Sweetlou's training log

Page 20 of 243 First ... 1819202122 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Big pulls. How different is pulling a specific DL suit compared to a squat suit?
    It is not as thick as the ace and the ace has more carry thru at the top I'd say. But the king as a single ply front and double back so it's easier to get to the bar. It has more pop off the floor. The straps pull you in a different way then the ace. More up and back. With the single ply briefs I can't tell a difference other then more pop, the straps help at lockout better. And I don't get caught on the material as much at lockout. I might get a pair of Viking briefs to try under it and see how that goes as they are more of a pop then stopping power and thinner then the ace.

2. 9/25/13-Raw bench
    Bench to 2 board
    315X2
    365X2 pr
    Db floor press
    55X20, 17, 13
    Neutral grip chins
    Bwx10, 10, 8, 6
    Jm press to 3 board
    135X10 for 3 Sets
    Micro band face pulls/db hammer curls
    20/30x10
    20/35X10
    20/40X10
    Notes. Nailed a bench pr today and I wasn't even feeling it But I had jo helping me so I went for it.
    •   

3. 9/26/13-Squat
    Squat w/ buffalo bar in ace briefs
    505X2
    555X0
    555X1
    Leg press
    360X10
    450X12 for 2 Sets
    Ghrs
    Bwx10
    Monster minix8
    Light bandx6
    Bwx8
    Yoga ball rollouts
    Side bends
    30x10 each side
    40x10 each side
    50x10 each side
    Notes. My groove on squats has been off lately. Maybe it's the early morning sessions as I never seem to have this problem later in the day. I rolled on to my toes on the first 555 and missed it. Kept my big toe up and fixed my set up and unrack and nailed it the second time could have been a double. Not as easy as at the meet but that is ok. Did the banded ghrs slow really focusing on my glutes as I want to bring those up. Tried the ball rollouts kubuki showed in his log. Much harder then expected will add them in.

4. How much pressure does the Buff Bar take off your shoulders? I'm using the SSB strictly as I can't handle the external rotation anymore, but I feel like I'm not really squatting if I don't have a bar on my back. I'm thinking maybe next spring I could afford one if I chose to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister View Post
    How much pressure does the Buff Bar take off your shoulders? I'm using the SSB strictly as I can't handle the external rotation anymore, but I feel like I'm not really squatting if I don't have a bar on my back. I'm thinking maybe next spring I could afford one if I chose to.
    I think it'd be a solid investment for you. If you're a raw squatter, the buffalo bar will have better carryover as you have to go through all the same cues and setup that you do with a straight bar. It is different with a SSB.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister View Post
    How much pressure does the Buff Bar take off your shoulders? I'm using the SSB strictly as I can't handle the external rotation anymore, but I feel like I'm not really squatting if I don't have a bar on my back. I'm thinking maybe next spring I could afford one if I chose to.
    It's takes none off mine and actually makes squatting slightly harder for me. I ride the bar high on my traps but all the other low bar squatters sware by the bar. Brian Schwab included. They use it almost religiously until the meet. Idk if that helps.

7. I'm a low bar guy so I'm leaning towards it. See how much $$$ I have this spring. Damned thing is expensive.

8. 9/28/13-Geared bench
    Light reverse band bench w/ sling shot
    365X1
    405X1
    435X1
    Medium height medium grip rack lockouts
    315X3 for 3 Sets.
    Db rows
    100X10
    120X12, 10
    Db side raises/monster pull aparts/Db front raises
    15X15/15/15x15
    20X12/15/15x15
    25X10/15/15x15
    Light band pushdowns
    30, 30, 20, 20
    Notes: No one from the team was there today so no shirt work. All the board pressing has made me feel funny at the bottom end of my press. So I went for a good overload today. Was very happy. All around great day. Really trying to increase my shoulder strength.

9. 9/29/13-Deadlift
    Speed pulls in superior briefs and metal king sumo deadlifter
    365X2 for 4 Sets
    455X1 for 2 Sets straps up.
    Goodmornings
    95X12 for 2 Sets
    135X12 for 2 Sets easing back into these and all lower back taxing lifts
    Hammer strength shrugs
    180X15
    270X15
    360X15
    Leg raises
    Bwx10 for 3 Sets
    Notes: giving up on the king for now, after watching videos I pull much faster in my tight ace suit then this combo. So I will go back to it for my heavy pull next Monday.

10. 10/01/13-Raw bench
    Medium grip pulldowns
    120X12 for 2 Sets
    Speed incline bench with shoulder saver
    185X3 for 4 Sets with medium grip
    185X3 w/ sling shot pinky on ring
    205X3 w/ sling shot
    225X3 for 2 Sets w/ sling shot
    Db complex
    Oh-55x20
    Flat-55x20
    Incline-55x16
    Jm press to 3 board
    135x8
    155X8
    165X8
    Notes: decided to split this day up between push and pull due to time issues. So tomorrow I will do upper back and bicep work really quick. I decided to start doing pull-ups and pulldowns in my warm up to bench again helped a lot today. No open flat benches when I got in so I improvised due to time. Maintained same bar speed on all sets.

11. Also I have to squat Thursday bc I am helping Brian with a meet Friday night and sat morning. Does anyone have a suggestion for upper back work as idk how much it will affect my squat.

12. Dumbell Rows, One Arm Barbell Rows, Seated Dumbell Clean, Mini banded triple threats, Meadows rows, Catback pulldowns (these would be nontaxing) ect ect
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

13. Catback pulldowns? Thanks man. I usually do cable rows, Db rows, or pull ups.

14. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5rk1p...%3Dmk5rk1pW1ek

I use a doubled light, or 2 doubled minis
    [email protected]

15. Do they make really sore? My issue is I get sore a lot which makes some days harder then others.

16. Not as much as dumbell rows would
    [email protected]

17. Cool thanks I will probably do those tomorrow then.

18. I feel like catbacks give a huge stretch, contraction, and pump and they feel sore as you're doing them, but since they're more of a 15-25 rep movement, you won't really be taxed or sore from them. Good choice Sean. Another stab would be to do some upper back (facepulls and rows and such) with the sled. That wouldn't beat you up.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

19. Cool thanks guys. I will try the cat backs and some face pulls with the sled. That should give me some volume but not tax me too much.

20. 10/02/13-Raw bench assistence work
    Wide grip pulldowns
    90X12 for 2 Sets
    Catback pulldowns w/ light band
    25/25/20/20
    Sled face pulls
    25Lbs on sled. 20/20/20
    Db curls/hammer curls
    20X10 for 2 Sets of each type.
    Notes: the catback pulldowns really stretched and pumped up my back. I liked them. Used a wider neutral grip handle then shown in the video and it helped with peak contraction. Overall good day. Nice and none taxing. Worked on my squat set up too at the end to get ready for tomorrow.

21. 10/03/13-Squat
    Squat in ace briefs w/ buffalo bar and light reverse bands and knee wraps
    600X1
    650x1 these briefs are kinda loose I need to gain weight or else I will never get much out of them.
    Leg press w/ pause at bottom
    5 pps x 12
    5 pps + 2 25s x 10
    Ghrs
    Bwx10
    Bw+monster minix10 for 2 Sets
    Yoga ball abb rollouts
    8, 8, 8
    Side bends
    30x10
    50x12
    Notes. Pretty sure that reverse band was a pr. Will have to go back and look. Starting to correct my form issues which is helping my squat.

22. What size?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What size?
    48 briefs. Quads measure 28.5 inches around. Even with suit slippers I could barely get a size 46 half way up.

24. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    48 briefs. Quads measure 28.5 inches around. Even with suit slippers I could barely get a size 46 half way up.
    Makes me wonder how the hell I get into a 44 brief.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Makes me wonder how the hell I get into a 44 brief.
    The Jack material is a little easier to get into. But I don't find much standardization in metal gear. Seems all sizes of all gear varies from batch to batch lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM