd part of the day i should be doing good in the next week. I also plan on changing to doubles and wearing a belt once i go above 450. that should help me get to at least 475. then singles to 500. we'll see.

Squat 425x3: VIDEO
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub29r5lPMkI&feature=youtu.be
Looks like you did that pretty easily to me. I could see you getting 450.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Looks like you did that pretty easily to me. I could see you getting 450.
I could barely hit 450 for 1 before i started this program. It was like a slow grindy rep. So yea. Hopefully either tomorrow or the next day. I think tomorrow could be a breakout day because i literally hit those 3 reps and thats it today. With the extra rest and all that, i think i could be in for a big day tomorrow. But im hoping, not saying it going to happen. If i feel decent tomorrow ill just go for 435-440. then hit 450 on thursday.

Roniboney

Awards
You squat high bar and then you DL.Good bye lower back.It will happen eventually dude.

Good numbers but look at your lower back on that 3rd rep.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both of your lifts looked pretty good for high intensity sets. I couldn't see your feet in either, so things may change when I look at that.
I will say, next time you make a squat video, just tape when you squat. I don't need to sit through a minute and half of setting up the bar :)

Now, as for the program you are on. I can see you doing this for maybe 2-3 weeks, unloading, and then starting something with more ancillary work and exercises to fix weak spots in the kinetic chain and sticking points. Do that for two 3 week blocks, and then run another 2-3 weeks of heavy lifting, and I think (at least while you're young) you may be on to something. To keep lifting like this year round, however, I would expect CNS fatigue and perhaps some tissue damage.

Br

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would personally just do every other day, linear progression like Starting Strength which has a ton of backing behind it. You'll be able to go further with it and still move quickly if you want. Just my suggestion.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Both of your lifts looked pretty good for high intensity sets. I couldn't see your feet in either, so things may change when I look at that.
I will say, next time you make a squat video, just tape when you squat. I don't need to sit through a minute and half of setting up the bar :)

Now, as for the program you are on. I can see you doing this for maybe 2-3 weeks, unloading, and then starting something with more ancillary work and exercises to fix weak spots in the kinetic chain and sticking points. Do that for two 3 week blocks, and then run another 2-3 weeks of heavy lifting, and I think (at least while you're young) you may be on to something. To keep lifting like this year round, however, I would expect CNS fatigue and perhaps some tissue damage.

Br
thanks man. yea, i think im going to start doing every other day once i get to either 450 or 500. But ive been doing this for 3 months already. I was just doing heavy singles instead of triples. So you could say ive squatted about 86 out of 90 days straight. And i feel good. I felt sick this morning though because i had nothing in my stomach. I just had a caffeine tab. Which is stupid but i was in a rush.
You squat high bar and then you DL.Good bye lower back.It will happen eventually dude.

Good numbers but look at your lower back on that 3rd rep.
Look at what? My lumbar spine is not curving at all. It has an arch throughout the lift. My feet are more close so its more of a quad dominate movement. Say bye bye? Ive had such bad back pain to the point where i couldn't even stand up without my back locking out. That was about a year ago. Since i started squatting, work doesn't hurt my lower back anymore. And ive never felt stronger. Go lift some more of your tufu dumbells.
I would personally just do every other day, linear progression like Starting Strength which has a ton of backing behind it. You'll be able to go further with it and still move quickly if you want. Just my suggestion.
I agree every other day would work out good with some more lifts like front squats ect... starting strength? Science? Cmon man,. Thats some b.s. Lifting 5x5 is for beginners. If you want to be strong, 5x5 will only take you so far before it takes you months go up even 5 ,lbs. Lift heavy crap and you grow. period.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not talking about 5x5. Do some reading. I know people who squat over 400 who do starting strength. Just because it's called starting, does not make it beginner. If you're able to recover quickly, then a linear progression program that's aggressive like starting strength would suit you. It's made for people who recover and make gains FAST that's the only reason why anyone should associate it with beginners, because they make quick gains. Geez man, read up

If you don't want to do any reading, starting strength basically is 3 sets of 5, every other day, with 2 days off at end of the week. Weights go up every workout by 5 pounds, typically for months before resetting. I did this and went up 10 pounds instead, for over a month, and I'm no beginner.

I switched to 5/3/1 to do assistance work and work on the week spots, and now I'm mixing in more aggressive linear progression to my squat again, to boost it up quickly since I've delt with my issues. Be smart and train smart, and just read more dude.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not talking about 5x5. Do some reading. I know people who lift over 400 who do starting strength. Just because it's called starting, does not make it beginner. If you're able to recover quickly, then a linear progression program that's aggressive like starting strength would suit you. It's made for people who recover and make gains FAST that's the only reason why anyone should associate it with beginners, because they make quick gains. Geez man, read up
Don't you know that reading and science are pointless when it comes to getting stronger? He already knows what he's doing.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I'm not talking about 5x5. Do some reading. I know people who lift over 400 who do starting strength. Just because it's called starting, does not make it beginner. If you're able to recover quickly, then a linear progression program that's aggressive like starting strength would suit you. It's made for people who recover and make gains FAST that's the only reason why anyone should associate it with beginners, because they make quick gains. Geez man, read up
link? If its anything over 3 reps i don't like it. To much time to recover and it will limit how much you can lift. That why i said once i hit 450x3 im going to doubles with a belt. Then to singles once i hit 475 for 2.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
link? If its anything over 3 reps i don't like it. To much time to recover and it will limit how much you can lift. That why i said once i hit 450x3 im going to doubles with a belt. Then to singles once i hit 475 for 2.
I edited my post while you were replying, with more info in it. If you want to know more, search teh googles

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I edited my post while you were replying, with more info in it. If you want to know more, search teh googles
I dont agree with 5 reps. it could work but i like heavier

Roniboney

Awards
Look at what? My lumbar spine is not curving at all. It has an arch throughout the lift. My feet are more close so its more of a quad dominate movement. Say bye bye? Ive had such bad back pain to the point where i couldn't even stand up without my back locking out. That was about a year ago. Since i started squatting, work doesn't hurt my lower back anymore. And ive never felt stronger. Go lift some more of your tufu dumbells.
It did curve because you bounced.You lean in forward and you can see it move.You are going to hurt yourself

You really think your programme is any good.Countless posters have told you what a bad idea it is and you still persist calling people pussies.Your the ***** who doesn't want to listen to the more experienced among us.

FYI when I was 19 I injured my right lower lumbar,herniated my L1-L2 disk couldn't stand up fro more than a week and couldn't lift a weight for nearly 3 months.I have more experience with back pain than you ever will so don't try and school me.

Your showing your age with how headstrong and rude your being.

Read a book,do some research and stop trying to justify why you'll be fine doing squats twice a day.You won't be and never will be.Professional weightlifters have coaches,physio's ice baths ect.. at their disposal.You ain't got ****

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
It did curve because you bounced.

You really think your programme is any good.Countless posters have told you what a bad idea it is and you still persist calling people pussies.Your the ***** who doesn't want to listen to the more experienced among us.

FYI when I was 19 I injured my right lower lumbar,herniated my L1-L2 disk couldn't stand up fro more than a week and couldn't lift a weight for nearly 3 months.I have more experience with back pain than you ever will so don't try and school me.

Your showing your age with how headstrong and rude your being.

Read a book,do some research and stop trying to justify why you'll be fine doing squats twice a day.You won't be and never will be.Professional weightlifters have coaches,physio's ice baths ect.. at their disposal.You ain't got ****
lol buddy. Ive had a back back pain to the point where i was in the hopstial and they told me i have lower spine arthritis of an old man. They said i would be weak my whole life. SAY WHAT?!... My lower back is strong imo. Stronger than i thought it could be. And why does this program suck when im clearly progressing? Why? Your saying that taking things slower works better. and they both work. But my program is on steroids. It works faster than your squatting 2 times a week does. BOOM!

not being a dick, but cmon man. The things your saying are stupid.. your claims

1) Your lumbar got hurt. MY LUMAR HAS BEEN HURT, AND IT WILL BE FINE. THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION OF WHOS LUMBAR INJURY WAS THE WORST. MINE WILL BE FINE. YOU JUST JEALOUS IM TAKING THE RISKS TO REAP THE BIG BOY REWARDS.

2) you think my program suks. HOW? IM PROGRESSING. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

3) read a book? THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? YOUR TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT.

4) i aint got crap? I CAN TAKE AN ICE BATH. I CAN HAVE ALL THE FOOD I WANT. I CAN DO HEAT THING, MOBILITY DRILLS, ect... DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW MY LIFE. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

5) You might think im acting tough but im not. Im simply stating that your points make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I know the tufu dumbbells in the previous post might have aggravated you, but i was joking around. Sorry if your estrogen flared up and you started talking like a Bitch.

Roniboney

Awards
lol buddy. Ive had a back back pain to the point where i was in the hopstial and they told me i have lower spine arthritis of an old man. They said i would be weak my whole life. SAY WHAT?!... My lower back is strong imo. Stronger than i thought it could be. And why does this program suck when im clearly progressing? Why? Your saying that taking things slower works better. and they both work. But my program is on steroids. It works faster than your squatting 2 times a week does. BOOM!

not being a dick, but cmon man. The things your saying are stupid.. your claims

1) Your lumbar got hurt. MY LUMAR HAS BEEN HURT, AND IT WILL BE FINE. THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION OF WHOS LUMBAR INJURY WAS THE WORST. MINE WILL BE FINE. YOU JUST JEALOUS IM TAKING THE RISKS TO REAP THE BIG BOY REWARDS.

2) you think my program suks. HOW? IM PROGRESSING. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

3) read a book? THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? YOUR TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT.

4) i aint got crap? I CAN TAKE AN ICE BATH. I CAN HAVE ALL THE FOOD I WANT. I CAN DO HEAT THING, MOBILITY DRILLS, ect... DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW MY LIFE. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

5) You might think im acting tough but im not. Im simply stating that your points make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I know the tufu dumbbells in the previous post might have aggravated you, but i was joking around. Sorry if your estrogen flared up and you started talking like a Bitch.

Sigh..............

Showing your age here dude you really are.

Your 2 days into a programme and your progressing.......no really.Give it 2 weeks dude.

Trying to look out for you bro,as rude and young as you are you don't deserve an injury.Nobody does.

I'm not having a competition over whose back is the more ****ed up man.If what you say is true respect but the fact that your not even considering another approach and that you just arrived at lifitng every day is baffling.I use these forums for advice and to listen to that advice.

Nah my estrogen couldn't be acting up.I'm using Epistane atm :)

at the end of the day your gonna do what your gonna do.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Sigh..............

Showing your age here dude you really are.

Your 2 days into a programme and your progressing.......no really.Give it 2 weeks dude.

Trying to look out for you bro,as rude and young as you are you don't deserve an injury.Nobody does.

I'm not having a competition over whose back is the more ****ed up man.If what you say is true respect but the fact that your not even considering another approach and that you just arrived at lifitng every day is baffling.I use these forums for advice and to listen to that advice.

Nah my estrogen couldn't be acting up.I'm using Epistane atm :)

at the end of the day your gonna do what your gonna do.
Dude, ive been lifting everyday for i would say 85-86 out of 90 days. I started with a measly 280-315 pounds squat. I got up to 450 in just that amount of time. Without the ph's.

Im glad your using epistane. But if its for a competition your a cheater. I hate people who cheat. Esp. in MMA. but if its for general fitness, thats your choice. Good for you. i hope you have proper pct.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, ive been lifting everyday for i would say 85-86 out of 90 days. I started with a measly 280-315 pounds squat. I got up to 450 in just that amount of time. Without the ph's.

Im glad your using epistane. But if its for a competition your a cheater. I hate people who cheat. Esp. in MMA. but if its for general fitness, thats your choice. Good for you. i hope you have proper pct.
Such a naive soul to think that MMA is clean. Regardless, your arrogance has reached a new level with your last few posts.

Roniboney

Awards

did you mention this at the start of the log.

I've seen so many kids hurt themselves from lifitng heavy everyday.Didn't want to see you go the same road.You may be headstrong but nobody deserves to get injured.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm in the wrong in certain respects.I'm still not happy with it and I think that eventually your body will fight back but good luck to you.Your gonna do it anyway.We'll all be here to follow along.

For a competition?No.If I was competing I would obv compete in untested.If people ask are you using steroids I tell them how much I'm using,what I'm using ect...Its for fitness,that is all.
My PCT is spot on imo and according to others.

You using atm?

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Such a naive soul to think that MMA is clean. Regardless, your arrogance has reached a new level with your last few posts.
MMA clean as in drugs/. Its not at all. But if you think taking steroids in a fight is good or you are accepting it, you have problems. there was a girrl who just tested positive who beat the hell otu of a tiny asian girl. Imagine that, Thats like murder. My arrogance has reached a new level.

Guess what? I could care less what any of you think of me. Im simply posting some things that i do, Im posting videos and tracking my progress, while you guys CRITIQUE my form and say its a bad thing when ive been progressing with it for a while now. And i tell you that and you say im wrong this that... Listen. im not doing this for myself. I want to spread the knowledge i have gained over the months and show to people that 3-5 day typical splits are typical and thats not the only thing that works. Seems like everyone other than a couple people.. (other than zir red, big intentions ect..) .. othet than those guys and a couple more, you all seem to be jealous in a way or just plain hate me/ my methods. If you are going to say something stupid that makes no sense (like the post a couple up) then just leave, because obviously that guy above has no idea what he talking about.