Sweetlou's training log

Page 18 of 169 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

That is what I'd guess really de work should feel like. Moving a challenging weight fast. Not just a light weight fast. I figured this out on my deadlifts and it helped me a ton.
    I think when I implemented DE earlier this year, I wasn't actually ready to, because of form and probably strength. My DE was either slow or light. Not yesterday.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

I think when I implemented DE earlier this year, I wasn't actually ready to, because of form and probably strength. My DE was either slow or light. Not yesterday.
    I was the same way and actually turned all my de work into technique work to better my form and now I feel I can actually do de work correctly.
    •   

3. 10/12/13-De bench
    Wide grip pulldowns warm up
    100x12
    120X12
    De bench w/ mini band under bench
    165+bandsx3 reps for 6 Sets
    185+bandsx3 reps for 2 Sets w/ sling shot
    Rack lockouts
    315X3
    365X3 w/ sling shot
    405X5 w/ sling shot pr
    Wide grip neutral grip pulldowns
    150x12
    170x12
    190x12
    Mini band Pullaparts
    75 total reps
    Notes: quick day in the gym. First time doing de bench in a little while. It was challenging. I deff need to. do it more. Hit a good pr on rack lockouts, these tend to help my top end bench in my shirt. I have not been training much with Brian. His training is extremely taxing. It is essentially me pull, raw bench, squat, and geared bench each and every week with de pulls every other week. I am not assisted so this style just burns me out in about 3 weeks. So I might switch Westside again until prepping for a meet then run his style as you do get a lot of geared work in. I just can not handle it year round and it creates some major imbalances quickly. He is genetically blesses and his style works for him. But like many other members at obb have told me, his training is to hard for them and they overreach well but can not sustain it long term. Brian doesn't have a huge consistent crew bc his training is just so taxing. Wish I could reap the rewards he does from it.

4. 10/14/13-deadlift
    De squat w/ buffalo bar, light bands, and superior briefs to a below parallel box
    380+bandsx2 for 8 sets
    De sumo deadlift w/ short minis and superior briefs
    365+bandsx1 for 6 Sets
    Banded rdls
    Avg band around feet and neckx10
    Avg band+45x10
    Avg band+90x10
    Avg band+100x10
    Leg raises+cable crunches to the side
    Bwx20/90x10 each side for 2 Sets
    Notes: great speed session. This is was much needed. Really gets my fired up and sweating. Technique felt much better today. Excited to squat later in the week.

5. Nice, man. Time to use that speed and blow some squats out of the hole.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Nice, man. Time to use that speed and blow some squats out of the hole.
    Thanks man, will do!

7. Got my jack shirt back. Arms are a touch to big. I will do some extra volume on them to make up for it. Does anyone think the arms being a just a tad to big is gonna be a big problem if the chest plate is the right size?

8. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Got my jack shirt back. Arms are a touch to big. I will do some extra volume on them to make up for it. Does anyone think the arms being a just a tad to big is gonna be a big problem if the chest plate is the right size?
    It's the Ace shirt, but I know that moving the shirt even 1/4" changes how much pop I get out of the shirt. I'm not sure how much the stitching of the Jack shirts changes the groove compared to an Ace, though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. That's a good question. At least they have several articles on Elite about how to find a cheap local alternative for taking the sleeves in. You'll have to try the shirt and find out.
    Training log:

10. Thanks guys. I will try it out next week and see how it goes to a two board. This way I can directly compare it to the performance of my f6. I will try to grow bigger arms too lol.

11. 10/16/13-Re bench
    Neutral grip pulldowns warm up
    120x12,12
    Re bench w/ slingshot
    225x4 for 4 Sets
    245X4
    265X4
    Rack lockouts
    315X3
    365X3 w/ slingshot
    405X6 w/ slingshot pr
    Wide grip seated cable rows
    150x12
    180x12,12,10
    Db side laterals/Micro band face pulls
    15X12/15 for 3 Sets
    Light band pushdowns/Db hammer curls
    100 total reps/25x12 for 2 Sets
    Notes: good session today. The re work felt great. I maintained a good speed thru all sets even the heavier ones. I was able to really focus on keeping my back tight, loading my lats, and firing my triceps. This lead into a pr on lockouts. I think I need de/Re work on bench regularly to keep my technique on point for my heavier work.

12. 10/18/13-Squat
    Squat to high box in ace briefs
    510x2
    600x2
    Ghrs
    Bwx12,12,15
    Notes: short day for me today. Was spending most of my time handling Brian to work out any kinks before his meet. Went well today. Was not expecting to hit a 600 for 2 today. Was very happy with it! Was about 1 inch above parallel I was told.

13. 10/19/13-me bench
    Wide grip pulldowns warm up
    120X12,12
    Bench press
    295X2
    315X2 or
    Db complex
    Oh-60x12
    Incline-60X12
    Flat-60x9
    Flat neutral grip machine press
    60x15,15
    Wide grip pull ups
    Bwx10,6,4
    Wide grip pulldowns
    120X10,10
    Rope pushdowns+db curls
    50X20/25x12 for 2 Sets
    Mini band Pullaparts
    Notes: hit a huge pr on raw benxh today. The last time I me raw benched was over a year ago and I managed a 315 for 1. I was doing.doubles and got it for 2. I. Happy with this esp with no real raw bench work geared towards my raw bench. I was dead after this and my erectors were just gone. So I tried some real assistence work and.scratched it for just some machine volume work. I just wanted to get some blood in me and leave feeling.good today.

14. 10/21/13-DE Lower
    DE Squat w/ SSB w/ Light Bands w/ Superior Briefs to a below parallel box
    330+Bandsx2 for 3 sets
    380+Bandsx2 for 3 sets
    Sumo Deadlifts, work up to a decently heavy triple w/ superior briefs
    405x3
    495x3
    Banded RDLs w/ AVG Band
    bandx20
    band+66x20
    band+88x20
    Leg Raises+Cable Oblique Crunches
    bwx20/90x12
    bwx20/105x10
    Notes: Hit some good speed work then worked up a little on deadlifts. I was suppose to ME my deads today but i decieded to leave my superior briefs on and go for a decent triple with a hook grip to just build up "raw" strength some. Good day very happy with my performance. Those briefs are single ply and I pull with a double ply suit so i was happy with the triple, wasnt to hard either. Below 90% for sure. Maybe around 85%.

15. 10/22/13-DE bench
    DE Floor press w/ chains
    185+40lbs chainsx3 for 8 Sets
    High incline oh rack presses w/ chain
    135+40lbs chainsx5 for 3 Sets
    Seated medium neutral grip cable rows
    150x10
    180x10,10
    Rope facepulls+db side lateral raises
    45X15/15x10 for 2 Sets
    Light band pushdowns+db hammer curls
    100 total reps/25x12 for 2 Sets
    Notes: Was feeling beat up going into this session. So I used floor press over bench. I was happy with my speed regardless and that is a weight I have never been able to use on de floor press in the past. I need more delt strength and trickle strength so I figured oh rack presses w/ chains would be nice switch from rack lockouts for 3 weeks.

16. 10/24/13-Se squat
    Squat in ace briefs w/ chains
    420+40lbs chainsx3
    420+160lbs chainsx3
    420+200lbs chainsx3
    Bulgarian split squats w/ added rom
    Bwx10
    15X10
    Abs wheel
    Walking with the sled
    45Lbs on sled for 1 lap
    90lbs on sled for 1 lap
    45Lbs on sled for 1 lap
    Notes: good day. I gained the weight I needed so my briefs and fitting much better again. I was only hoping for 420+120lbs chain for a triple today But once I warmed up I felt great. So I pushed it. This was not me work But had I added another set or 2 of chains is would have been. Feeling beat up so I pulled back on the assistance work.

17. That's a ****load of chains.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. What's SE method again? I forgot
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's a ****load of chains.
    Yea we have quite a bit here at obb so I figured if just pick a bar weight and keep adding chains.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    What's SE method again? I forgot
    Submax effort, I try to stay around 80%-85% when I do this for a few sets. I am doing a variation of Brian's routine where when I me on pulls Monday I don't quite me on Fridays squats then I do de pulls the following week and me squats. It's to help me recover.

21. 10/25/13-Me bench
    Medium grip pulldowns warm up
    120x12,12
    2 board press in Jack shirt
    495x1,1
    545X1 50lb pr
    Flat db press
    60x10
    70x10
    50x10
    Medium grip pull-ups
    Bwx10, 8
    Medium grip pulldowns
    150x10, 8
    Football bar jm press
    95x12 for 5 Sets
    Scarcrows+Db curls
    5X12/25x12 for 3 Sets
    Notes: My Jack shirt was loose. The first 495 was brutally hard. So we took the shirt and put it on inside out to fold the sleeves in to tighten them on my arm. Worked great and smoked a 50lb pr to a 2 board after that.

22. Good stuff man! Is it meet legal to bench with your shirt inside out? If not, what's the next step?

So tell me, what's it feel like to have five hundred forty-five pounds in your hands on the bench?
    Training log:

23. Holy **** that is one hell of a PR
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

24. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Good stuff man! Is it meet legal to bench with your shirt inside out? If not, what's the next step?

So tell me, what's it feel like to have five hundred forty-five pounds in your hands on the bench?
    No you put it on inside out then when it goes on the sleeves get folded in half. Joey Smith has a video explaining how to do it. It is usually used for sleeves that are to big or to long.

It felt good and easy, I had imagined it would feel heavy but it didn't feel any heavier then 495 and moved even faster in this shirt.

25. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Holy **** that is one hell of a PR
    Thanks man! It shows that gear selection does make a difference in this sport.

26. 10/27/13-Deadlift
    Sumo deadlift off 2 inch block in ace briefs
    495X2
    545X2
    Gms
    225X5 for 3 Sets
    Hip adductors/abductors
    40x10 for 2 Sets each
    Oblique crunches/leg raises
    90x10/bwx10 for 2 Sets
    Leg press
    90x15 for 2 Sets
    Notes: I have given up doing my own programing. I got ambitious for a few weeks but I am not experienced enough to program for gear so I have gone back to Brian's programming. I have read his e book and realized I was maxing each session when that is not what you are suppose to do. So I will program correctly this time. There were mistakes made but I will address them. I'd like to compete in February so this would lead me right into that meet. I will never pull in my briefs again. They are just to loose at the moment and I didn't bloat up for this session So I didn't get to much out of them as I would my suit. The gms were done as jl holdsworth suggested in one of his videos and with a neutral spine which killed my lower back and abs.

27. 10/28/13-me bench
    Pull ups
    Bwx5,5
    Bench in slingshot
    315X3,3
    Dips
    Bwx10
    Bw+20x10
    Bw+40x10,10
    Bw+20x10
    Chest supported machine row
    170X10,10,10,10
    Rope pushdowns+hammer curls
    45X15/25x12 2 sets
    Chain side raises+mini band Pullaparts
    20x15/25 3 sets

28. You may have already posted it, but what size of Jack shirt? I've been wanting to try it out.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You may have already posted it, but what size of Jack shirt? I've been wanting to try it out.
    It is a size 54 Jack.

30. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    It is a size 54 Jack.
    Compare/contrast with the Ace shirt.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM