Sick dad

ATLbball

Awards
Hey guys,
Just wanted to see if anyone on here could offer some help with something. Ive been trying to come up with a plan for my dad to follow so he can lose some weight.. firstly, my dad has had a history of chronic asthma and the meds that he takes along with a poor diet has added on alot of pounds. He is also just got done battling prostate cancer.. so basically, he isn't a position to be very active and his immune system is compromised.. and diet help would be so appreciated. oh, and hes about 6'1 330

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
Just wanted to see if anyone on here could offer some help with something. Ive been trying to come up with a plan for my dad to follow so he can lose some weight.. firstly, my dad has had a history of chronic asthma and the meds that he takes along with a poor diet has added on alot of pounds. He is also just got done battling prostate cancer.. so basically, he isn't a position to be very active and his immune system is compromised.. and diet help would be so appreciated. oh, and hes about 6'1 330
That's fantastic he fought through prostate cancer -- I'm certainly happy for him, you, and your family! Carrying that much extra weight around undoubtedly adds additional stress to the body and increases the risk of various disease so taking the steps to begin a more healthy lifestyle is a great idea.

His diet will dictate the vast majority of progress regarding fat loss. Do you have any approximation as to his daily caloric intake or a sample menu of what he would eat in a day? In general, those with high levels of body fat tend to respond well to a reduced refined carbohydrate intake coupled with an increase in fibrous vegetables and lean protein sources.

ATLbball

Awards
Yes, we are so happy for him and very proud! Thank you. Yesterday he had some fruit for breakfast.. a sweet potato for lunch.. and then for supper he had chicken and squash. I felt like that was a good day for him cause he doesnt typically eat that well, he just "didnt have any food at the house". He stopped drinking soft drinks which was a huge step. But, on a typical day I'd say that he intakes 2000 -2500 calories a day.