Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    good info guys, just wondering tho. all that fat can't be good for you can it? can a keto diet like this be used constantly when you want to lean up, or should it be cycled w/ other diets?
    1. All that fat wouldn't be good if you were on a high carb diet. The CKD diets, AD, etc, specifically cycle the use of carbs and during carb ups fats are limited. Cholestorol levels have the tendancy to improve while on this diet.

2. You can use this all year long.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

In the beginning of a Keto diet, it really helps to go high fat, medium protein, nil carb to speed into ketosis, then you can back off on the fat a bit once you're sure you are in. You can also keep fat high if your protein is not super high either though, just count your cals.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I am supposed to have 130 fat, and 130 protein. I usually end up having 10-20 less fat than I should, and having 150+ protein, just because so much turkey and crap is so high in protien and low in fat. I seem to be doing OK while doing that, I don't even count cals anymore, just the fat/protein.

Since I'm also at a 500 cal deficit, and I have basketball, it all works out well.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

OK so here it goes..... Just to make sure that my math is right.
    I am 205 @20-22 % BF. I have a LBM of 164ish right?? So at this point, I would do the CKD Sunday through Friday and have Friday PM till Sat midnight for my Carb re load phase.

Now through my no carb days, my diet would look something like this.

Wake up, and have some cheese, lean meats (i.e. cold cut turkey, roast beef etc etc.)

take my ECA

workout

have more fats and proteins but no Protein shakes since they carry high Carbs right??
    continue with the eating to about 6 meals a day and my cals about 1800-1900 ish???

+++ lots o' water! +++++

is this about right or??? I am a bit confused as to what to eat and such........ I know I saw a link here so ill check it out, but how does this outline sound?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soldier0213 View Post
    OK so here it goes..... Just to make sure that my math is right.
    I am 205 @20-22 % BF. I have a LBM of 164ish right?? So at this point, I would do the CKD Sunday through Friday and have Friday PM till Sat midnight for my Carb re load phase.

Now through my no carb days, my diet would look something like this.

Wake up, and have some cheese, lean meats (i.e. cold cut turkey, roast beef etc etc.)

take my ECA

workout

have more fats and proteins but no Protein shakes since they carry high Carbs right??
    continue with the eating to about 6 meals a day and my cals about 1800-1900 ish???

+++ lots o' water! +++++

is this about right or??? I am a bit confused as to what to eat and such........ I know I saw a link here so ill check it out, but how does this outline sound?
    Have you read any CKD books? There should be a link around here somewhere to download the anabolic diet.

What you do is basically a macro breakdown like this

Protein 30-40%
    Fat 60-70%
    Carbs 20-30

Thats generally where its good to stay at, you could always raise protein by 10 percent lower fat by 10 percent. You should go the first two weeks without carb loading, 5 days is enough but going for the 12 is better. You don't need to eat 6 different times a day on this diet, you could cut back the meals to 3-4. You can have protein shakes as long as they fall within your carb allotment for the day.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Some shakes like Isopure(I believe 1 carb) and ON 100% Gold Standard(3-4 carbs) are fine, because they have such a low amount of carbs. You obviously don't want to drink them like water, because the carbs add up perty fast

Somewhere in this thread(I think the 3rd or 4th page) has a doc that is REALLY helpful, it's a spreadsheet. Just stick in your BF% and weight, and it gives you your macros, even for carb up

For carbs, you generally try to stay below 20, excluding fiber. With the fiber, I have heard of people getting up to 50, but I personally try not to get over 30-35, fiber included. Also grabbing some ketostix help some, but the amount of water screws it up too, so it is just to give you an idea of what knocks you outta keto and crap.

There's also a list of food in I think this thread that is pretty helpful

EDIT: Also, try to have protein after your workout, then the fat/meal about an hour later. Fat + protein = slower digestion of protein. Atleast from what I know ^_^

And also, do you have your workout(s) setup? The weekday workouts should be normal, and then the Friday night one a depletion. And you should start the carb load RIGHT after your workout, not an hour or two later. I can't remember the specifics, but you lose out on something, lol, maybe Thomas can explain it
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Fiber just isn't processed by the body so it isn't counted at all. Your carb allotment for the day should be split into these categories.

Vegetables that are high in fiber
    Supplements that have small carb amounts
    Seasonings

They usually play out in that order of intake, quantity wise.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Answers

This had been working pretty well for me. I try to take in minimal carbs and i haven't been counting my calories. Between the meat and protein shakes that I drink it's pretty hard to over eat.

I think i'm going to try out that sugar free jello you guys talked about

The really gay thing is that America has gotten into the low carb craze, and from what i've heard you have a huge selection of low carb friendly foods. Australia doesn't have that at all... Your staples are still there, but if you want to make some low carb treats its pretty hard.

Oh well, can't complain. I think i look visibly leaner now, not sure if its because i've been going to the gym regularly now or if its cos of the diet. Who cares, it's probably both :P
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    This had been working pretty well for me. I try to take in minimal carbs and i haven't been counting my calories. Between the meat and protein shakes that I drink it's pretty hard to over eat.

I think i'm going to try out that sugar free jello you guys talked about

The really gay thing is that America has gotten into the low carb craze, and from what i've heard you have a huge selection of low carb friendly foods. Australia doesn't have that at all... Your staples are still there, but if you want to make some low carb treats its pretty hard.

Oh well, can't complain. I think i look visibly leaner now, not sure if its because i've been going to the gym regularly now or if its cos of the diet. Who cares, it's probably both :P
    Well a lot of the low carb foods here aren't exactly CKD/AD friendly. Sugar free jello is basically gelatin and sugar free juice mix.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Ya, we still don't have it THAT good, but I think we do have it a lil better over here.

I'm gettin frikkin annoyed, I had little fat on my chest, then the noticable/obvious areas of love handles/stomach, and I was able to gauge how well I was doing by my stomach/sides. Now I've lost fat in my chest, and more in my stomach/sides, so it's hard for me to gauge how well I'm doing by just one body part, since that is usually the last for people to lose the fat off of <_<

My BF is going down(Around 11 now) but all my fat is in my stomach/sides, it sucks, lol. I am not gonna skip my refeed like I did last week, I am CRAVING carbs so bad now. I get tired faster, and hungrier faster(dunno if thats a side) I am half tempted to refeed tomorrow through Friday night. It isn't helping that I'm taking a day off from Leviathan to try some samples every once in awhile, none of them have been nearly as good as Leviathan Reloaded. Plus I pulled a muscle in practice yesterday, so I can't really give it my all in practice till tomorrow or Friday, so my metabolism isn't getting as much of a boost from that either >_<

Ontop of all that, my mom is doing a weightwatchers thing, going by the points and such. I see her eat all this good tasty crap and I just go eat 2-3 more jellos, lol.
    I love CKD, but not being able to have oats every morning is insanely annoying.

It also sucks that I am eating less with the lower BF I get to, shouldn't I be eating more because I would be having more muscle so I would need more to maintain? Down to 1690 or so cals :/
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

What is your current calorie intake for your five low carb days? If you are going to go another week without a carb up I would suggest doing a small carb up of around 100-150 carbs after this friday's depletion.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It's about 1690, and I'm not skipping this one. I skipped the last one. I'm gonna really enjoy this refeed
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

So say its 1700 each of the five days.

Day1:1700
    Day2:1400
    Day3:2100
    Day4:1500
    Day5:1700

Higher calorie day through the middle of the week works to increase your metabolism from being at low calorie levels.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Ahhh, didn't even think of that >_<

Every frikkin time I think I have the bases covered,one bites me in the butt.

Thanks

Also, I rarely feel like working upper body after bball practice, so I usually don't anymore, would I be able to start my refeed right after practice on Friday without my depletion workout? Since it has been 2 weeks without a refeed, I'm guessing I have very little glycogen left in storage just because it's been so long.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

If you feel that your active enough and that your body has been pushing hard enough, I would try it out, see how it goes, how you look.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

How is your water intake as well?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Probably near a gallon a day, some days a little less, others a little more. Depends how much I am at home really.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

What i've been doing, it's a little over the top, but every hour I take in roughly 1/7th of a gallon of water.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Dang O_o

My prob is, I spend a lot of time at school. I'm gone from 7 AM to 5:30 PM, so I can't drink a lot during practice or during school(Only inbetween classes at the fountain) So it makes it really hard, and I end up cramming it all into when I get home at night.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah that's bad. Spread it out. I try to drink a litre every hour or two...but probably only have one closer to every 2 hours.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    It also sucks that I am eating less with the lower BF I get to, shouldn't I be eating more because I would be having more muscle so I would need more to maintain? Down to 1690 or so cals :/
    keep your protein high and u should be fine
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    Dang O_o

My prob is, I spend a lot of time at school. I'm gone from 7 AM to 5:30 PM, so I can't drink a lot during practice or during school(Only inbetween classes at the fountain) So it makes it really hard, and I end up cramming it all into when I get home at night.
    It's actually a bad habit of mine, I always keep water next to me everwhere, even when I was in college I had my gallon of water with me at all times.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.
    Answers

I'm seriously considering going on this Keto-Diet plan in the near future. My only concern is that there is no mention of any fiber intake. Isn't this nutrient essential for proper digestion?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Not if you eat enough fibrous veggies, no need to supplement then
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rarredoa View Post
    I'm seriously considering going on this Keto-Diet plan in the near future. My only concern is that there is no mention of any fiber intake. Isn't this nutrient essential for proper digestion?
    It's been mentioned in this thread and other keto threads. You basically want as much fiber as you can manage within your carb allotment for the day. If you don't want to **** bricks you'll get your fiber in.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    It's been mentioned in this thread and other keto threads. You basically want as much fiber as you can manage within your carb allotment for the day. If you don't want to **** bricks you'll get your fiber in.
    Where, in the orignal post, does it mention fiber intake? Can someone save me the trouble and point this out, because i can't seem to find it. It only mentions fat and protein intake and nothing else, aside from friday's ramp-up on carbs.

Is that all the fiber we'll need?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure where. But its pretty much as much as you can manage within your carb intake, supplements if you'd like. Just enough to keep digestion normal.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure where. But its pretty much as much as you can manage within your carb intake, supplements if you'd like. Just enough to keep digestion normal.
    So based on your response, we only take in fiber during the carb-up phase?

Original Post says fat and protein only sunday-fri nite.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rarredoa View Post
    So based on your response, we only take in fiber during the carb-up phase?

Original Post says fat and protein only sunday-fri nite.
    Read the anabolic solution books. The powerlifting and bodybuilding versions are posted somewhere in the keto threads that are up.

During the week you take in around 20-30 carbs a day.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Read the anabolic solution books. The powerlifting and bodybuilding versions are posted somewhere in the keto threads that are up.

During the week you take in around 20-30 carbs a day.
    Perfect... thanks!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah i don't really think about fibre, but I do alright. I think I eat more vegetables then I should though.

I've always been a bit believer in vegetables and that's what I dislike most about this diet. Also, i don't like having 1 glass of milk being 12g of carbs :P

Is the limit 20-30g? I find that on some days I can purely eat meat. If i'm going chicken breast and lamb chops I reckon my carbs would be under 10g easily. But i drink natural whey shakes and they have a little more carbs then usual. I guess I end up around 15g a day if i'm lucky
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I have about 15-20(20 rarely) grams of fiber, and then prolly 10-15g of norm carbs, and I still stay deep in keto, so it really depends on your body, just keep checking till you find the perfect amount for you.

I've heard of people that have about 50g of carbs a day, 30 or so fiber, and 20 of their norm ones.

I don't like to have milk either, too many carbs, so I just skip milk altogether these days.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Answers

Ahh, interesting.

I really need to buy some of those ketostix. I wonder if i'm actually in Keto, or if the weight i've lost is purely from going to the gym and being on a lower carb diet.

I went from eating rice, drinking milk every day to doing neither of those things. My carb count must be a tenth of what it used to be.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

They aren't really required. I'm sure you are probably in keto, seeing as you have had the funky breath you said, that's one sign. The other is your piss smells worse, or funkier or something.

The stix are just kind of a help to give you an idea I guess.

Nice job on cutting those carbs
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Carb wise, you don't count fiber at all ever because the body doesn't have the ability to digest it. It just can't do it. You could have 40 grams of fiber and they wouldn't count. The 20-30 carbs probably won't take you out of ketosis, some people might be iffy around 30, but generally no, 20-30 regular carbs you'll be fine. Those 20-30 carbs should be used wisely, as in vegetable intake to get micro nutrients up. Micro nutrient deficiencies' can occur.

A ketogenic state is when your brain requires the production of ketones to supplement its need of glucose. This need peaks, rather peaks for ketones and drops for glucose at around 3 weeks where the brain will require only 30 percent of its total needs in glucose, around 30 grams. The other 70 percent come from ketones. Now during this 3 week period the body shifts from using ketones to just using FFA's or free fatty acids. The brain can't use these.

Depending on particular biology one can be in a fat burning state at 50 carbs a day. Taking in your 20-30 carbs a day is basically your way of saying to the brain "Your going to produce up to 70 percent of your need, i'll give you another 20 carbs, you only need to produce a pittance, a handful of glucose to function". The extra glucose your body produces is from amino acids and the glycerol portion of the triglyceride.

Ketostix are unreliable safety nets. They are only good for people that are starting out on ketosis so that they can get a feel for what its like to be in ketosis. That's it. If you drink too much water, you will get false negatives, if you take it at different times a day you will get different ratings, if you drink too little water the ketones will be more concentrated and give you a higher reading.

Some people think higher ketone ratings mean your doing better, when in fact it doesn't mean much. Only the brain, CNS and i believe the heart will ever utilize ketones, you'll use more energy from just your left thigh using FFA's.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I always wondered.....how are those drinks that are loaded with splenda? Can this effect ketosis through signaling or tricking the body to think something sweet is coming? I've seen lots of theories.

Also, how about occassional direct carbs? I love to drink Lo-Carb Monster and it has 6 grams of carbs (glucose) per can + sucralose. I'm staying away now but I would love to be able to drink a couple of these a day again.

I'm mostly using stevia glycerate as my sweetener in my coffees...I've been told to stay away from coffee too but screw that, it's a necessity.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Decaf coffee + Splenda or Sweet 'n Low is OK, from what I've heard. I just don't know in what quantities, or when it becomes bad.

And I think direct carbs are still OK, as long as you stay below your 20 or so for the day, but I'm not positive.

I can't sleep right now and am craving carbs so frikkin bad, I think I may have some carbs tonight, then tomorrow morn through lunch only fat/protein, then do my carbup after bball practice. This 2 week crap is a killer <_<

Would that be OK? Or should I just live with it and go to sleep(I also can't sleep, but still will be up around 5)
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Why decaf? I don't get it...caffeinated black coffee has no carbs. I always need my caffeine daily, not about to drop it lol.

2 week? Ha try 0 refeeds... It's worse. I'm scared to try CKD right now, last time I tried I screwed it up. I don't mind staying in keto cos I'm on test, not worried too much about glycogen or losing muscle.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Dang, I would be dead, I NEED my carbs, lol.

I'm not positive why, but the list of food someone posted had only decaf coffee and unsweetened tea. I could understand why no caffeinated if you were using a stim, but I dunno why it would be none period :S
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I'm actually not too sure why sweeteners stop ketosis, maybe they too closely mimic the effects of glucose. I'll do more research and get back when I find something.

Caffeine can cause an insulin spike which can interrupt ketosis. This is on a person to person basis, some guys can drink coffee with no problem what so ever. Some people have a higher tolerance to caffeine all together.

If you want some carbs I would push it to 50/60, no more than that, then just deal with it from there.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Step-By-Step Instructions for Injecting?
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
  2. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:50 AM
  3. Keto diet plan check
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
  5. Carb sensistive after keto diet?
    By lbm4life in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 03:56 PM