A Squatter's Rites

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have the time or inclination currently to run a full-blown, daily-updated log. Disemboweling small rodents in the name of progress is time consuming.

Nonetheless, I miss having an outlet through which to relate my triumphs and misses. So, sporadically, i.e. as the fancy strikes me, I'll toss a status report in here and grace you all with a little glimpse of my unenviable existence. :32:

The Who:
246lb, ~10%, 385 Bench, 420 Squat, 545 Dead, 365 Front Squat, 255 Push Press, and just yesterday I overhead rack pressed 275.

The What:
IBE Epistane
LG M1D
CEL Cycle Assist
plus numerous other odds 'n' ends, but the cycle is the exciting part. It's my first venture into the PH realm, an attempt to nip (pun intended) recurring pubertal gyno in the bud. So far, it's working better than prescription AIs and SERMs.

Also, I've begun using myo-fascial release and implementing much more stretching. Boys, if you aren't doing this stuff, jump on it now - the difference it makes is substantial in both flexibility and recovery.

The How:
I'm using 5/3/1 on Mondays and Thursdays, and higher volume stuff on 2-3 other days of the week. I'm averaging each 45 sets per bodypart every 8 days, probably more than that for calves.

Overtraining? B.S. - If you train like everybody else, you're gonna look like everybody else.

Eating 3000-4000kcals/day. Being conservative in my eating, as I'd like to lean out while on cycle if possible.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, so consider this the first installment:
Last week Epi's been 50mg/day and M1D at 6caps/day. I'm up 3lb so far and not even eating for weight gain really - glycogen, it's a good thing.

Strength is up in some lifts, but my DL stays stubbornly stuck at 545. Posterior chain seems to be the weak link here, so I've begun doing some speed pulls and dimmel deads on a separate day. Also, I've bumped my Front Squats up to more of a GVT set-up, performing sets of 10 for as many sets as I can put up with.

Hit 115 for 20 on DB rows with pretty darn good form. Then turned around and hit 115s for 4 on seated db shoulder press.

There are tons of tiny guys at my gym that I consistently see doing the craziest, most nonsensical movements. If you weigh 160, you've got no reason to do javelin presses, or triple dropsetted ez-bar preachers with bands, or ballistic bench in the smith where you're dumb enough to actually launch the bar into the air and attempt to catch it.

You're small because you're a wuss who can't eat and is scared of pain, not because you just haven't yet found that special routine that'll "get you swole." You're even scared of my wife, and for good reason considering she can outlift you and doesn't need any freaking gimmicks.

Lol /rant

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in! Can't wait to watch this one develop. Give it hell Resolve!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Count me in bro!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Here and love the intro rant!!!!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anxious to see where this takes you big guy!!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hello friend! :) I'm following along! Maybe I should record you doing some of those awesome lifts for everyone to see?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here and love the intro rant!!!!!
I had to get it off my chest; if the basics can't work for ya, you're doing something wrong.

Welcome AG :)

Anxious to see where this takes you big guy!!
You and me both! And howdy!

Hello friend! :) I'm following along! Maybe I should record you doing some of those awesome lifts for everyone to see?
We'll pick a day where I'm feeling particularly dominant and go to town - downtown!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had to get it off my chest; if the basics can't work for ya, you're doing something wrong.

Welcome AG :)

You and me both! And howdy!

We'll pick a day where I'm feeling particularly dominant and go to town - downtown!
Downtown... down where the lights are bright?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome R!! Big props....

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lets see the beast in action. We need to hear you behind him telling him. "BELLY FULL!!!!"
So doing 10 lb curls in one hand and a triceps extension in the other while sitting in the lotus position on a balance ball won't get me HYYUUUGE like you???? Forget it I give up then. :stooges:

The way these guys look at you when you tell them to do dead lifts or squats it reminds me of the end of the scene here where he cuts himself and you hear the little bitch come out in the one guy. "I'm not doing thaaaat!!!"

Get in and kill it then get out. You want to get big do compound movements. You want to refine your largeness or target a specific area then isolate more.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lets see the beast in action. We need to hear you behind him telling him. "BELLY FULL!!!!"

So doing 10 lb curls in one hand and a triceps extension in the other while sitting in the lotus position on a balance ball won't get me HYYUUUGE like you???? Forget it I give up then. :stooges:

The way these guys look at you when you tell them to do dead lifts or squats it reminds me of the end of the scene here where he cuts himself and you hear the little bitch come out in the one guy. "I'm not doing thaaaat!!!"

Get in and kill it then get out. You want to get big do compound movements. You want to refine your largeness or target a specific area then isolate more.
LOL, I loved that movie! Haha, makes me laugh so hard watching that scene!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ed Helms is a ***** through that entire movie, right until the end. I felt so good for the guy when he stood up to his fiancee.

Anyhoo, this week is supposed to be deloading week, but deloading on cycle seems a bit of a waste, so I simply went for higher reps on my Squat day. Here's how it went down:

Squats: 135x10, 135x10, 225x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x8
Low Pin Squats: 315x12, 315x10, 315x8, 225x10

All squats were supersetted with Single Leg Donkey Calf raises for 10-12 reps, between 70 and 135lb.

Moved on to push press - maxed out on this at 255 last week, but had felt I could go higher, so thought I'd try again today. Worked up to 260, but failed the lockout on two attempts. Oh well, next time - still not bad considering I had no spotter.

Accessory work:
Tate Press for 5x5 with 55s
ss'd w/Goblet Squats for 5x10 with 55

Kneeling Single-Pulley Rope Exts for 5x10 with 90, followed by a dropset - 10lb increments to failure down to 40.

Single Leg Exts: 100 for 4x20, 20, 15, 15

Took me way too friggin' long to warm up for those squats. Ugh my hammies were really tight, even though I had stretched the day prior. All in all, 1.5hr lifting session. Little long for my liking.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the little things in life, guys. My wrist have been killing me during heavy presses recently, so I invested in some APT wraps. Got some 24" ZRVs and 12" Convicts - they arrived today and I feel like a little kid with a new toy - been wearing the cons just for the hell of it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe I'm expecting too much, but so far I'm rather nonplussed with the results I'm getting on cycle. No significant increase in strength, appetite is dead, libido is down and I'm lethargic. Only plus so far is I've been able to train longer than normal without feeling wiped out. Any gyno symptoms are suppressed.

From what I've read, I'd been expecting my poundages to skyrocket on Epi. BW suggests that it's because I'm already pretty strong, so an anabolic as "mild" as epi will have minimal impact there. Or perhaps I just need to jack the dose up due to my size.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Took about a week for it to kick in for me. Just keep pushing it.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm 315 on deload week?? You just made me LIMP.

LOL

Oh and for the record if I was 4 inches taller my lifts would be higher too ;)

Looks like you're gonna kill this bro. Oh.. And what advice bro?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
50 mgs a day... Well I didnt notice really any WEIGHT gain on epi, it dried me out and my strength is still through the roof.. But with you, I think you might either have to up the dose or just psych yourself out a little more. Perhaps add a little more weight and you'd be surprised with what you could do. I am on my last few days of 70mgs and loving it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took about a week for it to kick in for me. Just keep pushing it.
I'm actually mid-way through my 3rd week. I wasn't really planning to log this, but the urge just came over me.

Hmmmm 315 on deload week?? You just made me LIMP.

LOL

Oh and for the record if I was 4 inches taller my lifts would be higher too ;)

Looks like you're gonna kill this bro. Oh.. And what advice bro?
The recommendations/advice you gave back when I was debating whether or not to run this.

And yeah, height has it's advantages. But it also means that my 19" arms aren't nearly as impressive as they would be on a smaller guy.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually mid-way through my 3rd week. I wasn't really planning to log this, but the urge just came over me.

The recommendations/advice you gave back when I was debating whether or not to run this.

And yeah, height has it's advantages. But it also means that my 19" arms aren't nearly as impressive as they would be on a smaller guy.
So have you seen any size/strength gains at all?? And I know you don't believe in over training but... Are you getting enough rest? As soon as I backed off the SD i had to start resting a lot more

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I'm expecting too much, but so far I'm rather nonplussed with the results I'm getting on cycle. No significant increase in strength, appetite is dead, libido is down and I'm lethargic. Only plus so far is I've been able to train longer than normal without feeling wiped out. Any gyno symptoms are suppressed.

From what I've read, I'd been expecting my poundages to skyrocket on Epi. BW suggests that it's because I'm already pretty strong, so an anabolic as "mild" as epi will have minimal impact there. Or perhaps I just need to jack the dose up due to my size.
If my memory serves me right, the kick should be coming on now. Epi and Hdrol are slow starters. I also think you could bump the dose up. What amount I do not know. I think GMG has some experience with this compound. Your size definitely has a factor in the dose amount big guy!!:box:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So have you seen any size/strength gains at all?? And I know you don't believe in over training but... Are you getting enough rest? As soon as I backed off the SD i had to start resting a lot more
Weight has fluctuated by ~5lb from day to day. Yesterday I actually weighed in at 242, which is 1lb down from my starting point.

I'm cheating fairly regularly just to get the cals in - for example I just had a power bar and several ounces of beef jerky in addition to the rest of my meals.

Strength-wise, I have seen nothing that I can attribute to the PHs. I have been progressing slowly and steadily at the same rate that I had before the cycle.

I'm getting 10hrs of sleep a night, and know my body well enough to spot signs of when I need to back off. My recovery feels fine.

If my memory serves me right, the kick should be coming on now. Epi and Hdrol are slow starters. I also think you could bump the dose up. What amount I do not know. I think GMG has some experience with this compound. Your size definitely has a factor in the dose amount big guy!!:box:
I hope you are right, sir! I wanna start tearing stuff apart! I was expecting this to be like the first time I use T-911, when on the very first day I broke a DL PR by about 80lbs. I'll hit up GMG.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The weight fluctuation could easily be water retention.. things like jerky are very high in sodium and when I eat sodium my weight is all over the place. What i tend to do now is weigh myself ONLY in the morning after my "bathroom visit" and before I eat my first meal.

And I think AZ is spot on... I have also read that Epi is a slow starter, heck when I dropped the SD I was going into my third week of Epi.

What about bf? Are you losing any fat? Do you see any recomp effect during your cycle?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The weight fluctuation could easily be water retention.. things like jerky are very high in sodium and when I eat sodium my weight is all over the place. What i tend to do now is weigh myself ONLY in the morning after my "bathroom visit" and before I eat my first meal.

And I think AZ is spot on... I have also read that Epi is a slow starter, heck when I dropped the SD I was going into my third week of Epi.

What about bf? Are you losing any fat? Do you see any recomp effect during your cycle?
Oh yeah, I'm sure the weight fluctuation is water retention/food in my gut. When all-out bulking I can easily gain/lose 10lb in a day.

Like you, I only weight myself in the morning, after the "download." :D

My wife says I'm looking leaner. I'll have to get some pics posted up.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, I'm sure the weight fluctuation is water retention/food in my gut. When all-out bulking I can easily gain/lose 10lb in a day.

Like you, I only weight myself in the morning, after the "download." :D

My wife says I'm looking leaner. I'll have to get some pics posted up.
You may be recomping... Which is nothign to complain about. LOL.... 10 lbs in a day (DAYUM that's a bigggg floater! lol)

Tell your wifey you need a libido check sir!

Cupofmoto

Cupofmoto

Awards
It's my first venture into the PH realm, an attempt to nip (pun intended) recurring pubertal gyno in the bud. So far, it's working better than prescription AIs and SERMs.
How'd it go with the gyno? I have some too (natural, not drug related) and was wondering what the effects would be with this.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How'd it go with the gyno? I have some too (natural, not drug related) and was wondering what the effects would be with this.
Well, Epi has the anecdotal reputation of helping to stop gyno. I've heard in some cases of it reversing it as well, though that seems less common and makes less sense biochemically to me.

In my case, so far symptoms have abated a good deal. Much less sensitivity, pain is entirely gone, and the swelling I had under my arm has diminished as well. Symptoms aren't entirely gone, but the cycles not over and I've got PCT with arimidex and tamoxifen to go still too.

I'd say hit up an endocrinologist first, see if they can't help you, and then, if what they can offer doesn't cut it, sure, give Epistane a try.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

First off, 50mg to start was WAY too high for your first cycle, regardless of your size.

Second, IBE Epi is garbage; at least the recent batches.

Third, Epi doesn't really kick in until week 3-4 for most people, which is why most, including myself, choose to run it for 6 weeks. I saw NOTHING other than increased muscle fullness until Week 3, then strength shot way up.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, 50mg to start was WAY too high for your first cycle, regardless of your size.

Second, IBE Epi is garbage; at least the recent batches.

Third, Epi doesn't really kick in until week 3-4 for most people, which is why most, including myself, choose to run it for 6 weeks. I saw NOTHING other than increased muscle fullness until Week 3, then strength shot way up.
I started at 30mg and ramped up to hit 50 at the end of my second week. I wasn't about to start my first PH run with a higher than normal dose with no knowledge of how it would affect me.

I am unconvinced concerning the issues surrounding IBE. Plus, I get the stuff for free - BW's a rep for them, man, of course it's what I'm going to use.

The consensus is that it is a late starter, and I'm in this for the long run, so we'll see what happens.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took it about 3 years back with Furazadrol and it may have been the 3rd week but my bench just shot up that week. I stopped it early due to severe calve / back cramping and it was harder to breathe but by the time I stopped I had put on like 70 lbs on my bench in about 4 weeks. I hear that is pretty big jump for those compounds, I don't know that was the first and last time I messed with a PS.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am unconvinced concerning the issues surrounding IBE. Plus, I get the stuff for free - BW's a rep for them, man, of course it's what I'm going to use.
Listen, I'm not one to argue free; it's my favorite price. But if there is any good evidence that points towards a product I'm considering using as being anything more than what it's assumed to be, just because it's free v. $30, I'm going to spend the $30. It's my health after all, and $30 is a small price for that.

I'm obviously only concerned about this aspect due to our friendship, and would not be so inclined to argue its possibility with someone I cared little about.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Listen, I'm not one to argue free; it's my favorite price. But if there is any good evidence that points towards a product I'm considering using as being anything more than what it's assumed to be, just because it's free v. $30, I'm going to spend the $30. It's my health after all, and $30 is a small price for that.

I'm obviously only concerned about this aspect due to our friendship, and would not be so inclined to argue its possibility with someone I cared little about.
Sure man, I understand where you're coming from - I'm not mad or anything and you know I appreciate your input. Shoot man, you pretty much laid out this cycle for me.

But I've read the threads in question, have something of an "inside" view as to what's going on with IBE, and made a decision that I'm willing to stand by.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you guys haven't seen it, there is an awesome deal on an ASGT/BC+EAA stack on a certain deal site. I'm grabbin' a couple since I go through BC+EAAs like water (15-20 scoops per workout). Won't be using ASGT until PCT, but I have NO problem stocking up on that good stuff!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you guys haven't seen it, there is an awesome deal on an ASGT/BC+EAA stack on a certain deal site. I'm grabbin' a couple since I go through BC+EAAs like water (15-20 scoops per workout). Won't be using ASGT until PCT, but I have NO problem stocking up on that good stuff!
Woah!

Has BW given you any of that mood enhancing stuff yet? I'm intrigued. I'm also probably going to pickup some Focus XT.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
LOL I cheated the other day when I didnt get enough sleep and I took 2 scoops of ASGT pre workout... Man I was going hard at the gym that day :)

Hey LG I'm trying to get a couple buddies of mine to stock their stores with ASGT i told them it'd blow right off their shelves

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL I cheated the other day when I didnt get enough sleep and I took 2 scoops of ASGT pre workout... Man I was going hard at the gym that day :)

Hey LG I'm trying to get a couple buddies of mine to stock their stores with ASGT i told them it'd blow right off their shelves
The efficacy and affordability is what did it for me - for twenty-odd bucks it does more than get the job done, it makes me battle ready.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The efficacy and affordability is what did it for me - for twenty-odd bucks it does more than get the job done.
Yeah for me too. I'll say it again the taste.. IM NOT CRAZY ABOUT lol.. thats putting it nicely but the 2 seconds that the taste is left in my mouth is worth a whole workouts worth of focus and energy. I dont get GI problems from it, I dont get jittery, I don't crash and it's all just smooth. I even mixed in a bit of orange juice with it once and it made it so much better. LOL little simple sugar and some ASGT yum

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, yesterday was my birthday, so as could be expected, BW and I partied all weekend long. It was hard to avoid alcohol, but a nice break to dive into some "less-than-optimum" food.

I received some very nice gifts - some of which were much needed, like my new phone and sunglasses.

And, with all the pigging out, my own prophecy was self-fulfilled. I had mentioned how when all-out bulking I can gain or lose 10lb overnight; well this morning I weighed in at 253?! That's a lot of pizza, cake and ice cream. And I'm not even sorry. :D

My birthday and christmas are pretty much the only 2 days of the year that I eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

But, considering this is a workout log, perhaps I should give a brief overview on how lifting went during last week - my deloading week.

These are only the highest load sets and major lifts.

Wed: Deads hit 405x8, Bench hit 315x7, Chins hit +90x8, Preachers 135x6
Thurs: Front Squats hit 225x10, Rack Press 225x5, JM Press 155x5 (Still learning the JM Press, so I'm keeping load light for now)
Fri: Inc DB Press 105s x10, Inc Curls 65s x8, Tons of bodyweight pull-ups, Pullovers 100x10
Sat: Leg Press 630x15, One leg ext 115x15

I've got back squats and Push Press this afternoon. I'll update after that too.