Fat loss after Holidays - 1st approach to Intermittent Fasting

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

sooo... apparently I started to see a *beginning* of iliac crest (only when facing opposite light) yesterday after the training. I still think I am possibly deluded BUT STILL, it is something that never happened before.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

I think I finally understood the meanng of "water weight", especially when eating carbs.

have started taking alphamine + triazole, it does help with hunger suppression.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hey whatever little things drive you to keep on keepin on.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

do carbs influence water weight?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    do carbs influence water weight?
    '

Absolutely. Consider that all things a made and broken down with water. And osmosis plays a role as well. If a cell is filled with carbohydrates then water will rush in to maintain an isotonic concentration to the surrounding area outside the cell. It's important as for when it comes time to break down glycogen that water is essential to retrieving glucose molecules:

(Glucose-Glucose) + H2O = Glucose + Glucose <---Glycolysis of glycogen into glucose monomers
    Glucose + Glucose - H20 = (Glucose-Glucose) +H2O<---Glycogenesis forming glycogen by binding of glucose monomers

This is a very very simple model.... there's a lot more to it than that.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

so the more carbs are eaten the more water they actually store.
    this explains a lot :P
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.41%

lolz
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.82%

During my fast can I have a low carb monster pretty sure its under 50 calories? Also cycling in a ECA stack im only taking them on my low calorie day then stop during my weight lifting.

What do u guys think?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

again, I do not understand IF. one day I eat a lot and nothing happens, another I think I starve and I weigh more. ah well :P
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    During my fast can I have a low carb monster pretty sure its under 50 calories? Also cycling in a ECA stack im only taking them on my low calorie day then stop during my weight lifting.

What do u guys think?

Ultimately your calorie intake at this time should be zero. 50 is too much ill give you that right now. Ive done the Absolute Zero and its been ok but high amounts of citric acid might affect you - its person dependent with that. In addition, Martin Berkam also states you should never "drink" your calories but I break fast with a post workout shake while I prepare a monstrous breakfast.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

again, I do not understand IF. one day I eat a lot and nothing happens, another I think I starve and I weigh more. ah well :P
    I think you weigh yourself too often for one thing. Relax.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

took yesterday as day off from IF, was feeling very funny in the stomach.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

I legit hate eating during any other time than my feeding window I feel like crap. Enough of a reason not to cheat. There are always certain days it just need to happen - feeling sick or dizzy for whatever reason. Just listen to your body.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Weight yourself once a week, every week, with the same routine (I.E. Sunday morning first thing after taking a piss).

If you weigh yourself every day and pay attention to the natural fluctuations you will go nuts. And you will think you need to fix something that doesn't need fixing. So stop
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.1%

I loosely follow the IF protocol without really noticing, but i havent been counting cals/macros. What would you guys consider the maximum deficit for a cut or a good starting point for a recomp?
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Weight yourself once a week, every week, with the same routine (I.E. Sunday morning first thing after taking a piss).

If you weigh yourself every day and pay attention to the natural fluctuations you will go nuts. And you will think you need to fix something that doesn't need fixing. So stop
    gym mate says he thinks I'm slimming up. I don't really se myself that different, ah well :P
    little strength gains, but steady.
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

gym mate says he thinks I'm slimming up. I don't really se myself that different, ah well :P
    little strength gains, but steady.
    Of course you don't. I lost ten pounds and put on some muscle from March to August and I didn't think I looked different at all really. But everyone commented on it that hadn't seen me in a while.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

18. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%

I weigh myself everyday and look in mirror for changes and do body fat testing 2x a week. I do this so I don't count cals and adjust by the nunbers
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

siiiigh... some alcohol/appetizer stuff and I just know I've done worse LOL
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

siiiigh... some alcohol/appetizer stuff and I just know I've done worse LOL
    According to Berkham there is a way to consume alcohol while minimizing some of the negative reprocussions. I strongly recommend you to don't try your hand at it until you understand the IF diet better. Best bet is to just keep it off.

Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    I loosely follow the IF protocol without really noticing, but i havent been counting cals/macros. What would you guys consider the maximum deficit for a cut or a good starting point for a recomp?
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    According to Berkham there is a way to consume alcohol while minimizing some of the negative reprocussions. I strongly recommend you to don't try your hand at it until you understand the IF diet better. Best bet is to just keep it off.

guess I'm gonna starve for today :P at least it is training day
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.1%

Thanks organic shadow. I've used the calc in the past... I'll go create my own thread so not to hijack this anymore
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

so weight after one week?
  24. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I weigh myself everyday and look in mirror for changes and do body fat testing 2x a week. I do this so I don't count cals and adjust by the nunbers
    You probably also aren't overreacting to day to day fluctuations like the OP is though. Nothing wrong with him weighing his self every day as long as he doesn't flip out about the day to day changes. It seems as if he doesn't realize how much carbs, water intake status, muscle mass etc go into your scale weight. Hence the suggestion for once a week. He's caught up in the scale weight and shouldn't be.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

lol thanks!
  26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

lol thanks!
    Honestly it wasn't meant as a diss, that is a COMMON occurrence. But 1 your scale weight might change up to 5 lbs more or less depending on those things (and more). And 2, do you want to weigh less or look better? Recomping, or adding muscle mass while losing fat is going to make everyone LOOK better (which is what everyone wants), but it might not make the scale weight change that much (muscle weighs more than fat). If people say you're slimming down then you probably are. We don't see the day to day changes in the mirror because we don't recognize it.

Look at the difference between the same woman in this first link. Both 155 lbs, same woman, but one looks drastically better. Why? Because she lost fat and gained muscle...which didn't radically change her scale number, but did radically change what she looked like.

Your BMI – is it fat or muscle? Surprising pictures – your weight has little to do with your body fat | Julianne's Paleo & Zone Nutrition
    EvoMuse Products Rep

27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

anyway, I followed your advice and weighed myself one week after. I am less.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Thanks organic shadow. I've used the calc in the past... I'll go create my own thread so not to hijack this anymore
    I use it regardless of IF or not when planning a diet. Provide a link.

anyway, I followed your advice and weighed myself one week after. I am less.
    Geoforce made a good statement; although the scales and measurement are objective and difinitive means to show statistical changes in weight, shape, or composition they are not the end all methodology to determining asthetics. Sculpting a physique is as much an art form as it is a science. Why I mention that is because there's an important subjective element to defining human form. What one person looks like at 160lbs or 11% body fat can vary greatly to the next person. Getting back on track, I often hear people freak out when trying lose body fat worry that they gained weight but never considered that the weight may be increase in muscle mass which is 3x as dense. In some ways, the IDEAL shift would be to lose boy fat, increase muscle mass while not changing weight or gaining. Theoretically this is possible on an IF diet (or any diet) but it takes time to dial in and find out what and how much you need to eat. End rant.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

I use it regardless of IF or not when planning a diet. Provide a link.

Geoforce made a good statement; although the scales and measurement are objective and difinitive means to show statistical changes in weight, shape, or composition they are not the end all methodology to determining asthetics. Sculpting a physique is as much an art form as it is a science. Why I mention that is because there's an important subjective element to defining human form. What one person looks like at 160lbs or 11% body fat can vary greatly to the next person. Getting back on track, I often hear people freak out when trying lose body fat worry that they gained weight but never considered that the weight may be increase in muscle mass which is 3x as dense. In some ways, the IDEAL shift would be to lose boy fat, increase muscle mass while not changing weight or gaining. Theoretically this is possible on an IF diet (or any diet) but it takes time to dial in and find out what and how much you need to eat. End rant.

-OS-Team AppNut
    I know, I am not a physician however, I use what I have :P
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

aw, day out eating on sight: any suggestions? lots of meat around :P
  31. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%

Use the app

"Healthy out"

Plug in the diet you use and they will give you restaurants near you
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

lol it does not cover italy.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

well went for a night out. ate later than usual (very late, like 2 hrs) and a lot of protein, very little carbs and moderate fat + small alcohol (less than half a litre). loads of water (around 2 lts). Meat was very salty.
    today I am like +2kg. Which I know it is not possible as I have not ingested 14000 kcal. I know I should have skipped weight today (the weighing day, Geoforce/OrganicShadow, is Thursday :P) but I just couldn't resist

so, fast today should end at 16. let's see if I can do it.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Consider sodium causes water retention under similar physics to what was mentioned about glycogen and water storage for additional weight. Just mentioning because you said it was salty. Plus if the food is still sitting in your stomach (which is probably the case) it sits a little heavier until you flush out whatever excrement you may carry from it. Yeah, shouldn't have weighed yourself. So take it with a grain of salt.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

Consider sodium causes water retention under similar physics to what was mentioned about glycogen and water storage for additional weight. Just mentioning because you said it was salty. Plus if the food is still sitting in your stomach (which is probably the case) it sits a little heavier until you flush out whatever excrement you may carry from it. Yeah, shouldn't have weighed yourself. So take it with a grain of salt.

-OS-Team AppNut
    I'd rather not to. it was salted enough :P
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

fasted almost the whole day yesterday exepct dinner. I really felt full (I still feel full today to be honest). It's training day unless it's really cold so let's hope for the best.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

but with IF can I do some weight training aimed at muscular growth?
  38. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

but with IF can I do some weight training aimed at muscular growth?
    ? Of course you can. IF is just a way to approach meals. If you aren't training with weights right now you really need to be.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.42%

? Of course you can. IF is just a way to approach meals. If you aren't training with weights right now you really need to be.
    I am, but not specifically for growth.
  40. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.84%

I am, but not specifically for growth.
    You could easily start. You can do whatever you want training wise with IF. Nothing about IF makes it to where you can't train a certain way. You can train for size, train for strength, train for fat loss, whatever. Hell some people have BULKED on IF in the hopes they will put on less fat.

ALL IF is is a plan to eat in a certain window to hopefully get the benefits of fasting. How much and what you eat, plus how you train has nothing to do with IF.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. animal eaters toggling approach to muscle gain and fat loss
    By animaleater in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 02:35 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
  4. Supps to help with fat loss, for hypothyroidism?
    By J_MAN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
  5. Fat Loss- Something To Think About
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 02:45 PM