Recomp Time, could use some help

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I have about 8 weeks left on 750mg of test a week and i'm going to recomp on this last part of my cycle.

Diet: I've been eating 4000+ calories (with minimal cardio)for a while now but been gaining a lot of size on that so i'm going to drop to about 3000-3300 (270protein/60fat/300 carbs) calories a day adding in cardio. I'll see how that goes after a week then adjust accordingly. My stats are 6'0'' 240lbs about 14.5% bf.

Training: I'm currently doing a push/pull/leg/rest/repeat split. Since I'm adding in cardio, reducing calories, and not trying to pack on muscle like i was before, do you think I should change up my split to something like one bodypart per workout, so each workout will be shorter and less volume and I can add about 20-30 minutes of medium intensity cardio after my workouts, and 45min-1hr cardio on rest days.

My Goals for the end of this cycle would be to drop 5lbs down to about 235, gain a bit of muscle, at a minmum retain my strength and shed some bodyfat.

I thinking of adding in BCAA's before workouts and during longer intensity cario sessions. Also going to add in a mild dose of t3 50mcg is the plan right now after a week or two.

Any imput would be awesome! I've never done a recomp before, i would appreciate any help

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
bump...it seems that if you dont talk about "designer steroids" your posts dont get answered here.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
I wouldn't change your split. I find more fat is burned the more muscle used per workout. Try using short rest periods but heavy weight, with complexes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Adding cardio and reducing your kcal consumption by 10% is always the place to start. The test will keep you anabolic and help out the recomp.