Lifting Heavy every single day - LOG

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Speed day according to westside barbell is 50-60% of maximal weight plus accommodating resistance in a pendulum wave.
    For the raw lifter, many of the principles employed by Westside do not apply (e.g. accommodating resistance for every DE). The speed day for Westside varies from 40-50% for bench and 50-60% for squatting. The 30% number comes from studies measuring power output in terms of wattage. Believe it or not, Westside is not the be all, end all of strength training. I'm by no means saying it's crap, but it is incomplete.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  2. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    I understand i need work in other areas and its going to limit me if i don't train things like GHR, ect.. but for now im working for what i have. And to be honest. If i do get to 450 what will you say.. that im weak or something? Im just going to do this. Ill see how it works out.

    And if speed becomes an issue for real, i can add a couple sets of 3 with like 225 at the end to do that. But for now, im good with whats going on.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  3. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Your technique needs a lot of work. Your upper back starts to round, your core is not strong enough, and you need hamstring and glute work. Set aside your desire for higher numbers and learn how to properly do the lift. Part of your problem is your approach: they are movements and you should be trained as such. To work the squat solely as a means to train legs and the deadlift just to train the erectors is going to limit your numbers.
    Like i said, i agree with you, but the squat deadlift and bench are 3 compound exercises. If i work on GHR only for i month my Squat (which has the most carryover) is not going to go up. It might, and paired with the GHR it might. But the program i am doing right now is different from anything else. Tomorrow im going to keep moving up. Maybe i will fail one of these times. who knows. Im just hoping for the best.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    goddamn I will say this.You are very strong for a 19 year old man.How many hours was it from your first squat workout?
    I think 4. can't remember. I didn't want to wait too long because my body was actually pretty lose going into the second workout.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  5. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    The weight goes up slower, but that does not mean you are lifting the weight slowly. Think of a jump as an example: you can't try to jump slowly if you're attempting to hit a new PR. The same principle applies to a ME.
    That's true your muscles have to contract extremely hard for maximal weight, but u also don't try to jump with maximal weight. Jumping is plyometric, ur muscles are relaxed then forced to contract extremely hard. Same with speed bench. The goal being to shorten the amortization phase of the lift. This is what speed work does.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    I understand i need work in other areas and its going to limit me if i don't train things like GHR, ect.. but for now im working for what i have. And to be honest. If i do get to 450 what will you say.. that im weak or something? Im just going to do this. Ill see how it works out.

    And if speed becomes an issue for real, i can add a couple sets of 3 with like 225 at the end to do that. But for now, im good with whats going on.
    What I will say is that you're being young and stupid. You can do good mornings, stiff legged deads, BB lunges, front squats, and other lifts to address your weak spots.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    For the raw lifter, many of the principles employed by Westside do not apply (e.g. accommodating resistance for every DE). The speed day for Westside varies from 40-50% for bench and 50-60% for squatting. The 30% number comes from studies measuring power output in terms of wattage. Believe it or not, Westside is not the be all, end all of strength training. I'm by no means saying it's crap, but it is incomplete.
    Blasphemer!!!! Lol
  8. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What I will say is that you're being young and stupid. You can do good mornings, stiff legged deads, BB lunges, front squats, and other lifts to address your weak spots.
    Should i add good mornings at the end of each day instead of suitcase deads? Would that help. And lunges are crap. I don't believe in them. I trained them singly and they weakened my squat (in the past) and i felt like a stick legged boy. Front squats are good. I should throw those in maybe on the 2nd part of the day. SLD are good, but my deads are already like that if you watch the video. I know my form isn't perfect but everything is in lin enough so injury will not happen. sure i might not be making the best LONG term choices, but if i can eventually squat/deadlift 450 for reps theres really nothing else to talk about imo. i would be ecstatic.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  9. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    What I will say is that you're being young and stupid. You can do good mornings, stiff legged deads, BB lunges, front squats, and other lifts to address your weak spots.
    I would agree, the most important thing in my workouts is week point training. Lower body I work my posterior chain hard
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    Like i said, i agree with you, but the squat deadlift and bench are 3 compound exercises. If i work on GHR only for i month my Squat (which has the most carryover) is not going to go up. It might, and paired with the GHR it might. But the program i am doing right now is different from anything else. Tomorrow im going to keep moving up. Maybe i will fail one of these times. who knows. Im just hoping for the best.
    GHR is an assistance lift and should be treated as such. No person in their right mind is going to recommend solely working on them. Honestly, there is very little design and programming in your template.

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    That's true your muscles have to contract extremely hard for maximal weight, but u also don't try to jump with maximal weight. Jumping is plyometric, ur muscles are relaxed then forced to contract extremely hard. Same with speed bench. The goal being to shorten the amortization phase of the lift. This is what speed work does.
    It's not about the weight; it is about increasing the rate of force development and bar speed.

    The jumping was an example of how you still have to have maximal contraction and speed even with a ME. Although it is not weighted, the same principles apply to a maximal high jump as they do to a squat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    GHR is an assistance lift and should be treated as such. No person in their right mind is going to recommend solely working on them. Honestly, there is very little design and programming in your template.
    I agree with you. Its very dull. BUT, in the end, if i can lift more weight, i WILL be stronger. So are you just saying that you are doubting me? Take for example, you work other movements soley, and come back lifting 300 for 5 reps with it previously being only 2 reps. But i do my program and end up hitting 340 for 3 reps. I guarantee you i can move that 300 for 5 reps just as quick as you can. Therefore, everything will strength. Doing main things is good, but i think your missing the fact that squatting is a compound exercise. It works everything. If i progress the squat, there is no need to work on anything else. If i start to decline (which could happen), then yea. Maybe deload a bit, and start working more assistance work that will help my weak points. But from here on, as long as im improving, nothing else matters. Ill go from here till 5000 pounds if possible. Obviously not. But you get what i mean.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    I agree with you. Its very dull. BUT, in the end, if i can lift more weight, i WILL be stronger. So are you just saying that you are doubting me? Take for example, you work other movements soley, and come back lifting 300 for 5 reps with it previously being only 2 reps. But i do my program and end up hitting 340 for 3 reps. I guarantee you i can move that 300 for 5 reps just as quick as you can. Therefore, everything will strength. Doing main things is good, but i think your missing the fact that squatting is a compound exercise. It works everything. If i progress the squat, there is no need to work on anything else. If i start to decline (which could happen), then yea. Maybe deload a bit, and start working more assistance work that will help my weak points. But from here on, as long as im improving, nothing else matters. Ill go from here till 5000 pounds if possible. Obviously not. But you get what i mean.
    Ugh, kids these days....

    It is true that squats are a compound exercise, but, if you choose to neglect assistance work, all you will do is increase the gap in your strengths and weakness. You do not get stronger at the squat by squatting; you get stronger at the squat by addressing your technique and your weak spots. You already have noticeable imbalances and they will only become more prominent unless you address them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ugh, kids these days....

    It is true that squats are a compound exercise, but, if you choose to neglect assistance work, all you will do is increase the gap in your strengths and weakness. You do not get stronger at the squat by squatting; you get stronger at the squat by addressing your technique and your weak spots. You already have noticeable imbalances and they will only become more prominent unless you address them.
    Sorry, but it really doesn't make sense. If im getting stronger on the squat, than that means im not getting stronger because im not addressing the weaknesses? And if i can squat 100lbs more, im sure my WEAK points are going to suk hard when i go back to that weight.

    for example,, if my weak point is half way through when my back start going forward. What i can do is some good morning/Front squats to correct that and strengthen that. But if my squat continues to go up without that, will i always not be able to move that weight i struggled with at first and have problems all the time? NO. Because if i increase my squat, everything else will go up. My speed with that weight that use to be heavy will be easy and i will blast throught that so called weak point you think i never address.

    Im not understanding your theory. But to a point. If i stall which could happen, maybe tomorrow? maybe in a week? Maybe in a couple days? I will most likely have to deload and start doing other work to strengthen my weak points. Simple as that. right now, everyone including me has weak points. The bigger your squat gets, your fine. simply because those weak points with get stronger.

    If im doing the squat and there is a weak point in the squat, then the weak point must be getting WEAKENED AND FATIGUED because i am working it. Therefore it is going to grow due to the stress. It might hold me back. but why change things up when your progressing? Makes no sense.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  14. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    Sorry, but it really doesn't make sense. If im getting stronger on the squat, than that means im not getting stronger because im not addressing the weaknesses? And if i can squat 100lbs more, im sure my WEAK points are going to suk hard when i go back to that weight.

    for example,, if my weak point is half way through when my back start going forward. What i can do is some good morning/Front squats to correct that and strengthen that. But if my squat continues to go up without that, will i always not be able to move that weight i struggled with at first and have problems all the time? NO. Because if i increase my squat, everything else will go up. My speed with that weight that use to be heavy will be easy and i will blast throught that so called weak point you think i never address.

    Im not understanding your theory. But to a point. If i stall which could happen, maybe tomorrow? maybe in a week? Maybe in a couple days? I will most likely have to deload and start doing other work to strengthen my weak points. Simple as that. right now, everyone including me has weak points. The bigger your squat gets, your fine. simply because those weak points with get stronger.

    If im doing the squat and there is a weak point in the squat, then the weak point must be getting WEAKENED AND FATIGUED because i am working it. Therefore it is going to grow due to the stress. It might hold me back. but why change things up when your progressing? Makes no sense.
    You will make progress, your young and full of testosterone. But eventually without strengthening ur posterior chain ur progress will come to a screeching halt.
  15. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    You will make progress, your young and full of testosterone. But eventually without strengthening ur posterior chain ur progress will come to a screeching halt.
    I agree, When that happens, i will address it. And testosterone does nothing. Its all CNS..imo of course. I mean would you accept coming to a complete halt while repping 450? I wouldn't mind stopping there. Thats when i will address any weakness. Because im f-in satisfied with that. would you not be satisfied with that?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  16. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    I agree, When that happens, i will address it. And testosterone does nothing. Its all CNS..imo of course. I mean would you accept coming to a complete halt while repping 450? I wouldn't mind stopping there. Thats when i will address any weakness. Because im f-in satisfied with that. would you not be satisfied with that?
    Lol if ur satisfied then I guess that's what matters, it is after all ur body and ur workout. Me, I'm never satisfied!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcKs...e_gdata_player
  17. Registered User
    Iron_Will's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Lol if ur satisfied then I guess that's what matters, it is after all ur body and ur workout. Me, I'm never satisfied!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcKs...e_gdata_player
    lol.. Im not saying im satisfied like im done, but i plan on playing football in college or doing MMA so i don't think anything over 500 is really worth putting a crap load of time in. I have a good plan, right now im trying to gain maximal strength. phase 1. btw,, Is that really you in that video?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  18. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    115373

    i hold a 475 squat, 275 bench, and 501 deadlift in comp at a bw of 201 at 20 years old
  19. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will
    lol.. Im not saying im satisfied like im done, but i plan on playing football in college or doing MMA so i don't think anything over 500 is really worth putting a crap load of time in. I have a good plan, right now im trying to gain maximal strength. phase 1. btw,, Is that really you in that video?
    Look at my pics, it might be hard to tell... I'll post a Zercher deadlift video tomorrow. U should see my face in that one. Btw I love MMA. Back in the day I loved the Tank Abbot, Pat Smith, u know all the strikers, now I LOVE some ju-jitsu
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    Sorry, but it really doesn't make sense. If im getting stronger on the squat, than that means im not getting stronger because im not addressing the weaknesses? And if i can squat 100lbs more, im sure my WEAK points are going to suk hard when i go back to that weight.

    for example,, if my weak point is half way through when my back start going forward. What i can do is some good morning/Front squats to correct that and strengthen that. But if my squat continues to go up without that, will i always not be able to move that weight i struggled with at first and have problems all the time? NO. Because if i increase my squat, everything else will go up. My speed with that weight that use to be heavy will be easy and i will blast throught that so called weak point you think i never address.

    Im not understanding your theory. But to a point. If i stall which could happen, maybe tomorrow? maybe in a week? Maybe in a couple days? I will most likely have to deload and start doing other work to strengthen my weak points. Simple as that. right now, everyone including me has weak points. The bigger your squat gets, your fine. simply because those weak points with get stronger.

    If im doing the squat and there is a weak point in the squat, then the weak point must be getting WEAKENED AND FATIGUED because i am working it. Therefore it is going to grow due to the stress. It might hold me back. but why change things up when your progressing? Makes no sense.
    Let me see if I can restate this:

    You're young, inexperienced, and need to take a step back and listen. You currently have muscular imbalances and, without specific attention, this imbalance will become larger. A squat does not address a certain muscle because it is a compound movement and you will not become stronger at the squat by simply squatting. All you will do is use your strong areas and leave the weak areas behind. Now, you become better at the squat due to neural programming and improving technique, but that does not mean that you have become stronger from a muscular standpoint. I have seen someone add 50lbs to their squat overnight just from improving their setup under the bar. Did they magically become stronger from a muscular standpoint? No, but they addressed a specific weak area and they subsequently improved their numbers.

    It takes years to master technique and you have shown that you need a **** load of work in this area, which should be your focus at your age, but what do I know? I only have a decade of experience and two degrees in the field.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    i hold a 475 squat, 275 bench, and 501 deadlift in comp at a bw of 201 at 20 years old
    U have a bright future in powerlifting
  22. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Let me see if I can restate this:

    You're young, inexperienced, and need to take a step back and listen. You currently have muscular imbalances and, without specific attention, this imbalance will become larger. A squat does not address a certain muscle because it is a compound movement and you will not become stronger at the squat by simply squatting. All you will do is use your strong areas and leave the weak areas behind. Now, you become better at the squat due to neural programming and improving technique, but that does not mean that you have become stronger from a muscular standpoint. I have seen someone add 50lbs to their squat overnight just from improving their setup under the bar. Did they magically become stronger from a muscular standpoint? No, but they addressed a specific weak area and they subsequently improved their numbers.

    It takes years to master technique and you have shown that you need a **** load of work in this area, which should be your focus at your age, but what do I know? I only have a decade of experience and two degrees in the field.
    Rodja are u a jujitsu man or a striker?
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Rodja are u a jujitsu man or a striker?
    Jiujitsu.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Jiujitsu.
    I used to hate the ground fighting but I've grow to love it. I love Anderson Silva he can do it all.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    I used to hate the ground fighting but I've grow to love it. I love Anderson Silva he can do it all.
    I HATE Anderson Silva. He's by far my least favorite fighter with Frank Mir behind him.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,428
    Rep Power
    148149

    Dude you're taking too many steps back when you setup to squat. You would be able to lift more if you didn't do that. 1 step back is all you need, and no stepping side to side. I guess the more you lift, the more you'll figure this out on your own though. You want minimal movement before a lift, when powerlifting.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  27. Registered User
    diggyboo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    I HATE Anderson Silva. He's by far my least favorite fighter with Frank Mir behind him.
    Lol He's definitely arrogant isn't he! But I don't care for Mir either
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Lol He's definitely arrogant isn't he! But I don't care for Mir either
    I used to be a fan, but I never forgave him for the BS he pulled against Cote, Leites, and Maia.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Registered User
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297847

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Let me see if I can restate this:

    You're young, inexperienced, and need to take a step back and listen. You currently have muscular imbalances and, without specific attention, this imbalance will become larger. A squat does not address a certain muscle because it is a compound movement and you will not become stronger at the squat by simply squatting. All you will do is use your strong areas and leave the weak areas behind. Now, you become better at the squat due to neural programming and improving technique, but that does not mean that you have become stronger from a muscular standpoint. I have seen someone add 50lbs to their squat overnight just from improving their setup under the bar. Did they magically become stronger from a muscular standpoint? No, but they addressed a specific weak area and they subsequently improved their numbers.

    It takes years to master technique and you have shown that you need a **** load of work in this area, which should be your focus at your age, but what do I know? I only have a decade of experience and two degrees in the field.
    In other words...and to use an analogy:

    You are building a sky scraper on an inadequate foundation without any supporting structures. Eventually, it is going to crumble to the ground.

    And if you play on a decent college football team, the strength coaches will tear your muscular imbalances to shreds..you'll be doing all the things you should have been doing while the rest of the team is developing their squat and cleans.

    Br
  30. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    115373

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    U have a bright future in powerlifting
    thanks a lot man!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ::: bLacKjAcK's Lifting Heavy Log :::
    By bLacKjAck. in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 03:36 AM
  2. Single Best Song for lifting.
    By planetfuzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 08:11 AM
  3. Lifting heavy while dieting...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
  4. Heavy Lifting for fat loss
    By avenue Red in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
  5. Can heavy lifting cause a bruise
    By Whaler in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.