- 06-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone on here could offer some help with something. Ive been trying to come up with a plan for my dad to follow so he can lose some weight.. firstly, my dad has had a history of chronic asthma and the meds that he takes along with a poor diet has added on alot of pounds. He is also just got done battling prostate cancer.. so basically, he isn't a position to be very active and his immune system is compromised.. and diet help would be so appreciated. oh, and hes about 6'1 330
- 06-25-2011, 04:02 PM
His diet will dictate the vast majority of progress regarding fat loss. Do you have any approximation as to his daily caloric intake or a sample menu of what he would eat in a day? In general, those with high levels of body fat tend to respond well to a reduced refined carbohydrate intake coupled with an increase in fibrous vegetables and lean protein sources.
- 06-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, we are so happy for him and very proud! Thank you. Yesterday he had some fruit for breakfast.. a sweet potato for lunch.. and then for supper he had chicken and squash. I felt like that was a good day for him cause he doesnt typically eat that well, he just "didnt have any food at the house". He stopped drinking soft drinks which was a huge step. But, on a typical day I'd say that he intakes 2000 -2500 calories a day.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Alwayssee333 in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 8Last Post: 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
- By rojasdave in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2010, 06:52 AM
- By T-Bone in forum General ChatReplies: 39Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
- By T-Bone in forum General ChatReplies: 24Last Post: 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM
- By DmitryWI in forum Weight LossReplies: 18Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:12 PM