Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Nutritiondata.com is really specific with a lot of it's information. The reason they have so many raw is because they have different nutritional value depending on what part of the animal your eating. For chicken breasts they have raw meat only and raw meat with skin.

100 grams of raw chicken breast with skin has 8 more grams of fat than 100 grams of raw chicken breast without skin.
    but if the meat is raw, then wouldn't the nutritional value be the same whether you broil it, grill it, fry it etc? As long as you don't add more stuff to it.

2. The difference that occurs during cooking is basically a change of the weight of the food, a change of the fat content of the food. While you cook a food water is cooked out and fat can be rendered out of the food.
    •   

3. Oh god, that's so confusing

I usually just take the raw value and go off that, despite cooking with a george foreman.

4. And what do you guys do if there's something that isn't on diettracker/nutritiondata?

It's quite a fatty piece of chicken that is the thigh and leg

I read the wikipedia thing and I think it's an australian/british thing. It's really really fatty. The fat drips off it like water sometimes.

I'm not sure if that's good to eat though. It's really cheap and tastes great, but my mum reckons that it'll give me high cholesterol :P

5. Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    Oh god, that's so confusing

I usually just take the raw value and go off that, despite cooking with a george foreman.

You can pretty much go off of the raw value. Just eyeball the amount of fat left in the pan, if you don't mind using left over fat to fry other things in it, it becomes a good tool :-D

I've drank the fat straight out of the pan on occasion.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    And what do you guys do if there's something that isn't on diettracker/nutritiondata?

It's quite a fatty piece of chicken that is the thigh and leg

I read the wikipedia thing and I think it's an australian/british thing. It's really really fatty. The fat drips off it like water sometimes.

I'm not sure if that's good to eat though. It's really cheap and tastes great, but my mum reckons that it'll give me high cholesterol :P
    The CKD style diets usually lower cholesterol, I do try to get things that improve the HDL levels up during my carb loads. But generally alot of places point to ketogenic diets lowering cholestorol despite the fat.

7. Well, since I'm still not 100% sure of how the CKD works, is it still going to be helpful to take a pre-WO supp? I know with no carbs the water you drink kinda flows right through ya, so I was guessing it would be the same with a pre-WO sup, but I wanna find out before I use my Ragnarok anymore. I would also be taking it with Poseidon and I'd have a Leviathan Reloaded an hour or so beforehand.(Dunno if the caffeine would matter)

8. I'm back on the keto train. I need a step by step plan on stopping these dreams of carbs I keep having...they are haunting and taunting me in my sleep

9. Carbs are of the devil, stay strong brutha! ^_^

I've found I frikkin love sugar-free jello when I crave carbs...I eat that crap like there is no tomorrow.

10. oh yaa..sugar free jello and heavy whipped cream gets abused often

11. I haven't had any heavy whipped cream yet, I might go grab me some of that. Maybe mix it with my mocha ON Whey, yummay

EDIT: How long you been on CKD since you restarted gutter?

12. Yeah it tastes amazing in shakes. I usually mix heavy cream, e.v. coconut oil, and olive oil into my shakes w/ some almond butter..good stuff.

13. I was doing Olive Oil, but it tasted too much like crap, and it would never mix well, it would always be at the top so every sip I took tasted like crap <_<

14. it's ok when mixed with other oils I find, but on it's own - yeah it's pretty damn nasty

15. Guess I gotta try that. How much jello is too much? I know people say the cream and the jello is fine, but how much does it take to actually hurt the CKD? I could eat 10 of those little jello packages, lol.

16. It's not the jello I don't think, but I can keep eating that heavy cream till there's no more lol...so tastey. I have to remind myself that I'm cutting..too much fat at night is not a good thing

17. Arg, how much can I have that is cured in sugar? I have bacon/ham/other crap that says it was cured and one of the things was in sugar, so should I not eat them? They all have 0 or 1 sugar carb, so other than that they are fine with fat and protein. So gay if I wasted 20 bucks, lol.

18. As long as you stay within your carb range you should be fine.

19. good info guys, just wondering tho. all that fat can't be good for you can it? can a keto diet like this be used constantly when you want to lean up, or should it be cycled w/ other diets?

20. It can be done year around, because of the refeeds

21. Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    good info guys, just wondering tho. all that fat can't be good for you can it? can a keto diet like this be used constantly when you want to lean up, or should it be cycled w/ other diets?
    1. All that fat wouldn't be good if you were on a high carb diet. The CKD diets, AD, etc, specifically cycle the use of carbs and during carb ups fats are limited. Cholestorol levels have the tendancy to improve while on this diet.

2. You can use this all year long.

22. In the beginning of a Keto diet, it really helps to go high fat, medium protein, nil carb to speed into ketosis, then you can back off on the fat a bit once you're sure you are in. You can also keep fat high if your protein is not super high either though, just count your cals.

23. I am supposed to have 130 fat, and 130 protein. I usually end up having 10-20 less fat than I should, and having 150+ protein, just because so much turkey and crap is so high in protien and low in fat. I seem to be doing OK while doing that, I don't even count cals anymore, just the fat/protein.

Since I'm also at a 500 cal deficit, and I have basketball, it all works out well.

24. OK so here it goes..... Just to make sure that my math is right.
    I am 205 @20-22 % BF. I have a LBM of 164ish right?? So at this point, I would do the CKD Sunday through Friday and have Friday PM till Sat midnight for my Carb re load phase.

Now through my no carb days, my diet would look something like this.

Wake up, and have some cheese, lean meats (i.e. cold cut turkey, roast beef etc etc.)

take my ECA

workout

have more fats and proteins but no Protein shakes since they carry high Carbs right??
    continue with the eating to about 6 meals a day and my cals about 1800-1900 ish???

+++ lots o' water! +++++

is this about right or??? I am a bit confused as to what to eat and such........ I know I saw a link here so ill check it out, but how does this outline sound?

25. Quote Originally Posted by soldier0213 View Post
    OK so here it goes..... Just to make sure that my math is right.
    I am 205 @20-22 % BF. I have a LBM of 164ish right?? So at this point, I would do the CKD Sunday through Friday and have Friday PM till Sat midnight for my Carb re load phase.

Now through my no carb days, my diet would look something like this.

Wake up, and have some cheese, lean meats (i.e. cold cut turkey, roast beef etc etc.)

take my ECA

workout

have more fats and proteins but no Protein shakes since they carry high Carbs right??
    continue with the eating to about 6 meals a day and my cals about 1800-1900 ish???

+++ lots o' water! +++++

is this about right or??? I am a bit confused as to what to eat and such........ I know I saw a link here so ill check it out, but how does this outline sound?
    Have you read any CKD books? There should be a link around here somewhere to download the anabolic diet.

What you do is basically a macro breakdown like this

Protein 30-40%
    Fat 60-70%
    Carbs 20-30

Thats generally where its good to stay at, you could always raise protein by 10 percent lower fat by 10 percent. You should go the first two weeks without carb loading, 5 days is enough but going for the 12 is better. You don't need to eat 6 different times a day on this diet, you could cut back the meals to 3-4. You can have protein shakes as long as they fall within your carb allotment for the day.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. keto diet plan
    By Boris2247 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 07:57 AM
  2. Step-By-Step Instructions for Injecting?
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:10 PM
  3. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 02:50 AM
  4. Keto diet plan check
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 06:46 PM
  5. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 02:12 AM