cutting advice for U.s Navy / MMA guy.

Seabee1507

Awards
first off, thanks for taking a second to read this. i am currently about 230 lbs. 6'-0", 22 yrs old. bench in the low 300's. i have been lifting heavy for about a year gaining mass and strength. in the last 18 months ive gone from weighing around 205 lbs to where i am now 230-235 lbs. a typical week consist of 5 days a week in the gym for about 1.5 hours. and 30 min of cardio after. in the last week or so i have started to get in to cut mode. i fight amature MMA and want to cut back down to 205 - 210 lbs by November. so with changes from last week i am in the gym lifting about 65%-70% of normal weight at higher reps. instead of my normal 12-10-8-8-6 sets i will do something more like 20-18-15-15-12. and doing about 2 hours of cardio (run a mile, walk .5 miles, run a mile....) 2 days a week
my diet has improved over the last few months as well, but i need to modify it a bit. typical day looks like this now:

700: oatmeal, 2 eggs, protein shake (40g) -OR- piece of fruit, 2 eggs, toast, protein shake (40g) -OR- cascadian farms cereal w/ skim milk, toast, protein shake (40g)

1000: cliff bar

1200: chicken Caesar salad and half turkey sandwich w/ whole grain bread -OR- Grilled chicken sandwich and baked lays -OR- Chicken burrito from Chipotle (i know, bad move for cutting but its delicious!)

1430: 40g protein shake

2030: Grilled chicken 8oz or pork chop 8oz, vegi, salad, brown rice protein shake (40g) -OR- grilled chicken w/ pasta.proten shake (40g)

it defiantly will need work im sure, but for the most part i think it is okay. the biggest problem is when i decide to have a cheat meal! even tho it may only be 2 times a week it still is not a good move.

also, i currently am taking several supps, here is the breakdown for that:

700: 1 erase, 2 titanium

1200: 1 erase

1800: 1 erase, 2 titanium, 6 creatine nitrate, scoop of Adamantium

2000: 2 creatine nitrate

please feel free to give some advise on supps as well.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
none of this means anything if you don't know your macro split and how many calories you're taking in. Do your homework.

Seabee1507

Awards
Ok, instead of just trying to insult my knowledge of this. Why don't you explain what you are talking about. That's why I'm asking for help, bc I don't kno.

GymFreak123

GymFreak123

Awards
Rugger your a rude idiot, people like him an me are on these forums to get help and information not to be mocked for our lack of information.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I'll help... Macros are the breakdown on amount in grams of protein, carbs, and fat..... Most am for a 40/40/20 split... Like protein/carb/fat.....

Um that's alot of time in the gym.... Maybe less time in the gym more intensity...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first off, thanks for taking a second to read this. i am currently about 230 lbs. 6'-0", 22 yrs old. bench in the low 300's. i have been lifting heavy for about a year gaining mass and strength. in the last 18 months ive gone from weighing around 205 lbs to where i am now 230-235 lbs. a typical week consist of 5 days a week in the gym for about 1.5 hours. and 30 min of cardio after. in the last week or so i have started to get in to cut mode. i fight amature MMA and want to cut back down to 205 - 210 lbs by November. so with changes from last week i am in the gym lifting about 65%-70% of normal weight at higher reps. instead of my normal 12-10-8-8-6 sets i will do something more like 20-18-15-15-12. and doing about 2 hours of cardio (run a mile, walk .5 miles, run a mile....) 2 days a week
my diet has improved over the last few months as well, but i need to modify it a bit. typical day looks like this now:

700: oatmeal, 2 eggs, protein shake (40g) -OR- piece of fruit, 2 eggs, toast, protein shake (40g) -OR- cascadian farms cereal w/ skim milk, toast, protein shake (40g)

1000: cliff bar

1200: chicken Caesar salad and half turkey sandwich w/ whole grain bread -OR- Grilled chicken sandwich and baked lays -OR- Chicken burrito from Chipotle (i know, bad move for cutting but its delicious!)

1430: 40g protein shake

2030: Grilled chicken 8oz or pork chop 8oz, vegi, salad, brown rice protein shake (40g) -OR- grilled chicken w/ pasta.proten shake (40g)

it defiantly will need work im sure, but for the most part i think it is okay. the biggest problem is when i decide to have a cheat meal! even tho it may only be 2 times a week it still is not a good move.

also, i currently am taking several supps, here is the breakdown for that:

700: 1 erase, 2 titanium

1200: 1 erase

1800: 1 erase, 2 titanium, 6 creatine nitrate, scoop of Adamantium

2000: 2 creatine nitrate

please feel free to give some advise on supps as well.

Well you don't have a bad set up, different things you could try is swimming your last meal with the 14:30 protein shake, keep the last meal low cal and low carbs. Maybe take the cereal out of the first meal as well, most cereal contains a retarded amount of carbs.

I would definitely cut the cardio down. Try something like 45min routine geared more towards fat loss.

Here is a good routine I like if your running on the treadmill, if it's outside you can still guesstimate the speed your going.

Fat burning cardio routine
6mph for 10MIN
8mph for 1MIN and 4mph for 1MIN, repeated 10 times(20min total) (Interval training is great for fat burning)
6mph for 5MIN
9mph for 1 min and 3mph for 1MIN, repeated 4 times(8min total)
4-3mph for 2min(cool down)
45min total

Supplement stack looks great, could always add in some Shift for some extra non-stim fat burning. Besides the cardio and maybe a few adjustments with diet everything looks good, if you feel your not leaning like you want try taking something else with high carbs out of the diet such as the chicken sandwich and just go straight chicken.

Seabee1507

Awards
thanks for the advice guys,

Gymfreak: your right, i do know what im doing in the gym but im here for info and to better my approach.

JD: i just sent you a PM. take a look and let me know what you think sir!

---just started the 10 month count down to next deployment overseas... HOORAH!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the advice guys,

Gymfreak: your right, i do know what im doing in the gym but im here for info and to better my approach.

JD: i just sent you a PM. take a look and let me know what you think sir!

---just started the 10 month count down to next deployment overseas... HOORAH!
Got it and sent ya a PM back:D

Thank you for serving for us!!! Athletix Sports and I appreciate it! HOORAH!!!