StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -

Page 2 of 25 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    335 for 8 on BB rows? i feel like such a b!tch
    DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons

2. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    DUDE!! You lean mother fuc*er!!! I've eating a sh!t ton of tuna in an on going attempt to achieve abs like yours! Haha also putting in over time in the cardio dept. I eat healthy and clean but my appetite can not be controlled.

Anyway, who needs to row 335 when u could knock me out before I even have a chance to unholster my taser LOL I'm lucky all the fights I've been on duty are with drunks and their so easily over powered it's not even funny.

Brb... Signing up for boxing lessons
    hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you
    BJJ = life
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    hahaha i guess grass is always greener. i recommend Jiu jitsu for your specific purpose. the workouts are super intense and will help you get leaner, also you can really apply grappling at work against all kinds of people. your grip will get strong and with your strength you'll be able to take anyone down with proper technique. look up a brazilian jiu jitsu school around you
    BJJ here I come! Sounds like it beats putting in over time on the stair master... Even tho I always have a nice view haha ! and eating this damn tuna!!!

4. yeahhh bjj will get you lean and super mean
    BJJ = life

5. Shoulders 02/05
    DB shoulder press
    80-12
    90-10
    100-8
    100-8

Smith M Military press
    225-10
    225-10
    225- 12 > I have no clue where those last two reps came from haha

Behind the next Bb press
    135-15
    185-8 drop 135 7

For every set of shoulder press I did one set of dumbbell shrugs.

DB laterals
    25-15
    30-12
    35-10
    30-10

At this time i kinda just went off on a rampage and did a ton of super sets with cables...

30 mins stair master - lots of sweat! Plained on doing an hour but I left my work cloths at home...

•   

6. In for the win! The training is looking beastly!

7. Nice lifts. You are one strong guy. I will be watching this one.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!

8. I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday but they're sore so it must have been a good one

Legs 2/6
    Legs
    Front squats
    135-15
    135-15
    225-12
    315-10
    365-6
    365-6
    315-8
    315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
    8 plates-12
    12 plates-10
    16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
    10 plates-10/10-10
    10plates-10/16-8
    8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
    5plates-15
    6plates-12
    5plates-14
    5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
    Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I forgot to log my arm workout on Sunday but they're sore so it must have been a good one

Legs 2/6
    Legs
    Front squats
    135-15
    135-15
    225-12
    315-10
    365-6
    365-6
    315-8
    315-7

Hack squats (plates means total # of 45lb plates)
    8 plates-12
    12 plates-10
    16 plates-5

Hack squat superset leg press
    10 plates-10/10-10
    10plates-10/16-8
    8plates-10 plus 2 negatives / 16-8 drop 2 plates -5 drop 2 plates 5

One leg leg press
    5plates-15
    6plates-12
    5plates-14
    5plates-12

Burn out leg extensions
    Found a weight I could only do 15 reps with then took a 10 second break and repeated until I could only do 10 reps. Took only 4 sets lol

Did a total of 10 sets for calfs using the standing calf raise.

No extra hamstring work today... Not sure why, but I'll make up for it on back day.

This was a good leg day IMO it seems with the extra cardio I've been doing my legs look smaller haven't taken measurements tho..... See ya tomorrow for CHEST!!
    You are a front squat maching! Question for ya. Do you use a belt and knee wraps on these or what is your setup? Regardless, that is impressive as ****.

10. thats some beast squats bro. parallel or below?
    BJJ = life

11. I wear a belt at 225 and up knee wraps at 315 and higher.

I try to keep my hip parallel with my knee, but tend to go a little past. I used to only squat "ass in the grass" but that just hurt my knees... I have a video of me front squatting 365 for 8 but it's a year old. I'll try and get 405-5 and post it.

12. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I wear a belt at 225 and up knee wraps at 315 and higher.

I try to keep my hip parallel with my knee, but tend to go a little past. I used to only squat "ass in the grass" but that just hurt my knees... I have a video of me front squatting 365 for 8 but it's a year old. I'll try and get 405-5 and post it.
    Ok that makes me feel better. If you said no belt, no wraps on the fronts I was going to get a tattoo of you across my back. Yeah get a vid. I would like to see that!

13. Quote Originally Posted by jlinteris View Post
    Ok that makes me feel better. If you said no belt, no wraps on the fronts I was going to get a tattoo of you across my back. Yeah get a vid. I would like to see that!
    I'll see what I can do about the video. I guess I'll just have to do my front squats in a ski mask to cover my true identity!! LOL

My new front squat goal - 315 X 10 RAW so jlinteris can get my name tattooed on his back haha If you check out YouTube there's some dude with some pretty heavy front squats....

14. I'm interested.....I'll sub
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I'm interested.....I'll sub
    Thanks for joining brother! Sorry the logs a little rough... Still not used to keeping track of my workouts. Like i know what I do but I never write down and record my lifts.

16. 15 bucks?? Not bad right

17. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post

15 bucks?? Not bad right
    I know I'm the dumba$$ but I gotta ask what the EFFF is that thing for? Calf Massage?
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

18. Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I know I'm the dumba$$ but I gotta ask what the EFFF is that thing for? Calf Massage?
    I'm gonna roll on it and loosen up my hamstrings and hips.

19. By the way, subbed so I expect some awesome numbers like you are already doing! Those rollers are awesome. Hopefully it is really firm. They are painful to use but are worth every second you put into them for recovery.

20. Feel it and check how firm it is. They vary greatly between companies. I got one from ****s that I used to roll on and after about a month it has an imprint embedded on it from when I used to roll my IT band on. I got another one from ****s and have had it for a while and its way firmer and I like it WAAAY more. The first one I think was GOfit brand not sure the second one

The key here is trying to guage what level of firmness you need but 15 bux definetely isnt a bad price I think mines was $40 that I have currently. If thats all you can find then give it a shot and see how it feels, who knows it might be great! Worst case would be its too soft so then your out $15 which isnt really too much and you most likely can still use it for some areas still. I still have my first one.. its in my duffle bag and I roll on it at the BJJ or judo club
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

21. Yes the rolling is very firm!! I went to three stores but all the rolling were 30-50 bucks and not hard enough. We shall see how long it lasts with my 230 (and dropping) ases rolling on it. It's also very good for popping ribs back into place! That is worth BIG money IMO

22. LOL... all my friends frak out when the try it and feel their spine cracking.. I tell them it is my own personal chiropracter
    PESCIENCE.COM

23. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    LOL... all my friends frak out when the try it and feel their spine cracking.. I tell them it is my own personal chiropracter
    Lol I know right? It's a great tool, thanks again man!

24. check this one out..

Looks like it will hurt Oh so good...
    PESCIENCE.COM

25. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    check this one out..

Looks like it will hurt Oh so good...
    I gotta get me that!!! Lol I'm like obsessed with rolling on strange objects now... It's kinda weird

26. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I gotta get me that!!! Lol I'm like obsessed with rolling on strange objects now... It's kinda weird
    Isn't that blue condom a little too ribbed?

27. that blue thing is expensive isnt it?
    BJJ = life

28. Mine was only 15$ at super walmart... I didn't see the mid evil time looking foam roller tho lol!

29. 2/8 cardio

Did 10 mins on the elliptical but my legs were so freaking sore from squats I had to stop.

Treadmill

50 mins
    10 mins @ 6.5 mph
    10 mins 15%incline 4.2mph
    10 sets of 1 mins sprints @8.5-9 mph walk 1 mins @4 totaling 20 mins
    10 min run @6

Foam rolling and stretching after

Doing cardio after leg day.. Does it slow down recovery??

30. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    2/8 cardio

Did 10 mins on the elliptical but my legs were so freaking sore from squats I had to stop.

Treadmill

50 mins
    10 mins @ 6.5 mph
    10 mins 15%incline 4.2mph
    10 sets of 1 mins sprints @8.5-9 mph walk 1 mins @4 totaling 20 mins
    10 min run @6

Foam rolling and stretching after

Doing cardio after leg day.. Does it slow down recovery??
    nah if anything it could be considered "active rest". getting some blood flow in the sore areas will definitely help recovery. ive also read suggestions to even lift very lightly, not to failure, to speed up recovery.
    BJJ = life
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thanks Iron Addict
    By logan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 08:34 AM
  2. Iron Addict Training update: HUGE PROBLEM!
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 11:52 PM
  3. Iron Addict...HIT training while "ON"??
    By wardog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
  4. Iron Addict!
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 08:58 AM