Put together a diet plan, Critique?

jaga1a2

Awards
Background:
165 lb. male, age 20
Lots of body fat, mainly on stomach, some on chest, some under triceps, love handles -> the works.

Looking to cut the fat this summer, and add some muscle.

2 glasses water
+Probably need to eat something else for breakfast,
not a big fan of egg whites, but will eat hardboiled eggs
Suggestion?

Lowfat Cottage Cheese (not sure how much to eat) 1/2 cup is:
90 calories
2g fat
12g protein
2 glasses water

Skinless chicken breasts
Tyson Brand
4oz = 1 serving
110 calories
1.5g fat
24g Protein
2 glasses water
Steamed veggies (beans, carrots)

Could someone reccommend how much to eat?

Some type of Shake
Reccommendations?

ISOLATE
Human Development Technologies Pro Blend-55 - Swiss Chocolate
2 Scoops
270 calories
7 gcarbs
55g protein

Need Suggestions

Skinless Chicken
Veggies
Which Type?
How much?

2 glasses water

Open to suggestions?

Cottage Cheese

Exercise plan
Cardio 5 days a week -> 30 minutes running
Lifting Upper body

Thanks a ton for suggestions. Feel free to add, subtract, anything. If you add anything, could you please provide a Brand name so I can look up nutrition facts? (I'd like to total everything up to see how it looks)

THANKS!!!!!

Spartan117

Awards
Instead of the instant baked apple oats just use old fashion oats, I mix with cinnamon and splenda. I eat at least a cup a day of 0 fat cottage cheese. I'm sure some people would tell you to eat more veggies(salad at meal 3). I personally would not eat the pasta as my last meal. I usually eat one of my servings of cottage cheese plus some other protein. Go to fitday.com ( I think) and plug in your menu and get a ratio breakdown. Record your menu daily...you'll become alot more concientous of what u eat. Alot of people here recommend 40-40-20 macro breakdown. Do a lot of diet searching and also on the lifting part...work your legs. I don't really understand why you would only lift upper body. Anyways hope that helps.

jaga1a2

Awards
Ok - so I edited out the Barilla Omega 3 Pasta and substitued cottage cheese as the last meal of my day.

Should I put the pasta somewhere else?

Can someone recommend a shake to use? Should I even be using a shake? MR or Isolate?

Any good dinner choices? Not sure I want to eat skinless chicken for lunch and dinner (meal 3 and 5) every day.
Maybe put the Barilla Omega 3 Pasta there instead?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
just responded to this question in your other thread

jaga1a2

Awards
a

I will probably need to add another meal.

Does ordering of meals matter?

I can eat meal 1 at the same time everyday

Some days I will work 7a - 3p
Others I will work 3p - 9p

No microwave at work. Do have a fridge.

I figure I can eat the w/w bread, oats (can you just eat oats plain? I don't care if its bland as hell), celery, carrots, protein shake.

Oh well, I'll figure that out after I get my diet to the point where you guys think it will be ok :D

Spartan117

Awards
Ok - so I edited out the Barilla Omega 3 Pasta and substitued cottage cheese as the last meal of my day.

Should I put the pasta somewhere else?

Can someone recommend a shake to use? Should I even be using a shake? MR or Isolate?

Any good dinner choices? Not sure I want to eat skinless chicken for lunch and dinner (meal 3 and 5) every day.
Maybe put the Barilla Omega 3 Pasta there instead?
You could move the chicken to dinner and eat a can of tuna for lunch. You could also move the pasta to earlier in the day. WHen will u be working out? Eat some carbs after your workout. You'll have to just get to know your body. I could tell you to use a 40/40/20 split w/3000 calories, but what you may really need is a 45/35/20 split w/3500 cals.