Step By Step Keto Diet Plan! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

So, if it's the caffeine, that mean stims could kick people out of keto? Dang that would suck.

And thanks for the info, guess I'll have another carb control tortilla

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am basically on an IV of caffeine all day usually, probably doesn't have an effect on me insulin wise since I am so used to it. I'll have to pull out the ketostix to make sure though...but damn. I dunno what the alternatives would be... Geranium Extract+Sulbutiamine+PEA maybe
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

How regularly do you drink coffee? I have a friend on this board, he drinks black coffee, blacker than the blackest black, he might as well be eating the coffee beans, and he stays in ketosis no problem.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I have four a day, but they are also super black. My first cup of coffee in the morning has about 6 cups worth of coffee in it, then I have a few energy drinks in between my coffees. Sometimes Endorush sometimes low-carb monster, and other times redline extreme...I'm liking the noot filled drinks with high caffeine content now, especially with some PEA thrown in.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I have four a day, but they are also super black. My first cup of coffee in the morning has about 6 cups worth of coffee in it, then I have a few energy drinks in between my coffees. Sometimes Endorush sometimes low-carb monster, and other times redline extreme...I'm liking the noot filled drinks with high caffeine content now, especially with some PEA thrown in.
    DANG, caffeine-man ^_^

Thomas, are the low-carb energy drinks OK? Like the low-carb monster he mentioned?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Ha I was about to say, I don't always drink it like this. I was burnt out for a while but now I'm back on it for a month and it's having a nice effect again. I can actually feel it after ages of it putting me to sleep.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Ok, I just checked with the stix for the first time since I started 2 weeks ago, and I tested positive for a moderate amount of ketones. Guess I'm safe with the caffeine

edit: I should probably state that I am taking na-rala daily too.. 3-4x pd, which I don't recommend since I almost passed out today after having about 400-500mgs. I don't know if this has an effect on any insulin spikes during my caffeine binges...probably does, or at least that's why I was taking it - to help curb any insulin activity from any carbs I may be getting in.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Grats

I wanna know about those frikkin lowcarb monsters now, lol. I'ma start drinking those if they are a go, I love those things.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I think they will still cause a little insulin spike because of the 6 grams of glucose. I was ok with them occassionally though. If in doubt, do what I do and take some na-rala beforehand lol..then test your ketones later that day
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

I think it's more of a person to person basis, your gonna have to take a shot at it and see how you react. How much caffeine do you regularly take in ShadowFury?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Psh, right now, none, other than what's in Leviathan Reloaded.

I'm not much of a coffee guy, more of the energy drink type
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I should probably clarify that I don't have a few energy drinks inbetween every coffee, I meant a few (2-3) spread out through the day when I am not drinking a coffee. Normally if I have 3 energy drinks, i won't have more than 2 coffees, and I don't have that ultra black one in the morning everyday.

I also don't drink heavy amounts everyday, that's a quick route to adrenal fatigue. I kinda cycle my heavy caffeine days. I don't want people to try this and end up with a heart attack or completely burnt out lol
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Well, I had my refeed last night, and I went crazy, lol. Almost threw up a couple times(was actually hoping to)because I ate so much crap. I crammed about 450 carbs into last night, between 6:30 and 1 AM. I felt like I gained 100 lbs too, lol. That was some crazy crap, ate pancakes, gatorade, more pancakes, muffins...dang.

But anyway, I have over 120 carbs left for today, is it fine if I eat them for breakfast/lunch, then have my workout around 12, and then just eat protein/low fats for tonight?
    I will be doing HIIT and then abs/legs, I screwed something up in my shoulder last night at work moving something, and now everytime I try to lift it up, it hurts like hell.
    I want to do a good workout today just incase I miscalculated carbs or anything, I don't feel like taking the chance ^_^
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

You'r probably alright anyway. When you do refeeds your body actually will still be using fat for energy during the refeed, the body will still be hording carbs for glycogen and as long as your not overeating fat and protein, the fat made from the extra carbs you take in is used as energy. You'll read a lot online about guys that eat up to 8000 calories even and not gain a pound of fat. At a lower body weight it's a different case, but you'r probably fine.

You should be more concerned about your shoulder than your diet, your diet sounds good.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply

I haven't been doing much upper body lately anyway, so my shoulder will be able to heal up pretty well before I am going to work it much again. Bball uses it, but it's not a lot, I'll just not do many crossovers or left handed layups for a little while.

Arg, I hate doing little-no lifting and all cardio <_< Is there anything specific I should be changing up? Like should refeeds be less because I'm not using as much glycogen from multiple muscles from upper and lower body, only from bottom?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

I would keep your refeeds to at least 24 hours worth until you are doing more working out for the body over all. Then you would shift back into low carb eating and back into training.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateGymMorons View Post
    the thyroid will mostly downregulate if calories get too low. You will need to incorportate some high calorie/high carb refeeds periodically. You can't stay low carb everyday. Your hormones will get jacked up and your muscles will always be flat. Also a high carb day or two can manipulate leptin levels and reduce cravings for the following week.

This is a good point.

I'm personally staying low carb for 4 weeks (alternating between lower cal and maintenance cal days), then doing 1 carb up day and then the velocity diet for 2 weeks. Going on vacation and then when I get back I'm going to be basically going on a CKD forever, I love the diet if I can get my refeeds right.

I'm using Now's Thyroid Energy daily to keep the thyroid supported and working right. I highly recommend this supp, it's great.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I'm starting my bulking on CKD tomorrow, it should be interesting

I'm gonna look into the Thyroid supp to add to my next order, thanks for the suggestion

Since I am going to start my bulk, should I up my cals 100, or 200-300 a day till I get to my goal cals? My maintenance is about 2200, and I'm doing around 1700 right now. So should I get all the way up to 2700, or is it fine if I just go up to around 2500? I want to be adding on muscle, but not a lot of fat.

I'll be eating more pecans(1g carbs non fiber per serving) and close to 150 cals I think, so that will be my easy way of getting up there ^_^
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I've been told to only move around in 500cal increments at a time. 100-300 cals is a very minor change. But 500 cals may effect you more so I would look into that.

I'm going to start high dosing b5 as well for the adrenals and take care of any acne. B5 is supposed to be great for helping to repair adrenals...great when you're on any stims.

I'm also trying to find more protein powders to try out for the velocity diet. I have tried all of Biotest's and still have some. I bought 1 UltraPeptide Chocolate Peanut Butter, trying to find a couple other brands to mix it up some, but a lot of them are too high in carbs for my liking. Taste is also important.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I added the Thyroid supp to my cart already ^_^
    I think you might like Poseidon Gutter, might wanna check that out, I love it

I'll go up to 2200 starting tomorrow then, and Monday will be up to about 2800. How am I supposed to guesstimate how many extra cals to add because of bball practice/lifting? :S
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yeah, poseidon's a staple of mine. Right now I'm using Swell, which has poseidon in it. I need to buy another container of poseidon though, going to need to down that stuff all day on the velocity diet, I want to prevent any cramping.

That's a good question about the cals, I dunno. I typically use the trial and error method hehe.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

^_^ Alright, guess I'll do that.

So far, I'm getting B/A,BCAAs, RPM, Thyroid Energy, and ATW Whey Cinna Bun. This should be fun
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yeah if you're not gaining any weight, best thing to do is add 500cals and then wait and see. Adding 250cals of evo in the am and 250 in pm is good, even doing a shot of straight evo in the evening or in a nighttime shake is a good way to increase cals slightly if you haven't been gaining.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

I'm going to be bulking in 8 weeks, 8-10 weeks.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Sample Diet?

Could anyone post a sample daily diet while on CKD? I'm starting to plan out a cut and this diet looks promising. I'm thinking a lot of eggs, cheese, fried chicken, and brisket with some isopure zerocarb thrown in for good measure. It would be helpful to see what others have done. Thanks.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

I'll give an example of today.

Close to half a pound of peanuts ~1000 calories
    .75 pounds of 80/20 ground beef ~800 calories
    2 eggs~160
    ricotta cheese~200
    Around 20 grams carbs from a desert filling I was making. 80 *shakes fist violently*
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    I'll give an example of today.

Close to half a pound of peanuts ~1000 calories
    .75 pounds of 80/20 ground beef ~800 calories
    2 eggs~160
    ricotta cheese~200
    Around 20 grams carbs from a desert filling I was making. 80 *shakes fist violently*
    Any secrets you got for yummy foods, I'm up for I am barely able to get to 2300 or so cals, and I need prolly 400-500 more, I've been making the protein brownies, PB, pecans, powder, and water, that's perty good, and gives me around 500 cals. I usually only have 1100 or so by the time I get home around 5:30

So many eggs are making me sick, so I'm going to eat a LOT of bacon for the cals.

Ayway, adn, usually your day starts off with eggs/bacon/cheese/green peppers(omellete or just scrambled or something) Lunch usually is sometimes more eggs(dif type of omellete) or beef(Thomas is a big fan of his hamburger ^_^) And dinner usually is the beef/chicken with usually a leafy veggie(not too much) or broccoli(yummay)

I personally have been staying away from making my chicken a main meal, because it's just not as filling because of the lack of fat, so try not to only have chicken for a meal if you don't wanna be starving in 4 hours, atleast that's how it is for me

Between meals, it's usually best to snack on peanuts, just to get some fiber(watch the carbs on things like cashews) and they just taste frikkin awesome. Watchout for PB too, it's usually not good to have more than a couple servings because it has I think 6g non-fiber carbs or so, which really adds up.
    I've found pecans have 1g non-fiber carbs per serving, just grab some roasted/salted and those things are so addicting...dang, I love em

Hopefully that helps out, just bug Thomas if you need something, he's our resident question answerer
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Yes I do love my hamburgers.

What I plan on making tonight or tommorow is garlic onion hamburgers. For the meat i'm just going to use a basic salt, pepper and red pepper flake seasoning. But in the meat i'm going to put small slices of onion and garlic, they keep the inside of the meat a little more moist and add a very good flavor to the burger.

What I used to make when I was using protein powders is this sort of pancake. I used eggs, heavy cream, a small amount of vanilla extract and a protein powder I liked, mixed it up. In a buttered pan I would put a thin layer, like a small pancake, wait for it to brown on one side and then flip it over.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Thanks Guys. I have a month or so before I start so I'll keep learning but this stuff is very helpful. The burgers with garlic and onion sound great.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Thanks Guys. I have a month or so before I start so I'll keep learning but this stuff is very helpful. The burgers with garlic and onion sound great.
    They are good. It's good to take time before you start out. If you have any questions, post them up on one of the keto posts here, you can ask me on my log if you'd like.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Well, I know this was asked somewhere before in this thread, but I don't think it was answered. I'm gonna switch back to a norm diet until I start cutting again, because eating so many cals in just eggs and nuts and meat is killin me, lol. I love my cereal, or oatmeal, or what sandwich, etc... So, my question is, how do I come off? I am ending my refeed when I go to bed in a lil while, and I'm not sure what to do now to come off, lol.

I am guessing I could just add 15 carbs a day or so till I am back to the norm split, but I'm just tryin to see for sure

CKD rocks btw, best diet EVER, but it is much better for cutting, and it takes patience
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

You could pretty much go into a normal diet from here.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Oh you serious? Sweet

Thanks Is the norm bloatedness from a refeed going to go away in a couple days?
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

It'll subside in a few days most likely maybe a day or two.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Ok, cool. I'll be buggin you again in a couple months when I start back on the CKD ^_^
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    Well, I know this was asked somewhere before in this thread, but I don't think it was answered. I'm gonna switch back to a norm diet until I start cutting again, because eating so many cals in just eggs and nuts and meat is killin me, lol.

Really? I found it very easy to go over my daily cals on this diet....I just add oil to my shakes and that easily puts less demand on solid food. I have maybe 2-3 700-800 calorie shakes on my workout days...2 scoops of biotest low-carb metabolicDrive with coconut oil, raw cocoa (only a couple carbs here) and natural peanut butter...plus flax seeds...so tastey and full of cals!

I've been switching back and forth from mostly maintenance to occassional deficit, aiming for a longterm recomp, so far so good! But I have yet to do a refeed...so for me it's just a keto diet, no CKD yet.. I've successfully been really leaning up while building new growth and getting more vascular.
    Last edited by Gutterpump; 11-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Same here. I find it easy to go well over what I need to cut on this diet. I've been trying to stay around 2000 calories, but it's just not a lot of food to go off of. 1 pound of meat puts me at the 1200 range. I could easily eat that in one meal. I'm really not meant to be below 200 haha.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yeah...that's the thing on low-carb diets, my body always feels hungry! It's so easy to do a bulk on this diet...and the best thing is, if I overdo it somedays, I can just back off a bit and loose some fat so easily!

I can eat steak and chicken breasts and seafood, a pound of each at every meal lol...it's so easy to eat that much.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

You know what a lot of this diet is? Deciphering whether you are craving food or if your physically hungry. I don't usually get the physical hunger, I could eat just once a day. Craving wise I get cravings every so often, usually for fatty food that has carbs. Semi sweet chocolate or peanut butter, those have been the recent targets.

I generally find it easy to bulk, with the nutrient density of food on this diet It's going to be really easy to bulk.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quick question (btw, been following your recipe log, great stuff).

What is all this talk about people becoming depressed on a keto diet? I feel great on it...always have. I actually feel better on a low carb diet than a diet with carbs. For long term use, I'm going to start on a CKD this week to keep leptin and thyroid optimized...other than that I feel really good on it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Step-By-Step Instructions for Injecting?
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
  2. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:50 AM
  3. Keto diet plan check
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
  5. Carb sensistive after keto diet?
    By lbm4life in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 03:56 PM