Close Grip Seated Cable Rows
    90x20
    100x20
    100x15
    Mini Band Pushdowns+Rope Face Pulls
    60x12,12,12
    4 Way Neck Machine w/ Shoulder Horn
    45x2 sets. 15x20, 20x15
    Notes: Still a lil rundown and didnt get the cals I needed for this. But I got a PR regardless! Also Im going to take a week to deload after this 3 week wave and just do assistence stuff. Its time.

2. 3-9-12-DE Squat/Deadlift
    Workout:
    GHR
    Bwx5,5
    DE Box Squat w/ straight weight
    255x12x2
    Speed Sumo Pulls w/ Monster Minis
    235 w/ bandsx7x1. Ive done some reading on sumo pulling and will quite the bands and do chains for straight weight from now on and work on form. Also 1 month or so Ill be working up to a heavy single to see what breaks down ect.
    GHR
    Bwx10,10,10 Elevatedx16
    Grappler
    25x8
    35x8,8
    Notes: Good session, still working with sumo pulling.
    •   

3. 3-10-12-DE Bench
    Workout:
    Chins
    Bwx7,7,7,8
    DE Bench w/ straight weight
    Numbers were all over the place today. As my partner noticed I was pushing thru my toes and not my heels causing my but to come off the bench. We finally fixed this issue and I finally learned why bench a full body movement. Time to perfect this.
    Oh Grappler Press
    65x10
    90x5
    65x10
    Oh Band Ext with light bands
    Chest Supported T-bar row wide/med grip
    3 platesx10,10,10
    Incline DB Shrugs+4 Way neck+External Pre-hab
    60x20/45/8x15
    60x20/45/8x15
    Notes: Good session, happy to be one step closer to improving my sh!t bench. Im a great puller and squater. Im a horrible bencher. Time to make me good at what I suck at. Time to bench haha.

4. 3-12-12-ME Squat/Deadlift
    Workout:
    Box Squat
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    435x1 PR
    Reverse Hyper
    135x20,20,20 PR
    Mini Band Pullapartsx100 total reps
    Notes: I did not sleep well at all last night. Woke up for work and felt like a zombie. Work was super busy and barly got to eat. Then I got home and just wanted to pass out. Not to mention my diet was off the past few days. Good thing next week is my deload bc im ready to just recover. I got the Pr I had in my mind. My sticking point is half way up but I accelerated right thru it. I did some prehab to finish. I helped this kid with his squat for a spot so it worked out. So my current PR is 435 or 445 if I actually account for the 55lb squat bar, Ive been just using 45lbs in my math. So thats a total of 40lb increase in 3 weeks. Im happy.

5. You're setting PR's at a damn good clip. I've only set 3 the past 6 weeks: 415x1 on squat, 250x5 on bench, and 455 traditional deads.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're setting PR's at a damn good clip. I've only set 3 the past 6 weeks: 415x1 on squat, 250x5 on bench, and 455 traditional deads.
    Thanks man, Ive really been setting my mind right and listening to my body. I coulda swore you pulled a 495 not long ago on deads no? Also my GPP and conditioning load has dropped quite a bit prob allowing for the PRs to set in. Ive also been training with a conjugate method but insted of switching the lift every week im doing it every 3 weeks as dave tate says beginners should do. When I stop hitting PRs every week for 3 weeks I will move to a 2 week rotation then 1 week.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Thanks man, Ive really been setting my mind right and listening to my body. I coulda swore you pulled a 495 not long ago on deads no? Also my GPP and conditioning load has dropped quite a bit prob allowing for the PRs to set in. Ive also been training with a conjugate method but insted of switching the lift every week im doing it every 3 weeks as dave tate says beginners should do. When I stop hitting PRs every week for 3 weeks I will move to a 2 week rotation then 1 week.
    495 is my PR on sumo, but they take a major toll on my hips and can't do them often.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. sup sweetlou.. thats a growing squat # you got there..

im following, silently....

btw im going to start posting in my log again.. lol im so inconsistant... im going to a USAPL meet in may in PA... bench/dead comp...

going to attempt 600 if they have a deadlift bar im told they bend more...
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

9. Glad you're having a really good training season, Lou. Keep up the PRs!

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post

They do. It's because they're longer, so the further the weight is the more stress is felt by the bar in the middle.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    495 is my PR on sumo, but they take a major toll on my hips and can't do them often.
    Oh see my PR with sumo is 365 but I dont have good form yet. And my PR conventional is 501. Im working with my sumo deadlift right now. I got very good at exploading with conventional and getting everything behind the bar that I cant pull properly until about 275-315 bc the bar comes off the ground before I pull.

11. Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    sup sweetlou.. thats a growing squat # you got there..

im following, silently....

btw im going to start posting in my log again.. lol im so inconsistant... im going to a USAPL meet in may in PA... bench/dead comp...

they will, they are called comp bars afterall. So it a standard between meets. If you pull 600 I wanna see it for sure since you weight close to me.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Glad you're having a really good training season, Lou. Keep up the PRs!

They do. It's because they're longer, so the further the weight is the more stress is felt by the bar in the middle.
    Thanks man, im only 21 and im just starting to hit my groove lately. My technique keeps getting better and better. Not to mention Im eating like a pig. Im about 210 right now.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ever considered gear or pulling in briefs?

14. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Ever considered gear or pulling in briefs?
    I've considered briefs, but haven't looked into them too extensively.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Well I will be trying sumo in my next deadlift cycle, and depending on how my hips feel I will be trying it in my single ply titan superior with straps down. I plan on moving over to gear sooner or later and love to squat in it, very nice twist.

16. 3-14-12-ME Bench
    Workout:
    Chins
    Bwx7,8,8,8
    Cambered Bar Bench w/ 1 board
    225x3
    245x3
    270x2, didnt set up right and go pulled loose on the lift off. Im technique is getting better as all the sets before were fast and strong. So much better then ever before. This is Pr as my best single for this lift is 245x1, and 265x2 for a double. So im still happy.
    Straight Bar Chest Supported Pendlay Row
    225x5,5,5,5,5
    Conditioning/Assistence/Pre-hab circuit: High Box Jumps to platformx10, Medicine Ball Slamx10, Monster Mini Unilateral Face Pullsx25, Mini Unilateral Pushdownsx25. This was done back to back for 10 straight minutes. Only rest was however many breathes it took to finish the movement. Ended up doing 4 laps.
    4 way neck machine
    50x2 sets
    Notes: So I didnt get much sleep last night and worked today so I was once again running on E. My gym partners shoulder has been bothering him, most likely an overuse thing. So we cut the assitence and tried something different today. We both got PRs again so we cut the inclines. Then we did our row work then all our other stuff for extra volume and prehab in a circuit. I put this together after reading kabukis blog post about concentric training (I believe this was it). Stuff like GPP and how it works to increase volume, recovery, and strength in time. We are both out of shape so have decided that once a week we will do our main lift, one main assistence, then some form of concentric conditioning/prehab work. Then neck or abs. We both work the same job so we can only train about 2 times a week together out of 4. These will always be done together. This is to help us recover better and get in some conditioning each week with out GPP. Also he trains for strongman so this will help im get in work for that too, not to mention make things fun. We will also be doing a planned deload after every 2 cycles. We train conjugate system yet we are raw so we will deload more often. So it will look like this for bench.
    Floor press-3 weeks of singles
    Cambered bar bench w/ 1 board-3 weeks of triples
    Deload
    2 board press-3 weeks of singles
    comp bench press-2 weeks of doubles, 1 week of singles
    Deload
    And Squat/Deadlift
    Goodmorning variation-3 weeks of triples unless suspended (which is a single)
    Box Squat-3 weeks of singles
    Deload
    Pull variation of the time sumo/conv-2 weeks high pulls, 1 week off the floor. Not to failure, like 95%
    Free Squat-3 weeks of singles
    Deload

17. 3-16-12-DE Squat/Deadlift
    Workout:
    DE Squat w/ straight weight
    275x10x2, I got a vid of my 9th set for some of you to comment on.
    Speed Sumo pulls worked up to a heavy single to see where form breaks down ect
    135x1,1,1,1,1
    225x1,1,1
    275x1
    315x1
    365x1, got a vid for this set for feedback also
    405x1
    455x0, hips shot up so I stopped the pull no need to max here
    Mini Band Unilateral Leg Curls+Reverse hyper
    25/90x15
    25/90x15
    Ab/Adductors+Grappler
    minix10/10, 10x10
    minix10/10, 35x10
    Notes: Good session overall. Happy with the 405 pull. It came up and locked out good. I got a vid of 365 and I can see that I duck my head at the top which rounds out my back. Also my hips look to high and far away from the bar. I have no idea how to set up for sumo as im a conventional puller. I read a few articles on elitefts but still got no idea how to set up or how it should feel or even look.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Once I learn how to use youtube I got a vid of me pulling sumo Id like you to comment on. I have no idea how to pull so Id appriciate it.

19. Squat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Q9...ature=youtu.be

Sumo pull
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MM7z...eature=channel

Idk how to embed so if anyone knows please explain. Also how do you set up for a sumo pull? How far away from the bar ect?

20. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Squat

Sumo pull

Idk how to embed so if anyone knows please explain. Also how do you set up for a sumo pull? How far away from the bar ect?
    It's hard to give too much based off of the angle, but lower the bar on squats. When you unrack it, you lose all of your arch.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's hard to give too much based off of the angle, but lower the bar on squats. When you unrack it, you lose all of your arch.
    Will do, what angles would you like next time? Ill be taking vids from now on so whatever angles are best ill move my phone or get my partner to take em when hes there. Also how do you get your hip when pulling sumo? Ill just get more vids haha

22. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Will do, what angles would you like next time? Ill be taking vids from now on so whatever angles are best ill move my phone or get my partner to take em when hes there. Also how do you get your hip when pulling sumo? Ill just get more vids haha
    Either directly from the side or in front.

My setup on sumos is:
    Position feet/shins about 1/2" away from the bar
    Descend into postion like a squat (e.g. flare knees, arch lumbar)
    Take big air
    Reach down for bar to lower myself the last 2-3"

One thing to remember is that you should not be able to see the bar when you're about to pull. As Tate says, imagine you're trying to drop your nutsack on the bar as you're getting into position.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Either directly from the side or in front.

My setup on sumos is:
    Position feet/shins about 1/2" away from the bar
    Descend into postion like a squat (e.g. flare knees, arch lumbar)
    Take big air
    Reach down for bar to lower myself the last 2-3"

One thing to remember is that you should not be able to see the bar when you're about to pull. As Tate says, imagine you're trying to drop your nutsack on the bar as you're getting into position.
    Acutally just saw that video last night, so I now understand how to do it better. Do you set your legs up so they are 90 degress at the knees or wider? Brian schwab that many guys set up to wide and lose their natural mechanical advantages.

Also what do you mean I lost my arch when I unrack to squat? Care to share a vid of how it should look unracking. I had read that to unrack you should fire the glutes and that causes me to stand all the way up. Ive been doing this for awhile so id like to see what I should be doing. Thanks again. Ill get some side/front shots next week.

24. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Acutally just saw that video last night, so I now understand how to do it better. Do you set your legs up so they are 90 degress at the knees or wider? Brian schwab that many guys set up to wide and lose their natural mechanical advantages.

Also what do you mean I lost my arch when I unrack to squat? Care to share a vid of how it should look unracking. I had read that to unrack you should fire the glutes and that causes me to stand all the way up. Ive been doing this for awhile so id like to see what I should be doing. Thanks again. Ill get some side/front shots next week.
    My knees are at 90 doing a sumo pull. My shins are in line with the ring on the knurling.

Regarding the unrack, ideally you are able to unrack it without losing the arch. I set the bar at about chest height and then really dig my traps into the bar and my knees are still bent. When I straighten my legs, the bar is clear, but my arch is still tight and I start to walk back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My knees are at 90 doing a sumo pull. My shins are in line with the ring on the knurling.

Regarding the unrack, ideally you are able to unrack it without losing the arch. I set the bar at about chest height and then really dig my traps into the bar and my knees are still bent. When I straighten my legs, the bar is clear, but my arch is still tight and I start to walk back.
    Got it, my partner went over that exact set up with me today. I now understand.

26. 3-17-12-DE Bench
    Workout:
    Chins
    bwx7,8,8
    DE Bench w/ straight weight
    165x9x3 3 diff grips
    Oh DB Press Neutral Grip
    45x10,10,10 Pre-hab
    Chest Supported BB Rows with mini bands
    135x7,8,8
    Medicine Ball Pushdowns+Mini Band Pullaparts
    130x20/25
    150x20/25
    170x20/25
    190x20/25
    4 Way Neck Machine with DB Shrugs
    50lbs for 2 sets and 50x20,20
    Notes: Another pre-hab based session. Both me and my partner are mentally ready for a deload. Worked on my bench some more and its getting better just gotta find where to put my legs. Gonna get some ping pong balls to put under my heels to reinforce leg drive. Those rows werent even heavy, just a fight against the clock with the bands pulling us down. Fun day. Also worked on my squat and deadlift too.

27. What's going on, Lou?

28. Sorry guys, I got a few workouts to update. Monday me and some close friends drove to panama city beach for dayglo. I live in florida so it wasnt bad. It was a great time and a great way to celebrate turning 21. I had a blast for 2 days and really relieved some stress from my busy schedule. I was gonna go to ultra this weekend but I had to think about my past problems and my lifting goals, 3 more days of partying would not have been smart.

29. 3/21/12-ME Bench, deload
    Workout:
    Chins
    Flat DB Press
    55x10
    60x10
    65x10
    Seated Cable Rows
    110x12,12,12
    Medicine Ball Pushdowns+Rope Face Pulls
    190x20/60x15
    190x20/60x15
    190x20/60x15
    Notes: Easy day, pretty tired from the weekend.

30. 3/23/12-DE Squat/Deadlift
    Workout:
    DE Box Squat w/ 60lbs of chain weight
    185lb bar weightx8x2, Pointed my feet out a lil more and really spread the floor, I sat back really well and didnt tip as much. I also was moving super fast to. Great change.
    Speed Sumo Pulls/Suit Work
    135x1,1,1
    225x1,1
    275x1 All good and fast reps really getting a good groove with light weights.
    Suit straps down (single ply titan superior)
    275x1
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    455x1
    495x1,1 All these reps flew up with ease except for 495 bc my straps were down and my upper back still is my weak link in my pulls/squats/bench, that middle trap area to be exact.
    GHRs
    Land Mines
    10x10
    20x10,10
    Notes: I hate suiting up, pain in the ass and is like cardio. However I need to do it more often to see if I wanna compete in it. It is fun once your in the tho. Imma prob get a titan double ply centrion soon for squats and keep my superior for pulls.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM