Losing fat but looking worse

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you guys experienced this? I actually looked a little better before I started because my muscles were fuller and my fat was distributed more proportionately. I’m finding my fat is be shed in the front of my belly but at this point my lower back (love handles) are untouched, making them look bigger. So have any of you pushed through a period like this and eventually reached a glorious end? Also, my fat generally feels squishy, kind like it’s deflating. I just hate how I started with what looked like very slight love handles but now they look like a shelf that I could set a cup of coffee on.

Stats:
Height: 6’1
Starting weight - 198
Current weight - 187
Target weight - 178
Starting body fat % - about 20

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
Have you guys experienced this? I actually looked a little better before I started because my muscles were fuller and my fat was distributed more proportionately. I’m finding my fat is be shed in the front of my belly but at this point my lower back (love handles) are untouched, making them look bigger. So have any of you pushed through a period like this and eventually reached a glorious end? Also, my fat generally feels squishy, kind like it’s deflating. I just hate how I started with what looked like very slight love handles but now they look like a shelf that I could set a cup of coffee on.

Stats:
Starting weight - 198
Current weight - 187
Target weight - 178
Dont worry about it, you muscles were fuller because your glycogen storages are probably empty(depends on the diet tho), but those love handles will eventually get smaller, just continue cutting and thats it, dont worry about how you look on half pf your journey, end of the journey is important, not the period inbetween. Also if you noticed different distribution of fat over your body that means you are actually losing fat, but also remember that you cannot target different areas in a way of burning fat at those areas.

Which diet are you on?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established

Stats:
Starting weight - 198
Current weight - 187
Target weight - 178
Unfortunately fat does not reduce equally over the whole body so there will always be a stubborn area where the fat comes of last (unless you are genetically gifted), and worse still it will be the first place that fat increases when you go back into a surplus. Stick with it and it will eventually come off.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Stats:
Starting weight - 198
Current weight - 187
Target weight - 178
Same here....my body is "morphing around" and losing fat at the wrong places. Nothing we can do but push through it. Keep up grinding, bro!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like said above just keep grinding. Eventually you will get the look you want if you put the hard work in. What's your diet look like and are you taking any supps to aid in your shred?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the motivation guys.

My diet is intermittent fasting. I fast for a minimum of 16 hours a day but often extend it upward to 20 hours. I’d say 17 or 18 is average.
Outside of that I follow basic guidelines, like keeping protein high and carbs low. I’m not overly concerned about fat intake. I typically try to break my fast with a high protein, low carb snack, but some days I give into craving and eat something that’ll just fill me up like a turkey club or something.

Yesterday I started taking lgd, which most people bulk on but I think it’ll work well in a cut. I’m using dermacrine for my test base.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here....my body is "morphing around" and losing fat at the wrong places. Nothing we can do but push through it. Keep up grinding, bro!
Does your fat feel more squishy and softer? I read about a woosh effect when losing fat. I don’t know if it happens to everybody but essentially what I’ve learned is that as you lose fat but the cells don’t immediately shrink. Instead the fat is emptied from the cells and then the cells temporarily fill with water to keep the size in case your just going to add the fat right back. Then after a while you’ll just wake up one day and be about 5 lbs lighter and visibly see that you lost some fat because the cells emptied out the water and shrank. It kind of sounds like bro science but have you ever experienced this? I’ve only ever cut once before and it wasn’t as hardcore (about a 10lb cut total) so I didn’t experience it.

Other people who aren’t currently cutting can answer this too.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any before and after pics.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any before and after pics.
I have a before pic that’s kinda crappy and it’s from March but I basically look the same as when I started cutting in May. I’ll take an after pic when I reach my goal. I’ll probably post it on the anabolic forum under a cycle recap.

Gcrewhcp

Gcrewhcp

Awards
Pics would really help to see where you're at.

Also, how long have you been training?

The whole process of adding muscle and reducing body fat is usually a long process. You have to be patient as annoying as that might sound. Just keep at it and make the necessary adjustments along the way.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have the same exact problem, lower back fat is last to go, also my face stays bloated until I get really low BF

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does your fat feel more squishy and softer? I read about a woosh effect when losing fat. I don’t know if it happens to everybody but essentially what I’ve learned is that as you lose fat but the cells don’t immediately shrink. Instead the fat is emptied from the cells and then the cells temporarily fill with water to keep the size in case your just going to add the fat right back. Then after a while you’ll just wake up one day and be about 5 lbs lighter and visibly see that you lost some fat because the cells emptied out the water and shrank. It kind of sounds like bro science but have you ever experienced this? I’ve only ever cut once before and it wasn’t as hardcore (about a 10lb cut total) so I didn’t experience it.

Other people who aren’t currently cutting can answer this too.
Not feeling anything different -but looking out of proportion lately. I'm doing IF too. One meal a day. 20-22 hours fasting. Personally, I would skip the LGD, can't compare to something "real", like var, winni, epistane.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's a good sign. The fat is pulling away and coming loose, so this is a good sign. He keeps telling himself suddenly switching into third person... lol.

:) I'm with ya~

GeneticFreak

Awards
Keep destroying that fat bro! It’s an awkward in between stage... just wear relaxed fit shirts or maybe a size bigger than you usually do and hit shoulders and lats super hard so it won’t look as visible. I’m sure your arms will draw away attention from the handles.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Increase your sodium by an extra 2g daily (salt is 60% sodium) and watch the muscles fill back out

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AlexPowell Interesting, I’ll add a little extra salt on my meals.
justhere4comm that’s exactly what it feels like. Like the fat is loosening up and pulling away. I gotta remember this is all positive.
hairygrandpa The LGD is serving a lot of purposes here outside of my typical aesthetics goals. I picked lgd to save some money on a cycle where I’m not 100% healthy. I’m hoping it corrects the atrophy in my injured shoulder, while helping heal it. I have 12 days to return to my labor job and hopefully I have some of my strength back by then. Also, I’m adding yk11 midway through for its myostatin inhibitor properties, and I hear it gives you a pretty sweet pumped up/vascular look as a bonus.
GeneticFreak I wish I could hit the shoulders. I dislocated my shoulder 6 weeks ago and I’m still not healed. I won’t be able to hit it directly until about midway through my cycle. Right now I’m limited to legs, core, cardio, biceps, triceps, forearms. I’ll be adding more every week as I heal.
double s we just gotta keep pushing through. I don’t think I carry fat in my face but I would never know. I rock a thick Viking beard year round. That’s nature’s way of hiding a chubby face or a weak chin haha.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I doubt that LGD does help with your shoulders. Did not see one study on it, besides for bone density (which is not the same as tendons). Anavar with some HGH/MK-677 would be the better call. Winni promotes a fast healing too -but supposedly the created scar tissue is not of the quality, as would a "non accelerated" healing have.