PLATEAU

butrybench555

Awards
I am in a big plateau. Can anybody give me a good 4 day split plateau lifting workout???

cisco_trooper

Awards
Have you gone through a deloading phase? What does your volume look like?

butrybench555

Awards
No to the reloading phase not completely sure what to do and what do u mean by volume?

cisco_trooper

Awards
For volume I'm talking about number of sets, reps, and different exercises in your workouts as well as workout frequency. In a deloading phase you drop the weight by about 10% and then gradually add 5 or 10lbs per week depending on the exercise. The deloading helps allow your muscles fully recover and rebuild while you continue working out so you aren't mentally feeling like you are sitting on your ass. Rest is important so you need to make sure you aren't overtraining and make sure you are getting enough sleep.

My last plateau was overcome by working out less frequently. I was doing 3 on 1 off. I switched to just working out every other day and blasted right through my plateau as well as gained a solid 5 pounds of muscle in about 2 months.

butrybench555

Awards
Can you give me an example. I dont really get it. I do 4 exercises per muscle 3 sets and 8-12 reps for each

cisco_trooper

Awards
For example, lets say you are currently doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps on bench press with 200lbs but you can't get passed it. Modify your workout as follows:

Week1: 180lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Week2: 185lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Week3: 190lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Week4: 195lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Week5: 200lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Week6: 205lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps.

Another option that I would consider if I were you is to adjust your weight upward and lift for lower reps. For example if you are currently lifting 200lbs, 3 sets 8-12 reps, perhaps try 215lbs for 6 reps. All of that being said, if you aren't getting enough protein and aren't getting enough rest none of this will help. If you are feeling lethargic going into your workouts or are feeling unusually "heavy" and tired throughout the day you are going to need to make a change.

butrybench555

Awards
I got it! Thanks, hopefully I can get over it!