Big boy needs to strip out, here's the plan, plz review and critique. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Big boy needs to strip out, here's the plan, plz review and critique.

Page 4 of 16 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Banned

still no excuse, you can get weights,bench,bars,etc,etc. Through the want ads for very cheap, how can you face yourself after a "hard core" workout out at healthfit surrounding by old ladies doing light cardio or whatever the **** they do. In those 12 years you my friend lost more than your health, you also lost your manhood.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 1test4life View Post
    still no excuse, you can get weights,bench,bars,etc,etc. Through the want ads for very cheap, how can you face yourself after a "hard core" workout out at healthfit surrounding by old ladies doing light cardio or whatever the **** they do. In those 12 years you my friend lost more than your health, you also lost your manhood.
    Obviously the place sucked, which is why I am now some where else. Out grew it before my membership was up. Van Wert (Ohio) County YM is "the dungeon" and my new abode. Gig on me about the "healthfit" thing all you want, I think it is funny. At least I got off my ass and got going again, and that is what matters.
  3. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You didn't loose anything bro.. you got up and decided to make a difference in your life. It doesnt matter where you lift at all. The fact that a guy is next to me pressing 1000lbs and a 100yr old lady next to me pressing 2lbs isnt going to effect the amount of work I am doing at all. What matters is what you are dong not where you are doing it at. As long as you have the motivation, intensity, dedication and commitment you will achieve your goals no matter where you physcially are.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mar 1, 2011
    Name: Day 2, wk 7
    Start Time: 05:10 PM
    End Time: 06:20 PM
    Duration: 01:10
    Notes: First day dead lifting since I pulled my hammy 3 weeks ago, figured I would take it easy and see how it went. Am pleased overall, will go heavier next weak with no fear!

# Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps

1 Hack Squat
    #1 230 8
    #2 280 8
    #3 300 8
    #4 300 8
    Lightened up and went extra deep.

2 Barbell Deadlift
    #1 135 10
    #2 185 8
    #3 225 5
    #4 275 5
    #5 315 6
    All sets done with out belt, am including warm up sets. As I said, wanted to be careful.

3 Leg Press
    #1 500 12
    #2 500 12
    #3 500 12
    Sets 2 and 3 were extra deep.

4 Standing Calf Raises
    #1 180 12
    #2 180 12
    #3 180 12

Todays Dietary input 3085 vs 4553 (estimated) output. Deficit of 1468.
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Wednesday, March 2nd Dietary info: 2877 cals (216 carb, 217 pro, 127 fats) with an estimated output of 3704, deficit of 827. Think we are getting near to time for a deload, push through next week and then either lighten up or take a week off of the iron, let the joints heal up a bit.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Mar 3, 2011
    Name: Day 3, wk 7
    Start Time: 05:35 PM
    End Time: 06:30 PM
    Duration: 00:55
    Notes:

1 Barbell Incline Bench Press - Medium Grip
    #1 205 6
    #2 205 5
    #3 205 4
    #4 205 4
    All reps to collarbone.

2 Assisted Pull up
    #1 222 8
    #2 227 6
    #3 232 5
    #4 237 4
    Noted weight is estimated body weight + clothes (292) - assist weight.

3 Close-Grip Bench Press
    #1 185 8
    #2 185 8
    #3 185 8

4 Barbell Curl
    #1 95 8
    #2 95 7
    #3 95 6

Wrapped things up with some 30/30 HITT for 10 cycles at 50%/70% resistance at 175-180 SPM for 100 cals.

Today's dietary info: 2779 cals, (214 carbs, 226 protein, 113 fats) with an estimated output of 4428 for an estimated deficit of 1649.

Tommorow we start adding some Alpha T2 into the mix, see if that helps.

At the 1/2 way point to my target I know I am not gonna be satisfied with what I see at 260, however, I am starting to get pissed about starting to see my strenght decline (see my bench work in my logs.) Once I hit 260, I may bump my intake up for a while and do a 6 week strength training program I have had good success with before. The last week is 3 sets of double taps at like 97.5% max, is balls to the wall fun of basic compound movements (Squats, deads, bench, OH Press etc) then go back to leaning out a bit more.
    Nov 2008

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There is lots of great feedback on Alpha T2 from what I have read. I have a couple bottles myself that I got on sale with some erase in a combo pack Looking forward to seeing your results with it
  8. Banned

ok this is the plan, 1 bottle of oxy elite pro, pure creatine mono, beta aline, and bulk daa, those will be your supplements. The diet will be palumbo/anabolic, your trainning will be a one on one off split. There will be no ***** workouts, just hardcore balls to the wall trainning. You will do this until goal is reached.:****you:
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Mar 4, 2011
    Name: Day 4, wk 7
    Start Time: 04:40 PM
    End Time: 05:55 PM
    Duration: 01:15

1 Barbell Squat
    #1 275 8
    #2 325 6
    #3 375 4
    Still working on improving my depth. Last set tried for 405, had to bail, but got a nice deep neg. Warm up sets of Bar, 135, 185, 225.

2 Romanian Deadlift
    #1 225 8
    #2 225 8
    #3 225 8

3 Leg Extensions
    #1 170 12
    #2 180 11
    #3 180 10

4 Lying Leg Curls
    #1 70 12
    #2 80 10
    #3 80 8

Today's dietary totals: 3010 cals (206 carb, 248 protein, 134 fats) with an estimated output of 4565 for a deficit of 1546.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

I hate to break it to you but, you have some serious medical conditions and this is not the place to get advice. You need to speak with a Registered Dietitian, Cardiologist and a good Internal Med Doctor. Also a 12 year break is starting from scratch. Personally as far as diet goes I would tell you that if its white and comes prepackaged its not good for you. Processed foods breakdown to glucose too quickly and the body's response is to increase insulin and quickly. Insulin then stores the glucose as fat. Now the problem your morbidly obese with diabetes your systems are out of whack. Seek the advice of professionals that can help you attain your goals safely.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shocknyou View Post
    I hate to break it to you but, you have some serious medical conditions and this is not the place to get advice. You need to speak with a Registered Dietitian, Cardiologist and a good Internal Med Doctor. Also a 12 year break is starting from scratch. Personally as far as diet goes I would tell you that if its white and comes prepackaged its not good for you. Processed foods breakdown to glucose too quickly and the body's response is to increase insulin and quickly. Insulin then stores the glucose as fat. Now the problem your morbidly obese with diabetes your systems are out of whack. Seek the advice of professionals that can help you attain your goals safely.
    Ok, I see my PCP every 3 months minimum, have my A1-C and Cholesterol checked. I also discuss all supplement and dietary changes I am considering with him. (Feel free to read the logs where I posted about my last A1-C and Cholesterol numbers were looking good or my Diabetes, HTN aned Cholesterol were all in check.)

I also have ultra sound scans for my PAD and see my cardiovascular Surgeon 2x a year. Both of these QUALIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS support what I am doing. I have dropped 34 pounds since late Decemberwhile seeing my A1-c drop from 9.1 to 6.3 and my HDL rise while my LDL drops. but some how I need a dietician too?

All of this was covered through my posts (except the cardiovascular surgeon which one could infer from the statement that I had a fem to fem bypass.)

All being equal, I think I will keep doing what has been working for me. Thanks for your concern.
  12. Banned

I don't get how you can let yourself go like that, how does one face themselves in the mirror day after day without utter disgust. I say this because at my work, I see these fat middle aged men lumbering around, showing up to the lunch room with a small collection of different meds, for a whole bunch of bull**** health conditions. How the **** do you accept not being sexualy wanted by women old or young. I look at them like I look at you, I'm reffering to your old pics, and say how the **** do you go through life, how the **** do you get through the day. I can't relate as I promised myself I would never, ever let myself go. I would like to know what your mindset was all those years.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Fair enough for the things you have done. If you don't want to go to a dietitian at least go on line and checkout "The Diet Solution" by Isabel De Los Rios. I studied nutrition in college and no one ever broke things down the way she does. She doesn't teach dieting she teaches a lifestyle change. She shows you how to eat the natural way. I was surprised by some to the things I learned in this program. Best of all you can buy her books in PDF form for only $42 and you are e-mailed links as soon as you pay. When I started eating the way she teaches I noticed that I felt better than ever and slept better too.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shocknyou View Post
    Fair enough for the things you have done. If you don't want to go to a dietitian at least go on line and checkout "The Diet Solution" by Isabel De Los Rios. I studied nutrition in college and no one ever broke things down the way she does. She doesn't teach dieting she teaches a lifestyle change. She shows you how to eat the natural way. I was surprised by some to the things I learned in this program. Best of all you can buy her books in PDF form for only $42 and you are e-mailed links as soon as you pay. When I started eating the way she teaches I noticed that I felt better than ever and slept better too.
    That is something I would be willing to check into. Thanks for the info.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

I don't get how you can let yourself go like that, how does one face themselves in the mirror day after day without utter disgust. I say this because at my work, I see these fat middle aged men lumbering around, showing up to the lunch room with a small collection of different meds, for a whole bunch of bull**** health conditions. How the **** do you accept not being sexualy wanted by women old or young. I look at them like I look at you, I'm reffering to your old pics, and say how the **** do you go through life, how the **** do you get through the day. I can't relate as I promised myself I would never, ever let myself go. I would like to know what your mindset was all those years.
    Wow, 54 rep and 4 whole posts all dedicated to me? Damn, I must really get under your skin for some reason. Not sure why, don't really care.

I have19+ year career working with alcoholics and junkies and sociopaths who would as soon slit your throat as smile at you. I have raised 3 healthy and ethical kids, one of which earned a scholarship to a great nursing college and all three love me deeply. Yet somehow you think that you are gonna get to me? Save your trolling energy for some reactionary 19 year old with a fragile ego that you can prey on little troll. You are insignificant in my life and always will be. Your opinion is meaningless because you have no standing. You are not even worth the head space to get pissed off about. Enjoy this tiny morsel of attention wee troll man, because this is all the attention you will ever get from me.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Date: Mar 6, 2011
    Name: Day 1, wk 8
    Start Time: 02:35 PM
    End Time: 04:00 PM
    Duration: 01:25
    Mood: Normal - Not Great But Not Bad

1 Barbell Bench Press - Medium Grip
    #1 235 8
    #2 185 8
    #3 135 8
    #4 235 2
    #5 185 4
    #6 135 6
    2 drop sets 235, 185, 135. Trying to break through this damn wall I have hit on my bench. Amazed how fewer reps I got the 2nd time around.

2 Bent Over Barbell Row
    #1 225 8
    #2 225 7
    #3 225 6
    #4 225 5

3 Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
    #1 175 12
    #2 185 9
    #3 185 4
    This is starting to get a bit scary and I am loving it!

4 Lying Triceps Press
    #1 85 10
    #2 85 10
    #3 85 10
    With EZ Curl bar
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Today's dietary info: 2886 cals (222 carbs, 232 protein, 109 fats) with an estimated out put of 4515, deficit of 1629.
  18. Banned

More free advice, first off your carbs are way to high, 200+ grams of carbs, are you ****ting me, how the **** do you expect to loose fat taking in over two hundred grams of carbs a day, your max should be fifty grams. With that many carbs in your system the body will never burn fat for fuel. Like I said before your diet should be palumbo/anabolic. I gaurante you if you don't imediatly drop your carb intake, you will make no progress.
  19. Pro Virili Parte

WOW... 1testlife is DEFINETELY negged..

taman dont listen to them bro.. you KNOW you are making progress with what you are doing so stick with it. Reps to you bro screw the haters
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  20. Pro Virili Parte

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Wow, 54 rep and 4 whole posts all dedicated to me? Damn, I must really get under your skin for some reason. Not sure why, don't really care.

I have19+ year career working with alcoholics and junkies and sociopaths who would as soon slit your throat as smile at you. I have raised 3 healthy and ethical kids, one of which earned a scholarship to a great nursing college and all three love me deeply. Yet somehow you think that you are gonna get to me? Save your trolling energy for some reactionary 19 year old with a fragile ego that you can prey on little troll. You are insignificant in my life and always will be. Your opinion is meaningless because you have no standing. You are not even worth the head space to get pissed off about. Enjoy this tiny morsel of attention wee troll man, because this is all the attention you will ever get from me.
    great response and BTW his rep is now 0
  21. Banned

rep power zero, are you ten years old. You think I give a **** about rep power, grow the **** up and leave your moms basement. Anyway like I said bra, your not 18 Years old, your metabolism has slowed down big time, you can not get away with eating that many carbs, and expect to loose body fat, its just not going to happen at your age, you have to drop them below 50 Or your not going to see results.
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

healthfit wtf is the matter with you, the fact you walked in there and saw 100 Year olds working out, and didn't imediatly leave makes me question your sanity.
    ok this is the plan, 1 bottle of oxy elite pro, pure creatine mono, beta aline, and bulk daa, those will be your supplements. The diet will be palumbo/anabolic, your trainning will be a one on one off split. There will be no ***** workouts, just hardcore balls to the wall trainning. You will do this until goal is reached.:****you:
    More free advice, first off your carbs are way to high, 200+ grams of carbs, are you ****ting me, how the **** do you expect to loose fat taking in over two hundred grams of carbs a day, your max should be fifty grams. With that many carbs in your system the body will never burn fat for fuel. Like I said before your diet should be palumbo/anabolic. I gaurante you if you don't imediatly drop your carb intake, you will make no progress.
    rep power zero, are you ten years old. You think I give a **** about rep power, grow the **** up and leave your moms basement. Anyway like I said bra, your not 18 Years old, your metabolism has slowed down big time, you can not get away with eating that many carbs, and expect to loose body fat, its just not going to happen at your age, you have to drop them below 50 Or your not going to see results.
    What the **** is wrong with you? I negged you as well, I really don't care if it effects you or not, having you deep in the red will lead to most of this site ignoring you.

Taman is doing what half of this country won't. Does he have some extra weight? Yes, I don't think he would deny that. But he is doing something about it, not only that but he is willing to share his progress with us for a source of advice and motivation. On top of the bravery of facing his situation and taking charge of it, he has also been brave enough to share his pictures with us. How many guys do that?

Rather than come into this thread, encourage him turning his life around and offering constructive criticism, you instead decide to join the thread and be a typical troll, offering advice in a very demeaning way (FYI not everyone has dedicated their life to reading on nutrition and lifting weights) and you criticize his appearance, you even make fun of the gym he is in. What a shallow man you are playing big boy behind a computer monitor.

Taman, I hadn't seen this log until now, but I am glad I did. I will be here following your progress. Keep working at it, you are doing what too many are too weak to attempt, and sticking through with it, which is better than 90% of the people that take that first step. Keep going bro, Ill be watching.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Heard through the grapevine about this thread. Keep up the progress, and stick with it. Health is a way of life, and it takes dedication to make it happen. It'll all be worth it, and then some, to reduce your risk (and cost) of poor health.

I'm surprised by some of the negative comments in here, really unnecessary to get a point across, but you get A-holes everywhere. Good respone though, seems like you're handling it in a mature way as well.

I do agree that carb levels seem a bit high. I saw earlier in the thread Josh recommended reducing carbs. I'd second that notion just based on all the literature and experience I've seen. Just by sheer probability I'm guessing that the carb sources you're eating are probably going to be high glycemic too, and lead to insulin spikes and resistance, which is not good. If you could make 1 improvement to something that's already working, that would be the best IMO. Eliminating refined carbs and foods does wonders for health and bodyweight. It's tough at first, but can be overcome in a week. It takes a strong will.

Good luck!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

There are much better ways to deal with your issues. This post is reported for abusive posting.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm in great work so far buddy

Heretostudy,

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

You've been a member since 2006 and have 6 posts and they're all in thus thread being negative... Go back to lurking you have no place here.

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

taman you are doing great bro!! keep up the good work
    BJJ = life
  28. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Obviously the place sucked, which is why I am now some where else. Out grew it before my membership was up. Van Wert (Ohio) County YM is "the dungeon" and my new abode. Gig on me about the "healthfit" thing all you want, I think it is funny. At least I got off my ass and got going again, and that is what matters.
    a thousand mile journey begins with the 1st step-congrats on taking that step.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

taman, I just read through the whole log. Obviously what you are doing is working. Keep up the great work and don't worry about any of the negative criticism. Where you work out has nothing to do with anything, I work out in a 20 x 30 building in my back yard.
  30. Banned

I don't know what the hell yall reading, I never gave critisicim, only real advice minus the b.s and sugar coating. I asked real questions about more than just fat loss but about life, because if you didn't know mindset is 90% of solution, and will decide succes or failure. Everyone else just offers the same tired bull**** of "just keep it up", wtf is that going to do, aint going to help at all. I will continue to offer the real deal, no compromize, no ass kissing for ****ing rep points. Its ****ing sad how you label someone a troll, when they ask hard questions, and don't just blow smoke up peoples asses. Do you really want every members intelicual contribution to be limited to "good job buddy keep it up".
  31. Pro Virili Parte

I don't know what the hell yall reading, I never gave critisicim, only real advice minus the b.s and sugar coating. I asked real questions about more than just fat loss but about life, because if you didn't know mindset is 90% of solution, and will decide succes or failure. Everyone else just offers the same tired bull**** of "just keep it up", wtf is that going to do, aint going to help at all. I will continue to offer the real deal, no compromize, no ass kissing for ****ing rep points. Its ****ing sad how you label someone a troll, when they ask hard questions, and don't just blow smoke up peoples asses. Do you really want every members intelicual contribution to be limited to "good job buddy keep it up".
    can you please show me your "intellectual" contributions please? I fail to see any within your post. All I see is someone who read a couple of the latest blog post and think they are an expert. Saying it is impossible to loose weight if you eat above 50g carbs is not only wrong but extremely short sighted and just shows your amount of either incompetence or ignorance, either way not helpful at all.

This isnt a bootcamp we dont need a Gunnery Sergeant Hartman here so go back to where ever you came from
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Seems to me he is steadly progressing towards his goal. I'd say that puts him in the right mindset.

Encourage, not discourage.
  33. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

there is a huge difference between offering constructive critism and just plain punking someone out.

the good job buddy keep it up remarks were giving the man credit for recognizing he had a problem and acting on it. i learned a long time ago that admitting you have a problem is half the battle.

a little encouragement can go a long way.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I do agree that carb levels seem a bit high. I saw earlier in the thread Josh recommended reducing carbs. I'd second that notion just based on all the literature and experience I've seen. Just by sheer probability I'm guessing that the carb sources you're eating are probably going to be high glycemic too, and lead to insulin spikes and resistance, which is not good. If you could make 1 improvement to something that's already working, that would be the best IMO. Eliminating refined carbs and foods does wonders for health and bodyweight. It's tough at first, but can be overcome in a week. It takes a strong will.

Good luck!
    Yeah, I have been considering that also. Just got the OK from the Doc to go full Keto a few weeks ago but have not made the jump yet. Wanted to make sure it would not screw up my cholesterol and be a vascular issue. With my medical history, I am sure you can see why. You will note however with a bit of examination, that I did start at least "moderating" carbs about 4-6 weeks ago and upping the fat intake some. 200+ is a bit high, but when I started this journey, I was taking a "low fat" approach with over 300+ G carbs daily. Also, I do a pretty good job of avoid high GI carbs due to the Type II Diabetes. Most (but certainly not all) of my carbs are from Rye Bread, lactose (milk and cottage cheese) and post W/O G2 (reduced carb gatorade), apples and fruit yogurts.

I certainly appreciate the support and encouragement of every one who has posted lately. However, it is not like I was gonna say " Oh NOES, Internet baddies is being mean to me, I gives up!" I do what I do because I CHOOSE TO DO IT, not because some one else approves or disapproves. (Please do not take that wrong, as I stated, I do appreciate the support from the AM Community, but ultimately, it is me that has to get me off my ass and get that ass moving.)

Thanks all once again,

T
  35. Pro Virili Parte

Its good that you have a doctor that is willing to work with you and your diet. My only concern with keto would be if you on any medication that lowers your blood pressure. Eliminating grains and carbs WILL effect your blood pressure and if you are taking something that lowers it as well then you may be borderlining too low but again that is something your doctor should be considering. Typically going keto isnt going to have a negative effect on your cholesterol it should in fact help improve it if anything but then again I am not sure about your specific conditions and past history again this is why it is AWESOME your doctor is working WITH you. I work in a hospital and most docs wont even consider suggesting diet changes to people they just write scripts and give them away to people so they will take them for the rest of their lives.

If I can offer some advice I would advise against full blown keto. With a high body fat ratio your body will willing burn fat for fuel and isnt really needed to be forced to do that. I feel going keto is more approaiate for those who are looking to rip up before a competition and are already low body fat and just want to be lower. The health benifits from fruit are too much to give up for whatever little difference it would be. I would suggest to go with around a 100g carb limit. Make sure every meal contains healthy fat and protein and then have 2 servings of fruit and save starchy carbs for post workout and up the veggie intake like crazy. I firmly believe with the right diet anything is possible you just have to give your body the tools it needs and you will get there. I am currently reading protein power by dr eades and they explain very well the physiological effects of limiting carbs. You dont have to go full keto, start off with around 100g and then if you feel you want faster weight loss then you can cut from there. Just my opinion.. take care buddy
  36. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wasn't thinking. After reading Judo's post, he is right, given health conditions, Keto may not be the best option.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Subbed!

Any individual who looks at themselve in the mirror and says I wanna make myself better and then does so has my respect.

You will not make super gains over night. There is no miracle diet. Its a long tedious process and you have started on the right foot. Gotta learn what works best for you and this is a process of years. But every year you wont recognize yourself...you will look better and better and in 5-10 years you'll look back and say I didnt even think this was possible. Keep going. Dont do anything stupidly drastic...dont go balls to the walls out of nowhere. You progress to balls to the walls so as to prevent injury but never cheat yourself during a workout.

Push yourself every workout. Progressively push yourself harder and harder allowing your hunger for more to grow with every workout. You have already had very good progress and you should be proud that you are making yourself better physically and mentally. Building emotional fortitude via hard work.

I'll be following and you have my support.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

This is probably one of the rudest things I have seen anyone post to someone trying to better themselves... Shameful!

First off weight loss more than ANYTHING else comes calories in vs calories out which has accounted for quite a bit of weight loss so far. Yes lower carb may be quicker for some but there is not any 1 way of dieting or training right for everyone. You already failed at your guaranty because he has lost fat already. The palumbo stuff and the Anabolic Diet has already been improved upon vastly. Not that they are in any way ineffective but they are far from the end all be all either.

The point of the neg on the rep is to point out that someone is being rude or cruel. Both scenarios fit youir posts to the T. We don't care about your points. Actually from your posts the only points you seem to be making is you think your elite, and better than him. Even though showing only one-sided cliquish mentality that comes from someone thinking there is only 1 way to do things and that is their way. Only DC training, Only Anabolic Diet, only Palumbo... Really is kind of funny to see fanaticism like that still running rampant with so much actual information out there. You want to add to the conversation show that you understand his nutrition first and how something else would benefit him more. Talking crap too him, and being dismissive to anyone who has a different opinion is not going to do anything for anyone but you. So I hope it makes you feel elite. That way at least someone will have a high opinion of you.

As far as him not being 18 anymore that has NOTHING to do with carb intake. NOTHING!!!!! It is still calories in calories out, and being older only means the metabolism has slowed down. Granted he could be insulin resistant due to years of processed carbs lowering insulin sensitivity but that isn't an age thing it is common for teenagers to get Type II diabetes now from all the eating so really carbs don't have anything to do with his age. Still comes down to calories in and calories out.

I understand all the intricacies of diet and how the hormones react to foods and carbs especially. I understand what you are actually trying to communicate and if you hadn't tried to tear him down you might have gotten your point across but instead you came in acting like a schoolyard bully and everyone is rolling their eyes at you seeking attention. You make unwarranted statements and ask intentionally inflammatory questions meant to degrade and berate him for his current situation instead of patting him on the back for getting off the couch. If you are HONESTLY trying to help then you may want to work on your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    What the **** is wrong with you? I negged you as well, I really don't care if it effects you or not, having you deep in the red will lead to most of this site ignoring you.

Taman is doing what half of this country won't. Does he have some extra weight? Yes, I don't think he would deny that. But he is doing something about it, not only that but he is willing to share his progress with us for a source of advice and motivation. On top of the bravery of facing his situation and taking charge of it, he has also been brave enough to share his pictures with us. How many guys do that?

Rather than come into this thread, encourage him turning his life around and offering constructive criticism, you instead decide to join the thread and be a typical troll, offering advice in a very demeaning way (FYI not everyone has dedicated their life to reading on nutrition and lifting weights) and you criticize his appearance, you even make fun of the gym he is in. What a shallow man you are playing big boy behind a computer monitor.

Taman, I hadn't seen this log until now, but I am glad I did. I will be here following your progress. Keep working at it, you are doing what too many are too weak to attempt, and sticking through with it, which is better than 90% of the people that take that first step. Keep going bro, Ill be watching.
    Well said!

Man I really hope you don't honestly think your comments are benign in here. They reek of contempt not only for him having let himself go but to anyone who has a weight problem. Cursing him and others at every turn because they are not subscribing to your way of thinking. If you truly intended to help you could have given the same advice you did without being negative toward him. You come from the bully school of helping people. I offered you my advice now follow it or you will fail, as I am infallible!!!!

Sorry but man you have been a real jerk in here. I don't even know this guy and want to protect him from your cancerous attitude. You give yourself a lot of credit that you aren't worthy of in that paragraph. You did not ask many pertinent questions, how do you look at yourself in the mirror, not a pertinent question, how were yo not disgusted with yourself again not pertinent...

Oh wait this pertinent question "still no excuse, you can get weights,bench,bars,etc,etc. Through the want ads for very cheap, how can you face yourself after a "hard core" workout out at healthfit surrounding by old ladies doing light cardio or whatever the **** they do. In those 12 years you my friend lost more than your health, you also lost your manhood."

If you honestly don't see yourself being a jerk imagine if this were your Mother and I spoke to her the way you have to him. I bet that you would get all keyboard tough and type at me hard... People might even hear the keys from 2 cubicles over...

I fail to see where you actually had an intellectual comment or question but I may have just closed my eyes in the middle of one of your train wreck posts and missed it.

Why if the guy has lost 30 lbs do we need to tell him anything other than good job and keep it up? He is succeeding so why should he not keep succeeding. I am failing to see how it is needed for us to push our views on diet on him especially if he is succeeding at his goal, and doesn't want them which he has made it obvious he does not want your input in his thread any longer.

Are you also a Member of the Cobra Kai Dojo or did you develop that winning personality on your own? Mercy is for the weak! Yes Sensai!!!!!!

Another thing if you have such an utter disdain for anyone who let themselves get overweight... WHAT THE FUG ARE YOU DOING IN THE WEIGHT LOSS SECTION????

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Seems to me he is steadly progressing towards his goal. I'd say that puts him in the right mindset.

Encourage, not discourage.
    Exactly! It really is too bad some people are so negative and rude to others.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  39. Pro Virili Parte

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    If you honestly don't see yourself being a jerk imagine if this were your Mother and I spoke to her the way you have to him. I bet that you would get all keyboard tough and type at me hard... People might even hear the keys from 2 cubicles over...
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    This is probably one of the rudest things I have seen anyone post to someone trying to better themselves... Shameful!

First off weight loss more than ANYTHING else comes calories in vs calories out which has accounted for quite a bit of weight loss so far. Yes lower carb may be quicker for some but there is not any 1 way of dieting or training right for everyone. You already failed at your guaranty because he has lost fat already. The palumbo stuff and the Anabolic Diet has already been improved upon vastly. Not that they are in any way ineffective but they are far from the end all be all either.

The point of the neg on the rep is to point out that someone is being rude or cruel. Both scenarios fit youir posts to the T. We don't care about your points. Actually from your posts the only points you seem to be making is you think your elite, and better than him. Even though showing only one-sided cliquish mentality that comes from someone thinking there is only 1 way to do things and that is their way. Only DC training, Only Anabolic Diet, only Palumbo... Really is kind of funny to see fanaticism like that still running rampant with so much actual information out there. You want to add to the conversation show that you understand his nutrition first and how something else would benefit him more. Talking crap too him, and being dismissive to anyone who has a different opinion is not going to do anything for anyone but you. So I hope it makes you feel elite. That way at least someone will have a high opinion of you.

As far as him not being 18 anymore that has NOTHING to do with carb intake. NOTHING!!!!! It is still calories in calories out, and being older only means the metabolism has slowed down. Granted he could be insulin resistant due to years of processed carbs lowering insulin sensitivity but that isn't an age thing it is common for teenagers to get Type II diabetes now from all the eating so really carbs don't have anything to do with his age. Still comes down to calories in and calories out.

I understand all the intricacies of diet and how the hormones react to foods and carbs especially. I understand what you are actually trying to communicate and if you hadn't tried to tear him down you might have gotten your point across but instead you came in acting like a schoolyard bully and everyone is rolling their eyes at you seeking attention. You make unwarranted statements and ask intentionally inflammatory questions meant to degrade and berate him for his current situation instead of patting him on the back for getting off the couch. If you are HONESTLY trying to help then you may want to work on your approach.

Well said!

Man I really hope you don't honestly think your comments are benign in here. They reek of contempt not only for him having let himself go but to anyone who has a weight problem. Cursing him and others at every turn because they are not subscribing to your way of thinking. If you truly intended to help you could have given the same advice you did without being negative toward him. You come from the bully school of helping people. I offered you my advice now follow it or you will fail, as I am infallible!!!!

Sorry but man you have been a real jerk in here. I don't even know this guy and want to protect him from your cancerous attitude. You give yourself a lot of credit that you aren't worthy of in that paragraph. You did not ask many pertinent questions, how do you look at yourself in the mirror, not a pertinent question, how were yo not disgusted with yourself again not pertinent...

Oh wait this pertinent question "still no excuse, you can get weights,bench,bars,etc,etc. Through the want ads for very cheap, how can you face yourself after a "hard core" workout out at healthfit surrounding by old ladies doing light cardio or whatever the **** they do. In those 12 years you my friend lost more than your health, you also lost your manhood."

I fail to see where you actually had an intellectual comment or question but I may have just closed my eyes in the middle of one of your train wreck posts and missed it.

Why if the guy has lost 30 lbs do we need to tell him anything other than good job and keep it up? He is succeeding so why should he not keep succeeding. I am failing to see how it is needed for us to push our views on diet on him especially if he is succeeding at his goal, and doesn't want them which he has made it obvious he does not want your input in his thread any longer.

Are you also a Member of the Cobra Kai Dojo or did you develop that winning personality on your own? Mercy is for the weak! Yes Sensai!!!!!!

Another thing if you have such an utter disdain for anyone who let themselves get overweight... WHAT THE FUG ARE YOU DOING IN THE WEIGHT LOSS SECTION????

Exactly! It really is too bad some people are so negative and rude to others.
    Outstanding, MrKleen, Outstanding!!!!

Now he's like
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. clear plan, critique please!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:19 PM
  2. Critique Plan
    By MUSCULO in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:04 AM