Poll: What's your opinion on doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

POLL -- CARDIO ON EMPTY STOMACH IN MORNING

Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Just be aware of hypo-glycemic symptoms. I could never make it through anything high intensity for longer than 20 mins. I'd drop like a stone. Then eat like a pig because of the apetite stimulation. Besides the catabolic effects, an out of control apetite doesn't lend itself to the goal of cutting verr well...

2. Hey advice is free - so here goes: 45 min on treadmill, 3.5 miles an hr, and 15 degree incline in the morning. At night after your workout - which should be high (10+ reps) to pump blood, do 30-45 min on the stair master - dig in with heels. - brings out the cuts in the quads. Of course drink pleanty of water and get pleanty of sleep.
    •   

3. I must say I do not agree with the no carb after cardio approach - reason being that I have found it more effective to have more carbs early then taper them down with each meal till there are 0 in the last of 6 meals. And added cardio after the workout at night. Maybe the other approach is better if you are only doing cardio once a day - everyone have there opinion. When I did research on it, HIIT was better for 20 min, then slow cardio for 45 - once a day. But I think I can loose more fat on the 2 a day slow approach - no studies to back it up though.
  4. Out, Out, Damned Spot!

Quote Originally Posted by THETEST
    ...do 30-45 min on the stair master - dig in with heels. - brings out the cuts in the quads.
    You can't be suggesting there's such a thing as 'spot reduction', can you? Tell me it ain't so!

5. Quote Originally Posted by PSBigJoey
    You can't be suggesting there's such a thing as 'spot reduction', can you? Tell me it ain't so!
    actually there is,with the launch of topical fat loss agents such as targex.
    •   

6. Yohimburn seems to work -- but you need to be under 8% to begin with to have it worth it

7. but can it be possible with all this spot reduction gels that you get 6 packs for jus applying it but yet the BF % is not low enuff to actually get the abs naturally??

i think it sounds absurd...jus wanna noe if u guys feel the same...and have spot reduction gels even be proven to really work?

8. Spot reduction sounds pretty hokey to me. the only real way to guarantee fat loss is the hard way. Get out and do some road work. Get on the treadmill for 45minutes a day and you'll lose fat fast.

9. i agree. There's no way those spot reduction products really work. I tried absolution once and it didn't do jack. the only success i've ever had was getting our running.
  10. Unbreakable

Localized releasing of adipose tissue for oxidation is possible by utilizing the correct actives and the proper transdermal solution.

AvantLabs Lipo-Ultra is a proven winner.

It is not a magic bullet but it is a supplement that when used in the proper environment is very effective at target fat loss.

BTW: this particular issue is way O/T
    Life is a terminal condition.

She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

11. I think they can help - but this is for folks that are already in the UNDER 8% Body Fat range - I am sure some of them also just dry some water out of your skin, but the good ones work to help you - along with Cardio and diet. If you do not yet have a 6pack, they are not going to burn one thru for you - it is more of a release of some stubborn fat cells into the blood stream. Seems to have some validity for - Yohimburn - but read the research on it yourself. The bottom line is that it is tough to test - you can always argue that you would have lost the fat anyway - or that it just dried water out of your skin. But I do know pro bodybuilders that sware by it. I believe in CLA and BCAAs as well - but how do you really know any of this works and it is not the diet and cardio? Test for your self. I have tried it both ways and prefer to use the stuff for the last 3 weeks before a competition - but would not do it for anything less than extreme fine tuning to get in the 6%bf range or lower. (my 2 cents worth)
  12. Unbreakable
    Life is a terminal condition.

She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

13. Greetings AMs.
    my 2 cents on AM cardio: It works, LOW intensity if you use an excercise cycle your HR should be like 100-110. Trying to take advantage of the fact that your metabolism shifts to fat burning when you sleep, so Right AWAY after waking up. Start at 30 minutes and work your way up to 45min 1 hour tops. If you are starving in the middle you ****ed up.
    NO caffeine or other food/supps cause that could play with glucose metabolism. Water is good though.

14. I just pop a couple of amino acid tablets and go to work...I always do interval cardio with low-intensity for about 3 minutes and sprint or high intensity for about 1 minute. I do this for about 20 minutes usually not too extreme but i've always gotten good results.

15. Even though this question applies more to the Supplement section, I'll ask it here anyways.

Does anyone think there would be a benefit to taking Raspberry Ketones prior to fasted cardio?

16. how about cardio right after 90 min of HIT weightlifting?[15 min of 70% max HR]the theory is all your glycogen is used up so alls left to burn is fat

17. Protien shake in water ... 30-45min moderate intensity treadmill or bike. DONE! Tried and True!!

Sprt
  18. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skull
    how about cardio right after 90 min of HIT weightlifting?[15 min of 70% max HR]the theory is all your glycogen is used up so alls left to burn is fat
    Unfortunately I think you would be turning to muscle protein for a great deal of energy. The morning cardio thing works because you excercise so lightly that you aren't requiring more energy then can be supplied by fat metabolism - being glycogen depleted from sleeping doesn't hurt you too much. Also hormones that control fat metabolism are high immediately after waking. If you were to wake up and excercise intensely (or the same after depleting glycogen midday) your body actually burns less fat and turns to protein. I wasn't planning on writing a book so I don't have a half dozen references handy (whoops, sorry). If you search pubmed you should come up with some interesting reads.

19. I've been doing Astanga yoga for morning cardio, it's the kind of yoga that the Indian warriors used to do before a battle. It raises my met rate, oxygenates, massages all the internal organs, warms and stretches everything and really gives me a charge first thing a.m.. It should really be done on an empty stomach but I start the day with 330mgs of green tea extract, 330mgs of grape seed extract and a cup of green tea.

20. Quote Originally Posted by 8pack
    Unfortunately I think you would be turning to muscle protein for a great deal of energy. The morning cardio thing works because you excercise so lightly that you aren't requiring more energy then can be supplied by fat metabolism - being glycogen depleted from sleeping doesn't hurt you too much. Also hormones that control fat metabolism are high immediately after waking. If you were to wake up and excercise intensely (or the same after depleting glycogen midday) your body actually burns less fat and turns to protein. I wasn't planning on writing a book so I don't have a half dozen references handy (whoops, sorry). If you search pubmed you should come up with some interesting reads.
    make any difference if you put epherdrine in the mix[to realease fatty acids?]

21. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    On the one hand it raises your metabolism, on the other hand it also affects glucose metabolism. So I would go stimulant free - ouch if you are a regular coffee drinker

22. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    Another way of looking at it is your body is burning fat at it's maximal (natural) rate when you are asleep. The hormones that get you into this zone are still hanging around when you first wake up so take advantage of your body not fully 'waking up' hormonally. That is I think stimulants are a bad idea for AM cardio.

23. For those who believe in a pre-workout drink prior to morning cardio, which would be more beneficial: a whey isolate shake (i.e. approx. 24g of protein) vs straight BCAAs (i.e. XTEND, EXCELL, etc.) and why. Thanks.

24. Quote Originally Posted by SprtNvolcoM
    Protien shake in water ... 30-45min moderate intensity treadmill or bike. DONE! Tried and True!!

Sprt
    This isn't empty stomach cardio...Not saying it doesn't work for you, but it's not in a fasted state in your consuming a shake..

Water and BCAA's prior to fasted cardio is golden imo...

25. Quote Originally Posted by scott72
    Water and BCAA's prior to fasted cardio is golden imo...
    How much BCAA's is optimal? I take Xtend/Xcell; is a single serving sufficient to minimize risk of muscle loss?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo
    How much BCAA's is optimal? I take Xtend/Xcell; is a single serving sufficient to minimize risk of muscle loss?
    I consume around 20-30 g's twice a day centered around my workouts..

27. I have to say when I did a morning run 2 minutes after getting out of bed, for about 45-60 minutes at moderate intensity I'd never lost fat so efficiently in my life. I was also touring Europe and gyms were practically unavailable so I lost muscle mass, but it's more because I couldn't work out. Morning cardio works wonders for fat loss IMO

28. What's a good cardio activity that you can:

- do at home
    - do w/o out buying a machine

?

p.s. sex doesn't count...it just wastes all my supps *cough*

29. Running and jumping rope

30. Quote Originally Posted by Supa Freek 420 View Post
    Running and jumping rope
    jumping rope is an awesome workout!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lifting on an empty stomach in the mornings...Bad?
    By Super Penguin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
  2. Cardio on empty stomach
    By austink3417 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
  3. doing HIIT on empty stomach in morning
    By pinchharmonic in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
  4. Lifting on empty stomach in the morning