100 Day Burpee Challenge ~ Join In Starting Sun. April 24th~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

100 Day Burpee Challenge ~ Join In Starting Sun. April 24th~

100 Day Burpee Challenge. Beginning Sun April 24th , we are going to do one burpee on day one and add one each day until we get to 100 burpees on the 100th day!

Feel free to invite anyone else to join, the more the better

The Rules:

1. Use Burgener’s burpee standards for form (see examples below)

2. You can complete each day’s burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day

3. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day

4. If you don’t start the challenge with us today, you can “buy-in” at any time by doing ALL the missed day’s burpees on your first day

5. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to

6. For performance tracking purposes, the 25 burpees, 50 burpees, 75 burpees and 100 burpees days will be timed

7. Have fun doing burpees and getting stronger doing it!

The following form standards and photos are courtesy of CrossFit Santa Cruz:

Step 1: Start with hands on the ground in front of your feet. Keep your back straight.

Step 2: Kick feet out behind you into the top of the push-up portion of the burpee. Your body should be straight and tight in a flat plank.

Step 3: Lower your body into the lowest part of a push-up. Your chest and thighs should ultimately touch the ground at the same time. Remember to keep your whole body, especially your midline, tight. While throwing your body on the ground and therefore touching both chest and thighs to the ground is acceptable by some standards, I feel that more is to be gained from doing a strict push-up in this Challenge.

Step 4: Push up into the top of the push-up position again.

Step 5: Jump your feet up to your hands into your starting position.

Step 6: Jump into the air and clap your hands overhead so that your ear is exposed in front of your arms. Your feet should leave the ground.

*I will be uploading an excel sheet to help aid in tracking our progress and what day we are on*
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

A few things to keep things fun while we do this:

- Post the oddest places you knock some burpees out at e.g. the mall, movie theater, Costco, etc

- Guerrilla Burpees (Do burpees in random places without peoples knowledge and video it...

Guerrilla Burpee Standards

There are standards to be upheld here. You lose cool points for any self-praise/thumbs up signals after you have burpee-d. No wearing gym-gear. Act casual and go straight back to acting casual after the event. There has to be people around you. Keep it unstaged. The only person who should know about it is the person videoing you.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

This is neat. Is there reasoning behind the challenge. Just wondering. Sounds fun though...and sure cant hurt

RECOVERBRO

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    This is neat. Is there reasoning behind the challenge. Just wondering. Sounds fun though...and sure cant hurt
    I did a 100 day pull up challenge on here about this time last year. No real reason, just enjoy the challenge. It's a good way to stay fit and increase one's metabolic conditioning. So, I can count you in?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  5. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I'm down with this... I remember the pull up challenge you did a while back, I want to say about 2yrs ago, I made till day 35 or so... I'll make a better effort this time around

Any reason we dont start earlier? Aug 15th is a long ways away
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    I'm down with this... I remember the pull up challenge you did a while back, I want to say about 2yrs ago, I made till day 35 or so... I'll make a better effort this time around

Any reason we dont start earlier? Aug 15th is a long ways away

Starts this Sunday April 24th. Sorry, but I missed that typo, it's been corrected. Glad to have ya onboard. I went through the pull up challenge thread and hit everyone up that was in on that and has any recent posts.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I am freaking in this one!!!!

Love the idea I wish I did burpees more often but I just HATE burpees.. lol

Sounds like an awesome idea to get my lazy ass in gear

Question: They can be broken up throughout the day correct? Like say 5 sets of 20 in the span of 12 hours? Maybe I will start adding them back into my warm ups again
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I was reading over the 100 pullups thread, good read. I have 104 days to my goal August 1st, (if i have my math right) this does sound pretty neat, and I do enjoy burpees, I don't know if I can make it but that's what makes it a challenge right?
    Better than the pullup challenge because u don't need to find a bar

And if u can break it down to different set....

Aw hell...I'm gonna try....

this sunday right?
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    A few things to keep things fun while we do this:

- Post the oddest places you knock some burpees out at e.g. the mall, movie theater, Costco, etc

- Guerrilla Burpees (Do burpees in random places without peoples knowledge and video it...

Guerrilla Burpee Standards

There are standards to be upheld here. You lose cool points for any self-praise/thumbs up signals after you have burpee-d. No wearing gym-gear. Act casual and go straight back to acting casual after the event. There has to be people around you. Keep it unstaged. The only person who should know about it is the person videoing you.

Hahaha Just saw this LOL love it
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I am freaking in this one!!!!

Love the idea I wish I did burpees more often but I just HATE burpees.. lol

Sounds like an awesome idea to get my lazy ass in gear

Question: They can be broken up throughout the day correct? Like say 5 sets of 20 in the span of 12 hours? Maybe I will start adding them back into my warm ups again
    Yup, break them up any which way you want. All at once, 1 every minute, sets of 5, whatever floats your boat. Glad to have you on board! ps. I hate them too..lol, but that's what makes a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I was reading over the 100 pullups thread, good read. I have 104 days to my goal August 1st, (if i have my math right) this does sound pretty neat, and I do enjoy burpees, I don't know if I can make it but that's what makes it a challenge right?
    Better than the pullup challenge because u don't need to find a bar

And if u can break it down to different set....

Aw hell...I'm gonna try....

this sunday right?
    Yup, this Sunday. Glad to have you along for the ride! Gonna be sweet.

If and when I do the pull up one again, I'm going to do it differently. Still 100 days, but broken into two 50 day segments. So on day 51 you actually start back at 1. I think this will help prevent CNS burnout and overuse injuries like I got. I suspect that when all is said and done that it would provide better results IMO.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Ought to be fun, I can probably survive this one
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I would love to join but I'm bulking and that would burn too many calories for me! LOL I think I'm just making excuses
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

I did a 100 day pull up challenge on here about this time last year. No real reason, just enjoy the challenge. It's a good way to stay fit and increase one's metabolic conditioning. So, I can count you in?
    Yeah man. I def. game.

RECOVERBRO

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Answers

Im in do them sometimes for part of my training.
    110 burbees in a little less then 15min so far.Not to bad.
    Think i shoot for burbee+chin-up to make it a challange.
    Might do this couple times a week.
    Im more in to conditioning then lifting now(kickboxing)
    Guy can only do so many box-jumps/hill sprints before death or boredom!!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Hmmmm. While I was looking forward to pullup challenge 2.0 (I'm ready this year!) this sounds like it's gonna be awesome. You can count me in.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

FYI, you guys better start with day 1. AND, once you're in you're better off doing working despite feeling bad, not in the mood etc. etc. I missed a day in the mid-60s or 70s in the pullup thread...that's 120-140 pullups in one day. Yeah. Don't miss any days.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Ought to be fun, I can probably survive this one
    Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I failed the pull up challenge at like day 73 or something. My shoulder injury actually took me out of lifting for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I would love to join but I'm bulking and that would burn too many calories for me! LOL I think I'm just making excuses
    Do you do any cardio at all while bulking? If so, just replace it with this I'm actually close to finishing up a bulk/strength regiment, looking to lean out a bit, so it should fit in well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    Im in do them sometimes for part of my training.
    110 burbees in a little less then 15min so far.Not to bad.
    Think i shoot for burbee+chin-up to make it a challange.
    Might do this couple times a week.
    Im more in to conditioning then lifting now(kickboxing)
    Guy can only do so many box-jumps/hill sprints before death or boredom!!
    Should be a good time!! More power to you if you work in burpee to chin ups. I am running the Tough Mudder at the end of May so this should help condition me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Hmmmm. While I was looking forward to pullup challenge 2.0 (I'm ready this year!) this sounds like it's gonna be awesome. You can count me in.
    No worries man, there will be a pull up challenge 2.0 coming up later this year. Perhaps around fall or so?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

No worries man, there will be a pull up challenge 2.0 coming up later this year. Perhaps around fall or so?
    I will begin practicing LOL
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

WHITE WHALE!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

4 days and counting till we kick this bad boy off. If you are down to get down with some burpees post in here and let it known.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

We should do some sort of penalty system for those who dont hit their 100 mark for the day
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  22. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I'd be down to a push up 1.0 challenge too
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

awwwww shiet... Ive been dreading that this day would come since CopyCat and I originally talked about the burpee challenge during the pull up challenge... BUT COUNT ME IN!

My family is going to think something is wrong with me when Im doing burpees in the mountains in TN when we go on vacation in 3 weeks... hahaha
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    We should do some sort of penalty system for those who dont hit their 100 mark for the day
    Well if you were to miss day 90 on day 91 you're doing 181 burpees. That's a pretty rough penalty if you ask me.
    WHITE WHALE!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    I'd be down to a push up 1.0 challenge too
    Well this one pretty much covers that since technically you should be doing a push up in the middle of the burpee.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    awwwww shiet... Ive been dreading that this day would come since CopyCat and I originally talked about the burpee challenge during the pull up challenge... BUT COUNT ME IN!

My family is going to think something is wrong with me when Im doing burpees in the mountains in TN when we go on vacation in 3 weeks... hahaha
    Haha, yeah I am going to be doing them while on vacation later in May as well. Sh*t on day 30 something I am going to be running the Tough Mudder in SoCal. I'm gonna have to fit some burpees somewhere during the 10 miles of mud n obstacles. You know, as if it wasn't tough enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Well if you were to miss day 90 on day 91 you're doing 181 burpees. That's a pretty rough penalty if you ask me.
    Definitely
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah that might get rough! I'm planning on doing the tough murder in July and the warrior dash in sept
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Oh shxt! I might be doing the murder on like day 90. Haha fml!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the invite, CC, but I'm training for a marathon so I've got to opt out But I'm looking forward to the videos!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Thanks for the invite, CC, but I'm training for a marathon so I've got to opt out But I'm looking forward to the videos!
    Which marathon? Good luck with it. I've ran the Marine Corps Marathon last two years in a row. What about your Beau? Think he'd be down for the challenge?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

i'm still thinking if i'm going to do this or not. I remember the pull ups...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i'm still thinking if i'm going to do this or not. I remember the pull ups...
    Whatever man, you are gonna do it.

Think of it this way... 100 push ups (which is prolly the biggest portion of the burpee) in a day. Is that so unfathomable? Now compare it to 100 pull ups... this sounds crazy. I don't think this one will be as bad as the pull up challenge.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Whatever man, you are gonna do it.

Think of it this way... 100 push ups (which is prolly the biggest portion of the burpee) in a day. Is that so unfathomable? Now compare it to 100 pull ups... this sounds crazy. I don't think this one will be as bad as the pull up challenge.
    haha ok i'm in. i do a lot of burpees at boxing/circuiting training anyway so some days will be easy!

YouTube - Fitness - Boot Camp Workout 1: Burpee's Exercise

i love her
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

haha ok i'm in. i do a lot of burpees at boxing/circuiting training anyway so some days will be easy!

YouTube - Fitness - Boot Camp Workout 1: Burpee's Exercise

i love her
    The ones from your workouts can count towards your days goal.

Yeah, I watch her stuff on youtube all the time at work..lol. You know she's a porn star right?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I'm down.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'm down.
    Sweet. Gonna be a good time.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Crazy challenge. Do not want lol
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

The ones from your workouts can count towards your days goal.

Yeah, I watch her stuff on youtube all the time at work..lol. You know she's a porn star right?
    bah it includes a press up. we dont do those kind at boxing lol.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Count me in!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Crazy challenge. Do not want lol
    lol

bah it includes a press up. we dont do those kind at boxing lol.
    What kind do you do with boxing

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBassGuy View Post
    Count me in!
    Welcome
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Don't forget to get your 1 burpee in tomorrow