Poll: casein while cutting?

casein while cutting?

  1. casein while cutting?


    What do you guys think about casein at night while cutting?

    PS- I'm a meso-endo, so im more concerned with cutting fat then saving muscle.


  2. I'm curious about that too.

  3. if your talking shake i'd say no. while cutting IMO its best to limit your shakes to post workout whenever possible. i'm also meso-endo and have some cottage cheese w/flax pre bed.
    •   
       


  4. What's the logic behind that if you don't mind me asking?

  5. I eat cottage cheese before bed while bulking and cutting, just smaller serving while on a cut and less fruit topping. (fat free instead of low fat as well) I even get up in the middle of the night and eat something while dieting. I figure it is better to keep my metabolism out of a fasting state as much as possible. Don't know if that helps or not but I have no problems steadily losing weight this way. FWIW.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cgcrz8
    What's the logic behind that if you don't mind me asking?
    keeps insulin low and steady in most and eating solids has a higher thermo effect than shakes.

  7. Can an admin put this in the CUTTING forum, Im an idiot.

  8. Idiot one day genious the next, which is it? JK
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Idiot one day genious the next, which is it? JK

    View me as... a cheetah.


    I can be fast/genious, but I need a good ammount of down time

  10. You're a self-proclaimed genius right? Figure it out?

    Now, from a real one to a wanna-be, I'd say this: why not?

    edit: Okay, tanget time IMO, there is statistical genius (above 98 percentile) and true genius. Statistically, you just got a fancy name for being approximately two standard deviations above the mean in a standard normal distribution (bell curve) of a standardized intelligence test.

    In other words...its no big deal...really. Even IF you're genius (which nobody else who holds the same title brags about around here), you're still one of 6 million here in the US alone!

    If you're a genius among genius' (in other words, if you made bell curve of only the genius population, they'd be in the upper 2 percentile of genius') AND making a difference in the world, THEN you have the right to brag. But, even then, it would be much more appropriate to show a shred of humility. Don't forget, you can / will be outperformed be average joes all the time who are "genius' of hard work" You never see guys like Einstein talking about how much they know, but rather how much they have to learn and how much they "don't know".

  11. As Socrates said, "All I know is that I don't know..." Wait, that was Operation Ivy paraphrasing Socrates

  12. I see absolutely no problem with Casein right before bed during a cut. Casein by nature will provide a very slow and steady release and stop the catabolism what would happen, especially during a cut. There isn't that high of an insulin spike as most pure micellar casein powders are relatively low in sugar.

    I use Casein during bulks and cuts.

  13. I would only before bed and make sure it is sugar free and fat free. Because of the slow release that it gives all night.

  14. Most definitely!! We work way too hard for those lbs of muscle to let them get catabolized (is that a word?!!) during the night. Casein will help provide protein to feed muscle through the night and minimize catabolic processes. I definitely use it as a protein shake or from cottage cheese during bulking and cutting. I prefer the shake during serious cutting though to avoid dairy sugars that are in cottage cheese.

  15. I think half the stuff posted on this board makes me giggle
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  16. Yes, more important than while bulking imo.

  17. Well are there any other food beside cottage cheese thats high in casein? Im going to be starting my cutting very soon, but i've cant stand cottage cheese. I try my hardest to gulp it down but its the texture that makes me gag.

  18. Try mixing it with low carb yogurt, almonds, and add splenda. Maybe add some olive oil too. Also, looked for the whipped kind. Much better texture.

  19. or...... you can just buy Micellar Casein protein powder.

  20. You bet, AllTheWhey has some great pricing on bulk casein.

  21. the less frequently you eat, the more useful casien is while cutting. Alternatively, whole food protein (i.e. meat and eggs) mixed in with some fiberous veggies or beans will also work just as well.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BBAddict
    Most definitely!! We work way too hard for those lbs of muscle to let them get catabolized (is that a word?!!) during the night. Casein will help provide protein to feed muscle through the night and minimize catabolic processes. I definitely use it as a protein shake or from cottage cheese during bulking and cutting. I prefer the shake during serious cutting though to avoid dairy sugars that are in cottage cheese.
    Dead on! I'am an endomorph and just got down to 9% bf. I used a combo of egg and casein before bed. If it wasn't for this I think I would have lost a lot of muscle. I highly recomend it from my experience.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    You're a self-proclaimed genius right? Figure it out?

    Now, from a real one to a wanna-be, I'd say this: why not?

    edit: Okay, tanget time IMO, there is statistical genius (above 98 percentile) and true genius. Statistically, you just got a fancy name for being approximately two standard deviations above the mean in a standard normal distribution (bell curve) of a standardized intelligence test.

    In other words...its no big deal...really. Even IF you're genius (which nobody else who holds the same title brags about around here), you're still one of 6 million here in the US alone!

    If you're a genius among genius' (in other words, if you made bell curve of only the genius population, they'd be in the upper 2 percentile of genius') AND making a difference in the world, THEN you have the right to brag. But, even then, it would be much more appropriate to show a shred of humility. Don't forget, you can / will be outperformed be average joes all the time who are "genius' of hard work" You never see guys like Einstein talking about how much they know, but rather how much they have to learn and how much they "don't know".
    Hey Genius.....What's a 'tanget'?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    Hey Genius.....What's a 'tanget'?
    That would be George Hamilton


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    That would be George Hamilton


    CROWLER


    I'm curious if ANYBODY ELSE will actually get that....

  26. very interesting thread, some good points, i'm finally learning to keep my metabolism going besides reliying on working out to cut the weight.

    and sorry i don't get the george hamilton, i'm thinking star wars for some reason.

  27. I have had great results using Casein at night time when cutting, i usally make a shake 4 or 5 nights a week, the other 2 or 3 i will eat cottage cheese, and a small portion of salmon just to switch it up a bit.

  28. Casein is great for all seasons. Cutting or not.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    Hey Genius.....What's a 'tanget'?
    haha!!

  30. i dont think it matters, cut or bulk. It is protein and will help you stay anticatabolic at night.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 6-OXO or Nolva while cutting?
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
  2. V-12 while cutting for photo shoot?
    By JWest0926 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 07:09 PM
  3. HST while cutting?
    By goin_big in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 01:30 AM
  4. diet help while cutting with 1-test
    By RAEKWON201 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 03:33 PM
  5. anti e's while cutting
    By primal1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Log in
Log in