Sweetlou's training log

Page 17 of 28 First ... 12151617181922 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/3/14-ME Bench
    Floor Press w/ Fat Football Bar Wide Grip
    225x3
    245x1
    275x1
    295x0, spotter touched the bar when I started to strain, I told him that you dont do that during ME, let me miss it or get it haha.
    DB Oh Press
    70x10
    80x8
    DB Floor Press
    65x10
    75x5
    Medium Grip Seated Cable Rows
    150x10
    165x10,10
    180x8
    195x6
    Rolling Tricep Ext/Db Curls
    25x10/25x10
    35x10/25x10
    35x10/25x10
    Unilateral Micro Band Facepulls
    15,15,15,15
    Notes: That bar made the floor press much much harder. Got all the work I wanted to get in today. Was very productive.

  2. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/5/14-ME Squat
    Squat
    415x1
    465 w/ Knee wrapsx0 Wraps threw me off
    415 w/ Knee wrapsx1 was much harder with wraps than without.
    435x1
    Straight Bar GMs
    225x5
    235x5
    Cambered Bar GMs
    165x5
    205x5 I prefer these on my shoulders so I stopped the straight bar gms and moved to these for my last two sets
    Step Ups
    20x8
    30x8
    40x8
    Abs Wheel
    8,6,6,6
    Conditioning: 6 half laps with the Prowler, 70lbs on it using high handles
    Notes: 40lbs off from my best ever meet raw squat. Not bad for not doing any real raw squatting in about a year. I hope to push this up this cycle and get near 500. Knee wraps threw me out of position, i saw this when doing 415 with and without them. I think they are the reason I had problems during my meet cycle going into the meet. I squatted 675 with ease in august and 675 was much harder during my meet cycle. I may just leave them out and look for a good pair of sleeves other than rehbands.
  3. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/7/14-DE Bench
    DE Bench w/ Doubled Minis
    135x6x3
    Close Grip Incline Bench w/ 2 Board
    185x5
    205x5
    215x5
    Pull-ups Various Grips
    bwx5,5,5,5,5
    Hammer Strength High Row/Side Raises
    90x15/15x15 for 2 sets
    Light Band Overhead Ext
    50 total reps

    3/10/14-ME Bench
    Bench in Overkill Shirt (2 ply chest, 3 ply arm)
    405 to 4 then 3 board, 2 reps
    455x2 to 3 board
    495x1 to 3 board
    495x1 to 2 board
    545x1 to 2 board
    545x2 to 2 board, not sure if this link works but there is a video of this set. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...otif_t=mention
    Oh DB Press
    65x10,8
    DB Floor Press
    35x12,12
    Seated Medium Grip Cable Rows
    135x10x5
    Fat Bar Football Bar JM Press/DB Curls
    95x9/25x12, 3 sets
    Unilateral Micro Band Facepulls
    15x3
    Notes: This just about killed me to finish this session. I have determined I am doing to much assistance work. I need to make this faster and easier on me somehow. I have been looking at chris's log and several elite fts guys to see how to better do this.

    3/12/14-DE Squat
    Raw DE Squat 55% of best 1RM w/ Light Bands
    245x2x8
    Add Knee Wraps, have to learn how to use these
    245x2
    295x2
    335x2
    Cambered Bar GMs
    185x5
    215x5,5
    Step Ups
    15x8
    30x8
    50x8
    Abs Wheel
    8,8,7,7
    Conditioning: 6 half laps sprinting all out with the prowler, 90lbs on the prowler.
    Notes: Another brutal day, I am just to slow. The conditioning had me on the ground.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    additional notes: I need a new pair of shoes to squat in, my chucks are taking a beating pretty bad right now. Currently decreasing overall cals. Crashed estrogen levels with what I hope is adex, doubtful right now as .25mg eod for 2 doses crushed me.
  5. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,576
    Rep Power
    338460
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The new power shoe from Rebox is awesome if you like flat shoes.
    I love it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  6. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    The new power shoe from Rebox is awesome if you like flat shoes.
    I love it.
    I was looking at those. I have only ever used flat shoes. The tr lite? How did you size them?
  7. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,576
    Rep Power
    338460
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

    I was looking at those. I have only ever used flat shoes. The tr lite? How did you size them?
    I actually just got the same size as my chucks and they turned out perfect. Bell/Burdick did great with them IMO.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  8. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    I actually just got the same size as my chucks and they turned out perfect. Bell/Burdick did great with them IMO.
    So i wear a 9.5 chuck but 11 any other shoe. I go with a 9.5? Thanks for the.review!
  9. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,576
    Rep Power
    338460
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

    So i wear a 9.5 chuck but 11 any other shoe. I go with a 9.5? Thanks for the.review!
    Woo that's interesting. I am with in one size in pretty much all shoe types so my chucks are a 10 and my new training shoes a ten. I just double checked lol and no problem
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  10. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Woo that's interesting. I am with in one size in pretty much all shoe types so my chucks are a 10 and my new training shoes a ten. I just double checked lol and no problem
    Yee i will most likely get a.10.5 and go from there. Dicks has free shipping and returns on them so i can find my size lol
  11. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/14/14-DE Bench
    DE Floor Press w/ Chains
    165+40lbs chainx8x3
    Close Grip Incline Press w/ Shoulder Saver
    185x5
    215x5
    225x5 PR
    Pull-ups Various Grips
    10,8,8,6,6
    Wide Grip Upright Rows/Mini Band Upright Rows
    65x10/12x3 sets
    Light Band Overhead Ext
    50 total reps
    Notes: Good day today. Was fast and intense.
  12. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/15/14-me deadlift
    Raw conventional deadlift off a 1 inch.deficit
    455x1
    475x1 pr
    495x1 pr
    505x0,1 pr
    Ghrs
    Bwx10,8,8,6
    Unilateral leg press
    90x12,12
    Side bends/leg raises
    35x10/bwx15
    50x10/bwx15
    60x10/bwx15
    Conditioning: 4 full laps sprinting with the prowler high handles with 50lbs on it.
    Notes:brutal me day. Happy for a 50lbs pr.
  13. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,720
    Rep Power
    3494576
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Congrats on the bigass PR
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  14. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,576
    Rep Power
    338460
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yea 50lb pr is huge my man
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  15. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Congrats on the bigass PR
    Thanks man! All that sumo dradlifting had a direct carryover to my conv pull!
  16. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Yea 50lb pr is huge my man
    Thanks!
  17. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/17/14-me bench
    Bench with fat football bar comp grip width
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1
    Db oh press
    70x8
    80x7
    Db floor press
    65x8,8
    Seated medium grip cable row
    165x8
    195x8
    210X8
    225x8 pr
    165x12
    Close grip fat football bar jm press/Db curls
    95x10/30x10 3 sets
    Unilateral micro band facepulls
    15,15,15
    Notes:good day. The 315 felt like it was going to crush me but it moved fast. Maxed out the cable row.stack at obb also on rows. So back is getting stronger!
  18. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Haha funny on doing the stack with rows. Thankfully ours still has a bit of room left to accommodate me as I develop more strength before I have to add plates on the pin.

    Some nice sets of prs you've been hitting.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  19. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Haha funny on doing the stack with rows. Thankfully ours still has a bit of room left to accommodate me as I develop more strength before I have to add plates on the pin.

    Some nice sets of prs you've been hitting.
    Haha yea. It was just a side goal for fun for me. Obb has a special made pin that was built to add plates to lol. Thanks man. I feel like training this past year has been going good consistently!
  20. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/19/14-ME Lower
    Raw Squat to depth with the SSB and knee wraps
    380x1
    420x1
    430x1
    240x3,3 these are paused for a 3 count in the whole each rep.
    Cambered Bar GMs
    205x5
    225x5 PR
    235x5 PR
    255x5 PR
    Step Ups
    bwx8
    40lbs dbsx8,8
    Abs Wheel
    8,5,5,5
    Conditioning: 3 full laps with the prowler high handles, 90lbs on prowler.
    Notes: Very happy with the ssb squats today, My CNS is still ramped up from the gear as anything under 500 feels easy unrack and move half way up. In the whole is a completely different story. Making some changes to my lower body training to get more squat/deadlift volume. This week is my last week of my 3-4 week assistance rotation so I gave the GMS all I had, those killed me. Conditioning is getting much easier. Getting better at using knee wraps also. Hoping to break the 500s raw with squatting with wraps before jumping back into my gear.
  21. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/21/14-DE Bench
    DE Bench w/ Chains
    165+40lbsx8x3
    Comp Grip Incline Bench w/ Shoulder Saver
    185x5,5,5
    Pull-ups, various grips
    10,8,8,6,6
    Side Raises/DB Curls
    15/25x15/10 3 sets

    3/22/14-DE Lower
    Squat
    225x3x3
    275x1
    335x1
    425x1 in ace briefs, got a new pair of squat shoes so I wanted to test them just a little.
    DE Pulls sumo/conv
    275+50lbs chainx8x1
    Barbell Shrugs/GHRs/Side Bends
    315x8/bwx15/45x12 2 sets

    3/24/14-ME Bench
    Reverse Light Band Bench
    275x3
    315x3
    335x3, took off about 60lbs at bottom not much at the top.
    DB Complex
    oh-60x10
    flat-60x10
    incline-60x10
    decline-60x10
    Kroc Rows
    100x25 each arm
    Jm Press/Pullapart Complex
    135x10/10 each way
    135x10/10 each way
    135x10/10 overhand and underhand only
    Notes: Left shoulder is bothering me some. So I called it there on bench today, was just about 90% for me. Not to hard.
  22. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/26/14-Me lower
    Conv deadlift off 4 inch block
    495 w/ hook gripx1
    525 w/ hook gripx1
    545 reg gripx1
    Bulgarian split squats
    25lb barx10
    45Lb barx10
    65lb barx10
    85Lb barx10
    Hypers
    Bwx12,12,12
    Leg raises
    Bwx15
    Bw+5lbx12,12
    Conditioning
    4 laps with prowler high handles.
    Notes: got the weight I wanted today. Was a brutal lift.
  23. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice work.

    Block deadlifts can be rough, though they are a bit easier than rack pulls. My 2" block deadlift is actually well below my floor deadlift, haha.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  24. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Nice work.

    Block deadlifts can be rough, though they are a bit easier than rack pulls. My 2" block deadlift is actually well below my floor deadlift, haha.
    I know many guys like that. My 525 block pull felt harder then my 525 pull off the floor. It just feels like an entirely different groove.
  25. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,809
    Rep Power
    562757
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

    I know many guys like that. My 525 block pull felt harder then my 525 pull off the floor. It just feels like an entirely different groove.
    Totally agree with this. It's very different after you get so used to pulling from the floor. Half the time I don't even know where exactly to put my hips.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  26. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    Totally agree with this. It's very different after you get so used to pulling from the floor. Half the time I don't even know where exactly to put my hips.
    I just try to sit back and almost fall back into the pull to best simulate pulling from the floor. This is what Dave Tate has said about block and pin pulls.
  27. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I just try to sit back and almost fall back into the pull to best simulate pulling from the floor. This is what Dave Tate has said about block and pin pulls.
    Yeah, I just get into whatever position I would be in if the exercise were just a snapshot in time of a pull from the floor. Otherwise instead of training for the deadlift I'd be training for the rack pull/block pull.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  28. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    After being on a trt dose of 200mg a.week in one shot for so long dropping down to 150mg a week split into two.shots feels so much different. I lost about 4-5 lbs of what appears to be water and glycogen. Also had to bump cals from 3300 to 4000 to compensate energy wise for my lifts. Libido is down also.
  29. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/28/14-De bench
    De floor press w/ doubled minis/de pull ups
    185+Bandsx3,3,3,3/bwx2,2,2,2
    155+Bandsx3,3,3,3/bwx2,2,2,2
    Close grip rack lockouts
    315X5
    365X5
    385X3
    225X10
    Neutral grip medium width pulldowns
    165X8,8
    Side raises/Db hammer curls
    10X12/20x10
    15X12/25x10
    20X12/30x10
    Notes: weight is stable at 220-221 yet I feel very dry and look noticibly leaner and less full. I feel weaker yet I am on par with my strength as before and even got a pr on rack lockouts. I dropped my 50mg dhea daily as blood work shows it's not needed so that could reduce my estrogen. Or that I split my shoot up twice a.week so more stable levels. Or my gear is underdosed or bunk. Guess I will ha e to.get bloodwork soon to find out what's going on.
  30. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    After being on a trt dose of 200mg a.week in one shot for so long dropping down to 150mg a week split into two.shots feels so much different. I lost about 4-5 lbs of what appears to be water and glycogen. Also had to bump cals from 3300 to 4000 to compensate energy wise for my lifts. Libido is down also.
    Are you saying the new regimen is worse overall or just worse for the gym? If you feel like 150 is not enough wrt quality of life, maybe you should go back up to 200/week again, but try splitting that dose into 2x100mg shots. I dont like hearing your libido is down, though that might be a bit more psychological than physiological.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  31. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post

    Are you saying the new regimen is worse overall or just worse for the gym? If you feel like 150 is not enough wrt quality of life, maybe you should go back up to 200/week again, but try splitting that dose into 2x100mg shots. I dont like hearing your libido is down, though that might be a bit more psychological than physiological.
    It's a multitude of issues. First being I lost my health insurance recently and.I just can not afford Obama care atm and all my other avenues for.coverage have stopped due to Obama care also. So I decided to just continue therapy as is best I could until I could resolve the issue. So now I have two separate brands of test. I decided to spend some time in the male anti aging section of the forum and read how to better my treatment, and what proper dhea levels are also. So I went from 200mg of test c in one shot, 50mg dhea, 2 erase per day to 200mg of one brand of test with 2 erase, 50mg dhea and I also tried formestane in this time period. That vial started to.core so I decided to try the other brand and lower the dose and split it up in an attempt to reduce my estrogen and need for an ai. I have blood work for 120mg and 200mg also I had done before I based this 150mg a week on. The 120 had me at about, 350 6 days after shot and 200 had me over 1200 6 days after shot. Also my dhea before supplementation was low 400s. So I decided to remove the dhea as my levels were not that low, and reduce test as well as split it into 2 shots, so 75mg twice a week. As I read splitting the shot up 2-3 days a week is better. Well no I am.very dry, nipple pain is gone which was present at previous protocol. But I am tired, lethargic, libido is down as is erection quality, and I am dry so to speak. Don't feel strong in my sessions either. So now I am wondering if this is just the removal in dhea, lower dose, and splitting the shots up keeping sides at bay of my test is underdosed or bunk. I will go to 100mg twice a week for a week's and.see how things progress and possibly get bloodwork done. I have several team mates rave about both brands so it makes me wonder about this second one.
  32. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    It's a multitude of issues. First being I lost my health insurance recently and.I just can not afford Obama care atm and all my other avenues for.coverage have stopped due to Obama care also. So I decided to just continue therapy as is best I could until I could resolve the issue. So now I have two separate brands of test. I decided to spend some time in the male anti aging section of the forum and read how to better my treatment, and what proper dhea levels are also. So I went from 200mg of test c in one shot, 50mg dhea, 2 erase per day to 200mg of one brand of test with 2 erase, 50mg dhea and I also tried formestane in this time period. That vial started to.core so I decided to try the other brand and lower the dose and split it up in an attempt to reduce my estrogen and need for an ai. I have blood work for 120mg and 200mg also I had done before I based this 150mg a week on. The 120 had me at about, 350 6 days after shot and 200 had me over 1200 6 days after shot. Also my dhea before supplementation was low 400s. So I decided to remove the dhea as my levels were not that low, and reduce test as well as split it into 2 shots, so 75mg twice a week. As I read splitting the shot up 2-3 days a week is better. Well no I am.very dry, nipple pain is gone which was present at previous protocol. But I am tired, lethargic, libido is down as is erection quality, and I am dry so to speak. Don't feel strong in my sessions either. So now I am wondering if this is just the removal in dhea, lower dose, and splitting the shots up keeping sides at bay of my test is underdosed or bunk. I will go to 100mg twice a week for a week's and.see how things progress and possibly get bloodwork done. I have several team mates rave about both brands so it makes me wonder about this second one.
    Oh. When you changed your shot regimen to 150, did you stay on the AIs? I'm starting to think now your E could be shot, which could also account for poor libido if it's that far gone. Anyways, maybe you should get bloods once you've been on this new protocol for a month (have you) before you decide how to change course. I was just saying if 200 was fine already minus the E control and high E-related issues (wet, nipple sensitivitiy) you could still split the shots and see how that goes.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  33. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Oh. When you changed your shot regimen to 150, did you stay on the AIs? I'm starting to think now your E could be shot, which could also account for poor libido if it's that far gone. Anyways, maybe you should get bloods once you've been on this new protocol for a month (have you) before you decide how to change course. I was just saying if 200 was fine already minus the E control and high E-related issues (wet, nipple sensitivitiy) you could still split the shots and see how that goes.
    I discontinued the a.I.s as they didn't seem needed with how dry I was and no nipple pain. It has been 2 weeks actually. I will go back to 200mg with split shots and add back in the dhea as I was and leave it as I had it with the only variable I changed being the split into two shots for a month then get blood work in the month. Then based on how I feel and.it looks I will make a change as needed and then wait a month etc until I feel good and my blood work looks good. Thanks for the help. Do you happen to know if dhea has a negative feedback loop like test or other hormones since I was on 50mg orally for about a year straight. Do you think that could ha e caused the estrogen related issues and wetness also?
  34. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I discontinued the a.I.s as they didn't seem needed with how dry I was and no nipple pain. It has been 2 weeks actually. I will go back to 200mg with split shots and add back in the dhea as I was and leave it as I had it with the only variable I changed being the split into two shots for a month then get blood work in the month. Then based on how I feel and.it looks I will make a change as needed and then wait a month etc until I feel good and my blood work looks good. Thanks for the help. Do you happen to know if dhea has a negative feedback loop like test or other hormones since I was on 50mg orally for about a year straight. Do you think that could ha e caused the estrogen related issues and wetness also?
    I'm not familiar with DHEA supplementation, so I can't comment on the protocol for DHEA.

    DHEA is going to be indirectly inhibitory depending on it's conversion rate to test in your body and on your genetic set point for testosterone. That's about all I can say on the matter.

    Here's SuppVersity on DHEA: http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013...p-seconds.html I dont know what you can get out of there that would be helpful. I will say I don't immediately see the benefit of supplementing with DHEA while on testosterone, though. I would either use pregnenolone or progesterone.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  35. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I'm not familiar with DHEA supplementation, so I can't comment on the protocol for DHEA.

    DHEA is going to be indirectly inhibitory depending on it's conversion rate to test in your body and on your genetic set point for testosterone. That's about all I can say on the matter.

    Here's SuppVersity on DHEA: http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013...p-seconds.html I dont know what you can get out of there that would be helpful. I will say I don't immediately see the benefit of supplementing with DHEA while on testosterone, though. I would either use pregnenolone or progesterone.
    I will check it out when I get home. Thanks for all your help. I know this is a training log but I just felt like.discussing my current health issues hoping.someone would chime in. Progesterone supplementation for a guy? Or was that a just in general statement?
  36. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I will check it out when I get home. Thanks for all your help. I know this is a training log but I just felt like.discussing my current health issues hoping.someone would chime in. Progesterone supplementation for a guy? Or was that a just in general statement?
    I've definitely come around to the idea of progesterone supplementation for men on TRT. There was a guy (who used to be) active on this board, a 40+ year old AM veteran, who first introduced me to the concept. I think his name was @Whacked .

    Anyways, I don't really remember what these links say, but here is an initial body of literature to refer to on progesterone supplementation for men. May take you some time to get through it all.

    Progesterone For Men – The Missing Link In Man Boob Reduction?
    Progesterone in Men | Bioidentical Hormones: Progesterone - Progesterone in Men | Bioidentical Hormones: Progesterone
    Progesterone in Men
    The Compounder - Estrogen Dominance In Men & Using a Progesterone Supplement
    http://www.aletriscenter.com/progesterone_men.pdf
    Contrarian Endocrinology Part 2 - Estrogen and Progesterone for Men
    The male contraceptive regimen of te... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  37. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I've definitely come around to the idea of progesterone supplementation for men on TRT. There was a guy (who used to be) active on this board, a 40+ year old AM veteran, who first introduced me to the concept. I think his name was Whacked.

    Anyways, I don't really remember what these links say, but here is an initial body of literature to refer to on progesterone supplementation for men. May take you some time to get through it all.

    http://chestsculpting.com/progestero...oob-reduction/
    http://www.bodylogicmd.com/hormones-...n/progesterone
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Progesterone_Men.aspx
    http://www.thecompounder.com/alterna...minance-in-men
    http://www.aletriscenter.com/progesterone_men.pdf
    http://thinksteroids.com/articles/co...-estrogen-men/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12629101
    You gave me even more to look over. Thanks this is helpful I will read thru this when I get home also. He is still active I see him post in the anabolic.section here and there. Do you have any links on pregnenalone?
  38. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I'm not familiar with DHEA supplementation, so I can't comment on the protocol for DHEA.

    DHEA is going to be indirectly inhibitory depending on it's conversion rate to test in your body and on your genetic set point for testosterone. That's about all I can say on the matter.

    Here's SuppVersity on DHEA: http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013...p-seconds.html I dont know what you can get out of there that would be helpful. I will say I don't immediately see the benefit of supplementing with DHEA while on testosterone, though. I would either use pregnenolone or progesterone.
    I read this over and I have a much better understanding now. He does state in the questions it can cause shutdown of cortisol and estrogen and.other androgens with dhea supplementation. Possiability for me being tired and dry? Maybe.
  39. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/30/14-De lower
    De box squat with chain
    240+50lbs chainx2x10
    Elevated ghrs
    Bwx6,6
    Bw+10x4
    Barbell shrugs
    225X10x3
    Abs wheel
    11,8,8
    Notes: managed to get thru this session quick like I wanted. Was pretty good and felt good squatting. Hit a pr on the abs wheel too.
  40. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,680
    Rep Power
    118332
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    3/31/14-Me bench
    Bench
    315X1
    Add slingshot
    335X3
    355X3
    365X3 pr
    Db complex
    Oh-65x10
    Flat-65x10
    Incline-65x10
    Decline-65x10
    Seated wide grip cable rows
    135X10
    165X10
    195X10
    210X7
    165X10
    Incline Tate presses
    35x10
    40x10
    45X10
    Mini band pullapart complex
    2 sets 10 each way and one extra set.of just the overhand and underhand.
    Notes: good day. Was happy with the sslingshot pr. Shoulder held up great too. Things are coming along again.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in