Bench plateau

guoshuang

Awards
My bench is not progressing for months, at 140kg 5 reps. How can I break this plateau?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been making killer progress this year by integrating some aspects of conjugate training (although not perfectly religious about it) with banded work on DE days and the occasional use of a slingshot for overloading. I also gained 10lbs which has helped significantly.

between additional carbs and banded work, I'm hard pressed to say which one has helped the most.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't mean this to be too rude, but you are just going to get some potentially useless shotgun responses here.

There could be a million different reasons and/or directions in regards to what may help you.

At the very least you will need to provide more background if you want an actual helpful answer.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I gotta agree with that guy☝. Why are you failing. Are you stuck at the bottom with the bar on your chest, are you half way up and your triceps won't let you push through.

Without knowing what your issue is, I can still give you a gurenteed solution. Gain 20 lbs.....