Effects of greater deficit.

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, im going to start cutting in a couple of weeks, now i think its very important that u know i will be on a test/tren cycle.
At first i was planning on keeping a 500 caloric deficit from my maintenance and then dropping to 750 in the last couple of weeks, i wanted to ask what would an even greater deficit such as lets say directly starting at 750 and working to a 1000 or even more caloric deficit have, will it mean i burn more fat? I really want to know if it does mean more fat loss.
My stats 6'1
225 lbs
16-17% body fat
Diet will mainly be 200g+g of protein, ill fit the carbs and fats after knowing my answer to this question which could also mean change in protein too.
Muscle wastage isnt a big fear because of the cycle i am going to be on as i stated above.
My goal is to go get to atleast 10% body fat and if possible to single digit.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How long is your cycle? I would start with a moderate deficit (-500 cals) and see how it goes. A larger deficit isn't always better - you might lose more fat initially, but implementing a larger deficit can result in more problems down the road. If you start at a 1000kcal deficit and plateau, you will have to drop your calories lower which won't be very fun.

With dieting, I always suggest you diet on the highest calorie intake possible that will allow you to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Losing weight faster works initially, but plateaus are inevitable. Its always best to take things slow and be smart about your approach, or you'll be left with a screwed up metabolism, hungry all the time, and struggling to lose weight at a very low calorie intake

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I've been on a 2000 calorie deficit for 3 weeks so I can imagine if you can handle 1000 for a while then if you plateau, up it... It's definitely possible but starting lower and upping it will probably be way more beneficial than my route...I also depend greatly on fat burner or there is no way I could eat as little as I have been

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long is your cycle? I would start with a moderate deficit (-500 cals) and see how it goes. A larger deficit isn't always better - you might lose more fat initially, but implementing a larger deficit can result in more problems down the road. If you start at a 1000kcal deficit and plateau, you will have to drop your calories lower which won't be very fun.

With dieting, I always suggest you diet on the highest calorie intake possible that will allow you to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Losing weight faster works initially, but plateaus are inevitable. Its always best to take things slow and be smart about your approach, or you'll be left with a screwed up metabolism, hungry all the time, and struggling to lose weight at a very low calorie intake
10 weeks, im thinking keep a safe deficit till week 4 and 5 then drop each week till the 10th week, because i dont wanna end the cycle not reaching at least 10% body fat.