Need advice on 6-7 meals a day

CREAO

Awards
Alright, im halfway through "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle" Ebook, and my diet has been way off recently. I have always gotten away with around 4 meals a day totaling around 3000 calories and stayed lean without putting on muscle or fat. But just recently I was diagnosed with Hypothryroidism and I want to start upping my caloric intake to help put on some muscle but burn *minimal fat* lol.

Now from what I got from the book is to eat around 7 meals a day every 2 hours to help kickstart your metabolism and put on some LBM.

My question is this...should I divide my total caloric intake by 7 (im gunning for about 4000 cal) and eat 550-600 calories a meal...or say have a 800-1000 cal breakfast, lunch and dinner and 300-400 cal snacks?

And my stats are 189 6'1 and id say 13% BF

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Keep it as even as possible, your body likes consistancy, eating at the same times, getting up and going to sleep at the same times, makes your body happy, but this isn't always possible. The best answer about meals i can give you is the more meals you eat the better absortion you'll have of all the nutrients, so this means more muscle and less fat. Yes it will make your body more efficent and therefore boost your metabolism, so all you'll have to do is eat more calories, but increase them slowly, you don't wanna pack on unwanted fat. You wanna find your "sweet spot" where your gaining muscle with SOME fat, but not much.

BodyImage

Awards
Calculate your metabolism and then multiple that number by 1.25 if you workout 2x a week, 1.5 if you workout 3-4x and 1.75 if you workout 5-6x. This will give you the amount of calories you burn daily. From there adjust your calorie input. If you don't know how to calculate your metabolism you can go to trainersbible.com and they have tools that you can use.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calculate your metabolism and then multiple that number by 1.25 if you workout 2x a week, 1.5 if you workout 3-4x and 1.75 if you workout 5-6x. This will give you the amount of calories you burn daily. From there adjust your calorie input. If you don't know how to calculate your metabolism you can go to trainersbible.com and they have tools that you can use.
Using your BMR and the Harris Benedict are great starting points, but they are just that. Calculate those, but use them as a base for your own perfect number. I say this b/c according to my BMR and Harris Benedict I only need 3100 kcals daily, but in reality I am eating 4000-4200 kcals daily to gain at a steady rate.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat on a regular basis every 2-3 hours. But I adjust calories. I also use fitday and add in my daily activities because say on MMA night where we are doing hard sparring i can burn and extra 800-1200 calories so of course I will have to make those up but on a rest day I can eat less. I usually just shoot for a set amount above maintenance instead of a set number each day.