Looking for that EXTRA push..

Dershivar

Awards
Hey I've been looking around a few sites now and this seems to be the most informative one I can find. That being said, I'm new here and this is my first time posting in a community like this. I'm 27 years old and and I've been working out along with Intermittent Fasting for almost 4 and a half months now. My starting weight was 260lbs with a height of 5'11". I started with a 4-6 hour eating window with 18-20 hour fasting window daily. During these 4-6 hours I consume as close to 1800 calories as possible I now weigh in at ~223lbs after doing to the gym 4-5 times a week. I am now looking to pursue other avenues in order to cut the fat in order to go full steam ahead with my muscle building. Any help is appreciated. I'll attach a picture for reference.

Edit: I guess I'm not allowed to post pictures just yet.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
although you lost weight, 1800 cals is way to low for your stats.

Dershivar

Awards
although you lost weight, 1800 cals is way to low for your stats.
Well, as of now I have a BMR of 2173.39.

When I calculate my activity level, it bumps up to 3,368.75

Ideally I would like to try something different because I can't seem to meet my goal with my current plan.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
you chose too high activity level. most lifters are still in the lowest activity zone, unless you run marathons for fun

Dershivar

Awards
you chose too high activity level. most lifters are still in the lowest activity zone, unless you run marathons for fun
Oh really? I just went along with this chart:

1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.5
I'm using #3 at the moment but I can bring it down to #2 which would put me at 2,988.41.
Little to no exercise for me would put me at 2,608.06

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
2 looks right. im used to 1.35 being the lowest lol

Dershivar

Awards
Okay, so that puts my daily caloric needs at 2,988.41 but I've been taking in ~1800 because I read that you shouldn't go under that number as a man.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Okay, so that puts my daily caloric needs at 2,988.41 but I've been taking in ~1800 because I read that you shouldn't go under that number as a man.
yeah but thats an 1100 cal deficient, plus add training and cardio on top of it and you could fall into starvation mode. play it safe and start around 2500

Dershivar

Awards
Okay so besides upping my caloric intake, what else would prove optimal?

Dershivar

Awards
Looking into possible taking a H-Drol/Tren Cycle..

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
wont make a difference after only 4.5 months of training. itll just be a waste of money and risk to health. no matter what you think, you dont have that great of a grasp on training/nutrition/dedication after such a short time. amd it would be a lot more useful if used after you cut down to your desired body composition.then youll be able to see and feel the difference because your training will be more on point and there wont be as much at covering the muscles

Dershivar

Awards
I'm open to anything. I suppose I should find an actual training reg.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
id recomend looking into stronglifts 5x5. nothing beats the simplicity