Sweetlou's training log

Page 6 of 27 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Imma have to try out floor press again sometime when I rotate off of DC again.

  2. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Interesting discovery on loading the weight. I'll have to toy with bar speed.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  3. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Interesting discovery on loading the weight. I'll have to toy with bar speed.
    Well the whole int of DE work is to teach one to lower the weight as fast as they can then rebound it up with acceleration, which should allow one to drive thru sticking points. Only on bench to do lower slowly on my heavier sets and lose my acceleration. On squat/pulls Im very good at accelerating and have hit consistent Prs on both for sometime now.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Imma have to try out floor press again sometime when I rotate off of DC again.
    I am enjoying floor press very much right now, great lift.
  5. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/22/12-DE Squat/Pull w/ ME Squat/Pull
    DE Mock SSB Box Squats+50lbs of chain
    245+chainx6x2, im going pretty wide on my box squats as of late. Everything feels great.
    DE Sumo Pulls+50lbs of chain
    315+chainx3x1
    Worked up to a heavy single
    405+chainx1
    Added Metal Ace Pro Squatter straps down
    405+chainx1
    455+chainx1
    495+chainx1
    Notes: I hate sumo, I find locking out the weight very awkward at the top and pulling with a hook grip gets very hard has your hands get pulled open. Ill be saving up for conv deadlift suit for now. Ill be focusing from here on out on my conv pull, I may keep sumo as a me variation or not.
  6. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/23/12-DE Bench
    Chins
    Bwx10,12
    DE Floor Press w/ 50lbs of chain
    155+chainx9x3
    SOHP
    70-125x3
    80-145x3
    90-165x3
    Rolling Kettlebell Ext
    35x15,15
    55x5
    35+monstersx9
    Seated Cambered Neutral Grip Cable Rows
    100x10
    120x10,10
    Neck Harness front/back
    25x15/15
    25+50lbs of chainx15/15
  7. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/25/12-ME Squat/Pull
    GPP: Circuit of 5 tire flips, 10 kettlebell swings with a 55lb bell, and 10 reps of reverse hypers with 90lbs. 4 total sets.
    Cambered Bar GMs
    135x10,10,10
    GHRs
    Bwx5,5,5
    Standing Cable Crunches
    90x15,15,15
    Notes: Deload week. GPP is now a priority and will be maintained.
  8. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/27/12-ME Bench
    GPP: Superset of face pulls with the prowler and rows. 100 meters of both for 3 sets. 70lbs on the prowler.
    Chins
    with a towelx4
    neutralx10
    DB Press
    50x3x15
    JM Press
    95x10
    115x10
    135x10
    DB Row
    50x3x15
    GPP: Walk forwards then backwards with the prowler. 100 meters of both 3 sets with 70lbs on the prowler.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Feeling burnt out?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Feeling burnt out?
    Who me? No I feel great. Its a deload week. I deload my ME work every 3-6 cycles, my DE work every 2-3 cycles, and my RE work every 6-12 weeks. I have 9 ME lifts I cycle thru so to keep it easy I do 3 cycles in weeks of 2 then deload everything, and repeat. This comes to 6 weeks of training then a deload. I noticed after a lil bit I do get run down on WSC. I figure this is bc im raw and dont use juice.
  11. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Heres where I got my deload cycle lengths

    http://violentheropowerlifting.com/c...ate-method.htm
  12. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Who me? No I feel great. Its a deload week. I deload my ME work every 3-6 cycles, my DE work every 2-3 cycles, and my RE work every 6-12 weeks. I have 9 ME lifts I cycle thru so to keep it easy I do 3 cycles in weeks of 2 then deload everything, and repeat. This comes to 6 weeks of training then a deload. I noticed after a lil bit I do get run down on WSC. I figure this is bc im raw and dont use juice.
    Got it. I wan't sure it was a planned deload or if you were feeling some fatigue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Got it. I wan't sure it was a planned deload or if you were feeling some fatigue.
    I rarely feel heavy fatigue on WSC if I keep up with my assistence work and gpp.
  14. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/29/12-DE Squat/Pull
    GPP: Walking with the prowler for 3 200meter laps. 70lbs on the prowler.
    DE Box Squat
    185x6x2
    Speed Conv/Sumo Pulls
    315x4x1
    Suitcase Deadlifts
    135x5,5
    1 Arm Deadlifts
    135x2,2
    Planks
    30 sec, and 60 sec
    Notes: Tried to get my new metal ace pro squatter on today, couldnt do it. Played with some ab work also.
  15. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6/30/12-DE Bench
    GPP: Pulling the prowler with a long chain, about 100 meters each time pushing it back. 70lbs on prowler, 3 sets
    Chins
    bwx8,8
    DE Bench
    135x6x2
    Chins
    bwx10
    SOHP
    95x10,10
    JM Press with fat grips
    95x10,10
    Chins
    bwx6
    Notes: Good session, the sun here in florida sucked the life out of me during gpp.
  16. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/2/12-ME Squat/Pull
    GPP: 5 tire flips+10 35lb kettlebell swings+10 90lbs reverse hyper, 3 sets
    Cambered Bar Suspended GM, set to belly button height
    75%-185x3
    90%-225x1
    100%/New MAx-250x1 Grinder but nailed
    90%-225x3, aim for 3-5 reps at 90% and above unless undeloading. This is to maintain the volume needed to build strength and keep me from failing/missing so much. Also using percents for the same reasons.
    Not rolling GHRs
    bwx8,8,8
    Reverse Hypers
    180lbsx15
    270x15,15
    Standing Cable Crunches
    100x10
    120x10
    130x10, I believe this is a PR.
    Notes: Those GMs sucked. I still went in with a great mindset and im happy to hit the max I got. That lift really teaches me to struggle.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I really need to bring back the suspended GM. I haven't done a ME on those since April or so.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really need to bring back the suspended GM. I haven't done a ME on those since April or so.
    You should, so much fun.
  19. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/3/12-ME Bench
    GPP: Push the prowler for 50 meters then row it for 50 meters, 3 sets and 70lbs on the prowler
    Chins
    20 total
    Pin Press set at about chest level
    245x1
    90%-275x1
    100%-300x0, got out of the groove. 300x1 Blew this up fast.
    Dips+Tate Press
    Bwx20
    30x20
    Bwx20
    30X15
    Kroc Rows
    120x25,25 PR
    Notes: I had to approach this bench session like I do pulls and squats and it turned out very great. Blew my max up fast.
  20. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Do you own a Prowler, or do they have one where you train?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  21. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Do you own a Prowler, or do they have one where you train?
    My gym has two not so nice prowlers and my partner owns an elite fts econo prowler which is usually what we use.
  22. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/6/12-DE Squat/Pull
    GPP: Walking 200 meters with the prowler and the spud harness. 70lbs on the prowler 3 sets.
    DE Box Squat w/ Light Bands (about 100lbs at the top)
    165+bandsx8x2
    Conv Speed Pulls w/ 60lbs of chain
    315+chainsx6x1
    Suit Case Deadlifts
    135x5,5
    135x5,5
    Heavy Prowler work with the spud harness, not walking but not running.
    180lbs on the prowlerx3x100 meters
    Notes: Great session. Form and speed was great on squats today. I was in the groove for pulls also, was coming up fast and range of motion felt short. Ive been rounding my upper back, starting the pull by raising my upper back first, and dropping my hips some. I shaved about an inch off my range of motion this way. Prowler work sucked, but itll allow us to increase our work capacity and recover better also, win win.
  23. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    My gym has two not so nice prowlers and my partner owns an elite fts econo prowler which is usually what we use.
    I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one or not. They're pricey, but I think I can talk the wife into it...I'll tell her it makes my weenis bigger.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  24. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one or not. They're pricey, but I think I can talk the wife into it...I'll tell her it makes my weenis bigger.
    Weenis? You have more then one? Id go with the econo prowler from elite fts. Easy to put to together and travel with. Comes with indoor and outdoor skies.
  25. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/7/12-DE Bench
    GPP: Face Pull for 50 meters with Row for 50 meters with 70lbs on the prowler. 3 sets.
    Chins
    Bwx5,5,5,5
    DE Bench w/ Doubled up minis and micros
    115+bandsx9x3 3 diff grips
    JM Press w/ Fat Gripz
    95x5
    135x5
    185x3 couldnt keep form
    155x5
    SOHP
    95x10,10,10,10
    Single Arm Seated Cable Rope Pulls
    70x6,6
    80x6,6
    90x6,6
    4 Way Neck Machine
    35x15 each way for 2 sets
    Notes: Great DE day. I saw a video of dave tate explaining the importance of DE work. He says if your sticking point is off your chest your not pressing fast enough. So I really locked in my form and went. Fastest DE day ive ever had. JM Press sucked, its not fun with or without fat gripz. I find the fat gripz help take pressure off the joints and puts it on the muscles and lowers the weight lifted but makes it harder. This mesocycle has heavy JM Press in percents for 7/5/3 and volume work at 50% for sohp.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one or not. They're pricey, but I think I can talk the wife into it...I'll tell her it makes my weenis bigger.
    Get it. If you have a chance to get one, then do it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/9/12-ME Squat/Pull
    GPP: Walking with the prowler using my belt. 70lbs on the prowler, 200 meters, 3 sets.
    Suspended Cambered Bar GM
    200x3
    90%-225x1
    95%-240x1
    105%-260x1 PR
    GHRs
    bwx10,6,4,3,2
    Reverse Hypers
    180x15
    270x10
    320x12,12
    Strapped Cable Crunches
    90x10
    110x10
    130x10
    90x10
    Notes: Great session. Read an article by mark bell that cleared up how to hold my abs. Made a big difference today.
  28. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/11/12-ME Bench
    GPP: Box Squat Jumps to platform for 3 jumps+5 bw pullups+10 Medicine ball wall slams. 3 sets. Idk the jump height but was kinda hard.
    Chins
    bwx5,5
    Pin Presses of the chest
    225x3
    250x1
    90%-270x1
    95-97%-290x1
    102-103%-310x0 form came undone and I wasnt 100% today so I dropped the weight
    90%-270x1
    Dips+Chins
    Bw+25lbsx10/Bwx5 for 5 sets. This got me 50 total weighted dips and 50 total chins
    Kroc Rows w/ Fat Gripz
    70x20,20
    Ytls+Pullaparts
    15x10 each way/microx25
    15x10 each way/microx25
    Notes: Read the assistence layout for 5/3/1 again and jim got me thinking. He mentioned about doing the lift to build muscle or to build the movement. This is what I was doing with dips and some other lifts. He also recommends 100 chins a week, 100 bw dips or 50 weight dips if doing dips, 50-100 pullaparts a day for a better raw bench. Also joe defranco recommends daily pullapart for posture and shoulder health. I have bad ac joints so ive started daily pullaparts with a micro mini for now ill move up in time. I also need to not try to PR on both ME days and pick one and go for it. Like picking lifts to rep out on when doing 5/3/1.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    7/11/12-ME Bench
    GPP: Box Squat Jumps to platform for 3 jumps+5 bw pullups+10 Medicine ball wall slams. 3 sets. Idk the jump height but was kinda hard.
    Chins
    bwx5,5
    Pin Presses of the chest
    225x3
    250x1
    90%-270x1
    95-97%-290x1
    102-103%-310x0 form came undone and I wasnt 100% today so I dropped the weight
    90%-270x1
    Dips+Chins
    Bw+25lbsx10/Bwx5 for 5 sets. This got me 50 total weighted dips and 50 total chins
    Kroc Rows w/ Fat Gripz
    70x20,20
    Ytls+Pullaparts
    15x10 each way/microx25
    15x10 each way/microx25
    Notes: Read the assistence layout for 5/3/1 again and jim got me thinking. He mentioned about doing the lift to build muscle or to build the movement. This is what I was doing with dips and some other lifts. He also recommends 100 chins a week, 100 bw dips or 50 weight dips if doing dips, 50-100 pullaparts a day for a better raw bench. Also joe defranco recommends daily pullapart for posture and shoulder health. I have bad ac joints so ive started daily pullaparts with a micro mini for now ill move up in time. I also need to not try to PR on both ME days and pick one and go for it. Like picking lifts to rep out on when doing 5/3/1.
    I've had that same thing going through my head lately and have backed off of the intensity on my assistance movements, especially on rows.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've had that same thing going through my head lately and have backed off of the intensity on my assistance movements, especially on rows.
    Well I need to decide why im doing the lift. I use to always do dips to get stronger at dips instead of using them to build my bench. But I do have a select few lifts I keep the intensity up on. Kroc rows, sohp, jm press, ghrs, and goodmornings.
  31. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Well I need to decide why im doing the lift. I use to always do dips to get stronger at dips instead of using them to build my bench. But I do have a select few lifts I keep the intensity up on. Kroc rows, sohp, jm press, ghrs, and goodmornings.
    Pardon my ignorance here; how is doing dips to improve your strength not translating to improving your bench? Wouldn't the increase in dip strength inherently translate to bench?

    I'm starting to like the WSB approach to improving indicator lifts. Love 5/3/1, but the WSB approach is making more sense to me lately.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  32. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here; how is doing dips to improve your strength not translating to improving your bench? Wouldn't the increase in dip strength inherently translate to bench?

    I'm starting to like the WSB approach to improving indicator lifts. Love 5/3/1, but the WSB approach is making more sense to me lately.
    More or less it comes down to the form that gets used. I use dips for my triceps with some extra pec/delt work. When I was doing dips to get better at dips I would use far more chest/delts bc it was the weight lifted that mattered and not the muscle used and couldnt really fire my tris. This in turn led to me firing with my delt first before my tris when benching. A form error that has slowed my progress and im just starting to overcome thanks to floor presses. I hope this makes sense.
  33. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here; how is doing dips to improve your strength not translating to improving your bench? Wouldn't the increase in dip strength inherently translate to bench?

    I'm starting to like the WSB approach to improving indicator lifts. Love 5/3/1, but the WSB approach is making more sense to me lately.
    the WSB method is great however youll need some time and patience. It requires a good bit of reading to understand when and what to do. Where to start and what lifts to try. Id recommed the ME method by jim wendler, the DE squat manuel by elite fts, training templates by elite fts, the westside barbell book of methods, as well as reading articles by jim, dave, louis, and mark bell regarding this style.
  34. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    More or less it comes down to the form that gets used. I use dips for my triceps with some extra pec/delt work. When I was doing dips to get better at dips I would use far more chest/delts bc it was the weight lifted that mattered and not the muscle used and couldnt really fire my tris. This in turn led to me firing with my delt first before my tris when benching. A form error that has slowed my progress and im just starting to overcome thanks to floor presses. I hope this makes sense.
    Yes, that does make sense. Thanks.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  35. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    the WSB method is great however youll need some time and patience. It requires a good bit of reading to understand when and what to do. Where to start and what lifts to try. Id recommed the ME method by jim wendler, the DE squat manuel by elite fts, training templates by elite fts, the westside barbell book of methods, as well as reading articles by jim, dave, louis, and mark bell regarding this style.
    I sometimes think I plan more intensely than I train, and this should reinforce that further!
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,222
    Rep Power
    945992
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    the WSB method is great however youll need some time and patience. It requires a good bit of reading to understand when and what to do. Where to start and what lifts to try. Id recommed the ME method by jim wendler, the DE squat manuel by elite fts, training templates by elite fts, the westside barbell book of methods, as well as reading articles by jim, dave, louis, and mark bell regarding this style.
    I really, really like the ME method by Wendler along with EFS Basic Training. A lot of the ME method is in the Basic Training ebook, so getting both is a bit redundant.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really, really like the ME method by Wendler along with EFS Basic Training. A lot of the ME method is in the Basic Training ebook, so getting both is a bit redundant.
    Same here, great book.
  38. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    7/13/12-DE Squat/Pull
    GPP: Box Squat to Jump Platform for 3 jumps+5 tired flips. 3 Sets.
    DE Box Squat w/ Light Bands
    200+bandsx8x2
    Speed Conv alt w/ Sumo Pulls+60lbs of chain
    Conv-345+chainsx3x1
    Sumo-345+chainx3x1
    Suit Case Deadlifts
    135x5,5
    135x5,5
    185x3,3
    Notes: Great day today. I finally learned how to hold my abs and was able to blast thru these sets. My gym partner was like, so you hit all those numbers with basically no help from your core? I hate you. The pulls were fast and I hit the groove for both conv and sumo easy today. My raw max for sumo is 405. So I was doing speed work with 345+60lbs of chain at the top. What a difference your core makes. Excited for bench tomorrow.
  39. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    118326
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I sometimes think I plan more intensely than I train, and this should reinforce that further!
    it

    Planning makes you prepared, so it is important. Prepare, perform, prevail.
  40. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You should put that on a t shirt!
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in