Votes: 90 93.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about casein at night while cutting?

PS- I'm a meso-endo, so im more concerned with cutting fat then saving muscle.

llb4

Awards
if your talking shake i'd say no. while cutting IMO its best to limit your shakes to post workout whenever possible. i'm also meso-endo and have some cottage cheese w/flax pre bed.

cgcrz8

Awards
What's the logic behind that if you don't mind me asking?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I eat cottage cheese before bed while bulking and cutting, just smaller serving while on a cut and less fruit topping. (fat free instead of low fat as well) I even get up in the middle of the night and eat something while dieting. I figure it is better to keep my metabolism out of a fasting state as much as possible. Don't know if that helps or not but I have no problems steadily losing weight this way. FWIW.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Can an admin put this in the CUTTING forum, Im an idiot.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Idiot one day genious the next, which is it? JK :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You're a self-proclaimed genius right? Figure it out? :rofl:

Now, from a real one to a wanna-be, I'd say this: why not? ;)

edit: Okay, tanget time :) IMO, there is statistical genius (above 98 percentile) and true genius. Statistically, you just got a fancy name for being approximately two standard deviations above the mean in a standard normal distribution (bell curve) of a standardized intelligence test.

In other words...its no big deal...really. Even IF you're genius (which nobody else who holds the same title brags about around here), you're still one of 6 million here in the US alone!

If you're a genius among genius' (in other words, if you made bell curve of only the genius population, they'd be in the upper 2 percentile of genius') AND making a difference in the world, THEN you have the right to brag. But, even then, it would be much more appropriate to show a shred of humility. Don't forget, you can / will be outperformed be average joes all the time who are "genius' of hard work" ;) You never see guys like Einstein talking about how much they know, but rather how much they have to learn and how much they "don't know".

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
As Socrates said, "All I know is that I don't know..." Wait, that was Operation Ivy paraphrasing Socrates :D

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I see absolutely no problem with Casein right before bed during a cut. Casein by nature will provide a very slow and steady release and stop the catabolism what would happen, especially during a cut. There isn't that high of an insulin spike as most pure micellar casein powders are relatively low in sugar.

I use Casein during bulks and cuts.

KCWOO

Awards
I would only before bed and make sure it is sugar free and fat free. Because of the slow release that it gives all night.

BBAddict

Awards
Most definitely!! We work way too hard for those lbs of muscle to let them get catabolized (is that a word?!!) during the night. Casein will help provide protein to feed muscle through the night and minimize catabolic processes. I definitely use it as a protein shake or from cottage cheese during bulking and cutting. I prefer the shake during serious cutting though to avoid dairy sugars that are in cottage cheese.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I think half the stuff posted on this board makes me giggle

BLsGalant97

Awards
Well are there any other food beside cottage cheese thats high in casein? Im going to be starting my cutting very soon, but i've cant stand cottage cheese. I try my hardest to gulp it down but its the texture that makes me gag. :blink:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing it with low carb yogurt, almonds, and add splenda. Maybe add some olive oil too. Also, looked for the whipped kind. Much better texture.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
or...... you can just buy Micellar Casein protein powder.

PJL

Awards
You bet, AllTheWhey has some great pricing on bulk casein.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
the less frequently you eat, the more useful casien is while cutting. Alternatively, whole food protein (i.e. meat and eggs) mixed in with some fiberous veggies or beans will also work just as well.

Lanceromance

Awards
Most definitely!! We work way too hard for those lbs of muscle to let them get catabolized (is that a word?!!) during the night. Casein will help provide protein to feed muscle through the night and minimize catabolic processes. I definitely use it as a protein shake or from cottage cheese during bulking and cutting. I prefer the shake during serious cutting though to avoid dairy sugars that are in cottage cheese.
Dead on! I'am an endomorph and just got down to 9% bf. I used a combo of egg and casein before bed. If it wasn't for this I think I would have lost a lot of muscle. I highly recomend it from my experience.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
You're a self-proclaimed genius right? Figure it out? :rofl:

Now, from a real one to a wanna-be, I'd say this: why not? ;)

edit: Okay, tanget time :) IMO, there is statistical genius (above 98 percentile) and true genius. Statistically, you just got a fancy name for being approximately two standard deviations above the mean in a standard normal distribution (bell curve) of a standardized intelligence test.

In other words...its no big deal...really. Even IF you're genius (which nobody else who holds the same title brags about around here), you're still one of 6 million here in the US alone!

If you're a genius among genius' (in other words, if you made bell curve of only the genius population, they'd be in the upper 2 percentile of genius') AND making a difference in the world, THEN you have the right to brag. But, even then, it would be much more appropriate to show a shred of humility. Don't forget, you can / will be outperformed be average joes all the time who are "genius' of hard work" ;) You never see guys like Einstein talking about how much they know, but rather how much they have to learn and how much they "don't know".
Hey Genius.....What's a 'tanget'? ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
very interesting thread, some good points, i'm finally learning to keep my metabolism going besides reliying on working out to cut the weight.

and sorry i don't get the george hamilton, i'm thinking star wars for some reason.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I have had great results using Casein at night time when cutting, i usally make a shake 4 or 5 nights a week, the other 2 or 3 i will eat cottage cheese, and a small portion of salmon just to switch it up a bit.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Casein is great for all seasons. Cutting or not.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think it matters, cut or bulk. It is protein and will help you stay anticatabolic at night.